...thoughts...

Eir

In another post someone said he was still star struck and finding it difficult to believe how much we love him, so he is kind in case we leave. I think that's partly true, but he is not a needy person in general, who must be loved.

I agree with everything, but I think I disagree here. For one, I don't think that Mika is particularly starstruck. I think that's part of people trying to make him out as more naive than he is. He may be pleasantly surprised at how quickly he got where he is, but he very much prepared himself to be here, wanted to be here, expected it eventually, and is remarkably clear-headed about how he intends to handle it.

I also think that all entertainers of Mika's stripe do in fact thrive on love, acclaim and fan approbation... and are somewhat needy, hungry for love. That's what drives them to perform, no? I think Mika is very much a person who needs to be loved, who seeks love, lives on it. That said, it doesn't mean he has to whore himself out for approval. He knows who he is, he doesn't want to change it, but he does need and want our love, and is especially gratified when he gets it for being who he is.

--Jack

P.S. Mika, feel free to correct me on any of this with extra info, and I'll psychoanalyze you for free!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love this forum...and I'm not saying this to be pleasant to the members...it's only because this is my recurrent thought

Give a look to the thread Freddiesdouble has just opened...so much people discussing of different ideas politely and in peace...it's so stimulating :original:

I love this forum...and I'm not saying this to be pleasant to the members...it's only because this is my recurrent thought

Give a look to the thread Freddiesdouble has just opened...so much people discussing of different ideas politely and in peace...it's so stimulating :original:

Yeah you are right...i have been on another forum and when something like this came along they all just started fighting...this is really nice for a change:thumb_yello:

my thought right now is I have to find that converse thread...I love it:blush-anim-cl:

I agree with everything, but I think I disagree here. For one, I don't think that Mika is particularly starstruck. I think that's part of people trying to make him out as more naive than he is. He may be pleasantly surprised at how quickly he got where he is, but he very much prepared himself to be here, wanted to be here, expected it eventually, and is remarkably clear-headed about how he intends to handle it.

I also think that all entertainers of Mika's stripe do in fact thrive on love, acclaim and fan approbation... and are somewhat needy, hungry for love. That's what drives them to perform, no? I think Mika is very much a person who needs to be loved, who seeks love, lives on it. That said, it doesn't mean he has to whore himself out for approval. He knows who he is, he doesn't want to change it, but he does need and want our love, and is especially gratified when he gets it for being who he is.

--Jack

I agree, with the caveat that no matter how much you prepare and anticipate and imagine, the reality is bigger and has its own impact. In fact, the more you sit on a couch and want and plan and dream, the more amazing it can be when you reach reality and look around and go 'wow!'

Also, having wanted a thing for a long time, it can make it much more special when it arrives, and you really appreciate having it really happen.

So thats what I meant when I was partly agreeing with the starstruck comment - that Mika having wanted and dreamed of rabidly enthusiastic fans showering him with love, now really appreciates us, (unlike other performers who are often like the people woriking in a service industry who think the job is ok, if only it weren't for the customers.)

Performers often are the way they are because they want and need the love and adulation. The Evita line "I thought the more who loved me, the more loved I'd be" is the issue. It is easy to feel the love pouring at you onstage. It is harder when fans mob, receive satisfaction, then turn away, back to their lives and concerns. Mika is managing to feel the love there too, and that's a great skill, enhanced by his intent focus on the individual in front of him rather than the mob pressing around.

COOL IDEA!! thread wise.

my thoughts right now.. why is it raining, its summer! it really is making me in a mood! second thought, shall i go into college tomo?

next thought.. i need to get a new job, i think my oe now is affecting my mental health..

last though, MIKA IS FREAKING SEXY AND I WANT HIM IN MY ROOM NOW!!!

My thought right now is that it's nice when you sit down, put on some music, take in and let out a deep breath... And smile when you realize that there's still good, forgiving people in the world.

My thought right now is that it's nice when you sit down, put on some music, take in and let out a deep breath... And smile when you realize that there's still good, forgiving people in the world.

that is so right...wow you just gave me that thought on my mind:biggrin2: :thumb_yello:

my other thought is that i hope eir likes the birthday thread and that it's okay i've used a picture of her:blink: :naughty:

I don't get how people see others running around in HEAT asking for donations, and just smile and walk/drive away with out a "good luck" or a donation :[

its terrible :[

at my school yesterday, we were collecting donations for the loonie line at our school. [ a line of loonies, from my school to lakeshore hospital about 7 km ] half of the proceeds went to lakeshore hospital's oncology center, and the other half our school for student activities. anyway, we were walking around, waiting at stop signs, asking for donations [ like 20 students!! ], and most of the people, just looked at us and smiled, or gave us the DIRTIEST look and drove away fast.

we ended up getting at least 300 $ in donations though.

next time i see a group of people asking for donations, i am donating for SURE. because i went trough the same thing as them, and boy is it a lot of work! [ and VERY discouraging when you dont get donations ]

I don't get how people see others running around in HEAT asking for donations, and just smile and walk/drive away with out a "good luck" or a donation :[

its terrible :[

at my school yesterday, we were collecting donations for the loonie line at our school. [ a line of loonies, from my school to lakeshore hospital about 7 km ] half of the proceeds went to lakeshore hospital's oncology center, and the other half our school for student activities. anyway, we were walking around, waiting at stop signs, asking for donations [ like 20 students!! ], and most of the people, just looked at us and smiled, or gave us the DIRTIEST look and drove away fast.

we ended up getting at least 300 $ in donations though.

next time i see a group of people asking for donations, i am donating for SURE. because i went trough the same thing as them, and boy is it a lot of work! [ and VERY discouraging when you dont get donations ]

Wow yeah I understand. That must be a lot of work to set all this. At least some people donated!!

oh and me at the moment was just thinking how comfortable my new calvin klein bra is. LOL! :bleh:

that is so right...wow you just gave me that thought on my mind:biggrin2: :thumb_yello:

my other thought is that i hope eir likes the birthday thread and that it's okay i've used a picture of her:blink: :naughty:

I just loved it my dear!!!!!!!!!! :flowers2:

many many many KYS!!!!!

oooohh that's so sweet....:thumb_yello:

oh and me at the moment was just thinking how comfortable my new calvin klein bra is. LOL! :bleh:

Ugh. I just got home from jiu jitsu- I'm still even wearing the pants to my gi- My bra popped open when I was in the middle of a match against a guy. Never had that happen before. Pretty awkward.

... I still won, though.

Hehe. Well, in any case, I kind of wish more of the girls in the dojo would willingly take on the guys... It would really help them with their self-defense.

I mean, if all you do is fight other women, if an actual guy is attacking later on for the first time... That whole difference in weight and feeling their strength will throw them completely, they'll start to panic, and forget all the techniques they learned. I'm one of two girls in the class that willingly fight the guys and they DO fight back, especially when they find out you mean it... They don't like losing to a girl.

But if you partner up with the men more often, you'll be used to it and you'll learn their size and strength will probably end up to be their fall if you know what you're doing.

im the only girl, and so have no choice - in all my martial arts groups. and i a the lightest by about 4 stone - im little and theyre boys. it can be a disadvantage when you get a boy who fights with brute strength, but thats not how it shouold be fought - it's all abotu technique. i can usally whip them if they fight proplerly, cos i have good balance, and they always use the ssame throws adn moves!

kickboxing, boxing ,judo , karate and a wierd one called cheng mei. it's very fun.

Boxing, nice. I'm not really big on kickboxing itself- I've never seen an impressive match of it yet. Judo is good, a lot of jiu jitsu links with that... Karate is great too. Cheng Mei sounds familiar, but I'm not sure where I heard of it.

My classmates are kind of scared of me or have a futilistic point of view because I have a slightly unfair advantage... I'm incredibly double-jointed and otherwise the most flexible in the class. A lot of armbars and joint locks don't work on me, and ones that will have to be done with a serious intent to damage me for life... But by the time I get to that point, I usually found a way out of that situation by then.

We nickname each other. They call me Psycho or Twister.

Lately, I've been tapping out when they get me in a lock that should work on me if I were "normal" as they put it, but doesn't because of my flexibility.

The only show on TV I regularly watch is Ultimate Fighting Champion. It is SO awesome when you see good jiu jitsu players on there. I'm so weird for a girl...

hhaha! me too! i used to be a gymnist and am a dancer, so im almoast completely double jointed - nto that useful when you play the 'cello tough, as my little fingers too short, so it just compensates by deslocating! i get in trouble for it at school.....but it's very fun to gross people out. i dot have a nickname ( well, not in that sense), but people call me rose, and i have n idea why, and my name is morwhennah ( or whennie), and even my teachers call me that.....i really dont know why. it's a bt on the wierd side!