MFC MOTHERS' CLUB: Mothers who love MIKA

Blue Sky

Hi Fellow Mothers...popping in to say "hello". Yes, the MFC can be our "bridge" night, "afternoon tea", "spa day" - us girls, especially us moms need this. (Mind you, I'm probably devoting a lot more time here then I should :naughty: )

I have to wake up 2 hours before everyone else in the morning, just to be able to catch up here. So I'm gaining a few more pounds because I am totally skipping my workout.

However this morning, before the household awoke, I did a load of laundry, wrote some Christmas cards, played "Tooth Fairy" and put money under my daughter's pillow (and took her tooth), made lunches, signed homework, and a dozen other things...I feel like I run a marathon before I even start my day a work! :blink:

Just another day as a mom... :biggrin2:

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so far hubby is not interested in going to a Mika gig (thankfully or who'd watch the kids!) but I agree about the ego thing. I was walking through the shops the other day thinking about Mika (about the only time I don't think about Mika is when i'm asleep and even then I'm not so sure) and it suddenly occured to me that if my hubby was as obsessed with some little pop tart who I couldn't even appreciate the talent of, as I am about Mika (not saying Mika is a pop tart btw) I don't know if I'd take it too well.

never thought about it that way.my hubby going crazy for a young pop star.doesnt sound right somehow...well tough...he s given up now and knows there is no cure for mika madness..and i dont want to find a cure either.this guy is so much part of my life too !!!!(mika i mean....not so sure about my husband!!!!

Hi Fellow Mothers...popping in to say "hello". Yes, the MFC can be our "bridge" night, "afternoon tea", "spa day" - us girls, especially us moms need this. (Mind you, I'm probably devoting a lot more time here then I should :naughty: )

I have to wake up 2 hours before everyone else in the morning, just to be able to catch up here. So I'm gaining a few more pounds because I am totally skipping my workout.

However this morning, before the household awoke, I did a load of laundry, wrote some Christmas cards, played "Tooth Fairy" and put money under my daughter's pillow (and took her tooth), made lunches, signed homework, and a dozen other things...I feel like I run a marathon before I even start my day a work! :blink:

Just another day as a mom... :biggrin2:

so now is the time to relax...take it easy....like the man says and enjoy spreading your Mika thoughts on the keyboard!hope your day went well....

so far hubby is not interested in going to a Mika gig (thankfully or who'd watch the kids!) but I agree about the ego thing. I was walking through the shops the other day thinking about Mika (about the only time I don't think about Mika is when i'm asleep and even then I'm not so sure) and it suddenly occured to me that if my hubby was as obsessed with some little pop tart who I couldn't even appreciate the talent of, as I am about Mika (not saying Mika is a pop tart btw) I don't know if I'd take it too well.

Yeah but...there is a slight difference. :mf_rosetinted:

so now is the time to relax...take it easy....like the man says and enjoy spreading your Mika thoughts on the keyboard!hope your day went well....

Yes, thank you...my guilty pleasure is to be plonked right here on the chair in front of this screen for hours on end....:bleh:

hello mothers for Mika.am i the only one who like" my interpretation"?i think this song been underestimated on life in cartoon motion.i m not sayin its the best i m more a love today type of person but for some reason the lyrycs send shivers down my spine .oh thats just the Mika effect again!!:gathering: i need a reason not to care...

hello mothers for Mika.am i the only one who like" my interpretation"?i think this song been underestimated on life in cartoon motion.i m not sayin its the best i m more a love today type of person but for some reason the lyrycs send shivers down my spine .oh thats just the Mika effect again!!:gathering: i need a reason not to care...

Hi there, quick pop in to the mothers club:thumb_yello:

Yes i think it is a great song too .........:wink2:

I think there is not a bad sng on LICM really ....... i love em all..:blush-anim-cl:

They all have different moods don't they ... also love any other world ... quite sad ..but great ... they all sound even better when you are watching him from the front row of a gig ! :wink2:

My Interpretation is my favourite song on the album!! I love the lyrics, love the tune, love the fact that it's really not too high.... I just love it.

My Interpretation is my favourite song on the album!! I love the lyrics, love the tune, love the fact that it's really not too high.... I just love it.

My fave song on the album... is Stuck in the Middle! It is too fabulous! :wub2:

My fave song on the album... is Stuck in the Middle! It is too fabulous! :wub2:

I like so much Stuck in the Middle, too:naughty: . My English is not good, but when Mika says: “Are five kids better than one, who'd doesn't like to be gone?” he is talking about his family because they are in five and he is in the middle, Mika is the 3rd, isn’t he?

