Mika on Star Académie TV show (Montréal, Qc, Canada) - March 25 2012

Christine

Translation :teehee:

Mika makes it rain and shine!

Even if he made the rain fall in the Mels sutdios, Mika still light up the evening last Sunday night. From red umbrellas to Toutounes atomiques, the artist, surrounded by the candidates, offered a colorful candy pop performance during the very last Star Académie show. He also shared with us his experiences during a press conference.

Mika, how would you summarize your perforamce on star académie?

Its the first time that i do a show with académiciens (contestants of the show). I'm thrilled that this first time happened in Montreal.Theres a special feeling here, Its rare to go on a set where everybody loves each other.And the académiciens are wonderful! theyre all different, with each a unique voice.We didnt stick to the rules.We had fun. Im very happy about it.

Your third record will be out later this year. Why did you choose to start recording in Québec?

Last year, in the end of february, i had a tough time with my family: my sister had a very serious accident.I couldnt stay over there. I had to escape and write.I went to the airport and bought a plane ticket to Montreal.On my way there, i booked a recording studio and a session with Nick Littlemore, from Empire of the Sun. He was working ont he movie of a show for Cirque du Soleil. When i got there i was totally Jet lagged. I found a hotel, drank 2 whiskeys, and went to the studio. On that night i wrote the very first song of my next record.

2 days later, i wrote the Origin of Love, which is also the name of the CD.This opened the doors to a new chapter for me.I didnt go home for the next 9 months. I travelled around the world to write this album and asked to many people for a collaboration. Now that im back, a year later, the album is almost finished!

One of your songs is on Madonnas latest record, MDNA, How did you get to work with her?

In LA, i worked with Demolition Crew, that produced part of Madonnas album. I wrote a song called Bang Bang and she heard it.She loved it alot. She rewrote it and reinvented it in her own way.She changed the title to Gang Bang.Its one of the most interesting single of the CD. Its quite angry. Its dark, underground and very bizare. Its a bit scary! (laughs)

The mix turned out great. MAdonna is an icon. To be a little part of her history is enough. Im very happy.

Mika fait la pluie et le beau temps!

Le 27 Mars 2012 à 10:10

mika-star-academie-pluie.jpg

Marie-France Pellerin

Même s’il a fait tomber la pluie dans les studios Mel’s, Mika n’en a pas moins égayé la soirée dimanche dernier! Des parapluies rouges aux Toutounes atomiques, l’artiste, en compagnie de l’ensemble des candidats, a offert une prestation pop bonbon haute en couleur lors du tout dernier variété de Star Académie. Il n’a pas non plus manqué de venir partager cette belle folie avec les médias, réunis dans la salle de presse.

Mika, quel bilan dresses-tu de ton passage à Star Académie?

C’est la première fois que je fais un show avec des académiciens. Je suis content que cette première ait eu lieu à Montréal. Il y a un feeling assez particulier, ici. C’est rare de monter sur un plateau où tout le monde s’aime. Et les académiciens sont super! Ils sont tous très différents, avec chacun une voix qui leur est propre. On a défié toutes les règles. On s’est amusés. Je suis super satisfait.

Ton troisième album est attendu plus tard cette année. Pourquoi avoir choisi d’entamer l’enregistrement de cet opus au Québec?

L’an dernier, à la fin du mois de février, je vivais une période difficile avec ma famille: ma sœur a eu un gros accident. Je ne pouvais pas rester là-bas. Je devais m’échapper et écrire. Je me suis rendu à l’aéroport, où j’ai acheté un billet pour Montréal. En route, j’ai confirmé une séance au Studio Planet avec le musicien Nick Littlemore, du groupe Empire of the Sun. Il travaillait alors à la musique d’un spectacle du Cirque du Soleil. Lorsque je suis arrivé, j’étais complètement «jet–lag». J’ai trouvé un hôtel, j’ai bu deux whiskys et je suis parti au studio. J’ai écrit ce soir-là le premier single de mon nouvel album.

Deux jours plus tard, j’ai composé The Origin of Love, qui est aussi le titre de l’album. Ça a ouvert les portes à un nouveau chapitre pour moi. Je ne suis pas rentré chez moi avant neuf mois. J’ai voyagé un peu partout pour écrire cet album, et j’ai frappé aux portes pour demander à des gens de travailler avec moi. Maintenant que je reviens ici, un an plus tard, l’album est presque fini!

L’une de vos chansons se retrouve sur le nouvel album de Madonna, MDNA. Comment en êtes-vous venu à collaborer avec cette superstar?

À Los Angeles, j’ai travaillé avec Demolition Crew, qui a réalisé une partie du disque de Madonna. J’avais écrit une chanson intitulée Bang Bang, qu’elle a entendue. Elle l’a beaucoup aimée. Elle l’a réécrite à sa manière, l’a réinventée. Elle a changé le titre pour Gang Bang. C’est l’un des titres les plus intéressants sur l’album. C’est assez vénéneux. C’est sombre, underground et très bizarre. Ça fait un peu peur. (rires)

La combinaison est super! Madonna, c’est une icône. Avoir un tout petit morceau qui fait partie de son histoire, ça me suffit. Je suis ravi.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, this is a column from another newspaper called La Presse. Theyre not affiliated with Star Académie, which is probably why theyre a bit more harsh on the show!:roftl: i highlighted the parts about mika and heres the translation for the parts. Basicaly, the journalist thinks i took wayyy too long to annouce the winner:roftl:

Mikas performance gave a boost to the show.For Lollipop, the artist made his entrance on stage in a retro driven by Bryan.The effect was spectacular! Then it was Relax, surrounded by the candidates that couldnt keep up vocally with Mika, sadly. Then the pillow fight put a bit more energy, concluded by Happy Ending, sang altogether.

Super kind and speaking perfectly french, Mika told us how he wrote a song for Madonna, and that she rewrote it to make it hers.And Bang Bang became Gang Bang. Mika then defied the laws by making the audience open red umbrellas during his song, Rain (here we say its bad luck to open umbrellas inside:teehee:)A mini rainstorm was create above their heads specially for the song. At Star Académie, nothing is impossible.

Then they said that mikas numbers were fabulous, whereas for the other singer it was dull.:mf_rosetinted:

thats about it. He loved mika :fangurl:

Exaspéré. À boutte! Voilà de quoi j'avais l'air au terme de cette trop longue finale de Star Académie, où on ne finissait plus d'ouvrir la foutue enveloppe contenant le nom du gagnant. Il y a toujours bien des limites à faire attendre le public, un dimanche soir à 22h33!

C'est finalement - et Dieu sait qu'il en a fallu du temps pour le savoir - Jean-Marc Couture qui a remporté cette finale en interprétant Quand on n'a que l'amour de Jacques Brel, version blues.

Des deux finalistes, Sophie Pelletier a pourtant offert la meilleure prestation. Pour son interprétation de Jusqu'au bout, d'Éric Lapointe, elle a su garder toutes ses énergies jusqu'à la fin, ce que n'a pas réussi Jean-Marc, dont la voix cassait. Sophie semblait aussi plus légère que Jean-Marc, presque sévère dans son interprétation.

Bien que trop longue - plus de trois heures et quart -, cette finale nous a donné de spectaculaires numéros, comme seule Star Académie sait nous en offrir.

En ouverture, sur vidéo, Céline Dion s'est excusée de ne pas pouvoir prendre part à la finale, en raison de l'infection récente dont elle a été victime. «Le plus important, c'est de gagner. Pas le concours, mais le coeur du public», a-t-elle dit en substance aux deux finalistes.

Invité de marque, Daniel Bélanger a repris quelques-uns de ses grands succès (Dans un Spoutnik, Opium, Fous n'importe où, Reste...) avec un réel enthousiasme, avec les académiciens juchés au-dessus des spectateurs - il ne fallait pas avoir le vertige.

La venue de Mika a vitaminé la soirée. Pour Lollipop, l'artiste a surgi sur la scène dans une voiture rétro conduite par Bryan. L'effet était spectaculaire. A suivi Relax, Take it Easy, entouré d'académiciens qui ne faisaient pas le poids vocalement, hélas. La bataille d'oreillers a remis du pep dans ce numéro, conclu par Happy Ending, chanté en choeur.

Ultra chaleureux et parlant parfaitement le français, Mika a raconté avoir écrit une chanson pour Madonna, qu'elle a transformée à son goût. Et Bang Bang est devenue Gang Bang. Après les bananes de Philippe Katerine, Mika a conjuré le sort dans son second numéro en faisant ouvrir des parapluies rouges aux spectateurs durant sa chanson Rain. Mini orage reconstitué au-dessus de leurs têtes spécialement pour l'occasion. À Star Académie, rien n'est impossible.

Points négatifs

Quelques points négatifs quand même dans cette finale. Avions-nous vraiment besoin des bloopers de Patrick Groulx dans un gala qui durait déjà plus de trois heures? On aurait dû garder ça pour la quotidienne. Autant les effets du numéro de Mika étaient réussis, autant ces apparitions de Mike et Olivier se regardant dans le miroir entourés de chandeliers, durant le second medley de Daniel Bélanger, paraissaient cucul la praline. On a aussi entendu Jason dire «Chesse tes pleurs, chesse tes pleurs» au lieu de «Sèche tes pleurs»...

Dans un numéro beaucoup trop long, le corps professoral s'est aussi commis en chantant différents titres qui ont marqué la saison. Julie qui chante Hello de Lionel Richie, c'est plus atroce que drôle. J'ai cru halluciner en voyant René Angélil coiffé d'un immense chapeau pour chanter Le monde est à pleurer de Jean Leloup. La très libidineuse Ginette Reno s'appropriant Dans mon corps (de jeune fille), qu'elle a chantée avec Les Trois Accords, a en quelque sorte sauvé le numéro.

Vers 22h15, alors que tout le monde attendait le nom du gagnant, on a plutôt choisi de ploguer le docu-réalité sur Céline Dion qui sera diffusé dimanche prochain, avant de s'autoféliciter à l'excès. Non, vraiment, la concision est décidément une notion qui échappe à Productions J

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/le-soleil/arts-et-spectacles/television-et-radio/201203/25/01-4509262-finale-de-star-academie-peut-on-ouvrir-lenveloppe-svp.php

Edited by LilStar

"surrounded by the candidates that couldnt keep up vocally with Mika" :teehee:

:fangurls:

Kind of what I've said when watching it. Actually I said that everyone there had more femenine voice than him :aah: And they of course didn't match :teehee:

484726-autre-invite-mika-execute-compagnie.jpg

:bow: @Christine Thanks a lot for D/L links !!! :flowers2:

YouTube [HD] links

Lollipop

Relax

Grace Kelly

Happy Ending

Interview I

Big Girl

Rain

Love Today

Elle Me Dit

Interview II

Mediafire D/L links

[ mkb.files ]

Lollipop -- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?p4nzc56oce73s9v

Relax -- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?oh4onjqzd3wnka9

Grace Kelly -- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?osl7bw147oh1u7l

Happy Ending -- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?n5i5qh6542cyx8k

Interview I -- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?00vt628yagtc2r9

Big Girl -- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1n6so2sn5bkrrw6

Rain -- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rhb2c11gekf38a3

Love Today -- http://www.mediafire.com/?3u7yn66olkaid5p

Elle Me Dit -- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wke6a75omza72fe

Interview II -- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ksdv0sm0iqj0twz

Edited by Kumazzz

Thank you, @Christine and @Eriko ! :bow: The quality is great,can't stop watching again and again....:wub2: And the sound is amazing,what a brilliant voice :wub2: Even it seems that he had some problems with his earphone when Happy Ending started.

Thank you, @Christine and @Eriko ! :bow: The quality is great,can't stop watching again and again....:wub2: And the sound is amazing,what a brilliant voice :wub2: Even it seems that he had some problems with his earphone when Happy Ending started.

he ALWAYS plays with his earphones during Happy Ending, haven't notice it?

he ALWAYS plays with his earphones during Happy Ending, haven't notice it?

Yes,I know,but he pointed with his finger to the earphone like something was wrong.

he removes it so he can hear me sing :mf_rosetinted:

:aah:

:roftl::roftl:

Awesome performance ! but is it me or that female host is particularly dumb ? :mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao: i don't like her at all!

i think it's quite ignorant to host a show where you have international guests and rely on others (the participants) to translate. a few english lessons wouldn't hurt :teehee:

at the end, when the cameras were off, she removed her shoes, went over & was talking to Mika. Somehow he ended up with one of her high heels in his hands! :dunno: they were NOT Louboutin though :aah:

:lmfao: i don't like her at all!

i think it's quite ignorant to host a show where you have international guests and rely on others (the participants) to translate. a few english lessons wouldn't hurt :teehee:

at the end, when the cameras were off, she removed her shoes, went over & was talking to Mika. Somehow he ended up with one of her high heels in his hands! :dunno: they were NOT Louboutin though :aah:

No seriously , she looks completely demented when she says " l'une des étoiles montantes ". As if he's barely known by the public , a rising star huh he's already a star , no need for this rising thing , I mean wtf :blink: LOL

I thought she was a ditz too but I absolutely LOVED those shoes. I had been thinking earlier that I bet Mika likes her shoes and the next thing I know he's got one in his hand. :roftl:

No seriously , she looks completely demented when she says " l'une des étoiles montantes ". As if he's barely known by the public , a rising star huh he's already a star , no need for this rising thing , I mean wtf :blink: LOL

well, yes & no... he is "l'une des étoiles montantes" in Canada & USA, as he isn't as well known as in Europe.

it's just "her" in general that drives me crazy :naughty:

I thought she was a ditz too but I absolutely LOVED those shoes. I had been thinking earlier that I bet Mika likes her shoes and the next thing I know he's got one in his hand. :roftl:

yeah! :naughty: how weird was that?

:tears:

i'm suffering from "last week at this time syndrome"

me too :shocked:

about the host: she's a bit crazy and for someone of her importance (after all, she's living with one of the richest people in Quebec, if not Canada), she can act oddly.

She had a talk show years ago and she jumped in the St.Lawrence river:aah:

me too :shocked:

about the host: she's a bit crazy and for someone of her importance (after all, she's living with one of the richest people in Quebec, if not Canada), she can act oddly.

She had a talk show years ago and she jumped in the St.Lawrence river:aah:

and she lived? :naughty: