2012 - Roundhouse, London, UK - 13 December: REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

guylainem123

Passionate... that's a nice way of putting it :naughty:

:huglove: I like euphemisms.

I do believe it is a culture thing though... in Quebec (and the rest of Canada), we do respect famous people's private time. We do not show up at airports, hotels, restaurants when it isn't a fan related event

I wouldn't show up either and most of adult women in France wouldn't either. People would think you behave like teenagers or you've lost your common sense otherwise :naughty:

Mika may love his fans, but i'm not sure he is that pleased to see people waiting for him at the airport after a 8 hour flight... he probably just wants to get to his hotel & relax like any normal human being.

I would also feel like this

When he came to record in Montreal, we knew exactly where the studio was. None of us showed up at the door, none of us hung around just in case he came out & yes, we know which hotel he stays at & we didn't attempt to disturb his off time.

:hug: well done, girls!

That's just the way it is here. Instead of thinking that the artist feels "unloved" because we didn't bother with him, we show our support by not interfering with his time. He knows we love him, we don't have to show our face to proove it :blush-anim-cl:

Bienvenue au Canada! :naughty:

Passionate... that's a nice way of putting it :naughty:

I do believe it is a culture thing though... in Quebec (and the rest of Canada), we do respect famous people's private time. We do not show up at airports, hotels, restaurants when it isn't a fan related event

Mika may love his fans, but i'm not sure he is that pleased to see people waiting for him at the airport after a 8 hour flight... he probably just wants to get to his hotel & relax like any normal human being.

When he came to record in Montreal, we knew exactly where the studio was. None of us showed up at the door, none of us hung around just in case he came out & yes, we know which hotel he stays at & we didn't attempt to disturb his off time.

That's just the way it is here. Instead of thinking that the artist feels "unloved" because we didn't bother with him, we show our support by not interfering with his time. He knows we love him, we don't have to show our face to proove it :blush-anim-cl:

Bienvenue au Canada! :naughty:

That's debatable... when he came to Korea for the first time in 2009, about 30 ppl went to the airport to greet Mika, with loads of banners and flowers and presents so on.... I saw some vids and he looked so chuffed and enjoyed his fame...he even introduced his crew to the fans and his manager encouraged to fans around to go to him more close, suggesting he'll look at their stuffs while they're with Mika and have their time :aah:

And on his second visit, no one appeared at the airport and he was more like 'WTF?' :lmfao: We say the very first visit after 3 years could be a excuse for the airport greeting.. and think when we say he like or hate the airport greetings, it must depend on his mood.

Funny thing is, After the show last year all securities and crews suggested us to go to the restaurant Mika have dinner after the show, letting us know where this place at and how to go. They even asked fans to go there, and fans said 'No we're not going that private place so shut up and tell us when he would come out of the backstage door' :aah: That was funniest and weird situation ever! And on the next day the local promo team literally broadcasted where he is by twitter, and encouraged fans to come to some specific places and street to see Mika. Of course fans went out to the street, and came across Mika walking around, and Mika signed fans and took pics with all of them. All those things were planned by TM and promo team, but no popstars had done but Mika is only the case did like that.

Edited by Yuna

All those things were planned by TM and promo team, but no popstars had done but Mika is only the case did like that.

Mika encourages all kinds of "crazy" behaviour. I've seen cases where fans of other celebrities were prosecuted for what sounds like common Mika fan behaviour to me. Writing to them every day, declaring undying love, sending gifts, turning up at their house, etc. If you live in a country where people are being arrested for doing this kind of thing you are not necessarily ever going to be comfortable with it no matter how much encouragement you receive.

Also age is a huge factor in my mind. What is totally acceptable at 14 years old or 17 years old is not necessarily acceptable when you're 30 or 40 or more. I saw a video of a woman trying to kiss him at the airport once and he was not even remotely chuffed. :naughty:

Mika encourages all kinds of "crazy" behaviour. I've seen cases where fans of other celebrities were prosecuted for what sounds like common Mika fan behaviour to me. Writing to them every day, declaring undying love, sending gifts, turning up at their house, etc. If you live in a country where people are being arrested for doing this kind of thing you are not necessarily ever going to be comfortable with it no matter how much encouragement you receive.

