• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no problem :biggrin2:

Happy to be of service :blush-anim-cl:

i had to pick the best out of 176 photos LOL

When you're done uploading all your pics, could you post the sharing URL from your photobucket account?

When you're done uploading all your pics, could you post the sharing URL from your photobucket account?

i will post the link to my flickr account when i have them all uploaded on to there i just use photbucket as a quickie thing...then i will give the link to sivan for her album

i will post the link to my flickr account when i have them all uploaded on to there i just use photbucket as a quickie thing...then i will give the link to sivan for her album

Oh ok thanks! And good photography skills! I should go to bed now seeing as it is 5am....time flies when you're loving MFC. Goodnight!

can i just say it is impossible to get mika on camera he just move sooo fast!!! and everytime he came over to my side of the stage and leaned over towards me i was just like OMG OMG and froze and tried to lean intowards him forgetting about my camera :roftl: :roftl:

I'm still high from last night.. and so tired :( my mum MADE me go to school today!! grrr.. who wants to go to school a day after you've had the best night of your life? silly woman :thumbdown:

so none of that sweet talk worked?? :naughty:

OMG im still buzzing from last night, had to call in sick for work again though, feels like ive got a massive hangover!! but it was sooooo worth it!!! :biggrin2:

oh and a quick note before i go to work.....who gave mika the monkey at Boston i think it was....or in the usa tour anyway??

Because lollipop girl came over to me and sara and told us about this monkey they had picked up in america and it was in the van and when they got back all the lollipops had gone so they think it was the monkey ...it was awful :roftl: :roftl:

i love lollipop girl :roftl:

Awwww, they've come out brilliantly Bexx! Well Done!:biggrin2:

Ha ha ha ha, lollipop girl asked me if my sheep bag had a name.....i said no, and she said we should name him. I said that i suppose i could call him Humphrey. She said that's a great name!!!

oh and a quick note before i go to work.....who gave mika the monkey at Boston i think it was....or in the usa tour anyway??

Because lollipop girl came over to me and sara and told us about this monkey they had picked up in america and it was in the van and when they got back all the lollipops had gone so they think it was the monkey ...it was awful :roftl: :roftl:

omg, that's so funny!!! wasn't it Tootch?

more pics here: http://www.itunesfestival.com/july-1st-mika-leon-jean-marie/

i'm sure it is chew chew hoochatootch gave him in washigton!

and it was on stage in atlanta too!

look!

http://lpe.accessatlanta.com/gallery/view/music/concerts/0607/0617mika/

pic no. 6

post-1980-142983664955_thumb.jpg

post-1980-142983664958_thumb.jpg

post-1980-142983664962_thumb.jpg

Martin does even look gorgeous with a bag over his head... :wub2:

:naughty:

Thanks for sharing these fabulous pics with us Bexx! They are awesome! And you were so close to the stage again, excellent! :thumb_yello:

Yes, and i must say how very nice it was last night when he shook his stuff in front of my face!! LOL!!:naughty:

I reached out but couldn't quite touch him......he kept coming over too.....ooh, he's such a tease!! :naughty:

Well….where do I start…?? After going to the pub for a couple of drinks to calm my butterflies, Andy (my BF) & I got to the ICA about 4:30, as I wanted to make sure I got Carri & Babs’ tickets before Capital arrived. We were told that tickets would not be available for collection until 5.30, so a fair bit of hanging around….I tend to be a bit of a worrier and I was so sure something was going to go wrong, so this was quite a stressful hour!!!

About 5:15, in walked the lovely Mika with security. It was very fleeting and, I must admit his hair was a bit of a mess. I told Andy that I hope he tidies himself up…but he looked lovely as ever….he had a lovely brown beaded necklace on….

Carri arrived about 5:30 and I got her ticket sorted out. They were giving out wristbands, not tickets, so she got hers. I had to leave Babs’ details at the box office in case I wasn’t around when she got there, but she arrived in good time and everyone was happy…..except for me…

As I was doing a report as Capital Radio’s Culture Vulture, I was expecting to meet the producer at 6:00 and by half past, I had heard nothing. Then I got a message from her – she’s on her way *phew*. She got there about 6:45ish (TBH timings are all a bit of a blur). Off she went (Laila – really lovely!!) to find out what the plan was for the meet and greet….After about 10 minutes, she hadn’t come back. She was still at the reception/box office and they didn’t have my name down…..I very nearly burst in to tears on the spot! After a few calls and about 15 very stressful minutes, it got sorted and we got our wristbands. We did an interview for the radio – again, it’s all a blur, but hopefully it will be OK…..? Then it was time for bombshell number 2 – on our way in we were told that no meet & greets had been confirmed/agreed….:-( Laila spoke to a few people and we were told to go and wait in the bar and someone would come and find us. After about 20 minutes, Ben (?) from Itunes came over and told us that if we meet him 15 minutes after the show, he would take us to meet Mika. No other interviews or meets were taking place – only me!! I wanted to kiss him, but Andy was there, so I didn’t….

Throughout this time, Carri was in and out back and forwards like a nutter trying to reassure me that everything would be OK!

Carri & Babs saved me a great spot – right in front of Martin J. We were in prime position with glowing hearts, feather boas and magic wands at the ready!! Andy very generously stood at the side, as he thought it unfair for people to stand behind him at 6’4â€!!

And then came Dolly Parton’s 9-5 booming through the speakers and it was time to party!!!

He started with Relax. He had a tight white t-shirt, blue trousers and yellow braces. And, yes, he had sorted out his hair! He went through his usual set, everyone was singing along and having a smashing time. Sweet Dreams was super. At one point Mika told everyone to stay away from Martin as he’s got cooties – he then put a brown bag over his head. We told Martin we still love him! Babs and I ballroom danced to Billy Brown – I think he appreciated that, especially in the confined space we had! There were no big girls on stage – but I can understand why – it was quite cramped as it was!

The teddy bear’s picnic took place! The famous chicken outfit was out…When he was lying on the floor, I threw my flashing heart and it landed on his tummy and then fell off. When he got up, he picked it up, held on to it tightly and put it on…..:-) I made a mental note to tell him off for stealing my heart…..Then it was the Lollipop finale with big balloons and bubbles. Carri, Babs & I managed to steal a balloon each – I got some very odd looks on the way home!!

Then we hung around outside to wait for the meet & greet….had a quick chat with Cherrisse (Carri tried to blag more people being allowed in…) and then off we went! There was me, Andy, Laila and Laila’s friend and we waited outside the green room. Then out he came!! The conversation is a bit of a blur….Mika came out and said hello culture vultures! I said hello back and tried to compose myself!

All the exact details are foggy, but I told him that he had my heart and that it was his to keep…he smiled…

.I told him the MFC Oldlings all send lots of love and he sends his back! I warned him about us all meeting in Glasgow and he thought that was great. I asked him if his ear was better as we all worry about him – he said something about not being able to fly. I said I would see him at Somerset House and look forward to seeing what tricks he has up his sleeve! He said it will be great!! He did a line or two for Capital. I then had a picture taken with my two favourite boys, I told him I was sorry for being all sweaty and he said he was too…. Unfortunately, it hasn’t come out….:-( But he had his arm around my bare shoulder!! I’m really disappointed about the picture, but keep telling myself that I was lucky enough to meet him, which is more than most people get the chance to do and I’ll always have my memories. I said thanks for everything and we said our goodbyes.

For Blue – I looked at his pocket and guess what was hanging out for all to see…

I had loads of questions to ask him….had he read our messages yet? How can we get the MFC made official? What did he think of performing at Glastonbury? Will he be doing a Big Girl signing? How is his ear infection? (I got that one in!) Is there any way his art exhibition could open on the 11th not the 12th? I knew that we didn’t have long and I have to say my mind went blank…. I’m really sorry, your intrepid reporter failed…

I then did another piece for the radio and babbled something that I hope they can edit together to make sense. Laila said she had really enjoyed doing this Culture vulture and was really impressed with everyone she met and their commitment to the cause!! We then hung around in the bar for a while and had a pic taken with Luke. Carri left and then Andy & I left about 5 minutes later after saying our goodbyes to the other MFCers.

Then I got a text from Carri saying he was leaving, so I sprinted back, but he had gone. A couple of people saw him and had a chat, so they went home smiling!

And that was that. A very tired and sweaty me finally made it home about 12:15.

I have a big case of Mikapression today…..There was such a build up to everything and I was on such a high, that today I feel totally drained, exhausted, tearful, vacant and empty. I’m hoping I feel better tomorrow once I’m over my Mika hangover!

I’m waiting to hear how it sounds on the radio…

Fantastic!!!! It was great to meet you last night. :thumb_yello:

I too had an interview with Layla. She's really nice isn't she. Well Done on winning those tickets and for all the bonus bits that you experienced last night! You lucky girl!! :biggrin2::thumb_yello:

xxx