Hi Fellow Mothers...popping in to say "hello". Yes, the MFC can be our "bridge" night, "afternoon tea", "spa day" - us girls, especially us moms need this. (Mind you, I'm probably devoting a lot more time here then I should )

However this morning, before the household awoke, I did a load of laundry, wrote some Christmas cards, played "Tooth Fairy" and put money under my daughter's pillow (and took her tooth), made lunches, signed homework, and a dozen other things...I feel like I run a marathon before I even start my day a work!

Just another day as a mom...

I have to tell you, the Tooth Fairy in our house is so MIKA obsessed the kids wake up and say "Aw Mum the tooth fairy forgot AGAIN"

How bad do I feel:boxed:

Hi there, quick pop in to the mothers club:thumb_yello:

Yes i think it is a great song too .........

I think there is not a bad sng on LICM really ....... i love em all..:blush-anim-cl:

They all have different moods don't they ... also love any other world ... quite sad ..but great ... they all sound even better when you are watching him from the front row of a gig ! :wink2:

Yeah yeah rub it in:naughty:

I am in love with HMDYLM the new song from the recent tour, and the Satellite cover song and Any Other world. But that is not to say I don:t love the others too, but I have listened to them all millions of times since I joined here in Feb, I own about 7 copies of LICM (just expanded the collection to include LICM from China and Taiwan!!) so I guess I gravitate to non-LICM songs right now! eg I LOVED the new cover last night of Massive Attack:s Teardrop, especially when I thought....this sounds like the theme from House MD and then found out later that it WAS used in the theme for House :roftl:

But Mika could sing Old McDonald had a farm and I would be in heaven :roll1:

My favorite song?? Any other world: especially when the cello's are playing I got all shivers through my bones!! But nevertheless, I like all Mikasongs. And My interpretation is high on the list. In fact, never had an album where there is absolutely no bad song on it. When I have to clean up the house, Mika makes work a lot ligher and happier!!! :groupwave:

Since I only just recently found Mika and therefore only recently got the album, they are all still kind of "new" to me. I also love every song on the album, but My Interpretation is favourite, followed by Stuck in the Middle. Everything after that is a very close tie depending on my mood.

And Mika's not just good for doing the housework to. Writing Christmas cards (like I was just now) - Mika. Bathing the toddler - Mika. Going for my morning walk - Mika. Trying to distract said toddler from something she's about to throw a tantrum about - Mika. Doing welfare at chuch - Mika (nobody actually said anything about it, but I couldn't help gushing to clients about him. And I'm not the one doing the interviews btw, I'm just the meet and greet volunteer, so I'm not wasting anyone's interview time...) Shopping - Mika. Driving - Mika. Showering - Mika. There are very few areas of my life that I can't fit a little Mika into. He's just so.... *sigh* There just aren't words really.

I have to tell you, the Tooth Fairy in our house is so MIKA obsessed the kids wake up and say "Aw Mum the tooth fairy forgot AGAIN"

How bad do I feel:boxed:

Yeah yeah rub it in:naughty:

I am in love with HMDYLM the new song from the recent tour, and the Satellite cover song and Any Other world. But that is not to say I don:t love the others too, but I have listened to them all millions of times since I joined here in Feb, I own about 7 copies of LICM (just expanded the collection to include LICM from China and Taiwan!!) so I guess I gravitate to non-LICM songs right now! eg I LOVED the new cover last night of Massive Attack:s Teardrop, especially when I thought....this sounds like the theme from House MD and then found out later that it WAS used in the theme for House :roftl:

But Mika could sing Old McDonald had a farm and I would be in heaven :roll1:

Can you tell we've got kids? You just had to pick a nursery rhyme. On the MFC official song thread, I was trying to explain that the tune I made up was really not original cos one part sounded like this (something from the Simpsons) and another part sounded like that (vegemite ad from growing up) and I could also hear Miss Polly had a dolly in it. I said, can you guess who has a toddler and spends all day singing nursery rhymes?

Can you tell we've got kids? You just had to pick a nursery rhyme. On the MFC official song thread, I was trying to explain that the tune I made up was really not original cos one part sounded like this (something from the Simpsons) and another part sounded like that (vegemite ad from growing up) and I could also hear Miss Polly had a dolly in it. I said, can you guess who has a toddler and spends all day singing nursery rhymes?

My boys love singing songs with me !:wink2:

Ofcourse lillipop is about the fave but Ben loves SITM... infact MIKA !

he decided he wanted to play piano after hearing that song on holiday:roftl:

Must tell Mika that one day and get him to sign something for Ben:biggrin2:

I have fond memoreis of our summer holiday in York when i bought LICM and they sang it all the way home to keep amused:biggrin2: Hubby even said he quite liked it ! :wub2:

Relax ...........take it eeeeeasy x

i love reading all yr stories...they are all so similar to mine!

so i won't repeat what has been said already...

but that i love you all! :wub2:

here and in the oldlings we can really feel a sense of belonging, don't you think?

belonging to mika...of course! :blush-anim-cl:

You guys are great! I can very well relate to all your stories. Yesterday, my 9 year old son was telling his teacher about missing school in Feb. for a Mika gig and she was curious who he was. They went on Youtube and once she heard Grace Kelly, she knew she had heard the song before and they listened to some other ones like Big Girl. She said that she liked his voice and that she would miss school too to go to see him. There was another girl that was in the classroom (this was during lunch break) and she got Grace Kelly stuck in her head and was singing it the rest of the day.

So now, instead of listening to High School Musical that she had been playing in the classroom, she is going to start playing Mika. My son was so excited.

Wow, in Belgium you cannot leave school for a gig! So, we will have to give another serious reason in able to let the kids leave school! Or they have to be "ill" that day! It is not nice you have to feel guilty because you want to take your kids out of school for the amazing Mika!!

This was circulated to me by a friend this morning - don't know where it originated, but thought some of us here could relate!

Dear Santa,

I've been a good mom all year. I've fed, cleaned and cuddled my children on demand, visited the doctor's office more than my doctor and sold sixty-two cases of candy bars to raise money to plant a shade tree on the school playground. I was hoping you could spread my list out over several Christmases, since I had to write this letter with my son's red crayon, on the back of a receipt in the laundry room between cycles, and who knows when I'll find anymore free time in the next 18 years..

Here are my Christmas wishes:

I'd like a pair of legs that don't ache (in any color, except purple, which I already have) and arms that don't hurt or flap in the breeze, but are strong enough to pull my screaming child out of the candy aisle in the grocery store.

I'd also like a waist, since I lost mine somewhere in the seventh month of my last pregnancy.

If you're hauling big ticket items this year I'd like fingerprint resistant windows and a radio that only plays adult music, a television that doesn't broadcast any programs containing talking animals, and a refrigerator with a secret compartment behind the crisper where I can hide to talk on the phone.

On the practical side, I could use a talking doll that says, "Yes, Mommy" to boost my parental confidence, along with two kids who don't fight and three pairs of jeans that will zip all the way up without the use of power tools.

I could also use a recording of Tibetan monks chanting "Don't eat in the living room" and "Take your hands off your brother," because my voice seems to be just out of my children's hearing range and can only be heard by the dog.

If it's too late to find any of these products, I'd settle for enough time to brush my teeth and comb my hair in the same morning, or the luxury of eating food warmer than room temperature without it being served in a Styrofoam container.

If you don't mind, I could also use a few Christmas miracles to brighten the holiday season. Would it be too much trouble to declare ketchup a vegetable? It will clear my conscience immensely. It would be helpful if you could coerce my children to help around the house without demanding payment as if they were the bosses of an organized crime family.

Well, Santa, the buzzer on the dryer is calling and my son saw my feet under the laundry room door. I think he wants his crayon back. Have a safe trip and remember to leave your wet boots by the door and come in and dry off so you don't catch cold.

Help yourself to cookies on the table but don't eat too many or leave crumbs on the carpet.

Yours Always,

MOM...

P.S. One more thing...you can cancel all my requests if you can keep my children young enough to believe in Santa.

*Santa has asked that this gets passed on to all the mommies you know

This was circulated to me by a friend this morning - don't know where it originated, but thought some of us here could relate!

Dear Santa,

I've been a good mom all year. I've fed, cleaned and cuddled my children on demand, visited the doctor's office more than my doctor and sold sixty-two cases of candy bars to raise money to plant a shade tree on the school playground. I was hoping you could spread my list out over several Christmases, since I had to write this letter with my son's red crayon, on the back of a receipt in the laundry room between cycles, and who knows when I'll find anymore free time in the next 18 years..

