2012 - Roundhouse, London, UK - 13 December: REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

guylainem123

Also, I've never heard him use the term 'pissed' in the American way, ie, angry. I've always heard him using it the British way, where pissed means drunk, and angry is pissed off...

It took me so long to get used to this when I married a South African :naughty: We will say someone is "pissed out of their minds" but that is only one of a hundred ways to talk about someone being really drunk. Canadians would not say "pissed" on its own unless they were talking about anger. The context is obvious here with the song and the fact that everything else he mentions are the joys of pre Christmastime in London. Mika is "home" in London so he's either referring to his parents' house or it's an inside joke with someone in the band who lives outside of London and hasn't been back to the wife and kids yet. Or maybe he is just talking rubbish as he is wont to do :wink2:

I'm so happy for you :wub2:

It's so bizarre how differently this choir was treated compared to the Manchester one the next day. We never got to watch Mika rehearse/or souncheck with him. And afterwards, no one came to get us and Mika just left :blink: I really would like an explanation from someone, and a geniune one.

I really don't know, that's so strage! In London everyone was always looking for us, we never asked the staff anything because they anticipated us! :shocked:

Thank you for your report. So glad you have special memories to take away with you. :thumb_yello:

I have, thank you :wink2:

Sounds like a perfect day Crick, thanks for sharing. You must have been pleased when Mika made you the leader. I would so love to see Melachi again. She's beautiful.

Yes, I was really proud and nervous at the same time actually! Melachi is lovely, and so well-educated!

I hope too. Just saying that cause I was wondering to myself. I hope it was for another reason, maybe as Karine1111 said, he sang it because he was actually in this mood so it made sense :dunno:

I actually mentioned this as I wouldn’t exclude the possibility of him doing that on purpose. I don’t mean to annoy UK fans on purpose, of course, even though he seems to have managed to, but because he may have thought that the audience consisted of foreign fans mainly. At least that’s what I thought when I read Heather’s review (sorry, forgot the MFC name) and the story of Mika asking the choir how many of them were from the UK and heard that there was one person only. He may have concluded that this gig has attracted fans from all over the world so he could not and should not care :dunno:. It is, of course the wrong conclusion, because his ‘hard core front row’ that follows him around several countries (and that keeps shrinking, actually) is not necessarily representative of the composition of the audience anywhere. He does try to please them / us for sure but he can’t rely on such a small group of people to keep his career going.

M&G by Sumiko Bito in youtube:

So this is all the drama about him being in a bad mood and avoiding fans and being upset that people were moaning about the Glasgow cancellation? :doh:

He seems perfectly fine to me and this signing was about 10x more relaxed and civilized than anything I saw in the US. Asking for people's names to personalize their autographs, chit chatting, smiling, etc. In NYC he was blindly signing his name and left as soon as he could extricate himself from the mob.

I am so grateful for video because my interpretations of a situation and some other people's are very very different. :teehee:

Thanks for posting...and where is Sumiko these days? I mean she was obviously at the Roundhouse but why isn't she on MFC? :naughty:

I enjoyed waving the candles during Uw. Thank you @Buttons for providing them for us. It was lovely meeting @Marina, and Marina, I'm sorry I can't remember if the lady with you was your sister or your daughter, but it was great to meet her too when you both came onto the balcony with us.

We had a great view of the stage and the crowd. Honestly, everyone below was clapping, waving and singing along. The MFCers near the stage wouldn't have seen the crowd, but I could and they loved Mika to bits! The atmosphere was great!

I agree that it was a shame he didn't sing Happy Ending, and it would have been nice to hear some more new songs, but he's never going to satisfy everyone. I think the gig was fantastic, but I didn't hang around for the m&g as I have limited stamina and wanted to save some for Manchester

I am now looking forward to tonight in Manchester.

Hi Marilyn, thank you, it was lovely meeting you and your husband! it was my sister :original:

Thank you very much again to you and Daisy Lou for your help!

My flight had a 2.30 hour delay, so I couldn't be at the box office as planned; but I'm happy, that I arrived in time for the show, which I really enjoyed;

I just hope I didn't bother your husband too much with my singing :D

Thank you and buttonslovesu for the candles, I loved waving and watching them from the circle :wub2:

Hopefully next time we'll have a chance to chat.

M&G by Sumiko Bito in youtube:

Perfect view of my amazing ponytail created by Niko :naughty:

His mood wasn't too bad, but he did seem genuinely apologetic and rather worried when talking about the Glasgow gig. It might have just been my worried interpretation though :naughty: I must say I was shocked at how relaxed it was because for a long time London equalled Chaos.

Thanks for posting...and where is Sumiko these days? I mean she was obviously at the Roundhouse but why isn't she on MFC? :naughty:

Oh the Japanese girls are so lovely and fun to be around. And they totally understood my fascination with Pokemon:mf_rosetinted: Don't know where they are now though:naughty:

So this is all the drama about him being in a bad mood and avoiding fans and being upset that people were moaning about the Glasgow cancellation? :doh:

He seems perfectly fine to me and this signing was about 10x more relaxed and civilized than anything I saw in the US. Asking for people's names to personalize their autographs, chit chatting, smiling, etc. In NYC he was blindly signing his name and left as soon as he could extricate himself from the mob.

I am so grateful for video because my interpretations of a situation and some other people's are very very different. :teehee:

My interpretation was also different. I didn´t think for one minute he was in a bad mood during the whole show, he was nervous at the beginning but I thought he was enjoying the show and afterwards he was relaxed but said clearly that cancelling Glasgow and the two TV shows suck.

I actually mentioned this as I wouldn’t exclude the possibility of him doing that on purpose. I don’t mean to annoy UK fans on purpose, of course, even though he seems to have managed to, but because he may have thought that the audience consisted of foreign fans mainly. At least that’s what I thought when I read Heather’s review (sorry, forgot the MFC name) and the story of Mika asking the choir how many of them were from the UK and heard that there was one person only. He may have concluded that this gig has attracted fans from all over the world so he could not and should not care :dunno:. It is, of course the wrong conclusion, because his ‘hard core front row’ that follows him around several countries (and that keeps shrinking, actually) is not necessarily representative of the composition of the audience anywhere. He does try to please them / us for sure but he can’t rely on such a small group of people to keep his career going.

That's me, there was one other choir member from England, Lucy. We're actually from the same part of England which was a little freaky, we only live about 20 miles apart! He did seem a little surprised that there were only 2 of us out of 9!

Just to add my perspective on this, I'm 100% english but I love it when he sings in french. Un soleil mal lune is a beautiful song and I'm glad he did it. It was different starting a gig with a slow song but he went straight into Grace Kelly to liven it up afterwards!

On a different note, I thought nothing could bring me down after thursday but I've just had an awful Maths test, wanted to cry! But I've cheered myself up by shutting myself in a room with Mika playing full blast over my headphones, catching up on this thread and looking at the pictures, feeling much better now! Origin of Love at top volume is perfect.

You know I agree with you ... I was one of the first people to speak to him when he came out of the gate along with Theresa and Kath ... he seemed fine ... he said he'd bought Moo out to see us ... and I remember saying to him he did realise this was going to be one of those nights when he was going to be ignored while we made a fuss of his dog ... he gave me such a huge smile ... when he signed my ticket I spoke to him about being at the Wogan show the night before and how much I'd enjoyed the John Lennon song ... he said Thank You and glad that we'd enjoyed it ... it was very relaxed and not like other London gigs I've been too ... he took his time with everyone which was surprising considering the late hour ... I enjoyed the gig ... actually I enjoyed the whole day ... I got to the venue at about 7.30am but went for breakfast first - it was really nice all day .... lovely to spend time with everyone and not have to sit out in the cold all day ... I can't say I really was that bothered about him starting with the French song first ... I would have prefered more eye contact ... we didn't really get any and we were very central on the barrier ... I think mostly though that was because we had some very loud guys behind us and he was looking at them mostly :teehee: It wasn't as good as Heaven ... I enjoyed that far more ... but a Mika gig is still an amazing experience for me ... and even a not slightly on par Mika is a far better performer than most I've seen ... but I didn't sense any mood from him ... I had a wonderful time ... I really wish I could have travelled up to Manchester to see him after the Glasgow cancellation ... shame it would have been nice to see him one last time ... worst thing is not knowing when I'm going to see him again ... I really don't like that :no:

My interpretation was also different. I didn´t think for one minute he was in a bad mood during the whole show, he was nervous at the beginning but I thought he was enjoying the show and afterwards he was relaxed but said clearly that cancelling Glasgow and the two TV shows suck.

Of course he's going to say that when someome confronts him about it. But it doesn't seem to me that it's spoiled the gig or his general mood or his meeting with fans.

I am not criticizing anyone because I have done this in the past myself many times, but I think people tend to project their own feelings onto Mika. I did this at the Brixton afterparty because he was mobbed the whole time and it made me very uncomfortable to watch. I was also disappointed because I was certain I was going to meet him for the first time since he stayed at the party for 90 minutes and told everyone to stay where they were so he could get around to all of us. But anyone who didn't jump into the mob didn't get within 6 metres of him. Some of the younglings were crying afterwards because they were so disappointed.

It took me a long time to realize that Mika's boundaries are not my boundaries and that he wasn't traumatized by this mob scene like I was. John was there, his business manager and assistant were there, his whole family was there. They could have protected him or helped control the crowd if it was that bad. It's part of his job to have these overenthusastic fans who won't willingly tear themselves away from him because they are so excited to talk to him. He's used to it.

People read things about Mika they feel are too harsh, they are diappointed about cancellations, maybe they got a crappy view at the gig (or were really annoyed to hear French songs :mf_rosetinted:), maybe they didn't get a chance to meet him...and suddenly Mika is terribly hurt over having to cancel and the things people are saying about it, he's feverishly ill, he's in a bad mood, he's having a fight with his boyfriend or his family.

I wasn't there so I am not saying it was one of his better gigs. I am not saying it isn't a disappointment for him on a professional level to cancel Glasgow or that it's not uncomfortable to have to answer to people about it face to face when he's already read that they are upset. We all have those moments in our working life. But I have watched the videos of many specific incidents people have mentioned as proof that he is upset or in a bad mood and I am not seeing it at all.

He looked comfortable and chatty in many parts of the gig and what he said to Graham Norton sounded sincere to me. When he's speaking to fans he looks extremely patient and even after the discussion with Vicky he smiles and doesn't seem defensive. No one knows what's going on his head obviously but none of the things I've been hearing are evidenced on the surface IMO.

I agree with you Christine. Now that I see it again it seems so different than at the moment itself. Thing is, back then I wasn't looking at him all the time so I didn't see every facial expression.

Still, I feel like lately people have been b*tching a lot and he might not be bothered, but it does annoy the **** out of me. :naughty:

I agree with you Christine. Now that I see it again it seems so different than at the moment itself. Thing is, back then I wasn't looking at him all the time so I didn't see every facial expression.

Still, I feel like lately people have been b*tching a lot and he might not be bothered, but it does annoy the **** out of me. :naughty:

I agree with you both, especially the bolded part

I agree with you both, especially the bolded part

If it annoys you then obviously you are free to say it annoys you. But there is a big difference between us moaning to each other and moaning at Mika. I will intervene if I think that someone has the wrong end of the stick but you know sometimes people have a right to moan. Sometimes they are right or at least they have a reasonable opinion based on the information they've been given.

Being an apologist for him in those situations doesn't protect Mika. When you try to invalidate perfectly valid opinions it just leads to defensiveness and people will continue to try to make their opinion and feelings clear. They will make the same "negative" statements over and over because they feel like they weren't heard the first time, not because they want to continually attack Mika. 99% of the time Mika is not here. We're here to talk to each other, not write open letters to him.

If Mika wants to know what people think about the Glasgow cancellation and decides to go on Twitter or FB or MFC he may as well hear the truth. He should know the consequences of his decisions so he is prepared to mitigate them as best he can.

Did someone say that the m&g was anything but calm and civilised? It was a very relaxed m&g with everyone having their turn. Mika was in excellent form. When he came out the gate he said 'I've just brought Mel out to see you all', of course Mel was mobbed, not Mika. :teehee:

I gave him a little gift and he signed my 'A' for me. Kath asked him why he had cancelled Glasgow and told him a lot of people were very disappointed. He said he was very sorry for that but had been told he had to reduce him engagements to two per week or else this time next year he would have no voice.

He was very relaxed and chatty. :thumb_yello:

If it annoys you then obviously you are free to say it annoys you. But there is a big difference between us moaning to each other and moaning at Mika. I will intervene if I think that someone has the wrong end of the stick but you know sometimes people have a right to moan. Sometimes they are right or at least they have a reasonable opinion based on the information they've been given.

Being an apologist for him in those situations doesn't protect Mika. When you try to invalidate perfectly valid opinions it just leads to defensiveness and people will continue to try to make their opinion and feelings clear. They will make the same "negative" statements over and over because they feel like they weren't heard the first time, not because they want to continually attack Mika. 99% of the time Mika is not here. We're here to talk to each other, not write open letters to him.

If Mika wants to know what people think about the Glasgow cancellation and decides to go on Twitter or FB or MFC he may as well hear the truth. He should know the consequences of his decisions so he is prepared to mitigate them as best he can.

I'm not saying that people should not moan... But I think that anything that anyone would not say TO Mika should be kept in private conversations and not post on TW, FB, MFC or any public sites...

I don't mind people moaning about him but it annoys me when it's repeated constantly for no reason just to be moany, just as much as it annoys me when people continuoilusly say how sexy his chesthair is in none related topics. I understand people like Kath and Vicky be pissed at him for cancelling, but if a bunch of people who weren't even going in the first place call him a liar and sh*t then it annoys me. I think Vicky and kath had every right to question him and he answered, and they are content with it, but many can't stop b*tching even if they have an answer.

You know I'm not one of ghose who feel the need to protect him for no reason at all, but if I question something, I can't help but say it.

I don't mind people moaning about him but it annoys me when it's repeated constantly for no reason just to be moany, just as much as it annoys me when people continuoilusly say how sexy his chesthair is in none related topics. I understand people like Kath and Vicky be pissed at him for cancelling, but if a bunch of people who weren't even going in the first place call him a liar and sh*t then it annoys me. I think Vicky and kath had every right to question him and he answered, and they are content with it, but many can't stop b*tching even if they have an answer.

You know I'm not one of ghose who feel the need to protect him for no reason at all, but if I question something, I can't help but say it.

I bet that sexy chesthaired bastard cancelled the gig just to see you pissed off, Ingster!:mf_rosetinted:

I was joking before he came out that I was gonna ask him for my Megabus fare back ... damn guy owes me £40.00 :mf_rosetinted: He smiled at me and I completely forgot about it :naughty:

I'm not saying that people should not moan... But I think that anything that anyone would not say TO Mika should be kept in private conversations and not post on TW, FB, MFC or any public sites...

Then we may as well shut down all fan sites on every celebrity and Twitter and FB and Youtube comments. I am not going to walk up to Mika and tell him that Blame it on the Weather sucks. He didn't ask my opinion. But other fans want to hear opinions, that's the purpose of a message board. I am not going to walk up to Mika and tell him to stop pandering to France because it's hurting his reputation and delaying his efforts in English markets. It's his decision and he can do whatever he wants. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to talk about it on MFC because it affects me and other fans who want to support him at home instead of importing foreign CDs and flying to another continent to go to a gig. I am not going to walk up to Mika and tell him I love his big brown eyes and almost had a heart attack the first time he looked at me because that would be embarrassing for both of us. It doesn't mean we can't discuss it here.

If you and Ingie want to bitch about the bitchers you are entitled. I've certainly done that myself. But if the standard for what can be discussed on the internet is only things we would say to Mika's face then there's going to be precious little to talk about - positive or negative. I don't know how many times anyone wants to post "Mika's music is amazing". I don't know how many times anyone wants to read that either. The hottest topics on MFC are usually the controversial ones. We all know that other fans love Mika and think he's amazing. We don't need to tell each other that every time we get on the net, especially after all these years.

I bet that sexy chesthaired bastard cancelled the gig just to see you pissed off, Ingster!:mf_rosetinted:

He failed. I wasn't going anyway and so I wasn't affected by it so I had no reason to complain.

I was joking before he came out that I was gonna ask him for my Megabus fare back ... damn guy owes me £40.00 :mf_rosetinted: He smiled at me and I completely forgot about it :naughty:

I would send the bill to the office :glasses2: