• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I expect that'll be when the original version will be released.

I'm actually starting to embrace the delay. :roftl: Last month I tried reading it line by line in Italian, seeing how much I understood, then running it line by line through Google Translate. :freak:

On March, 31!! :thumb_yello:

:huglove:

yippie^^!!!!

I'm actually starting to embrace the delay. :roftl: Last month I tried reading it line by line in Italian, seeing how much I understood, then running it line by line through Google Translate. :freak:

i tried as well^^:blush-anim-cl:

2nd time I forget to buy it on my way to work! :annoyed_h4h:

I know this has a hidden meaning....:teehee:

ok....I'm going :mf_rosetinted:

Silly goldling :bleh: Unfortunately there's no newspaper stand near enough me to be able to get it before work, this morning I barely made it out of the house in time anyway :aah:

Bear with me guys, I'm a bit sleep deprived today... :aah:

Ok, so the story behind this article is that he was sent by La Repubblica to see the opera about Anna Nicole Smith at the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden, London, last month.

He was late arriving, caught up in traffic on the way there, and had to run once he got out of the taxi. He'd been asked to write a review of the opera, which tells the story of her life. But after seeing the opera he decided that he didn't want to contribute to the hype that had been created about this opera. He then goes on to write a bit about her life, and death. He says that he can't be indifferent about a life that was that tragic. He says people wrongly dismissed her as someone who was only after money. He says people hated her because she was too real, she was an example of what could happen to someone by being over-exposed in the media.

He went to the opera hoping that it would make justice of her story, that the audience could identify themselves in a part of her. He says that the opera was well-written, but that the audience could never empathise with Anna Nicole. In the opera he says that her son's death doesn't create any kind of emotion. But the sad thing he says is that how the opera reflects reality, in the sense that she was sacrificed to entertain the public, and the media turned her into a criminal. The opera could've reinvented her into a tragic heroine, on the same level as classical heroines of opera, but unfortunately for Anna Nicole this wasn't the case. The opera that had made so many people laugh made him sad, because a modern tragedy went wasted.

*high five*

That was probably the most difficult one I've had to do so far :blink:

You did a great job, thank you!:thumb_yello:

And thanks to Robertina too of course!:huglove:

Sounds like a serious subject this month but a significant one and probably close to his heart!:wink2: