REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS - Das Festival, Aug. 6 Aug. 2011, Schaffhausen, Switzerland

guylainem123

Maybe 30 MFCers? I traveled with the German girls, and we met some French, Italian and Spanish fans at the venue and more people from France, Belgium and Switzerland (for example) came after the gates were already opened.

Sounds great- hopefully I'll soon be able to travel too

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But even WITH the English version, they still wouldn't be able to sing along to the French version. :blink:

That's why he has an English version. He can keep the French one for the French for the next tour. Is it really so difficult to understand?:blink:

I can't believe there are still people nagging about EMD being in French :naughty:

and now that he's done your will, made an English version, there are people nagging again :aah:

I know right? :roftl:

I wonder, do any of the French nag about the English songs? doubt it. :aah:

I can't believe there are still people nagging about EMD being in French :naughty: and now that he's done your will, made an English version, there are people nagging again :aah:

Are people nagging? (I haven't read all comments yet). I thought most fans are happy about an English version. I am happy about it in theory but I have yet to listen to the lyrics. I hope he didn't write them the same day he did BIOTW.:mf_rosetinted:

I know right? :roftl:

exactly! :aah:

I mean, I really would like Black Stones to sing in Serbian, why do they have to sing in Japanese, it doesn't matter that they're Japanese band, I want Serbian song cos I can't sing along in Japanese and I don't want to bother to learn the lyrics anyway :roftl:

EDIT: sorry about the chat, this is supposed to be the thread about reports, so I'm stopping now ;)

Edited by GingerLujka

I really couldn't hear the lyrics well last night, and I tried to watch my video and I still can't hear it well, the sound is not so clear and my English is not that good (and we were not allowed to take the lyrics papers :naughty: ) But I have it filmed, I'm uploading it now. The chorus is still in French.

I really didn't expect him to do it in English. And even my 7 yo son has learnt most the lyrics in French :teehee: But it was quite exciting to hear it English, I'm happy he decided to do it last night.

Maybe he's done an English version because it's become so popular.

But even WITH the English version, they still wouldn't be able to sing along to the French version. :blink:

That's why he has an English version. He can keep the French one for the French for the next tour. Is it really so difficult to understand?:blink:

Or maybe it's because neither he could remember the french lyrics? :wink2::roftl:

Mika is a British artist and it was via English songs that his current fanbase was built.

He can choose to have a different fanbase if he wants to but I doubt any of these two French songs would get a standing ovation on an up-coming UK or US tour so it is good to have an English version of EMD unless he has way better songs from the next album that he could sing live instead.

(and I do believe he will have much better songs (:teehee:)

Thanks Tiibet...........sounds like a great night............I love watching soundchecks........as you say, he is completely different. I would be very interested to see the different guitarist.

Looking forward to hearing EMD in English although I have grown to love it in French and can't really imagine it in English.

A quick update in my blog with a few pics and Elle Me Dit. Maybe someone wants to link them to the list?

http://anothermikablog.blogspot.com/2011/08/quick-updates-das-festival-schaffhausen.html

Edit: Thanks Lucrezia, you already found it! :biggrin2:

thanks for the vid and pics and small report :wub2:

i like EMD in english, but still prefer the french version:teehee:

I can't believe there are still people nagging about EMD being in French :naughty:

and now that he's done your will, made an English version, there are people nagging again :aah:

To quote Mika here as not everyone in the crowd was pleased with the English version as well (there were some people whistleing :aah: ): "You can't please everyone, can you?"

Another short comment: During soundcheck he did EMD in French at first and afterwards just did the first couple of lines in English, quite spontaneously and a capella iirc. The fans watching the soundcheck were cheering a lot afterwards so he asked "What was that? Do you want it in English?" We all screamed "yeeees!" :naughty: and he went "Oh God!" :naughty: (he said that in a funny way).

Then later they put the English lyrics for him and iMMa on stage. So it's possible that he decided it because of the soundcheck. They hadn't rehearsed it earlier apparently. Yay for MFC-power! :naughty:

Oh and some tried to get those texts after the gig but one of stage guys got quite unfriendly and threw the texts away.

Proper report coming later. Maybe tonight or on tuesday. Will upload pics as well. Probably not as many as usual because of the "no flash!" :aah:

P.s.: sorry for the typos in my tweets. Typing on a touchscreen is still quite new to me plus it was in a var plus I was super tired :aah:

To quote Mika here as not everyone in the crowd was pleased with the English version as well (there were some people whistleing :aah: ): "You can't please everyone, can you?"

Another short comment: During soundcheck he did EMD in French at first and afterwards just did the first couple of lines in English, quite spontaneously and a capella iirc. The fans watching the soundcheck were cheering a lot afterwards so he asked "What was that? Do you want it in English?" We all screamed "yeeees!" :naughty: and he went "Oh God!" :naughty: (he said that in a funny way).

Then later they put the English lyrics for him and iMMa on stage. So it's possible that he decided it because of the soundcheck. They hadn't rehearsed it earlier apparently. Yay for MFC-power! :naughty:

Oh and some tried to get those texts after the gig but one of stage guys got quite unfriendly and threw the texts away.

Proper report coming later. Maybe tonight or on tuesday. Will upload pics as well. Probably not as many as usual because of the "no flash!" :aah:

P.s.: sorry for the typos in my tweets. Typing on a touchscreen is still quite new to me plus it was in a var plus I was super tired :aah:

this is exactly why I got so annoyed when he first published EMD and so many fans started b***ing around cos of the French lyrics. he LISTENS to his fans and he indulges them which is more than 98% artists do.

tiibet, thanks for the video, it's great :thumb_yello: