...thoughts...

Eir

I want to post my thoughts but you may find them disturbing because I'm highly emotionally unstable and kind of dark but I will post one and someone tell me if they are ok or not for here, ok?

thought: I'm really kinda depressed and feel like injuring myself cause life sucks. As you can tell I am not the happiest person but that's a look inside my head.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want to post my thoughts but you may find them disturbing because I'm highly emotionally unstable and kind of dark but I will post one and someone tell me if they are ok or not for here, ok?

thought: I'm really kinda depressed and feel like injuring myself cause life sucks. As you can tell I am not the happiest person but that's a look inside my head.

Sometimes I have the feeling that my life is a nightmare too.

Knowing that eventually things will change helps a lot.

I'm sorry your life sucks, sweetie. Go ahead and post your thoughts - we're all ears!

*hug* Life is **** sometimes, but you have to try real hard to focus on the silver lining...and, you have us on here to listen!

I had 8 years of suffering...I don't know why your life is such a nihtmare, but I can only say that things CAN change....it's not sure and you need to be strong and to react

I was 1mm from the bottom, maybe I slightly touched it, but then I was brave enought to change my life

Often it's a question of will (I'm talking about depression) but I don't know your situation and the reason of your troubles :(

But we're here and I'll be glad to listen to you :original:

I had a very depressive and dark period a couple of years ago myself. Nothing anybody said or did could help, bad enough it seemed as I was falling deeper down that big black hole with every second. I even couldn't explain it to myself because there was no objective reason for me being so sad and desperate. But I think that is the definition of depression as I know it ... Anyway what I want to say is that it is very hard to give advice to somebody who suffers from depression. In the end of the day it is only you who can help yourself out of this. Only you know what you need to get out there. Maybe you don't know yet how, but you will find out. You just should know that you are not alone, we're here to lend a hand. Grab it whenever you feel like doing so.

I really have to agree with Violet Sky. It is hard to give advice about depression... Everyone's situation is unique, but, I think a lot of us have been there in our own way- myself included- and like Eir, Lollipop Monkey, and Violet said, we're still here for you and are willing to listen, which I found through experience is a very important thing... Having someone who will listen to you even though you're having a rough time. As Eir says, things can change and it could take you a bit to figure out how, but keep trying and you'll get there.

Thinking about Mika.

Wondering if he is the person he keeps showing us.

I have watched that Hong Kong interview yesterday for the first time. He was talking about his approach towards work and about how much he keeps insisting that everything is to be done properly. Something like 'I don't want to make friends at work, I want the people to get things done..."

This is not entirely new to me, a while ago I already had a (good) conversation about that topic with AKim but seeing that new video brought it all back again.

He also said that he was the kind of person who can tell people right in their faces that they look awful and so on..

These words have been reverberating inside my head since I have heard them, for I can hardly believe that. He always appears so genuine in everything he does and all we get to see and hear of him is always so nice, it's close to transcendental.

It is almost like he was on a mission. Like a kind of postmodern Jesus, forgive me for the religious reference, but I really can't think of any image that could meet my impression better than this.

I mean there are hardly any people saying 'Oh, Mika, well, yes, he's ok.' No there are the fans with their hearts as open as can be and... well...people who don't like him. There's no way to get stuck in the middle.

He pushes himself so hard to his limits (and honestly I really do think it is not all his management's decision, but his own wish to do so), almost as if he thought he was running out of time.

And the things he does. He's dealing so gently with his fans. He knows exactly how to make each of them happy within just a few minutes all by intuition. Just to name a few examples, he made natie sign the shirt she made for him. How nice was that just to turn the tables and make her feel like she was the celebrity. And the girl that proposed to him and got his hawaiian necklace... LOL. And turning to Sunshine after having realized that she knows the lyrics by heart. His empathy is remarkable.

It is hard to believe that all his hearty thoughtful gestures could be just calculated ....nothing but a cleverly-devised strategy of an ingenious mind to pave the way to stardom.

Someone once mentioned in another thread that he seems to be all in once: The puppet and the puppet player.

What a brilliant metaphor. I couldn't get it out of my head until now.

Maybe from that point of view the lyrics of Grace Kelly get a new denotation.

Maybe it is not all about being angry at the music industry but more than that.

He demonstrates every day that he can be anything we like. Like 'Say what you want, I'll be it for you:

Nice, hot, giggly, thoughtful, modest, topless, serious, spontaneous, gay, not gay, post-gay, a singer, a painter, a teaser, a storyteller, a stripper, a little boy, an agony aunt, your Winnie the Pooh.'

Identity mad? Maybe. But all on purpose.

Oh well, I should really stop analyzing people in public. But on the other hand Mika is a public person and this forum is not the New York Times.

Forgive me for sharing my weird thoughts. Maybe they are just that: weird - well, that's what I am. :insane:

I leave you to your own thoughts about it now but not without the personal conclusion I have drawn for myself out of this mad inside-of-my-head-discussion:

To me the awesomely amazing public Mika is real, first because I want it to be like that, second because noone can really act and pretend to be somebody else if their traits of character are actually totally different from the image to be drawn for the public ALL the time, and he is standing in the spotlight almost everyday...

And after all I still wish I had known him before.

(current state of identities: :mf_rosetinted::blush-anim-cl::argue:)

I have been considering the Mika contradiction and your thoughts. I have kept my discusson fairly superficial too, as I agree - it is not fair to do too much public analysis. However, I found your thoughts too interesting to resist responding.

Genuinely nice people often judge themselves quite harshly, and think they are mean when no-one else would. So Mika might say he is a perfectionist and demands his own way, while a person working with him might find him accurate, decisive and clear in his vision.

Mika said he can say "You look awful today" and get away with it - the person addressed would not hear a criticism but an honest, unbiased opinion expressed without malice. They could choose to take offense, but most would not.

Mika is on a mission. He has been planning for it his whole life, and now he is living it. He has put a lot of thought into it, and knows a lot of detail about what he wants, he has far more than a general direction of "I want to be famous".

He wants to have a long career, and he wants the fans who love him now to still be with him after many years pass. He is working hard and sincerely to deserve and keep our love. We have the easy part. We can stay or we can drift, and no-one is watching us. Mika's every move is being videoed and discussed. From fans who have met him, there are NO negative reports. My mind boggles at the care and determination that takes, that no matter how tired or ill he feels, we come first when we meet him. He is human, and can restrict that slightly, by having his minders do the hard lines of "time to go", but he can and does over-ride that to give us even more time. I think it will be a very long time before he can do it himself.

His manager finds MFC members and ask questions and brings us back-stage to meet Mika. There is no doubt in his mind that Mika wants to meet us, and will always make time for us. It is not his manager who needs to know what the fans want, it is Mika.

In another post someone said he was still star struck and finding it difficult to believe how much we love him, so he is kind in case we leave. I think that's partly true, but he is not a needy person in general, who must be loved.

I do think we fans get the best of him. He has less patience with some interviewers than for the stupidest of fans who scream and grope.

He is calculated with the things that he finds important to his career:

- his music and songwriting, so he is perfectionist in those areas, writing and recording

- his fans - he wants us to be loyal - so he tries to be deserving of loyalty.

- his live performances - so he will give the best possible show he can despite tiredness, illness or injury

So, I find Mika human, but very hardworking, and extremely focussed and determined to achieve his goals.

Mika will not stand still, and rest on his laurels - no matter how good he already is, he requires himself to keep growing and learning, saying that if he stops it will be because he is dead. Watching how quickly he learns, the next 35 years of his career will be worth watching.

The 100 best songs on my mp3

from 1-7 they are in order of preference

there is a 'best 20': the best of ever hit

from 21 to 100 there is no order...