Also age is a huge factor in my mind. What is totally acceptable at 14 years old or 17 years old is not necessarily acceptable when you're 30 or 40 or more. I saw a video of a woman trying to kiss him at the airport once and he was not even remotely chuffed. :naughty:

That's crazy :sneaky2: Even 14 years girls know that that's rude behavior no one will be happy with that. At that airport greeting (I was not there) 'Don't ever try to touch Mika' was the first ground rule between fans. (one fan broke that rule and asked Mika to hug her, and thankfully he said 'Sorry No', proud he helped the fans to keep the rule) And in Korea there's no fandom culture in mothers age (over 40~), hardly exist over 40~ Mika fans, so can't imagine the difference between ages.

And agree on that Mika encourages all kinds of crazy things to the fans, like stage envasion stuff.. :mf_rosetinted: very dangerous you know...

Edited by Yuna

That's debatable... when he came to Korea for the first time in 2009, about 30 ppl went to the airport to greet Mika, with loads of banners and flowers and presents so on.... I saw some vids and he looked so chuffed and enjoyed his fame...he even introduced his crew to the fans and his manager encouraged to fans around to go to him more close, suggesting he'll look at their stuffs while they're with Mika and have their time :aah:

And on his second visit, no one appeared at the airport and he was more like 'WTF?' :lmfao: We say the very first visit after 3 years could be a excuse for the airport greeting.. and think when we say he like or hate the airport greetings, it must depend on his mood.

Funny thing is, After the show last year all securities and crews suggested us to go to the restaurant Mika have dinner after the show, letting us know where this place at and how to go. They even asked fans to go there, and fans said 'No we're not going that private place so shut up and tell us when he would come out of the backstage door' :aah: That was funniest and weird situation ever! And on the next day the local promo team literally broadcasted where he is by twitter, and encouraged fans to come to some specific places and street to see Mika. Of course fans went out to the street, and came across Mika walking around, and Mika signed fans and took pics with all of them. All those things were planned by TM and promo team, but no popstars had done but Mika is only the case did like that.

it may be debatable whether he enjoyed it or not, but it still isn't something that is done here. And radios giving out info on where to find famous people is unheard of.

Perhaps the local promo team thought it was a great way to promote Mika in your area. :dunno:

I'm not saying one is right & one is wrong, i'm just saying it wouldn't be done here :blush-anim-cl:

it may be debatable whether he enjoyed it or not, but it still isn't something that is done here. And radios giving out info on where to find famous people is unheard of.

Perhaps the local promo team thought it was a great way to promote Mika in your area. :dunno:

I'm not saying one is right & one is wrong, i'm just saying it wouldn't be done here :blush-anim-cl:

yeah If I were a celeb, I might love to go one place far away country and meet hundreds of fans greet me, but if I'm travelling around for months and see ppl surround me at every airport I walk in, I'll be sick of that :naughty: If happens 1~2 times in life it would be happy thing, but if everyday? Noooooo... :mf_rosetinted:

And Mika always stays at the specific hotel and that hotel is just 5 minutes walk from my office...but I had never tried to came across him near there.. (but the band members came to the coffee shop in my office building, and came across them because I WAS THERE but that's their fault, made me totally nuts to see them in a quite place :mf_rosetinted:)

Edited by Yuna

When I talk about the cultural thing I am not saying it is French culture (or any culture) to do this or that. But it is definitely the culture amongst the adult Canadian Mika fans to not greet him at the airport, for example. I don't know anyone who would consider doing this. I also don't know any Londoners who would consider doing this. Whereas large groups of fans in Latin America, Russia and Asia have no qualms about this and view it as a welcoming gesture.

Cultural features vary in different countries. I can say about Russia: it is our traditional welcoming gesture to meet and greet a guest when he (she) arrives in our country. It comes from the Old Times : if a guest is very special to us, very dear or of great importance - we meet him right at the moment he steps on our ground. All official delegations, ambassadors, ministers and foreign presidents are welcoming like this in the airports - a lady dressed up in folk "sarafans" presents bread and salt , which means "you are our dearest guest". ( No vodka at that moment!):wink2:

And we still follow this tradition, no matter how stupid it looks for Western people)))

I`m pretty sure Mika`s aware of that and that`s why he tries to be calm and patient with his fans in other countries. :mikalove:

That's crazy :sneaky2: Even 14 years girls know that that's rude behavior no one will be happy with that. At that airport greeting (I was not there) 'Don't ever try to touch Mika' was the first ground rule between fans. (one fan broke that rule and asked Mika to hug her, and thankfully he said 'Sorry No', proud he helped the fans to keep the rule) And in Korea there's no fandom culture in mothers age (over 40~), hardly exist over 40~ Mika fans, so can't imagine the difference between ages.

And agree on that Mika encourages all kinds of crazy things to the fans, like stage envasion stuff.. :mf_rosetinted:very dangerous you know...

I'm not going to speculate on what Mika does or does not like, except that I doubt there's any consistency to it. Different fans have different ways of expressing themselves, and some might bother him. But from things I've heard him say in some videos around youtube, as well as the occasional death stare, I would say he generally has no problems communicating to people when he thinks they go too far.

But this last part... indeed. I haven't been around for long here, but I've been amazed about his interaction with fans. The Polka Dot Choir (and previously the big girls and lollipop girls and all) are risky in the sense that they have the potential to reduce the quality of a gig. On the other hand, they can also add something, so that seems a calculated risk. But the stage invasions, or even jumping into the crowd... that must be a security guard's worst nightmare! But it never went wrong, at least not really wrong, so he must have an insanely good intuition for how people and groups will react and what the vibe is.

Yes that is my point. It is not a measure of the level of anyone's dedication to Mika, it's all about personal boundaries. And they are different depending on where you grew up, how old you are, what kind of real life responsibilities you have, etc.

I've got a crush on a celeb right now and he works down the street from my office. He had an open house where they invited people to come to the studio last week and he'd be greeting people, etc. He is my age and I've met him before and he's flirty and charming and all that but I still couldn't bring myself to go there. It just seems too weird to go there for no real reason except that you enjoy their work and have taken a personal interest in them. Someone tweeted him a couple of weeks ago with all this fangurly nonsense and ended up saying that "I have you in my sights". On a scale of 1 to 10 on the nutter-tweets-to-Mika scale I would say that this was about a 3 or a 4. A bit weird but nothing threatening. He didn't think so and demanded to know who she was or he was going to block her.

So there are things I will do or say to Mika that I would never anyone else because after 6 years I have seen that Mika's boundaries are a bit looser than most people's. But I still have my own personal boundaries that I'm never going to cross because they make me uncomfortable. It's got nothing to do with how I think other fans should behave.

I'm not going to speculate on what Mika does or does not like, except that I doubt there's any consistency to it. Different fans have different ways of expressing themselves, and some might bother him. But from things I've heard him say in some videos around youtube, as well as the occasional death stare, I would say he generally has no problems communicating to people when he thinks they go too far.

But this last part... indeed. I haven't been around for long here, but I've been amazed about his interaction with fans. The Polka Dot Choir (and previously the big girls and lollipop girls and all) are risky in the sense that they have the potential to reduce the quality of a gig. On the other hand, they can also add something, so that seems a calculated risk. But the stage invasions, or even jumping into the crowd... that must be a security guard's worst nightmare! But it never went wrong, at least not really wrong, so he must have an insanely good intuition for how people and groups will react and what the vibe is.

Yeah When he jumped into the crowds while singing Lovetoday, we could see two security guys got totally frightened and followed Mika immediately :lmfao: Can't believe he jumped into this total crazyness.. :doh: but we enjoyed that and nothing bad happened (except some ppl could be squashed to die)

[YOUTUBE]Jya_NV0uBp4[/YOUTUBE]

Thankfully he is very open minded to fans getting involved to the gig.. without faith and trust he can't do that. So... we need to make and cross our line not to go too far.. :naughty: That's our part.

