GMA Free Outdoor Mika Concert - Bryant Park, New York City

Yoppappop

I . My Leb. friends here wanted me to ask what part of Lebanon he was from, and I tried to ask 3 times, but he didn't hear me.

That was the most gracious thing of him to do. Offer us his music. But, more on that later.

Wasn't he born in Beiruit in 1983? :mf_rosetinted:

I would have liked him to offer me his music. Graciously. At The Big Chill.

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, I'm back guys. This took over an hour to type. I will do my best to give a report but it will probably end up as a mushy (but probably the most honest thing I've ever written) homage to Mika.

My train DID make it in time, I was in a great position at GMA. Sorry for being so annoying hining about that earlier. When I'm nervous, I'm the most annoying person ever.

I ran, as planned to Times Square, and fell in a huge muddy puddle of water on the way, as I was running.* I made it at 6 AM on the dot, and everything was fine.

We were in line. Mika saw my bigass Leb. Lollipop Girl sign,. He pointed right to it and laughed and waved and what not and I was really happy that he acknowledged that. I worked a lot on the sign and the whole shindig, so I was very happy about that.

I made it in, and got into a great side by the stage. I happened to end up with with Jackie, Jen and Rachel (MOTW, lovetoday, PinkSock) and several others (Carrie = amazing). Kjoshi and I talked earlier, but she ended up on the other side of the stage- The lady coordinating it told me to go to the other side, so I did. We then were together at the secret gig. More about that later.

Mika came over to us a lot at the GMA taping. He was his cute usual self (to make it short here). He highfived me and everyone was asking him to sign stuff. He was going to sign my poster, but I wanted to give him my card first, and I couldn't really reach so I'm glad he got my card instead. It had everything I wanted to say to him in it, and I'm very happy he got it. Everyone was like, "Mika! Sign this!" and I said, "Mika, this is for you," and he said "Oh, thank you!" with a cute face and that's all the action I got, for which I am very grateful. My Leb. friends here wanted me to ask what part of Lebanon he was from, and I tried to ask 3 times, but he didn't hear me. It was really rush rush. So I do feel really, really bad about that and I've got to apologize to them. They've been trying to figure it out for weeks.

So we were finding out bits and pieces of the secret gig which the idea of it, let me say is so, so, so, sweet. Weather like this happens all the time and I don't know any other artist who would do this, especially with the way Mika has been feeling (health-wise) lately. That was the most gracious thing of him to do. Offer us his music. But, more on that later.

Once I got the address squared away, my Mom and I went to Alice's Tea Cup, which is a very cute place, Tea, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner all themed Alice In Wonderland! I loved going there in my costume! The tea was fabulous, they had hundreds of kinds!

Then we went to Dylan's Candy Bar which was nearby: Lollipop Girl's dream!

The employee who rang me up saw me and was like, "GO MIKA! Are you a big fan? I love him!" and all that nad he said if I stick around, I could hear Lollipop, since they play it there. Of course, I didn't though because I had to get to the gig.

So we got to the secret gig by 11:30, and Kjoshi was nice enough to let me stand with her. We FROZE in the rain, no overhang or anything. It was at this really random venue in the Meatpacking district.

Ray asked us not to take pictures, and I'm glad we weren't allowed to, actually. It was the most beautiful musical experience I've ever had. Nobody was worried about anything. Everyone wanted to be there. There was no pushing or anything. It was total respect. He respected us, and I was very glad to return the favor and not take pictures. There was this one girl who kept asking Mika to get naked, which was annoying and I felt bad for Mika because here he is, trying to do something extra, exta nice and out of his way for us with his music and she just like, blew that off. He was asking Mikey and Martin (Just them, acoustic) what they wanted to do. GET NAKED! :-/ Whatever, the show was sooo far beyond that.

We were a few feet from the stage (Like, 3). Me and Kjoshi begged Mika to do Over My Shoulder, but he didn't end up doing it but that's not relevant. The feeling in the room was so gracious and genuine, in the truthiest forms of those words. It was a talky-songy, very intimate fest. I can't even describe how lucky I feel to witness it, it was a great, great feeling. As a music fan, I was totally, totally taken. I'm on cloud nine, and slightly delusional. I don't know if saying it was surreal would be right. I just feel so passionate about this amazing experience, it's hard to describe. I think it's a combination of so elated and tired that I can't believed it happened. It seems so out of this world, and re-confirmed to me in a first hand experience that Mika is super, super special. I just feel so much right now! I don't even think my report is doing my emtions justice. I'm being super general for you guys, but I'm still trying to process all the amazing moments.