1. Breathe – Midge Ure

2. Sound of Silence – Simon&Garfunkel

3. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

4. Holy Johnny - Mika

5. Satellite - Mika

6. I’m falling– Mika

7. beautiful that way - Noah

8. Under the bridge - rhcp

9. It takes a fool to remain sane – the Ark

10. Time is running out - Muse

11. Sweet dreams – Eurhythmics

12. Vacanze Romane – Antonella Ruggiero e Matia Bazar

13. Love song for a Vampire – Annie Lennox

14. Orinoco Flow – Enya

15. El tango di Roxanne (Moulin Rouge Soundtrack)

16. Lady Marmalade (cm sopra)

17. Se è vero che ci sei (Biagio Antonacci)

18. Heroes – David Bowie

19. Il portiere di notte – Enrico Ruggeri

20. Innuendo – Queen

21. La donna cannone –De Gregori

22. Aicha - Cheb Khaled

23. Minuetto – Mia Martini

24. L’amore sia con te – Marco Masini

25. Bring me to life - Evanescence

26. November Rain – Guns’n’roses

27. Candle in the wind – Elton John

28. Your song – Elton John

29. Crazy –Gnarls Barkley

30. Diamante – Zucchero

31. Dio morto – Guccini

32. La Guerra di Piero – De Andrè

33. Don Raffae’ De Andrè

34. Don’t Panic – Coldplay

35. Donna amante mia – Tozzi

36. Gabriel - Lamb

37. Girardengo - De Gregari

38. Giulio Cesare – Antonello Venditti

39. Solo tre minuti – Negramaro

40. Il mio nemico – Daniele Silvestri

41. Il vecchio e il bambino – Guccini

42. Immagine – John Lennon

43. Ironic – Alanis Morisette

44. La cosa che per me è importante – Tiromancino

45. La vita non è un film – Articolo31

46. Lemon tree – The fools garden

47. Ly oi le (???)

48. Mischia signor tenente – Giorgio Faletti

49. Misread – Kings of convenience

50. Narcotic – Liquido

51. Numb – Linkin’ Park

52. Orchestra – the Servant

53. Radio Ga Ga – Queen

54. Speed of Sound – Coldplay

55. Seven Seconds - Neneh Cherry e Youssou'Ndour

56. Sunrise – Norah Jones

57. Sunshine – Patrice

58. The Chronicles of life and death – Good Charlotte

59. The Road to Mandalay – Robbie Williams

60. Too much love will kill you – Queen

61. Under pressure – Freddy Mercury & David Bowie

62. Try – Nelly Furtado

63. I don’t wanna miss a thing – Aerosmith

64. No more I loves you – Annie Lennox

65. Everybody’s talking – Harry Nilsson

66. Andy Warhol – David Bowie

67. Somewhere over the rainbow – Harry Nilsson

68. Sorvolando Eilat – Fiorella Mannoia

69. Nature Boy (Moulin Rouge soundtrack)

70. Sally – Fiorella Mannoia

71. Sometimes you can’t make it on your own – U2

72. Mad world – Gary Jules

73. Il gigante e la bambina – De Gregori&Dalla

74. Natural Blues – Moby

75. Porcelain – Moby

76. The importance of being idle – Oasis

77. Grande – Paolo Vallesi

78. Another brick on the wall – Pink Floyd

79. Seven Nation Army – White stripes

80. Closer – Travis

81. One – U2 feat Mary J Blige

82. Ahum – Zucchero

83. Your sympathy - Mika

84. Stuck in the middle – Mika

85. Sally – Mika

86. Happy ending – Mika

87. Big girl – Mika

88. Relax, take it easy – Mika

89. Advertising space – Robbie Williams

90. Amarantine – Enya

91. The celts – Enya

92. La vida es un carnival

93. You make me – Mika

94. Zombie – Cranberries

95. Come what may (Moulin rouge soundtrack)

96. L’ultimo bacio – Carmen Consoli

97. Cherry lips - Garbage

98. Pensieri e parole – Lucio Battisti

99. Così celeste – Zucchero feat Cheb Mami

100. Gli impermeabili – Paolo Conte

there is no order, so Mika is in the lower positions, but just because he has a 'private' folder and I left it for the end :naughty:

Thank you, Eir, for your mp3 list, I'll have a closer look on it later, I'm sure I'll find some treasuries :thumb_yello:

mouselle, thank you, too, I have to admit I really enjoyed reading what you wrote because it all sounds elaborate and feasible. I wish that you are right with everything written in your post, I really do. :original:

I've got inspired today to think about decisions and about the fact that we never know whether the things we do are right or wrong until we have actually done them. Thinking about that and becoming philosophic from all that head spinning again one of my very favourite poems came to my mind. It is called

'The Road not taken' by Robert Frost and my English teacher gave it to us in our very last lesson before the final exams at school.

Here it is:

THE ROAD NOT TAKEN

Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveler, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,

And having perhaps the better claim,

Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

Though as for that the passing there

Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way,

I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

I've got inspired today to think about decisions and about the fact that we never know whether the things we do are right or wrong until we have actually done them. Thinking about that and becoming philosophic from all that head spinning again one of my very favourite poems came to my mind. It is called

'The Road not taken' by Robert Frost and my English teacher gave it to us in our very last lesson before the final exams at school.

Here it is:

We do the best we can at the time, with the information that we have, and that is enough.

Holding that thought gives me a lot of strength.

It also demands I live up to a high standard, because I need to make sure that I am always doing the best I can, and using all the information I have.

And so I learn and grow.

(I love that poem too!)

The 100 best songs on my mp3

from 1-7 they are in order of preference

there is a 'best 20': the best of ever hit

from 21 to 100 there is no order...

eir how can you do that?? :shocked: i envy you!!! cos i can't order my songs :thumbdown: can't decide which one is better than the other...

sooo: :thumb_yello:

LoL! I admit I can't either...that was a list I made on the moment...I was feeling in that particular way and I wrote it...but probably now I would change it... :naughty:

And just the first 7 are ordined, because there is a reason behind each position :wink2:

Oh thank you!

For the Annie Lennox and Harry Nilsson part I have to thank Mika...I already knew them but I didn't know titles!

Then I read about his fav singers and...now they are in my top 100 and I REALLY LOVE THEM!!! :wub2: