GMA Free Outdoor Mika Concert - Bryant Park, New York City

Yoppappop

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:roftl: me too...u should have seen me..i was so in shock lol..i was liek no that can't be all...after waiting for 2 and a half hours...i almost had a heart/panic attack.

is it just me or when they talked about his site and he said mikasounds.com..my heart sank a little...in my head i was shouting MFC!! oh well.

yeah! i was like IDIOTS! i thought they will play only 20 seconds! glad they put it all later!

Um... I have no idea about this show but.... he just performed one song and it was such a hype? ...Thought they'd play a whole set :blink:

Edit: oops, two songs - LOL

They are posting Lollipop on the GMA site later. So a total of 3 songs.

:roftl: me too...u should have seen me..i was so in shock lol..i was liek no that can't be all...after waiting for 2 and a half hours...i almost had a heart/panic attack.

is it just me or when they talked about his site and he said mikasounds.com..my heart sank a little...in my head i was shouting MFC!! oh well.

ahahaha!!! same here with the site speech :naughty: stupid me :doh:

This is actually Mika_Obessed's Mom.

well it all worked out. Arrived at 5:20am, stood in line (about 46ish) then the GMA rep (Sara) I believe made the WONDERFUL announcement that VIP letters will be accepted.

As time went by the VIP's were lined up and ID's checked.

One by one the band starting in for sound checks.

We finally got in just before 8am.

Mika was concerned for the lot outside getting wet, so he started writing signs to them. So, the weather sucks. was on of them.

Then he wrote "We are working on it"

Later was, within the hour, that he would give an acoustic show later in the day.

Mika really worked the room not only whilst performing but during the waiting bits. We were tucked in near Cherriece (?) He came over to sign stuff.

He gave one of my daughters a highfive and the other daughter he signed her Mika sign. I asked about his home schooling experience and he said he did it about a year then went back. I told him that we home school and he said home schooling was great.

I wish we would have stuck it out and gone to the other free gig, but we were pretty beat up after waking up at 3:30am (I personnaly on had two hours sleep)

I wonder if I could write some questions for him and him mom about home schooling and what she had to do to get him out for that year. Anyone know how I could get about doing that?

He is even more endearing (if that is possible) in person. And he really is 6'2"

I was a little worried that the height was fudged, but they might do that more in Hollywood than in the music world.

The girls and I are having Mika withdrawl

Little surprised at myself frankly, but that is the power MIKA

HUGE KODUS to the Admin. for being quick and accurate not to mention helpful and accommodating.

Ok, my busy Mika day actually started last night, when I went to my friend Becca's house with 5 of our friends (including Lovetoday and ThatPinkSock) to "sleep over" before taking a 4:02 AM train to Manhattan. We each got about 2 hours of sleep. It was pretty insane.

We arrived at the GMA studios in Times Square at 4:50 or so this morning. There were already about 30 people in line. Luckily, an intern soon came out and separated the VIP people from the regular line. Thanks so much to the people here for the VIP access. My group of 7 girls was on the list, and we brought 2 other girls we met in line as "guests." Our names were checked off a list, and it was very well organized and orchestrated. Finally, we were told that all VIPs were getting in, but everyone else probably would not. We were supposed to go in at 6:30, but that didn't happen, and then 6:45, but that didn't happen, and then 7:00, but that didn't happen, and then 7:15...and we actually started to go in. The wait wasn't too horrible because there was scaffolding up that protected us from the rain.

We entered the studio and were ushered to the far side of the stage. We actually had a great spot to stand, and I have a perfect view of the stage. Unfortunately, they kept cramming in more people and telling us to move further into the corner (we didn't listen!).

A bunch of news stuff took place, and then around 8, Mika came out and schmoozed with the crowd a bit. He wrote out signs that said something like, "The weather sucks." "We're having a free acoustic gig to make it up to you." "We don't have a location yet, but we'll let you know." The crowd was VERY pleased with this, especially us inside the studio (as opposed to those stuck staring through the big windows).

Mika did promos between commercials of Love Today. He later sang Love Today, Big Girl, and Lollipop.

Between songs, he came over to both sides of the studio where the fans were lined, and chatted and signed autographs. He recognized my friend Julie and said to her, "I remember you from outside that other show...I recognize all of you" (he was referring to my group of friends). He also read my poster and smiled at me and gave me a thumbs up for it and later signed it. :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello: He was seriously nice...chatted about everything and smiled and laughed.

The crowd had an amazing time, as everyone was jumping and singing and dancing. It rocked. Right after the filming ended, Mika made an announcement that the free show would be 1 pm at some random theater, though it was not definite. He was really sweet bc he kept trying to get the people waiting outside to hear what he was saying. We couldn't get on a computer since we weren't at home, so Rachel (ThatPinkSock) gave her mobile phone number to Owen, who is a sound engineer or something (we kept saying he's one of "Mika's people").

We then walked Jen (lovetoday) back to the train station so she could go to work, and then we went out to breakfast. Half-way through eating, Owen text-messaged Rachel and gave us details. We rushed over to the theater which was all the way in Chelsea.

We had to wait in the rain for about 2 hours (but we were 3rd in line so it was worth it!). It was so cold, and I wasn't dressed correctly for it. I was drenched to the bone and shivering.

But once we got inside...oh man was it worth it! First of all, it was FREE, which is amazing. But more importantly, not too many people braved the rain to come, so the venue was SO intimate. I'm horrible with approximations, but I'd say there weren't more than 350 people there.

Mika had a great time. He was joking around with Martin and the audience, and told us he had no idea what he was doing (since it was unplanned), but that he "didn't give a sh.t." He was laughing quite a bit. Oh, and we was wearing a white shirt with a white tie, and jeans with sparkley stuff on the sides. He looked dammm good.

He sang (I'm probably going to get this wrong, and the order isn't right) the following: Grace Kelly, My Interpretation, Everybody's Talkin' at Me (cover), Love Today, Stuck in the Middle, Holy Johnny, and a new song called Century Man (which happened to be very good).

My feet hurt lots after all this, but it was worth it, of course.

Overall, it was an amazing, CHEAP day. I expected to see 3 songs from a long distance away, and I got TWO shows, chats with Mika, and the best show I've ever seen Mika do (and I've seen him 5 times counting today...).:bleh:

So yea, that's the report.