Caprices Festival, Switzerland -15 March 2013: REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

mari62

please can someone upload these 2 videos into youtube? It's stuck all the time:aah:

http://www.20min.ch/ro/musique/dossi...story/24805043

http://www.20min.ch/ro/musique/dossi...dredi-12375658

I've uploaded them (I don't want to put them on YT because of Copyright :sneaky2:):

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0gj5u6wr8upqt0c

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ub8nfp8os5xcy82

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello!

I'm back in Munich, so I try a little report about Crans Montana.

First, Mika was great and he really got the audience. I have no idea how much people went into the tend, but it seems full (from my position) and the people loved him and he was happy about this - I think to play at a festival is always a little risk.

How is was written he started with Un Soleil mal Luné. Personal for me the worst song :teehee: - it's such a french song from the melody to the text (and shame on me I can't any french).

So my start was Grace Kelly - and with this song he had had the audience on his side. :thumb_yello: It was a really great vibe in the tend!

I don't renember the in which line he played his songs, he did it with a lot of energy (like always). And he was quit chaty, but in french of course, so I can't tell about it.

From TOOL he played POPULAR, which was really great: I tried to film and I'm not sure, but I think it was the faster new version. The people loved also the new songs, like also Underwater, Celebrate and I only love you when I'm drunk. :naughty:

And finished the show with Lollipold and We are Golden. I really love Lollipop like at the beginning.

The show was the same like last year, without Felix and the choir. :wink2:

Only he had enough plance to put all things he have on stage. The stage was very very high, very far away but with steps and he came a lot of time to the steps.

I can't say anything about Brad, I didn't saw him from my place, I only took a photo from him at the end. But to put photos here I have not enough time now.

The day before: :wub2:

When I came back from skiing at the hotel I got a facebook message from a fan and friend who told me, that me will come surprisly at the after ski apre bar, at 17:15 and I read this message at 16:30 - with no idea where this bar could be. :blink:

O.k., to make it short, we got it! At 17:23 we came to a bar, where some poeple waited, I asked a lady from press who will play, and she (with the face and voice: YOU don't know this man:) MIKA! So we managed the 3rd row and some minutes later Mika went out and began with Toy Boy! I never tought about this long live about Toy Boy :wub2:, I really loved it! I think he did 6 songs - incuding Billy Brown and IlYWID... The where a little group really hardcore fans who jumped and sung along (but I didn't saw they in the first row at the concert....).

After this surprise gig, where Mika also where in good mood and he also spoke with us, including the question which language and he seemed surprised there where not more Italian fans, but I answered with a very loud JA, when he asked if there where German spoker there. But he than he "only" spoke french, :sneaky he came out after about 10 minutes. A lot of people (for a gig like this) waited for him, and only this 10 minutes to where soooo cold to wait!

In this minutes I decided for no queing this time for the gig the day after. This was my second time Mika gig without queing after my first Mika gig ever in November 2007, where I came after 8 pm. :doh: O.k., we came at 6 pm to the open doors, my hubby who came with me to was quite surprise how fast I went when we came to the tend. :mf_rosetinted: AND we got to be in first row.

But however ít was my hubby who saved this Mika gig. Minutes before Mika came (good in time about 11:40) four young men who managed to come to the front row and without the hard work from him not only I, also the 2 Switzer ladys on my right site would be end at the second row for sure.

And they both waited for him from 2 o'clok for him. I don't know how. I also waited for Mika after the show - no we waited until about 3 am, and my hubby where really surprised to what I'm able when Mika will come. But then I regordnized that it's to much for him, my hubby had much problems with his shoulders with only this time we waited. But it seems it was worse for all who waited for him, he came out 4 am and the ice statues got a kiss from him. :wub2:

O.k., I hope my English is not to false to understand - and my little Report is not to unorganized. :fisch: I try to upload my photos as fast a can.

Hello from geneva airport.

I can't add much to Nanou and gracoisia s reports about the gig - apart from underwater was also on the set list.

It was indeed great to see Mika at the piano again.

The audience really seemed to enjoy the whole show and were very enthusiastic. I love seeing him play to a large crowd.

It was a good gig (about 90 mins) and it was a great energetic performance well received by a huge crowd. Great to see.

Afterwards was quite funny really! We had quite a laugh! We were warming our hands on the heaters which were feeding the venue and my glove melted and left a great big black hand print on the pipe!:naughty:

There was a guy from Peru who waited for ages but finally gave up as he was so cold. I am sorry for all those who waited for a long time but then had to leave without seeing Mika. We didn't go up the mountain until 8 30pm and had spent the afternoon laying down then had a good dinner. That and very carefully selected clothing meant that we were well set up. We didn't feel tired and as I said - it was quite good fun really. Mika's driver was chatting to us and was great. Tbh he was all for taking us to Mika's hotel to wait for him there in the warmth! Lovely guy.

Although Mika always says ' I had no idea you were still here' he did seem genuinely shocked. He was very generous with his time. It was lovely- so relaxed.

I have loved my trip to Switzerland . It is just as beautiful as I imagined. Breathtaking. Today we saw the Freddie Mercury statue on lake Geneva do I am a very happy bunny Indeed.

Lovely to meet friends old and new. X

Since Ticket Fairy was so gentle to give me free ticket i fulfill my duty with a report.

It was a great show but at the end i was a little disappointed because there were rumors about new songs and surprises. No new songs and we knew that the surprise was the day before when a lot of us were at home and at work.

About the setlist i'm always perplexed about the number of songs related to the albums.

First: 7

Second: 3

Third: 7

Why second album is disappearing?

Anyway the real truth is that we, fans, are hard to please. We would like 15 songs from the first, 15 from the second, 15 from the third!

So, at the end, i have same positive opinion of my friend Kath.

Consider that not only at festival there are random people but at this, in particular, there were a lot of super random "customers" because the older of my little Bed and Breakfast told me that they all have free tickets for the whole festival, so there were there a lot of curious people after work.

Some details:

-Intro with the choir "machismo" from The Origin of love" before Un Soleil..

- during the usual jocke before Love when i'm drunk (when he asks how much you drink) he says: "Dieu, lumière sur le public" since nothing happened he repeat in english (probably speaking to his lighting crew man) "God, light please"

- sometims he lost the voice, but he was very concentrated.

- Blue eyes with a new piano intro

- ok, he returned at piano, but he continues to escape from the piano often, and go to dance.

Sorry for a lot of mistakes. Firstly because, as usual, i don't speak english. Second because i write from a phone, because i'm skiing this weekend.

P.S. Anyway he is brutto, cattivo and antipatico when he says bad words in italian

Edited by allegra

Since Ticket Fairy was so gentle to give me free ticket i fulfill my duty with a report.

It was a great show but at the end i was a little disappointed because there were rumors about new songs and surprises. No new songs and we knew that the surprise was the day before when a lot of us were at home and at work.

About the setlist i'm always perplexed about the number of songs related to the albums.

First: 7

Second: 3

Third: 7

Why second album is disappearing?

Anyway the real truth is that we, fans, are hard to please. We would like 15 songs from the first, 15 from the second, 15 from the third!

So, at the end, i have same positive opinion of my friend Kath.

Consider that not only at festival there are random people but at this, in particular, there were a lot of super random "customers" because the older of my little Bed and Breakfast told me that they all have free tickets for the whole festival, so there were there a lot of curious people after work.

Some details:

-Intro with the choir "machismo" from The Origin of love" before Un Soleil..

- during the usual jocke before Love when i'm drunk (when he asks how much you drink) he says: "Dieu, lumière sur le public" since nothing happened he repeat in english (probably speaking to his lighting crew man) "God, light please"

- sometims he lost the voice, but he was very concentrated.

- Blue eyes with a new piano intro

- ok, he returned at piano, but he continues to escape from the piano often, and go to dance.

Sorry for a lot of mistakes. Firstly because, as usual, i don't speak english. Second because i write from a phone, because i'm skiing this weekend.

P.S. Anyway he is brutto, cattivo and antipatico when he says bad words in italian

thanks Allegra :wink2:

Thanks for the reports everyone. Allegra I find it a bit sad that the second album is disappearing especially since the "popular" songs on the album are not my favourites. I miss performances of songs like Lady Jane that I don't expect we'll ever hear again.

I don't think I could ever wait in the cold like that for Mika but I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. The story of the bus driver reminds me of Simon. Remember those days? The Dodgy Holiday Tour was so special. Even if I couldn't be at most of the dates just reading about it on MFC was a thrill.

lollipop161 said:
please can someone upload these 2 videos into youtube? It's stuck all the time:aah:

http://www.20min.ch/ro/musique/dossi...story/24805043

http://www.20min.ch/ro/musique/dossi...dredi-12375658

Thanks everyone for the reports:blush-anim-cl:

[YOUTUBE]0aBnMh3DXyo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]4jurPdvN1SI[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Kumazzz

Small report from: http://rocksubculture.com/2013/03/16/caprices-festival-day-8-mika-nelly-furtado-celien-schneider-nadine-carina-crans-montana-switzerland-3152013-concert-review/

Day 8 of Caprices Festival in Crans-Montana, Switzerland… as the event approached its final two days Friday night, those in attendance seemed to have a desire to keep the party going, as Mika drew the largest crowd to date, not only filling the vast airline hanger-like space of The Moon, but overfilling the standing room only space in front of the stage. The popular British singer-songwriter drew such a crowd people were spilling out, standing watching from the hallway space in-between The Moon and The Tube, and was far and away the largest crowd pulled in thus far for the 9-day festival.

[...]

Mika

Who: Mika

Where: The Moon at Caprices Festival

When: March 15, 2013

As mentioned in the opening, Mika to my estimation by far drew the largest and most energized crowd for the festival thus far. The decidedly younger and female audience was crooning over the British singer-songwriter in a way that surprised me, as I’m not too familiar with him and his work, though it would seem that his work is intended for that audience.

The Grammy-nominated artist has sold over 5 million records, and released his third studio album, The Origin of Love, last year.

He started his set quite quiet, and I thought we were in for a somewhat slow night, but eventually he transitioned into a high energy pop song and I was really impressed with his performance and stage presence, as he whipped the crowd up into a frenzy with his dancing and posing.

While not really my kind of music, it was very well crafted and polished on stage and his art most definitely appeals to a very huge audience, as evidenced by the gleeful crowd in attendance.

There are a lot of photos as well :original: (at the bottom of the blog)

Caprices-Festival-2013-Crans-Montana-Switerland-Concert-Review-Day-8-March-15-Nelly-Furtado-Mika-Photos-110-RSJ.jpg

Thanks a lot for the link !! :huglove:

I made a download link of those beautiful 40 pics. http://www.sendspace.com/file/0mfcrn

Thanks for the reports everyone. Allegra I find it a bit sad that the second album is disappearing especially since the "popular" songs on the album are not my favourites. I miss performances of songs like Lady Jane that I don't expect we'll ever hear again.

I don't think I could ever wait in the cold like that for Mika but I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. The story of the bus driver reminds me of Simon. Remember those days? The Dodgy Holiday Tour was so special. Even if I couldn't be at most of the dates just reading about it on MFC was a thrill.

Yes - it brought Simon to mind! As you say- such good memories from those days :thumb_yello:

Yes I was just thinking the other day what my ideal set list would be....

Lady Jane, HMDYLM, Touches You.... All gone :tears:

Thank you for this - it is great to read that he pulled the largest crowd :biggrin2: