mari62

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for sharing your photos Sephira :thumb_yello:

I didn't take any, as soon as I took out my camera I was asked to put it away. :teehee: The security was quite strict.

Might that have had something to do with your camera :fisch:

Thank you all for reports, pics, vids, etc., and of course also for the company. It was a great night despite the cold after the show outside (totally worth it).

:wub2:

Thanks to Nanou and daeni for your offers to drive me back... :huglove:

Agree, loved it! :thumb_yello:

That was indeed so funny! :roftl:

:naughty:

I bet Le Ri is me :mf_rosetinted: I'm just kidding, no worries... :wink2:

Yes, he said so and I hadn't even asked him about dates in Spain, so I think it's quite probable that he's doing it. It's a festival though, not a proper gig. He said date and city, but also said it was not confirmed yet, so...

Here's a short vid I took of Underwater: http://www.gigasize.com/get/n0ogc7nqnbc

Yes sorry - I knew I was missing a letter somewhere!

Thank you girls for your reports, vids and pics!! :wub2: They cheered me up!

And thanks Kath and Leire for the amazing news about a possible "festival" in Spain! I hope that it will be confirmed.

Fingers crossed for you. :thumb_yello:

now even the rest of my photos from the second camera, have gotten better I think. thank you for all your pictures and reports

ccbvepqz.jpg

9edk2tpn.jpg

n4ee4p57.jpg

z9x5unxq.jpg

7uwqv3v9.jpg

d2zlgso2.jpg

nsp5gzyi.jpg

4euvbsup.jpg

4vj2amxe.jpg

kmoz58tr.jpg

ik6e7z4n.jpg

iho8sfhj.jpg

joa64ulq.jpg

c4zl74fe.jpg

4wl4l9sd.jpg

d5ed7ys5.jpg

thnnfk7i.jpg

xy5jojrp.jpg

3vqrl349.jpg

Thanks everyone for your pics and reports :wink2:

I must admit it's been a great night!! It was my first gig since july 2011 and I'm absolutely happy he came to Switzerland one more time! The audience in the french part of Switzerland is always VERY reactive to his music and it's a wonderful sensation to hear thousand of people singing during the whole gig! There's always such a great interaction between him and the audience here :wub2:

now I only wish he'll finally do a proper gig around here and not only festivals :mf_rosetinted:

I've been really happy to welcome some MFCers at my place and to meet or see again others at the gig! it's always such a pleasure!

I came to the festival only at 6.30 pm as I know swiss people are not really the kind of people who love waiting for hours before a gig (especially when they've been skiing or working during the day :teehee:) and took all my time to visit the festival before reaching the stage a moment before Nelly Furtado was on. As I was 2nd row I had a perpect spot and it was great! I absolutely loved her performance and it's been a great surprise for me! She's really communicative and the audience was on fire during her show, i loved it!

As I'm not very convinced with Mika's 3rd album, I was happy to hear some of the new songs live and make my opinion about how they sound. In the whole i've been positively surprised and i'm glad about that.

As I said on twitter I've been quite disappointed with the musicians though... They're absolutely transparent on the stage, never have a single look to the audience and most of all don't communicate between them nor follow Mika... I had the impression HE was following them all the time and I did not really like this impression...They completely ruined the "like a fish out of water" etcc. part in Lola. to such a extend that Mika had to stop singing.... :blink: and the completely failed the beginning of Popular too...

I don't think the general audience noticed anything, nor cared about how transparent they were though but, as I've experienced how joyfull and colorfoul the shows were with Jimmy, imma, Cherisse, etc., on stage, I'm pretty dispointed with the actual team... anyway Mika was great and I had a lot of fun which is the most important :naughty:

I've not made a lot of pictures but here they are:

https://picasaweb.google.com/114166420167457370628/MikaCapricesFestival15032013?authuser=0&feat=directlink

and here are some videos:

a part of Underwater: http://youtu.be/9dpsle5rfQQ

Mika speaking: http://youtu.be/GGwvs69qGao

(basically he's saying that he always feels like being naked on stage when he starts a tour and thanks the audience for making him feel perfectly relaxed)

and a part of lollipop: http://youtu.be/UjVXRrvRn20

Edited by Nanou

As I said on twitter I've been quite disappointed with the musicians though... They're absolutely transparent on the stage, never have a single look to the audience and most of all don't communicate between them nor follow Mika... I had the impression HE was following them all the time and I did not really like this impression...They completely ruined the "like a fish out of water" etcc. part in Lola. to such a extend that Mika had to stop singing.... :blink: and the completely failed the beginning of Popular too...

hm, i'd love to see a video of those band failures... do you think it could've been because of the drummer? the drums are the "heartbeat" of the songs and if the drummer messes it up, it's likely to affect the whole band. they've always been playing really well when i saw them last year, but the drummer is new and it sounded like they had only one rehearsal with him - given that, i guess we can be glad that he didn't mess up more than 2 songs. :teehee:

anyway, thanks for your report/pix/videos! :flowers2:

hm, i'd love to see a video of those band failures... do you think it could've been because of the drummer? the drums are the "heartbeat" of the songs and if the drummer messes it up, it's likely to affect the whole band. they've always been playing really well when i saw them last year, but the drummer is new and it sounded like they had only one rehearsal with him - given that, i guess we can be glad that he didn't mess up more than 2 songs. :teehee:

anyway, thanks for your report/pix/videos! :flowers2:

Unfortunately I wasn't filming when it happened and I don't know if anyone else was. :dunno:

I can't say if it was because of the drummer... Mika didn't go directly to him when it happened but went to the keyboard player instead. Anyway as I said it was my first experience with the new band and it looks like i've been the only one disturbed with this so maybe i was just expecting too much of them :teehee:

This has been a truly amazing gig!!! Loved absolutely everything about it, the energy was incredible and the performance of each song was brilliant. The concet started with Un Soleil Mal Luné. As I've said many times before I adore this song! Mika performed it so beautifully, it was the perfect way to open the show:wub2::wub2:

The connection between Mika and the audience was great! I was very happy to see that everyone was singing along all the time. He really deserves to have a responsive and super supportive audience.

Before Billy Brown (which by the way is always one of my most favorite songs to listen to live) he talked about the Téléthon auction and explained that the person who won the piano lesson with him is actually from Switzerland.He also mentioned the twin piano teachers he had in Paris as a kid. This was a cool moment of the show and I think I have it on video. Will try to upload that during this week.

Before Celebrate he talked about how nerve wracking the feeling of the start of the tour is and said that this feeling had disappeared thanks to this gig's audience. You can see that on Dani's video. The intro and performance of Celebrate was one of the best moments of the gig. Beautiful and heartwarming! :wub2:

This concert really made me smile so much! It was a truly brilliant first show of the year and soooo much fun! Huge thanks to Mika for this super amazing gig!!!

Unfortunately I wasn't filming when it happened and I don't know if anyone else was. :dunno:

I can't say if it was because of the drummer... Mika didn't go directly to him when it happened but went to the keyboard player instead. Anyway as I said it was my first experience with the new band and it looks like i've been the only one disturbed with this so maybe i was just expecting too much of them :teehee:

Thanks for your report Nanou.

Personally I think that the wobbles were probably down to the lack of rehersal.:mf_rosetinted:

Edited by kath

This has been a truly amazing gig!!! Loved absolutely everything about it, the energy was incredible and the performance of each song was brilliant. The concet started with Un Soleil Mal Luné. As I've said many times before I adore this song! Mika performed it so beautifully, it was the perfect way to open the show:wub2::wub2:

The connection between Mika and the audience was great! I was very happy to see that everyone was singing along all the time. He really deserves to have a responsive and super supportive audience.

Before Billy Brown (which by the way is always one of my most favorite songs to listen to live) he talked about the Téléthon auction and explained that the person who won the piano lesson with him is actually from Switzerland.He also mentioned the twin piano teachers he had in Paris as a kid. This was a cool moment of the show and I think I have it on video. Will try to upload that during this week.

Before Celebrate he talked about how nerve wracking the feeling of the start of the tour is and said that this feeling had disappeared thanks to this gig's audience. You can see that on Dani's video. The intro and performance of Celebrate was one of the best moments of the gig. Beautiful and heartwarming! :wub2:

This concert really made me smile so much! It was a truly brilliant first show of the year and soooo much fun! Huge thanks to Mika for this super amazing gig!!!

Thanks for your report Louiza. It is always good to learn what Mika has actually said during a gig as unfortunately I understand very little at the time. :doh:

Edited by kath

I don't think the general audience noticed anything, nor cared about how transparent they were though but, as I've experienced how joyfull and colorfoul the shows were with Jimmy, imma, Cherisse, etc., on stage, I'm pretty dispointed with the actual team... anyway Mika was great and I had a lot of fun which is the most important :naughty:

I indeed with Nanou the band of today is much less visible like 2010. But I'm pretty sure that is the decision from Mika. He want to stay in the center of the stage. And if any artist could catch the audience without "a jumping backround girl" it is him. :naughty:

And with all the small audiences he had the last month this concept worked very well. Even when I really loved when he put Joy in front of the stage at Lovebox for Celebrate. She was as energetic as Mika! :wub2: But he dediced to no repeat that. We could blame this on Mika but on the bandmembers.

At Caprice we had also a very very high and hugh stage, very far away. Even Mika was only in YouTube size for me when he was on stage at the piano or on the other side from the stage, only when he danced on the steps he was great to see. And he put his band very backwards. :wink2:

In case of Popular, I think he would sing the faster version and the band started with the slower one. And the problems at Lola I didn't regnordnized. But do we really expect these perfection at a live show? I'm not. Also 2010 there were no 100% perfection and the most of the failures made Mika himself, so in Basel where he forgot the lyric for Toy Boy three times - one of my favs versions for a long time. :fisch:

I filmed and uploaded Popular:

I really loved Popular at Caprice like the whole show. The audience where fantastic like always. No matter he played in Basel, Zurich, Arbon or Crans Montana.

I'm uploading more videos but it will take ages, one more is on Youtube so far:

from the surprise gig the day before where he started with Toy Boy :wub2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-qYIxhqCoo

And thank you everyone for report, videos and pics!

Edited by Graciosa

I indeed with Nanou the band of today is much less visible like 2010. But I'm pretty sure that is the decision from Mika. He want to stay in the center of the stage. And if any artist could catch the audience without "a jumping backround girl" it is him. :naughty:

And with all the small audiences he had the last month this concept worked very well. Even when I really loved when he put Joy in front of the stage at Lovebox for Celebrate. She was as energetic as Mika! :wub2: But he dediced to no repeat that. We could blame this on Mika but on the bandmembers.

At Caprice we had also a very very high and hugh stage, very far away. Even Mika was only in YouTube size for me when he was on stage at the piano or on the other side from the stage, only when he danced on the steps he was great to see. And he put his band very backwards. :wink2:

In case of Popular, I think he would sing the faster version and the band started with the slower one. And the problems at Lola I didn't regnordnized. But do we really expect these perfection at a live show? I'm not. Also 2010 there were no 100% perfection and the most of the failures made Mika himself, so in Basel where he forgot the lyric for Toy Boy three times - one of my favs versions for a long time. :fisch:

I filmed and uploaded Popular:

I really loved Popular at Caprice like the whole show. The audience where fantastic like always. No matter he played in Basel, Zurich, Arbon or Crans Montana.

I'm uploading more videos but it will take ages, one more is on Youtube so far:

from the surprise gig the day before where he started with Toy Boy :wub2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-qYIxhqCoo

And thank you everyone for report, videos and pics!

Thank you. The secret gig must have been fantastic! He is SO infuriating though! It is SO annoying to know that we only just missed it - because we knew nothing about it :doh:

Mind you - Mika told Theresa that he had read her tweet in which she moaned about it! :naughty:

Mika speaking:

[YOUTUBE]GGwvs69qGao[/YOUTUBE]

(basically he's saying that he always feels like being naked on stage when he starts a tour and thanks the audience for making him feel perfectly relaxed)

Thanks a lot for sharing !! The Mika's speach is very cute !! :wub2:

:bow:Hope somebody translate... please !!