Mika @ London Coca-Cola Secret Gig : I-Tunes Festival at ICA, London

Yoppappop

:)

I'm so glad that you guys had a lot of fun!!

And glad to hear that they're getting a couple days off!

Jack's right...it does seem it's getting harder and harder to see him after gigs...

But still I'm glad you guys had lots of fun!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin2:

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a fabulous report, Bexx and babs -- can't wait for the photos! :)

Ribena, eh? Would you be surprised if I told you that the first time i bought Ribena I didn't realize it was a concentrate and drank it straight? :bleh:

I've learned to love it since...

Anyhow... so happy to hear you had a nice time --Martin sounds so sweet, perhaps I'll get to meet him next time they're here in DC...

dcdeb

Great reports, guys! Fantastic.

Looks like Mika's getting to be harder and harder to catch after shows, even at "intimate gigs"... guess we're lucky that so many of us had our chance on this last tour... In the course of a year we've gone from fans being able to chat with him for hours if they followed him to a bar after the show, to being lucky if they get a quick photo and autograph in before he leaves. Well, I guess that's reality. :wink2:

--Jack

Unless your name is Yop and you have the hair and the sugar cane field ancestors....:biggrin2:

Thank you everybody for your reports - running the risk of coming out as a honorable noob I have to ask however: What the **** are the cooties. I've found a translation but it is more than questionable, saying it was some sort of imaginary illness...?

Unless your name is Yop and you have the hair and the sugar cane field ancestors....:biggrin2:

Thank you everybody for your reports - running the risk of coming out as a honorable noob I have to ask however: What the **** are the cooties. I've found a translation but it is more than questionable, saying it was some sort of imaginary illness...?

cooties:

Well when I was in school cooties was referred to something bad that you could catch...but it wasn't real...like it never existed...You'd always here girls say boys had cooties and vice versa.

I hope that helped!

Anyone with a better explanation is more than welcome though. lol

you will all have to wait abit for the photos because i have just woken up at babs house...i feel sooooo tired after two hours sleep and now i have a 3hour journey back home before i start work at 2pm :boxed:

arghhhh im dying LOL

but some of my pictures are great!!!

i must be frank.

i'm as green as shrek...too envious!:biggrin2:

hey girls...remember you are the luckiest ppl all over MFC world!

those intimate gigs are far the best ones to be at!:punk:

.....and only the uk is offering this opportunity!

all this is said without any bad intention, mind you!:wink2: i'm so happy ppl from this forum have this familiar attitude towards the band and also with mika (even if Jack is right, i'm afraid...not so easy to chat with him from now on....) because they open the way to all of us!

badges and flashing hearts up, MRCers, all over the world!:punk:

thanks for your fab reports....i'm sure we all will enjoy it with your pics, videos, audios!!! great fans, thanks! :wub2: :wub2:

wow i actually couldnt sleep this mornign cos i was too excited about hearing what happened!

THANKS FOR THE REPORTS! its just brought back all the memories from manchester! (like i could for get them anyway!!)

i really cant wait for the pics! and poor martin having cooties.. MARTIN, DONT GIVE THEM TO MIKA!!

I am a bit concerned as to why martin didnt mention where the cat was.... ie me!! i shall be having stern words..

and i wish mika wasnt going up in the world, and i wish he wasnt always in a rush, so one day i could have the chance to meet him!

how many people did the venue hold then?!

once again i am like this right now: :roftl: :roftl: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

xxxx

I'm still high from last night.. and so tired :( my mum MADE me go to school today!! grrr.. who wants to go to school a day after you've had the best night of your life? silly woman :thumbdown:

oh you're so lucky!! you always have the best time at Mika's gigs, i'm so happy for you all! and thanx for reporting us everything in full details, i appreciate so much!:biggrin2:

Martin was very chatty as usual as he had been a few days previous at the TBA concert.

He asked us if we had got home ok after the concert and and he remembered us from the Manchester event.

He told us about his cooties and about how he should grow a beard and be like zz top.

Martin aslo told us about how mika love his ribena and he told us the best hotel to stay in at london and we told him we would all be staying at a hostel in picadilly for somerset house and then we told him about the massive mfc meet up happening at the glasgow concert in November and how people are coming from all over the world to see them ...so we invited them to our after show party at the travel lodeg...and martin replyed he had been to partys in worse places that that!!!

he HAS TO join us!!:biggrin2: Bex how was his reaction to this?

So Ribena it is... :naughty:

I wish I lived in the UK... :mf_rosetinted:

You guys there are so lucky, I totally agree with Robertinas words! :thumb_yello:

Thanks for your awesome reports! :thumb_yello:

And I would love to be so close to Martin - cooties or no cooties, I don't mind at all, he sounds like a lovely person anyway!

I'm still high from last night.. and so tired :( my mum MADE me go to school today!! grrr.. who wants to go to school a day after you've had the best night of your life? silly woman :thumbdown:

oh no...bad school:thumbdown:

It was a fantastic gig!!! :biggrin2:

I was really late in getting there because there was an accident and driving around central London was a nightmare!!! Was all good though and it was sooooo fantastic that i got there, and as Bab said, it all worked out well in the end. :thumb_yello:

I would also like to say: THANK YOU LAUREN!!!!!! You are an absolute sweetheart and i really appreciate what you did for me and Bexxy yesterday. Without your kindness i would not have been at that gig!!!!!!!! Thank you babe!xxx :biggrin2:

Also, thank you Bab for waiting for me as long as you could yesterday!!!! I really appreciate it - bummer about that friggin' accident that delayed me a few hours!!!!!! Thanks for holding on though and waiting as long as you could.:thumb_yello:

Wow! Sounds like it all worked out in the end...its amazing all the trouble everyone has gone to, to get to see Mika perform...now thats what I call dedication!!

Aaahh, you are SOOOO LUCKY!!! I'm happy for you guys, but on the other hand I confess that I terribly envy you and I want to cry a bit that I wasn't there. :shocked: Can't wait to see the photos and videos. And could you tell me more please about the MEETING OF MFC MEMBERS IN NOVEMBER? I didn't know about that but it sounds soooo tempting!:wink2:

It was a fantastic gig!!! :biggrin2:

I was really late in getting there because there was an accident and driving around central London was a nightmare!!! Was all good though and it was sooooo fantastic that i got there, and as Bab said, it all worked out well in the end. :thumb_yello:

I would also like to say: THANK YOU LAUREN!!!!!! You are an absolute sweetheart and i really appreciate what you did for me and Bexxy yesterday. Without your kindness i would not have been at that gig!!!!!!!! Thank you babe!xxx :biggrin2:

Also, thank you Bab for waiting for me as long as you could yesterday!!!! I really appreciate it - bummer about that friggin' accident that delayed me a few hours!!!!!! Thanks for holding on though and waiting as long as you could.:thumb_yello:

Ohh yes Lauren i love you for eternity now im soo osorry i couldnt get an autograph off mika for you i was half way up the mall when he came out of the doors and i was heading towards the band going to talk to them i was gutted afterwards though but you win some you lose some :biggrin2:

and as for martins reaction to the glasgow after party he laughed and said he had been to worse after partys before :roftl:

im feeling soo sick now after my journey back home and i have just been hit by a whopping vets bill of over £200 ...theres nothing like a bill to bring you back to reality!!!!

im feeling pretty queezy and im meant to be at work in just over an hour....plus i was off from work sick...meant to be and i have a bloody ica stamp on my hand that wont rub off :boxed:

but because im sooo lovely to you guys im going to try and quickly upload one or two of my best pictures...i think i will need sous assistance to upload the audio thoug 50mins the entire concert ....which is AWESOME!!!

ha ha sounds like you had an excellent time - but wheres all the pictures girls lol

how many times have you all met the band now.

Cant wait for Somerset house - glad im breaking my mika gig virginity with the MFC.

Oh and a youtubed you all last night due to boredom and found some very odd and amusing videos - but heck, do you sidney lot stalk or what! Yikes!

im feeling pretty queezy and im meant to be at work in just over an hour....plus i was off from work sick...meant to be and i have a bloody ica stamp on my hand that wont rub off :boxed:

but because im sooo lovely to you guys im going to try and quickly upload one or two of my best pictures...i think i will need sous assistance to upload the audio thoug 50mins the entire concert ....which is AWESOME!!!

YAY PICS!! i love how we all have to pull sickies to go to mika gigs! our bosses just dont appreciate how important it is for us do they!

Ohh yes Lauren i love you for eternity now im soo osorry i couldnt get an autograph off mika for you i was half way up the mall when he came out of the doors and i was heading towards the band going to talk to them i was gutted afterwards though but you win some you lose some :biggrin2:

and as for martins reaction to the glasgow after party he laughed and said he had been to worse after partys before :roftl:

im feeling soo sick now after my journey back home and i have just been hit by a whopping vets bill of over £200 ...theres nothing like a bill to bring you back to reality!!!!

Fantastic night by the sounds of it! Roll on Glasgow and the after show party! :naughty:

you audio-recorded the whole concert??:shocked: bex you're a genius!!!

I feel really crappy too Bexx. Got in at 2.20, sleep after 3, and up at 8.

Was starving - i never eat when i go to Mika gigs - no time!! :blink:

I feel like i've been out on a bender and got a mega hangover!!! Think it's the tiredness!!! I totally zoned out on the motorway last night!! Hate it when that happens. Do you ever get that, where you feel like your not here, but you are, and you have to like, smack yourself in the face and that to bring yourself round? Seriously - it scares me!!!:shocked: