Eir

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thinking about Mika.

Wondering if he is the person he keeps showing us.

I have watched that Hong Kong interview yesterday for the first time. He was talking about his approach towards work and about how much he keeps insisting that everything is to be done properly. Something like 'I don't want to make friends at work, I want the people to get things done..."

This is not entirely new to me, a while ago I already had a (good) conversation about that topic with AKim but seeing that new video brought it all back again.

He also said that he was the kind of person who can tell people right in their faces that they look awful and so on..

These words have been reverberating inside my head since I have heard them, for I can hardly believe that. He always appears so genuine in everything he does and all we get to see and hear of him is always so nice, it's close to transcendental.

It is almost like he was on a mission. Like a kind of postmodern Jesus, forgive me for the religious reference, but I really can't think of any image that could meet my impression better than this.

I mean there are hardly any people saying 'Oh, Mika, well, yes, he's ok.' No there are the fans with their hearts as open as can be and... well...people who don't like him. There's no way to get stuck in the middle.

He pushes himself so hard to his limits (and honestly I really do think it is not all his management's decision, but his own wish to do so), almost as if he thought he was running out of time.

And the things he does. He's dealing so gently with his fans. He knows exactly how to make each of them happy within just a few minutes all by intuition. Just to name a few examples, he made natie sign the shirt she made for him. How nice was that just to turn the tables and make her feel like she was the celebrity. And the girl that proposed to him and got his hawaiian necklace... LOL. And turning to Sunshine after having realized that she knows the lyrics by heart. His empathy is remarkable.

It is hard to believe that all his hearty thoughtful gestures could be just calculated ....nothing but a cleverly-devised strategy of an ingenious mind to pave the way to stardom.

Someone once mentioned in another thread that he seems to be all in once: The puppet and the puppet player.

What a brilliant metaphor. I couldn't get it out of my head until now.

Maybe from that point of view the lyrics of Grace Kelly get a new denotation.

Maybe it is not all about being angry at the music industry but more than that.

He demonstrates every day that he can be anything we like. Like 'Say what you want, I'll be it for you:

Nice, hot, giggly, thoughtful, modest, topless, serious, spontaneous, gay, not gay, post-gay, a singer, a painter, a teaser, a storyteller, a stripper, a little boy, an agony aunt, your Winnie the Pooh.'

Identity mad? Maybe. But all on purpose.

Oh well, I should really stop analyzing people in public. But on the other hand Mika is a public person and this forum is not the New York Times.

Forgive me for sharing my weird thoughts. Maybe they are just that: weird - well, that's what I am. :insane:

I leave you to your own thoughts about it now but not without the personal conclusion I have drawn for myself out of this mad inside-of-my-head-discussion:

To me the awesomely amazing public Mika is real, first because I want it to be like that, second because noone can really act and pretend to be somebody else if their traits of character are actually totally different from the image to be drawn for the public ALL the time, and he is standing in the spotlight almost everyday...

And after all I still wish I had known him before.

(current state of identities: :mf_rosetinted::blush-anim-cl::argue:)

To me the awesomely amazing public Mika is real, first because I want it to be like that, second because noone can really act and pretend to be somebody else if their traits of character are actually totally different from the image to be drawn for the public ALL the time, and he is standing in the spotlight almost everyday...

And after all I still wish I had known him before.(current state of identities: :mf_rosetinted::blush-anim-cl::argue:)

I believe his public self is real, too. The way he deals with his fans kindly, how he handles all his interviews, his stage persona, I think they're all true facets of himself... But they're just that. Many facets of one person and everyone has a hidden heart that they show only to the closest people, if even that. I don't think that anyone ever gives themselves over as their complete and genuine self to the public. It's hard enough just to give your own creation, such as music you've written, to everyone's critisism.

I'm glad he keeps his life to himself not because of the I Don't Care movement or anything, but for the fact that it would be heartbreaking to see someone that bright and with his own mind get run down and maybe crushed by an astounding avalanche of idiots giving their half-baked say that pollute the opinion of people who could've gone and listened to the music and made up their own mind instead of listening to the bloggers and tabloids and who knows what else busily proclaiming to know the innerworking of his personal life.

Anyway (in a highly roundabout way) I think what I originally meant to get to was that to me, Mika is Mika and I really don't know that there's any other efficient way to describe him.

Thinking about Mika.

Wondering if he is the person he keeps showing us.

I have watched that Hong Kong interview yesterday for the first time. He was talking about his approach towards work and about how much he keeps insisting that everything is to be done properly. Something like 'I don't want to make friends at work, I want the people to get things done..."

This is not entirely new to me, a while ago I already had a (good) conversation about that topic with AKim but seeing that new video brought it all back again.

He also said that he was the kind of person who can tell people right in their faces that they look awful and so on..

These words have been reverberating inside my head since I have heard them, for I can hardly believe that. He always appears so genuine in everything he does and all we get to see and hear of him is always so nice, it's close to transcendental.

It is almost like he was on a mission. Like a kind of postmodern Jesus, forgive me for the religious reference, but I really can't think of any image that could meet my impression better than this.

I mean there are hardly any people saying 'Oh, Mika, well, yes, he's ok.' No there are the fans with their hearts as open as can be and... well...people who don't like him. There's no way to get stuck in the middle.

He pushes himself so hard to his limits (and honestly I really do think it is not all his management's decision, but his own wish to do so), almost as if he thought he was running out of time.

And the things he does. He's dealing so gently with his fans. He knows exactly how to make each of them happy within just a few minutes all by intuition. Just to name a few examples, he made natie sign the shirt she made for him. How nice was that just to turn the tables and make her feel like she was the celebrity. And the girl that proposed to him and got his hawaiian necklace... LOL. And turning to Sunshine after having realized that she knows the lyrics by heart. His empathy is remarkable.

It is hard to believe that all his hearty thoughtful gestures could be just calculated ....nothing but a cleverly-devised strategy of an ingenious mind to pave the way to stardom.

Someone once mentioned in another thread that he seems to be all in once: The puppet and the puppet player.

What a brilliant metaphor. I couldn't get it out of my head until now.

Maybe from that point of view the lyrics of Grace Kelly get a new denotation.

Maybe it is not all about being angry at the music industry but more than that.

He demonstrates every day that he can be anything we like. Like 'Say what you want, I'll be it for you:

Nice, hot, giggly, thoughtful, modest, topless, serious, spontaneous, gay, not gay, post-gay, a singer, a painter, a teaser, a storyteller, a stripper, a little boy, an agony aunt, your Winnie the Pooh.'

Identity mad? Maybe. But all on purpose.

Oh well, I should really stop analyzing people in public. But on the other hand Mika is a public person and this forum is not the New York Times.

Forgive me for sharing my weird thoughts. Maybe they are just that: weird - well, that's what I am.

I leave you to your own thoughts about it now but not without the personal conclusion I have drawn for myself out of this mad inside-of-my-head-discussion:

And after all I still wish I had known him before.

[/color][/i]

Violet I love every single post you write...:wink2:

And Liz too, I have to admit it

it's a pleasure to read both :wink2:

Anyway..........about this I have to say I often think to myself the same thing... can he be really this way? He seems too perfect!

I have met other famous people, even less than him, and they were not this way...

it's so hard to face all this situation... fans, gigs and so on

And he showed to be very determined..not only cheerful and kind

He stops when he makes a mistake playing the piano

he's a perfectionist

he wants the best from people who works with him

but I've also read Luke and Martin saying that he makes them feel a group, all at the same level

There's not a diva, even if we all know he's the boss

He manages to obtain the best GIVING THE BEST HIMSELF

No one wants to disappoint him, because he deserves to have the best

I mean...I think he's cheerful, kind, sweet, funny and always giggling, but he's very, very intelligent too!

I use to repeat I think he's a genius

I really think that because he can be everything HE wants to be

he's Freddie, he's Grace kelly, he's hot, he's childish, he's sweet, funny, generous, clever....always in the right moment

That makes Mika so perfect

I really admire him...he's an example to follow to my eyes :)

I swear my behaviour towards other people is very changed since I'm a fan of him...I'm more patient and kind :)

Or at least I hope so :naughty:

What kind of dream was it? A case for the angel's thread (referring to heaven) or more the perv-thread kind of thing?

Oh well...that was an angelic and odd dream LOL

I dunno how, but I found that Mika met me and I had to show him Milan..I was with my best friend, but she was kind and left us almost alone...

Me and Mika were first at the station and while we were waiting for the train he was so funny and sweet...I laughed so much and he had fun too

then we moved to the subway...it was as if whe had spent the day together and now he had to leave...

oh I TOUCHED HIS HAIR! LOL!!! It was because we had been to a theme park (as Eurodisney) and he had wet them, so they were not so curly and I said 'omg, they're not curly anymore!' they were just waved, as in many pics, and he seemed a bit embarassed and moved his hands in his hair in order to make it all messed up (he was so deliciously childish :) ) and then I said something funny and touched them....can you imagine the softest thing in the world?

They were this way

:blush-anim-cl: *runs for shame*

then I asked him to look in his eyes because they always seem of different colours in the pics and they were...DARK BLUE ahahah, omg...that was funny!

well, now I feel very stupid...I swear I was neither this way when I was 12!!!

D'oh!!!

Thank you, Eir, you know, when I post things like that I actually don't think much. It's just from heart to keyboard - LOL, but I think I said that before. I'm glad you like it and even more that you always understand :wink2:

I like your dream a lot, may I borrow it for tonight?

I'm not quite sure but I think I had Mika-dreams before. But stupid, usually I can't remember them properly in the morning. :thumbdown: Anyway it must have been nice ones because I always felt kind of comfy waking up :original:

Thank you, Eir, you know, when I post things like that I actually don't think much. It's just from heart to keyboard - LOL, but I think I said that before. I'm glad you like it and even more that you always understand

I like your dream a lot, may I borrow it for tonight?

I'm not quite sure but I think I had Mika-dreams before. But stupid, usually I can't remember them properly in the morning. Anyway it must have been nice ones because I always felt kind of comfy waking up :original:

oh for sure you can! :naughty:

I dreamt of him other times, but I didn't remember when I woke up...but this time it was too funny to forget it.......BLUE EYES! LOL :roll1:

It's so strange since I'm so proud of my (and his) brown eyes :doh::bleh:

Great idea for a thread

Sometimes I just wanna say something but have no where to say it, this must be the place

Yes, it is :original:

I really needed it! I always have so many thoughts in my head...like many tangled yarns...I need to make order to cope with them...and writing is the best way for me :)

and my thought of the hour is!

I wonder what Mika's favorite color is. Which also brings about the question, what's everyone else's favorite color? Mine is deep blue, but it's almost tied with red.

There were a couple of threads on this theme...one about Mika's and one about our fav colour...Mine is purple :wub2: (as you can see :naughty: )

I hope purple is Mika's fav colour too...I love his purple trousers!!!

I waited for almost an hour...but I wasn't in mfc yet and I didn't know he uses to meet fans after every gig...I thought he was like all those stars that run away after the show

And I had a friend of mine waiting in the car that was come just to bring me back at home (so nice of him...otherwise I would neither be able to see the gig!)

So I felt guilty and gave up

After 20minutes he came out! :crybaby:

Only 20minutes :no:

I waited for almost an hour...but I wasn't in mfc yet and I didn't know he uses to meet fans after every gig...I thought he was like all those stars that run away after the show

And I had a friend of mine waiting in the car that was come just to bring me back at home (so nice of him...otherwise I would neither be able to see the gig!)

So I felt guilty and gave up

After 20minutes he came out! :crybaby:

Only 20minutes :no:

oooohhh! dont be sad!! im sure there will always be another time you can meet him!! just be happy you actually got to see him perform =D

My thoughts right now is....

Im a very lucky girl... I have everything i could possibly need and more.

I got my friends,family, I got my health and there is always food on the table

I saw the program American Idol tonight (i usually don't watch it) and it was a program about giving back...and it touched me so much:tears:

The show really made me think about how I can complaine about stupid little things like oh i have to get to work or can't we have something a bit more interesting to eat when kids are starving around the world, (not just in africa but everywhere) and there is no clean water, only a little clothes to cover some bodyparts and no guarantee for an education.

I've seen some of those help programs before but it hit more this time, maybe because im starting to grow up:blink:

Sorry but I just felt like i had to write it down...just to say that im a very lucky girl and im glad to have you guys as friends:blush-anim-cl: :tears:

oooohhh! dont be sad!! im sure there will always be another time you can meet him!! just be happy you actually got to see him perform =D

You will get another chance, I'm sure of that. :thumb_yello: After all you are MIKA's Angel #1!!! There will be a way to meet him :original:

Oh thank you very much! you're so sweet..

I use to think that I was very lucky...I saw him...I mean!

It was a miracle, since all was so...incredible...I was crazy about him and seemed that nobody around me like or even know him

then I saw a poster about his concert in my uni... and I thought...omg that would be wonderful, but nobody will come with me and my parents won't let me go alone...then I found a friend who wanted to come with me! (I had converted her but I didn't know since she's very shy and reserved) and found also another friend just to bring us back to home (girls in the night in Milan....mmm not so good)

And all was so...wonderful! oh.........but, you know, when you come here and see all those pics and people telling about how cute and kind he is..... a bit of sadness touches my heart...

but I keep on hoping in the future :original:

My thoughts right now is....

Im a very lucky girl... I have everything i could possibly need and more.

I got my friends,family, I got my health and there is always food on the table

I saw the program American Idol tonight (i usually don't watch it) and it was a program about giving back...and it touched me so much:tears:

The show really made me think about how I can complaine about stupid little things like oh i have to get to work or can't we have something a bit more interesting to eat when kids are starving around the world, (not just in africa but everywhere) and there is no clean water, only a little clothes to cover some bodyparts and no guarantee for an education.

I've seen some of those help programs before but it hit more this time, maybe because im starting to grow up:blink:

Sorry but I just felt like i had to write it down...just to say that im a very lucky girl and im glad to have you guys as friends:blush-anim-cl: :tears:

Omg haylie you are so right!

I always cry as a child when I see something like that....

I swear that when I'm sad think to all the good things are in my life, in contrast to all the terrible stories I hear everyday on tv....

I have good friends, a good family, I love life...I have my music!!!

How could I be annoyed by smthing? but it happens...we're humans :wink2:

The important is to understand that we can't complain too much and to be able to put a limit to our bad moments :original:

:huglove:

Omg haylie you are si right!

I always cry as a child when I see something like that....

I swear that when I'm sad think to all the good things are in my life, in contrast to all the terrible stories I hear everyday on tv....

I have good friends, a good family, I love life...I have my music!!!

How could I be annoyed by smthing? but it happens...we're humans :wink2:

The important is to understand that we can't complain too much and to be able to put a limit to our bad moments :original:

But yeah you're right we are only humans...but it just hit me so hard tonight...i guess im just very emotional... but kids without parents trying to have a life and find a way to go to school and how to get some food....and then there's HIV/AIDS...it's just all these thoughts running around in my head... but im happy you únderstand

So my thought of the day is...

How do airlines calculate fare prices?

See, I'm clinically obsessed with Mika, and have become fixated on the idea of seeing him live before the year is over. When I heard he might be doing some dates in the Eastern US in September, I started pricing out the cost of flights.

Now apparently, it's cheaper for me to fly from Calgary, Canada to Miami, Florida or Atlanta, Georgia (in the United States) than it is to fly to Toronto or Montreal in Canada. That seems so strange to me!

In case anyone needs some brushing up on North American geography, here's a map:

http://www.blairstripsteel.com/map%20north%20america.jpg

I live basically at the "T" in "ALTA" on the top left corner. Toronto is on the right, above NY. Way south of that are FL (Florida) and GA (Georgia).

So why the heck is it cheaper to fly to Florida than Toronto? Airlines perplex me :roftl:

But yeah you're right we are only humans...but it just hit me so hard tonight...i guess im just very emotional... but kids without parents trying to have a life and find a way to go to school and how to get some food....and then there's HIV/AIDS...it's just all these thoughts running around in my head... but im happy you únderstand

I feel like that when I hear songs like Is This the World We've Created, by Queen. If you haven't heard that song, I really must insist.

... Freddie was the man...

i havent framed my mika pics yet, but im looking at all the posters up on my wall. its crazy!!! i have 14 keane posters,2 duran duran,6 depeche mode,1 mika,1 him, 3 of the rasmus, 4 scorpions+ autographs of:

keane-4

scorpions-1

modern talking-1

depeche mode-1

mika-3:bleh: im thinking that im spoiled!!!