GMA Free Outdoor Mika Concert - Bryant Park, New York City

Yoppappop

Hello Kata.

:yay: to Mika. :mf_rosetinted:

Nice free concert, pity we paid for ours and didn't get one. :mf_rosetinted:

And I thought I was feeling better.

yeah i must say this makes me a little mad too!

poor canadians!

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

omg free concert tonight !!! NYC people are sooooo lucky...

I hope the media here won't find out about this... cause he cancelled a charity show here and now he is doing a free concert...

Yeah I caught that about the free concert!!! I'm a little put off by it (no offence to those that are going) it's just that my best friend and I were going to go to the charity concert in Quebec tonight and this was going to be his first Mika concert - second concert for me. I was really looking forward to going with him too and being able to see Mika together. That seriously would have made my summer. :tears:

Have fun tonight to whoever is going.

:mf_rosetinted:

woop!! ah a free concert..lucky them! i think i saw danika :biggrin2::yay: i have it recorded but it came out crappy :thumbdown::(

can't wait to see lollipop!!!

waking up at 6 was worth it haha although he performed at 8:30 :roftl:

He really did great, the stage was cute, and the whole free concert thing is really nice of him. Who else thought it was funny that the "Big Girls" had to be covered up? He got caught between two of them too..:naughty:

Wonder if he will be doing a "free concert" for all those cancelled ones in Europe and Canada?

Quite a lot of us missed his concert too.

Hello Kata.

:yay: to Mika. :mf_rosetinted:

Nice free concert, pity we paid for ours and didn't get one. :mf_rosetinted:

And I thought I was feeling better.

:yay: I don't know what to say anymore...I'll just try to be happy for the american MFCers...and enjoy that I got rid of my WOW ticket, would probably have been kinda pissed off if I had been in a field in Sweden when I got these news :roftl:

Honestly... if the St-Jean's show find out about this free concert tonight they are going to be SOOOOO pissed... wow it's gonna hurt his reputation BIG TIME here...

Cause this show was a charity event... all the profits went to "Le Club des Petits Déjeûners" who provide breakfast in schools for poor children who often come to school on an empty stomach. And Mika was THE attraction of this show. Since he cancelled A LOT of people got theur money back, which means less money for the charity. So "Le Club des Petits Déjeûners" are losing money because of this, but I guess they weren't angry at him cause he claimed he was sick. But now if they find out he is doing a FREE concert in NYC while he was supposed to be here...

omg things could get dirty.... :shocked:

He really did great, the stage was cute, and the whole free concert thing is really nice of him. Who else thought it was funny that the "Big Girls" had to be covered up? He got caught between two of them too..:naughty:

Hahahaha yes! I cracked up when I saw what the big girls were wearing!!!

And, seriously, that man is amazing. I know there are a lot of people here that are upset because their gig got cancelled, but that poor, sick man felt so bad about the weather that he's giving a free concert. I wish I was that nice.

And, seriously, that man is amazing. I know there are a lot of people here that are upset because their gig got cancelled, but that poor, sick man felt so bad about the weather that he's giving a free concert. I wish I was that nice.

FFS get a grip!

Honestly... if the St-Jean's show find out about this free concert tonight they are going to be SOOOOO pissed... wow it's gonna hurt his reputation BIG TIME here...

Cause this show was a charity event... all the profits went to "Le Club des Petits Déjeûners" who provide breakfast in schools for poor children who often come to school on an empty stomach. And Mika was THE attraction of this show. Since he cancelled A LOT of people got theur money back, which means less money for the charity. So "Le Club des Petits Déjeûners" are losing money because of this, but I guess they weren't angry at him cause he claimed he was sick. But now if they find out he is doing a FREE concert in NYC while he was supposed to be here...

omg things could get dirty.... :shocked:

:shocked: I didn't catch the show was TONIGHT :sneaky2:

This is pretty bad... :thumbdown:

yes that is very nice of him from their point of view but try to understand our point of view here in Canada... and the fact that a charity lost money because of this and all...

sorry I'm a little put off by this...

oh well try and stay positive

YAY for the people who are going !!!

yes that is very nice of him from their point of view but try to understand our point of view here in Canada... and the fact that a charity lost money because of this and all...

I didn't seek a refund for my ticket so that the charity doesn't lose out.

hahaha, yeah, i thought that was pretty funny:naughty:

it looked like he was trying to sort of stay a little bit away from them then next thing you know, hes a mika sandwitch:roftl:

sorry I'm a little put off by this...

oh well try and stay positive

YAY for the people who are going !!!

Oh I understand, I would feel the same way if I were you.

I'm just trying not to blame him if his actions seem unfair. When trying to not disappoint some people, you often end up disappointing others. Whether we all agree or not, I just hope he is just trying to do what he thinks is right.

It might be me, but I think something should be done for those of us who have had a gig cancelled. It doesn't have to be anything big, but I don't know what. I don't know if any of you agree and I hope I'm not sounding "greedy." I just think it bites to have things cancelled last minute or have three gigs scheduled in one day only for him to cancel two but then put on a free show (which yeah I admit is nice because some where not able to get into the studio, but still.) :boxed:

Um. I have a question: Did anyone else just have like, the last 25 seconds of Love Today and that was it?! I hope to God that that's not all.......It was like the commercial came back late and we got a choppy entrance to the last part of Love Today and then it stopped.

:roftl: me too...u should have seen me..i was so in shock lol..i was liek no that can't be all...after waiting for 2 and a half hours...i almost had a heart/panic attack.

is it just me or when they talked about his site and he said mikasounds.com..my heart sank a little...in my head i was shouting MFC!! oh well.