ok you may be right that it depends on the culture. still, we're not talking about hotels or restaurants or airports here, but about a public appearance, with an audience, that was announced on the internet. imo that's a difference. of course, trying to hug or kiss mika, or holding him up when it's clear he wants to leave is an inacceptable behaviour. but just being there (at a public appearance) and see if he wants to say hi, i see nothing wrong with that. in fact, he was in a much more chatty mood when i met him before the radio bbc thing on wednesday, than he was after the london gig. nina and me stood 5 metres away when he got out of the car, and it was him who stopped and took a step towards us to say hi, and only then we came closer. he does let fans know when he's not in the mood to talk or anything, and if he had gone right inside instead of meeting us, that would've been perfectly ok. actually in this case it was me who more or less ended the conversation shortly after saying hi, by telling him he shouldn't stand outside in the cold for so long, because of his throat! :lmfao: tho i could kick myself for that now, as i didn't get the chance anymore on thursday or friday to tell/ask him what i had wanted to. but whatever. i wasn't there when sephira and her friends met mika, but i can assure you that when we met him, he didn't mind at all that fans were waiting there for him. :wink2: i'm happy though that in this moment we were just 2, as if there had been 10 fans, he probably wouldn't have offered to get us inside, as it would've been a lot harder than just with 2 people. :teehee:

How I could read your posts Rose without internet on Wednesday? :doh: I don't follow you on Twitter, if I had to follow all Mika fans it's something to become mad :naughty:

I can't use 3G abroad on my phone because it costs 1€ per MB, it is really expensive. I need a free wifi connection. I could connect to the MFC in the evening after the BBC show when I went into a McDonald's.

Mika had already for some time now unfortunately voice problems, he just needs to rest in not forcing not on his vocal cords.

"Disrespectful" to see someone sick :blink: in my culture you ask someone if he goes well or better when he is sick we don't let people sick at home alone without worrying of them. Mika is very polite and friendly, but if he doesn't want to see anyone he enter and comes directly out by making a small gesture to say hello and goodbye.

I would dig up the posts when I have a little more time but I remember to have read in several threads on MFC, that what Mika was doing before the third album when he was writing was "s***" . May be for you it is normal to say that when you don't love something but I always learn that it's bad to say something is s*** and say that you don't love that and if you want you could explain why :fisch:

I would dig up the posts when I have a little more time but I remember to have read in several threads on MFC, that what Mika was doing before the third album when he was writing was "s***" . May be for you it is normal to say that when you don't love something but I always learn that it's bad to say something is s*** and say that you don't love that and if you want you could explain why :fisch:

I have no idea what you are talking about but I have never read anything on MFC that is "hateful". Hateful is calling someone a faggot for example.

Someone else implied the other day that conversations on MFC are as bad as Mika hate sites and that's utter nonsense. I get email every day from YouTube saying hateful things about him. No one on here ever talks like that.

It was me who said this but not quite the way you remembered. In fact, what I wrote was that in order for a slow song to work as a show starter at a pop concert he'd either have to impress the audience with his voice (which he couldn't this time, due to his illness) or by the meaning of the song- something the British audience had no clue of. The reason it worked in France is exactly the reason why it did not in the UK. So, you basically confirmed what I wrote:teehee:

Yes, you're right ! We basically said the same :naughty: It's not always easy to express what you exactly want to say in another language :teehee:

If he did that song as a " thumb nose" to Londoners, like you say, it makes me question his sanity, to be honest. I hope you are not right about that.

I hope too. Just saying that cause I was wondering to myself. I hope it was for another reason, maybe as Karine1111 said, he sang it because he was actually in this mood so it made sense :dunno:

Different countries, different customs. UK is respectful , French don't have consideration for a man who is ill an should be resting. UK , like mum, knows best.

Please, don't generalize, thank you :wink2: This is not very respectful for French people, don't you think ?!

I love the song Un soleil mal luné, but I was a little shocked that in UK he start the show with this song and it made me laugh at the same time because I was sure that on MFC in this thread I will find comments on this topic :naughty:

Why are you saying that Eva ?? It's not really laughable when we know his situation in the UK and when we read reviews like the Evening Standard's one about that specific choice he made. I don't think Brits fans commented about this because they were jaleous he started with a French song but tried to debate about the whole meanings and the consequences about that...

Something shock me more, this is what I found the day before this gig. Lots of UK fans were in London, Mika was at The Union Chapel no one come to see him :blink:

Mika saw 3 French fans (I was one of them), the day before the gig at the artists entrance of the Union Chapel. We went to see Mika, say him hello and ask him if he was fine. When we arrived around 5pm we were the only fans. We waited and when Mika came out we were still 3 fans. Mika invited us to the BBC unless we have asked him nothing. When we returned to find our invitations we return to the entrance of the artists we haven't seen any fans of Mika wait and the exit after the show there was no British fans :doh:

I won't say more about that. I totally agree with Christine, Guylaine and all the other posts saying the same.

I think it must be everyone's choice. You can't blame the UK fans for that, Eva.

Even if I would live in Paris, I never would have waited for him like you or some other French fans do, when he does radio or TV promo in paris and you guys are everywhere :naughty: It's your choice, you vision of being a fan, but not mine :wink2: And it's nothing to deal with the French culture or not, but also with people personality's.

I like seeing him after a show, to think him and chat with him. I only saw him once before a show, it was at the Cirque d'Hiver, and I didn't felt comfortable at all. We were many fans, and TM said not to ask him to sign autographs because he was in a rush, but more than half of the people who were there asked to him, despite they already have plenty of autographs, and Mika didn't said no... :blink: I was very uncomfortable so I stood back to watch all that and told to myself I prefer see him after the show, and this is what I do now. And I'm totally fine with that. It's my point of view and the way I want to experience the fan thing. But everyone can choose its own.

This is really hard from you to say that, because that means you think he doesn't have enough support from the other UK fans and you thought fortunately, the French fans were there to welcome him, because the UK ones weren't. That insulting for them :sneaky2:

You should have enjoyed the fact of beeing only 3 fans around him ! :naughty:

I don't understand why you are reacting like this. If you are ok with waiting for Mika outside a radio show and have time for it, and if you managed to meet him and show him you were there to support him, good for you. But not everybody can do that or even wants to do that. Our main way of supporting him is still by buying his music and attending his gigs. Roundhouse was sold out so I think British fans were there when needed. You don't have to wait for him before or after a show to call yourself a fan.

Couldn't agree more with you, Camille :fisch:

Finally I note that you can't stand criticism when you don't stop making disparaging criticism on the French fans, the fact that Mika done concerts in France, he speaks French at concerts in France and in countries that are francophone and he did songs in French :annoyed_h4h:

He has done more promotion in Britain for his album than in France, but you don't have to prevent you from saying the opposite, constantly blaming Mika :shocked:

I think it's not the point here.

This is not about criticism on the French fans... Or we haven't read the same topic... :dunno:

The fact we talked about some people being disapointed about having "Un soleil mal luné" as an opening act has nothing to deal with the French fans or with the fact Mika is doing many gigs in France. It's about Mika starting singing in another language than English when he is performing in a London gig.

He could have started with a song totally in Italian, it would have been the same sensation for part of the audience, don't you think ? :naughty:

And please, don't stir up the tensions between Brits and French fans, we don't need this... :wink2:

Edited by French Deb

Ps: WRONG THREAD, Tony Wogan thread.

Who da f*ck is Tony?:mf_rosetinted:

Anyway, I doubt he's lost sleep over the fact that not many people waited for him. I personally never want to go to his hotel, or the airport or any private place where he's at unless I'm invited. And I know that in Holland it's the norm not to do this, at least what Mika's concerned.

I have no problem with waiting for him at a public appearance, I did it last time he was here to do a tv show, but that was mainly because we wanted to get in and therefore arrived early, and he happened to arrive where we were standing. He took pictures with everyone, and then said he was late for soundcheck. And so I walked away with no picture, until Niko shouted: "Ingrid, what are you doing? Can she take a picture with you please?" and he said of course. I just felt very awkward to "bother" him even though he didn't mind. However, I have no need to be at every promotional event that's near me. I could have gone to the Q-music showcase in Belgium if I wanted to, as it's just as close to Amsterdam, but I couldn't be bothered. The fact that some choose to do so and be at every event doesn't make them better than I am. The fact that some think it's normal to go to airports and hotels doesn't make me think it's okay.

And despite the fact that I don't really care if he goes to France a lot, I can imagine other people who don't get to see him as often are pissed off by this. That doesn't make them jealous of France and the fact that he goes to France that often, doesn't make French fans better than any other fans around. We all have our way of supporting him, but just because you turn up so many times that he knows your face doesn't make you more important. I think some need to set their priorities straight.

You know, I have never ever stalked him or gone even near to his hotels, house, airports or radio stations and I feel very uncomfortable you call the fans who went to the BBC concert that name. I think 5 (?) fans went to Union Chapel and just asked if there are any spares? Nothing wrong with that I guess, because the people who went there alone had one spare ticket each (and using that was not away from anyone). I was arriving late so I knew I was too late to ask any spares and I went to the venue just to meet Karin (who was late too) at the time they were already closing doors. Suddenly Mika was in front of us. WE didn't even think he would arrive that late. We didn't ask him to let us in, he chatted a bit and told us that maybe he could let us in (and we were asked in soon after that). He probably knew we would love to see the concert (naturally). He was very nice to us and didn't try to avoid us at all, on the contrary.

It was a full concert for a live audience and Mika had decided he is well enough to do it so I didn't have a feeling we were disturbing him at all. He did only two songs as most artists there but I enjoyed the whole concert. It was very christmassy and the venue is really lovely. It was a public appearance and would be very weird if he minds some fans seeing concerts like that :blink: He asked us in just because of our good timing, we really didn't expect it in advance.

Edited by tiibet

So I came back home late yesterday evening and had to deal with my family during the day today. Now I take the time to write my report even if I didn´t read any reports yet. Maybe everything was said and I only repeat it here :dunno:

My trip to London started on Wednesday at 6.30 am by train to the airport Frankfurt where I got a call from Graciosa who wanted to fly from Munich and she told me her flight was delayed because of the bad weather in London. Short after her call my flight also got delayed and so we waited and waited and hoped that the flights wouldn´t be cancelled ( which happened to the flights after mine ). But we were lucky and arrived London, Graciosa was a bit earlier and waited for me to get the luggage and then we went to our hotel. It was already late afternoon and we decided to have a cup of coffee before we joined Treasa and Laurel at Union Chapel. It was so lovely to see them again and to meet Lara for the first time. As you all know Treasa got tickets for all five of us and we got inside to enjoy a wonderful Christmas show. I clearly can say we enjoyed every single act and not only Mika. Mellody and Nina came a little later and sat pretty near to us so seven MFC ´iers were on the right side of the stage and made a lot of noise everytime Mika got mentioned and I think people knew soon why we were there :teehee:. It was so good to see Mika on stage for a few minutes but it was clear that he would leave the venue directly after his songs as there wasn´t an interview or something else. I really loved the performance of Brian May and his singer Kerry Allen? ( have to google her ) and I think I want to buy their music. When the gig was over we wnet back to the backstage entrance to look if other MFC ´iers were there and met Statue, Maggy and Sephira there. Then Graciosa and me went to the Mc Donalds on the other side of the road to eat something before we went back to the hotel. Mellody, Nina and Statue joined us soon and we all went to the hotel together where we met Miri and Fran. We talked a bit about we wanted to go to the queue and then went to bed.

This was our first day in London :wink2:

On Thursday morning we slept until 9.00 am had a nice relaxed breakfast, got ready and then arrived at the Roundhouse around 11.00 am and got numbers 16 to 20 and enjoyed this nice warm queueing ( which was good because I have got a bladder infection a few days earlie,r ). It was so nice to meet some of my Oldlings and all the other MFC ´iers some again and some for the first time. This is what I always enjoy at the queue to meet all the people and have a chat.

Thank you so much to Treasa and Buttons for the decoration for our hats and the lovely candles. I think it looked really well during Underwater.

At 4.00 pm we went outside to built a proper queue and security who wanted to built the barriers around 6.00 pm decides to built the barriers earlier to help the queue. The numbersysthem worked very well and we got frontrow on the right side. I can´t say much to the Dj´s as I didn´t really listened to them, I was fascinated by the venue which is a wonderful building.

And now the gig. I really got excited when the lights went down and the snowmachines started and the intro came out of the speakers, I filmed it and you can see it on the vid. Then Mika came on stage and we could see how nervous he was, before he started to sing he took a deep breath. When he started to sing Une Soleil La Lune I only thought " Wow, you dare devil! Is this the kind of scandal you want to read in the British press about you? " but I loved the song as I didn´t had the chance to hear it live before. I´m sure a lot of people liked it even it was London where he played it ( of course not all ). He sung song after song without chatting between the songs but I thought he didn´t feel like talking because of the press there. After the first song Rose wanted us to hold cards with letters in front of the stage, the first sentence he could read was " Welcome home Mika " but I think he was to nervous and busy to read it even the photographers were there at that time. When he sung OOL we showed him another sentence " The Origin Is You " and he saw it and took the O hid it under his shirt and opened the shirt very slowly which was a nice effect. I thin he sung EMD because it worked so well all over Europe and he is proud of that song. Before Stardust a guy threw a cap and a letter with 25 pennies on stage and he commented that and called the cap crap which was very nice but I already saw him much ruder in Colmar where someone threw a pink donkey on stage.

I really loved this gig even it´s not my number one gig ( it is clearly Munich 2012 ) but I think it was really energetic and the voice wasn´t that bad as I expected after cancelling Glasgow and I had a lot of fun during the gig. Mellody told me afterwards that she missed a bit of the magic but for me it was there, maybe because I only saw him four times this year and I enjoy seeing him live so much.

During the gig he said something about " pissed weekend " and later when he came outside to sign some things he said that the cancelling a few things suck so much that I think both mentioned relate together, he hates the fact he dissappointed lots of people.

When the gig was over we went to the backstage entrance and waited quite a while in the cold until Mika came out with Melachi and Thomas. When he had left again all we wanted was to take a taxi back to the hotel and get some food. The guy in the hotel offered us to make some pizza for us and so we sat there at 3.30 am and ate pizza and drunk some beer which I never did at this time before. I was in a very good mood when I went to bed.

On Friday Miri, her brother, Graciosa and me did some sightseeing with Fran and had lots of fun together. I always will remember these days and nights and I´m so happy I could do it. Hopefully we will be able to do it again in the future.

Thanks for your nice reports Sabine :huglove:

You know, I have never ever stalked him or gone even near to his hotels, house, airports or radio stations and I feel very uncomfortable you call the fans who went to the BBC concert that name. I think 5 (?) fans went to Union Chapel and just asked if there are any spares? Nothing wrong with that I guess, because the people who went there alone had one spare ticket each (and using that was not away from anyone). I was arriving late so I knew I was too late to ask any spares and I went to the venue just to meet Karin (who was late too) at the time they were already closing doors. Suddenly Mika was in front of us. WE didn't even think he would arrive that late. We didn't ask him to let us in, he chatted a bit and told us that maybe he could let us in (and we were asked in soon after that). He probably knew we would love to see the concert (naturally). He was very nice to us and didn't try to avoid us at all, on the contrary.

It was a full concert for a live audience and Mika had decided he is well enough to do it so I didn't have a feeling we were disturbing him at all. He did only two songs as most artists there but I enjoyed the whole concert. It was very christmassy and the venue is really lovely. It was a public appearance and would be very weird if he minds some fans seeing concerts like that :blink: He asked us in just because of our good timing, we really didn't expect it in advance.

Oh Nina, don't worry :huglove: I don't think everyone here thought you or Karin or the other fans who were there at the Union Chapel were stalking him. Of course you weren't :wink2:

The debate just came on as a reaction on Eva's post :wink2: But it was a more general debate.

oooh it got hot in here! :aah:

Who da f*ck is Tony?:mf_rosetinted:

Anyway, I doubt he's lost sleep over the fact that not many people waited for him. I personally never want to go to his hotel, or the airport or any private place where he's at unless I'm invited. And I know that in Holland it's the norm not to do this, at least what Mika's concerned.

I have no problem with waiting for him at a public appearance, I did it last time he was here to do a tv show, but that was mainly because we wanted to get in and therefore arrived early, and he happened to arrive where we were standing. He took pictures with everyone, and then said he was late for soundcheck. And so I walked away with no picture, until Niko shouted: "Ingrid, what are you doing? Can she take a picture with you please?" and he said of course. I just felt very awkward to "bother" him even though he didn't mind. However, I have no need to be at every promotional event that's near me. I could have gone to the Q-music showcase in Belgium if I wanted to, as it's just as close to Amsterdam, but I couldn't be bothered. The fact that some choose to do so and be at every event doesn't make them better than I am. The fact that some think it's normal to go to airports and hotels doesn't make me think it's okay.

And despite the fact that I don't really care if he goes to France a lot, I can imagine other people who don't get to see him as often are pissed off by this. That doesn't make them jealous of France and the fact that he goes to France that often, doesn't make French fans better than any other fans around. We all have our way of supporting him, but just because you turn up so many times that he knows your face doesn't make you more important. I think some need to set their priorities straight.

Yes i think that he does very well at sharing his caring ---to all the fans he knows and those doesn't so well --- we all need to be careful we don't expect too much sometimes - i agree Ingie :wink2:

It was great he did this for you -- :wink2: and no way i think you would have been anything but respectful!

And now the gig. I really got excited when the lights went down and the snowmachines started and the intro came out of the speakers, I filmed it and you can see it on the vid. Then Mika came on stage and we could see how nervous he was, before he started to sing he took a deep breath. When he started to sing Une Soleil La Lune I only thought " Wow, you dare devil! Is this the kind of scandal you want to read in the British press about you? " but I loved the song as I didn´t had the chance to hear it live before. I´m sure a lot of people liked it even it was London where he played it ( of course not all ). He sung song after song without chatting between the songs but I thought he didn´t feel like talking because of the press there. After the first song Rose wanted us to hold cards with letters in front of the stage, the first sentence he could read was " Welcome home Mika " but I think he was to nervous and busy to read it even the photographers were there at that time. When he sung OOL we showed him another sentence " The Origin Is You " and he saw it and took the O hid it under his shirt and opened the shirt very slowly which was a nice effect. I thin he sung EMD because it worked so well all over Europe and he is proud of that song. Before Stardust a guy threw a cap and a letter with 25 pennies on stage and he commented that and called the cap crap which was very nice but I already saw him much ruder in Colmar where someone threw a pink donkey on stage.

I really loved this gig even it´s not my number one gig ( it is clearly Munich 2012 ) but I think it was really energetic and the voice wasn´t that bad as I expected after cancelling Glasgow and I had a lot of fun during the gig. Mellody told me afterwards that she missed a bit of the magic but for me it was there, maybe because I only saw him four times this year and I enjoy seeing him live so much.

During the gig he said something about " pissed weekend " and later when he came outside to sign some things he said that the cancelling a few things suck so much that I think both mentioned relate together, he hates the fact he dissappointed lots of people.

When the gig was over we went to the backstage entrance and waited quite a while in the cold until Mika came out with Melachi and Thomas. When he had left again all we wanted was to take a taxi back to the hotel and get some food. The guy in the hotel offered us to make some pizza for us and so we sat there at 3.30 am and ate pizza and drunk some beer which I never did at this time before. I was in a very good mood when I went to bed.

On Friday Miri, her brother, Graciosa and me did some sightseeing with Fran and had lots of fun together. I always will remember these days and nights and I´m so happy I could do it. Hopefully we will be able to do it again in the future.

Yes i totally agree with this and i do think it has spoiled the dates for him a little in UK having to cancel Glasgow - he was very serious about this afterwards and apologetic ..... and grateful we came to London--- and others.:wink2:

Glad you had a great trip. I'm looking forward to hearing about Fran's experiences as well. Really wish I'd gotten the chance to meet you both but maybe next time.

Oh Nina, don't worry :huglove: I don't think everyone here thought you or Karin or the other fans who were there at the Union Chapel were stalking him. Of course you weren't :wink2:

The debate just came on as a reaction on Eva's post :wink2: But it was a more general debate.

:thumb_yello: Obviously anyone who has the chance to go to a performance is going to take it. We're talking about wanting to be somewhere Mika is just to say hi. And you know, to each their own.

One more thing on the mentality of the English and foreign languages. A tweet today from Ricky Gervais (whose father was French Canadian) says it all.

@rickygervais “@Bloolemoney: would you prefer to be able to speak every language....or talk to animals?”

I'm English so the first one is sorted. Animals.

I'm not sure what the point of the choir is - not just here but at the other gigs too - maybe it would have helped if we could have heard them properly.

Maybe. Or maybe not :wink2:

I just remembered as he was signing it to show him my phone case (http://pics.lockerz.com/s/268942405) I had it made and he said it was amazing :biggrin2: and thanked me for coming.

So yeah, best day of my life ever.

Lovely. How did you make it? It really is amazing!

And I'm so glad you had such a brilliant time.

However, I agree that he should play more of the new songs. But that is a criticism of the whole tour, not especially for London.

I loved it, that in Munich all the crowd knew all the words to nearly everything.

:

Please, don't generalize, thank you :wink2: This is not very respectful for French people, don't you think ?!

And please, don't stir up the tensions between Brits and French fans, we don't need this... :wink2:

VERY TRUE

oooh it got hot in here! :aah:

Maybe we could try to be a little more friendly here?