We heard a new song, "Century Man." Shared the the SITM lyric, "Lookin' at life from the perspective of a boy." I bet it will be on the EP hopefully. It's mostly full voice, reminds me of Elton John, a bit, but of course, it's Mika's originality. I really liked it, and it was really special for us. :-)

*Falling in the mud, losing my Mika rosette (it was torn by the rain), bleeding my heels out from my sneakers walking on the way home- All of it is so, so, so completely insignificant. Any other day, even a good day, those this would have brought me down. But this SO beyond that, these things are far past rolled off my shoulders.They're not even as important as if like... I lost a penny or something. Even way less important than that. It's not even significat that those things happened.

I didn't get many pics, my mom has a few more on her disposable. I'll post what I have soon.

Thank you for the wonderful report! I know how hard it is to describe such powerful emotions. But you did it very well :wink2:

soon-to-be. I didn;t realize that was you!!! We talked quite a bit. I was the girl with the pink ribbons and Lollipop stuff and such. :-PPP You're awesome.

That was you??

Yay! I thought i hadn't met any MCF members today.:biggrin2:

(p.s: you are awesomer:mf_rosetinted: )

EDIT: I really like your report. It's so detailed.

I hope someone posts "Mercury Man" on youtube. I'm dying here... just imagining how great it is is killing me...

Ack I am so jealous of all of you who got to go to the intimate surprise performance. Remind me again why I don't live in New York?

I just hope that doesn't come back to bite him in the a**, what with the cancelling of Quebec. Cancelling on a charity can't be particularly good publicity.

But he was amazing on GMA! Maybe, oh, two or three million people in the US will go out and buy LICM now...:thumb_yello:

OH! I have to say tihs. I forgot. Each time Mika comes to NY, he gets bigger and bigger. His recent US appearances REALLY showed up. here. He had a ton of people there for him, insane really. I didn't think there would be this many to come out of their own valition. At Nokia, it was a lot of people on dates who hardly knew Mika but this was different. His US success is becoming really great. I kep thinking all day that Mika must be really happy about the turnout. It's just so crazy to see the communtiy grow and grow. The MFC was like, 5-10 strong at Nokia, and 60 strong here. That's so quick.

A lot of people went through a lot of trouble today, and didn't even mind because it was for him. He made a lot of people very happy, and I think we as a group made him happy.

It was a really nice feeling to see all this.

Oh, and I was thinknig about this on the train, too! Important. VIP made all of this possible for me. Seriously, I am so, so, so, so appreciative of Freddie, Sivan, Caz, Dean and everyone who made it possible. This is a day and feeling I will never, ever, ever, ever forget and an extremely special thing to me in its entirety. I hold this day close to me, I really do. I will value it forever and it would never have happened without you guys.

God report on the secreat gig...

Here is some of what I experienced!

IT WAS AMAZING..i was right up front, there was nothing between the crowd and the stage. He came out with his guitarrist and his base player (the drummer wasn't there cos it was all acustic). It rained the whole day, so to be funny they all came out with umbrellas haha, it was cute.

I don't remember the exact order of the songs, except for the first and last one, but here is what he performed:

Grace Kelly

My Interpretation

Everybody is TAlking

Stuck In The Middle

Holly Johnny

Billy Brown

Century Man

Love Today

Before he left the stage he went touching everybody's hamds, and he actually shook my hand!!! It was so cool, lol!

There were many funny moments, and it was awesome how there was no set list and they just did what they felt like doing!!!

The concert was tapped by them, so I wonder if it will ever be released anywhere! Id love that, it would be awesome!

I was just shocked with how much he cared for his fans today! Throwing a last minute gig was amazing! He performed 8 songs, when all he would've performed at GMA was 3. He has no obligation to do anything, it wasn't his fault it rained! ...So thank you Mika for caring for your fans! You Go Boy! I Love You!

God report on the secreat gig...

Here is some of what I experienced!

IT WAS AMAZING..i was right up front, there was nothing between the crowd and the stage. He came out with his guitarrist and his base player (the drummer wasn't there cos it was all acustic). It rained the whole day, so to be funny they all came out with umbrellas haha, it was cute.

I don't remember the exact order of the songs, except for the first and last one, but here is what he performed:

Grace Kelly

My Interpretation

Everybody is TAlking

Stuck In The Middle

Holly Johnny

Billy Brown

Century Man

Love Today

Before he left the stage he went touching everybody's hamds, and he actually shook my hand!!! It was so cool, lol!

There were many funny moments, and it was awesome how there was no set list and they just did what they felt like doing!!!

The concert was tapped by them, so I wonder if it will ever be released anywhere! Id love that, it would be awesome!

I was just shocked with how much he cared for his fans today! Throwing a last minute gig was amazing! He performed 8 songs, when all he would've performed at GMA was 3. He has no obligation to do anything, it wasn't his fault it rained! ...So thank you Mika for caring for your fans! You Go Boy! I Love You!

:biggrin2: :biggrin2:

That what we wanted to hear

I'm speechless.

I don't care if I STILL can't feel my toes and nearly froze to death.

The special/secret whatever you want to call it gig, was so so special.

Nothing was planned, Mika, Martin and Mikey came out on stage, " so..what the hell are we gunna do?...i really dont give a ****!" with a notebook and pen and talking telling stories to the audience. The new song Century Man he played, he said that they had just learned upstairs before the show, but it was AMAZING, I cannot wait for you all to hear it. I cannot believe Mika went out of his way to do this, Inside GMA, I guess the set had to be quite, because sam champio was talking or something so he goes onto stage and starts writting for about a minute, then holds up the piece of paper, the first one said " soo....this weather sucks " held it to every part of the audience and every window, there were i think 4 things he wrote, but i dont remember them all, but in the end, he was telling us about the special gig he was doing for us. At the end, he told us to check the website and that it would most likely be at the highline ballroom, at 1 oclock. He signed for everyone, took pictures with people, he took my and erinsinterpretation scrapbook of picture captions we made him, the first one was a picture of him and the caption was borat, he looks at me and goes BORAT?!?!?! and he said thank you and told us he would look threw it later since he stil had a lot more people to get to.

Okay, so this is totally out of order and confusing, but thats kinda how the day was. So, after waiting 2hours online for the secret gig, we finally get in,and after about a halfhour inside, they come on, it was great, when they walked out they all had umbrellas and they opened them over the audience, since we were all dreeeeeeenched. It was really funny.

That's my summary.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

Oh, and I was thinknig about this on the train, too! Important. VIP made all of this possible for me. Seriously, I am so, so, so, so appreciative of Freddie, Sivan, Caz, Dean and everyone who made it possible. This is a day and feeling I will never, ever, ever, ever forget and an extremely special thing to me in its entirety. I hold this day close to me, I really do. I will value it forever and it would never have happened without you guys.

I couldn't have said it better.

OH! I have to say tihs. I forgot. Each time Mika comes to NY, he gets bigger and bigger. His recent US appearances REALLY showed up. here. He had a ton of people there for him, insane really. I didn't think there would be this many to come out of their own valition. At Nokia, it was a lot of people on dates who hardly knew Mika but this was different. His US success is becoming really great. I kep thinking all day that Mika must be really happy about the turnout. It's just so crazy to see the communtiy grow and grow. The MFC was like, 5-10 strong at Nokia, and 60 strong here. That's so quick.

A lot of people went through a lot of trouble today, and didn't even mind because it was for him. He made a lot of people very happy, and I think we as a group made him happy.

It was a really nice feeling to see all this.

Yup. My thoughts exactly. He's getting bigger and bigger. Did you hear when Sam said he loved all the videos so far? I was so proud at that moment. (don't ask me why)

I haven't slept in about 22 hours and i'm not even tired! (well, i did sleep on the bus:naughty: )

I couldn't sleep the night before 'cause i couldn't turn my brain off.

I kept imagining how the concert might be and it was absolutely PERFECT.

On the way home i was listening to LICM and staring at my signed booklet and the guy next to me noticed and recognized Mika's songs! He wanted to know how the CD was and i went on and on.....(i think he was starting to feel sorry he asked:naughty: )

AND he had "Relax, Take it easy" on his ipod.

So yes, Mika is taking over the world and i couldn't be happier!

last night when the location was changed i thought things were going to go badly but it looks like it was one of his best gigs ever i'm SOOO happy that all of you had a great time:biggrin2: :thumb_yello: .. and i'm also a bit jealous

ok i lied i'm jealous A LOT!!! :bleh:

The rain was truly, truly a blessing. I'm not usually like this, but I'm all in touch with my emotions right now! XD

OH and BojourMika, I'm sooooooo sorry you didn't get my text about the location change. Verizon has been messing up my text messaging the past couple of days and I am very sorry. Kjoshi said you got in okay, though

I really love your reports , Im cannot believe how wel it went , Im really happy for you all :biggrin2:

I seriously wish I could give you a HUGE hug right now.

The rain was truly, truly a blessing. I'm not usually like this, but I'm all in touch with my emotions right now! XD

OH and BojourMika, I'm sooooooo sorry you didn't get my text about the location change. Verizon has been messing up my text messaging the past couple of days and I am very sorry. Kjoshi said you got in okay, though

I seriously wish I could give you a HUGE hug right now.

Yeh I need a hug!

Im just so pleased it came off well , I will read it all in more detail later , looks like it went amazing , the secret gig was sooo last minute!!!! :shocked:

Did you all get a t shirt?