Here are my Christmas wishes:

I'd like a pair of legs that don't ache (in any color, except purple, which I already have) and arms that don't hurt or flap in the breeze, but are strong enough to pull my screaming child out of the candy aisle in the grocery store.

I'd also like a waist, since I lost mine somewhere in the seventh month of my last pregnancy.

If you're hauling big ticket items this year I'd like fingerprint resistant windows and a radio that only plays adult music, a television that doesn't broadcast any programs containing talking animals, and a refrigerator with a secret compartment behind the crisper where I can hide to talk on the phone.

On the practical side, I could use a talking doll that says, "Yes, Mommy" to boost my parental confidence, along with two kids who don't fight and three pairs of jeans that will zip all the way up without the use of power tools.

I could also use a recording of Tibetan monks chanting "Don't eat in the living room" and "Take your hands off your brother," because my voice seems to be just out of my children's hearing range and can only be heard by the dog.

If it's too late to find any of these products, I'd settle for enough time to brush my teeth and comb my hair in the same morning, or the luxury of eating food warmer than room temperature without it being served in a Styrofoam container.

If you don't mind, I could also use a few Christmas miracles to brighten the holiday season. Would it be too much trouble to declare ketchup a vegetable? It will clear my conscience immensely. It would be helpful if you could coerce my children to help around the house without demanding payment as if they were the bosses of an organized crime family.

Well, Santa, the buzzer on the dryer is calling and my son saw my feet under the laundry room door. I think he wants his crayon back. Have a safe trip and remember to leave your wet boots by the door and come in and dry off so you don't catch cold.

Help yourself to cookies on the table but don't eat too many or leave crumbs on the carpet.

Yours Always,

MOM...

P.S. One more thing...you can cancel all my requests if you can keep my children young enough to believe in Santa.

*Santa has asked that this gets passed on to all the mommies you know

I'm liking it !:wink2:

Guess we're all so mad busy that's why we've no time for MFC!

Could we add Mika to the above list:naughty: :wink2:

Hello Clelia and welcome!!

You are # 56 on the Mothers List.

To answer your question, I think some of us come from places where husbands are not so involved in our choice of becoming MFC members or not. I live in Japan and here the husbands don't participate in that sort of decision at all. They also don't participate very much in child care, choice of school, nor do they go out to social events with their wives very much. It just isn't part of their culture. So my husband goes out every night for "business" dinners to celebrate the end of the year, and I stay home looking after the three kids...so for me, hanging out on MFC is my choice, and my social life sometimes too!

But just before you feel sorry for me,:naughty: I am off to my family's place in Australia on Saturday. My husbands doesn't worry about that either...he is staying on to work for another week. Usually he doesn't bother coming. It is 4 years since he has visited my family!! :shocked:

So each country is probably different!

Hi Blue Sky,

I‘d like to have written to you days ago, but I was very, very busy during these last days.:sweatdrop: You know how it works.. end of the year… family members asking for some help because everybody is busy with their own things. And I? No answer.

But now I took some time for me; so, I can relax in the MFC.

I don’t feel sorry for you, because you've discovered how to avoid the routine :bored: , the problems and at the same time, like all of us, you've found a way to have good and happy moments inside the MFC.:woot_jump:

to all busy mum around the globe.i would just like to wish u all a very merry xmas and a fantastic new year with loads more Mika madness and i would like to thank Mika for cheering up most of our everyday lives no matter what nationality,what sex and most of af all what age we are!!!!joyeux noel et bonne annee a tous x:cheers:

to all busy mum around the globe.i would just like to wish u all a very merry xmas and a fantastic new year with loads more Mika madness and i would like to thank Mika for cheering up most of our everyday lives no matter what nationality,what sex and most of af all what age we are!!!!joyeux noel et bonne annee a tous x:cheers:

Hi FRENCHCATHY,

Thank you for the lovely words. I wish you and all mums of this friendly fan club a happy Christmas and all the best for the New Year :newyear: and I hope we will keep sharing good moments and taking part at the Mika’s amazing, colored and magic World. :yay:

Hi!:biggrin2:

My name is Dragana.I'm from Serbia...

I'm 27...

Have son...He'll be 4 in January

I'm a bit late...I find this thread today!:blush-anim-cl:

hey Dragana, Welcome to the mother's thread!

Merry Christmas all my fellow Mika mothers. I may not get on here tomorrow, so have a lovely day:biggrin2: