• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think this is one of Mika's best columns, because it was written from the heart

I've been looking all day to find the words to express my feelings but I guess you summed it up:thumb_yello:

It's such a sad story:boxed:

wow, that last article. When I heard that she was in stable condition i thought it would all be fine, but i didn't know she would have to go to rehab, and retrain her legs to walk! I could just imagine him writing a song about it, and it would be all beautiful, and i would probably cry...

I could have never imagined he would write about it and there.

It was such a touching article, I'm glad he decided to write about it, it feels good to know what happened from a good source.

It was worst that I thought, it's so comforting to know that she keeps on getting better and that they are all taking care of her :wub2:

Reading about Paloma's accident in his own words is just... ouch. :boxed:

I can't imagine what she's been through, how he felt that night when he first saw her like that...ugh. It's just unthinkable. :sad:

I can totally understand why he's thinking about different healthcare systems now, and how grateful they are to not have to pay out of pocket for Paloma's care. Those of us with effective, accessible universal healthcare are so freakin' lucky. :blink:

Emotional, touching and raw article. I love the "stripped down" tone this article has. Mika is an amazing writer, and to see that he wrote about what happened to Paloma makes me feel better, because this means he has some type of closure now. This type of incident can leave ANYONE traumatized. Luckily, he seems to have remained on the positive lane.

He is a very strong person. And the way he told about it, very simple words coming from his heart, it was really touching. I really appreciate it that he wanted to share it :wub2: We can't even imagine what their family has gone through :blink:

He is a very strong person. And the way he told about it, very simple words coming from his heart, it was really touching. I really appreciate it that he wanted to share it :wub2: We can't even imagine what their family has gone through :blink:

I totally agree with you.

http://videodrome-xl.blogautore.repubblica.it/2011/03/11/mika-pop-up-4/

it's here finally!!!!!!!!!! :roftl:

*angels take deep breaths*

Thanks for posting ! :thumb_yello:

+1 :wub2:

I have a question for the Italian people: Are there more than one newspaper in your country named Republica?

In Sweden's biggest news paper there is an article today that talks about La Republica being the biggest critic of the Italian prime minister, the name of the editor-in-chief is Ezio Mauro.

Just curious if it's the same newspaper!:wink2:

Mika is an amazing writer' date=' and to see that he wrote about what happened to Paloma makes me feel better, because this means he has some type of closure now[/quote']

I agree about his writing and I hope you are right about the closure. It sounds like he is taking stock of his family's fortunes in life instead of dwelling on the negative.

Somehow the saddest part of this story for me is that Paloma had just moved out on her own. What a terrible setback in life just as you are celebrating a step forward :emot-sad:

I really hope she can manage to retain some positivity and hope for the future as she has to endure the ordeal of a long recovery. I know I would find it difficult but she is lucky to have a tight knit family to see her through it.

I have a question for the Italian people: Are there more than one newspaper in your country named Republica?

In Sweden's biggest news paper there is an article today that talks about La Republica being the biggest critic of the Italian prime minister, the name of the editor-in-chief is Ezio Mauro.

Just curious if it's the same newspaper!:wink2:

Yes, XL Repubblica is a magazine supplement for La Repubblica.

Reading about Paloma's accident in his own words is just... ouch. :boxed:

I can't imagine what she's been through, how he felt that night when he first saw her like that...ugh. It's just unthinkable. :sad:

I can totally understand why he's thinking about different healthcare systems now, and how grateful they are to not have to pay out of pocket for Paloma's care. Those of us with effective, accessible universal healthcare are so freakin' lucky. :blink:

Emotional' date=' touching and raw article. I love the "stripped down" tone this article has. Mika is an amazing writer, and to see that he wrote about what happened to Paloma makes me feel better, because this means he has some type of closure now. This type of incident can leave ANYONE traumatized. Luckily, he seems to have remained on the positive lane.[/quote']

Totally agree with yiu, guys. It's such a tough situation, and I guess the worst is the long term-ness of it all.....One needs to remain strong for a long time, and fight daily for months and months. I hope that things will have a good outcome for all of them though, especially Paloma of course.

This is the best of social critic I ever read.

I think the government should pay attention about healthcare issue.

The wealth isn't about economy.

I'm pretty sure, Paloma is strong enough to pass it with smile.

I pray all the best for her