REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS/ MIKA @ The Venue VANCOUVER, BC - March 22, 2013

robertina

I would have loved to see one of those intimate gigs, but not for once did I have the tendency to jump on a plane and fly to NY. Why? Because in my opinion, the Americans and Canadians deserve these gigs without me and my fat ass standing in front of them. I am lucky enough to live in a place where it takes me about 1,5 hours to go to most important places, like Brussels, Antwerp, Amsterdam.

Besides, it's not as if we will never in our life hear these songs. I will never travel to anywhere in the world just because new songs are advertised. I did so in Compiegne and boy was that a huge mistake. Only to find out he played ALL those new songs at festivals. So yeah, I'm just going to sit back here, relax and focus on my studies until Summer.:mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have loved to see one of those intimate gigs, but not for once did I have the tendency to jump on a plane and fly to NY. Why? Because in my opinion, the Americans and Canadians deserve these gigs without me and my fat ass standing in front of them. I am lucky enough to live in a place where it takes me about 1,5 hours to go to most important places, like Brussels, Antwerp, Amsterdam.

Besides, it's not as if we will never in our life hear these songs. I will never travel to anywhere in the world just because new songs are advertised. I did so in Compiegne and boy was that a huge mistake. Only to find out he played ALL those new songs at festivals. So yeah, I'm just going to sit back here, relax and focus on my studies until Summer.:mf_rosetinted:

I much agree with you - but I doubt you have a "fat ass" hehe - you look lovely from the photos I've seen :blush-anim-cl: Good luck with your studies - I suppose you'll have a lot of breaks, thanks to MIKA :wub2:

Love,love

me

I much agree with you - but I doubt you have a "fat ass" hehe - you look lovely from the photos I've seen :blush-anim-cl: Good luck with your studies - I suppose you'll have a lot of breaks, thanks to MIKA :wub2:

Love,love

me

My ass is relatively big compared to the rest of my body:mf_rosetinted:.

I perfect understand the feeling of all you Americans these days. I can´t imagine how it would be here if he only came to my country every 4 years :aah: Since I started going to gigs there hasn´t been a single year I havent seen him without needing to take a plane. Every year he comes to Spain and Portugal so I´ve decided I won´t travel far away to see him. I´ll wait patiently for him to come to me :mf_rosetinted:

Christine, your feeling must be the same I had when I learned lots of French fans were coming to the Spanish date this summer. I was like "For real?? you monopolize Mika in your country and yet need to come here as well?" but well... if they pay their ticket they have the same right of doing it that I have of going to Portugal, so... But yes, I totally understand you. I wouldn´t (not even in a million years) take a plane to go to US to see him performing. And if that Century Man song leaks, ok. If it doesn´t... ok as well. I´ll survive. Would I like to see an intimate gig? Of course, I´m a fan, Jesus! But I consider myself super lucky for living in Europe even if I´m living in the South West of Europe we are mega lucky when it comes to gigs.

Well I have been to Europe so I don't mind people coming here as long as they respect the culture here and don't start queuing at 7 am and swarming all over Mika so other fans can't get near even though they've met him 50 times already. :aah: When I went to Japan we had a bit of privileged treatment entering the venues and the locals didn't like it (understandably). But we purposely did not volunteer to be big girls or ask for any kind of M&G or take up more than a few seconds of Mika's time outside after the shows. We'd already had our chances for all of that in the previous NA and Europe tours and Mika was there for Japanese fans not for us.

Anyway I am looking forward to seeing Mariposa in New York because we've met in London a few times but I haven't seen her in years.

But I don't think everyone in Europe needs to feel so deprived that's all. Every gig is special in its own way and I have already been hearing some negative things about these gigs. Someone even told me the view is probably better from the balcony because the piano is such an obstruction if you're in the front row. Mika is not making eye contact, etc. So the grass always sounds greener on the other side of the ocean but there are good aspects and not so good aspects to every tour.

You are all such good persons leaving the NA tour to the US and Canadian fans :naughty: I'm not (obviously) and my fat ass is going to be in San Francisco tonight if I ever find that city (it's really far away :aah:). Very much looking forward to it, this is something I've wanted to see for years. But I totally agree with Christine. Every tour is special in their own way. Actually some of my best Mika moments are from summer festivals :wub2:

You are all such good persons leaving the NA tour to the US and Canadian fans :naughty: I'm not (obviously) and my fat ass is going to be in San Francisco tonight if I ever find that city (it's really far away :aah:). Very much looking forward to it, this is something I've wanted to see for years. But I totally agree with Christine. Every tour is special in their own way. Actually some of my best Mika moments are from summer festivals :wub2:

Gurl you have no fat ass:mf_rosetinted:.

Well it's not skinny either but on the other hand I'm really short if it makes it any better! Lol!

I know the feeling. Whenever I eat too much the weight goes straight to my ass and upper legs. It's annoying:mf_rosetinted:.

You both have lovely asses. And you can bring them to NA any time you like. :lmfao:

:lmao: I was just about to say - I wish both Nina and Ingie's phat European asses had been in Vancouver :roftl:

Like Christine said - by all means, come! Just bear in mind that North Americans don't queue for Mika at crazy early hours. Ain't nobody got time for that. :mf_rosetinted:

:lmao: I was just about to say - I wish both Nina and Ingie's European asses had been in Vancouver :roftl:

Like Christine said - by all means, come! Just bear in mind that North Americans don't queue for Mika at crazy early hours. Ain't nobody got time for that. :teehee:

Then, I should just come to America ... I miss the concerts without the endless files that begin early in the morning :naughty:

You both have lovely asses. And you can bring them to NA any time you like. :lmfao:

I love MFC threads going wild :floor:

I'm sure we alll have lovely asses :thumb_yello:

All Mika fans are beautiful sexy freaks :thumb_yello::naughty:

I wish I could jump into a plane and get my ass over there too :mikalove:

Those accoustic gigs are a dream come true :wub2:

So I'd also bring my ears and eyes :wink2:

Any Leia update? :mikacool:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

From a blog:

http://vancouvermusicreview.com/?p=6069

When I first heard that British popstar Mika was coming town I knew I had to go to his show. I definitely played his 2007 album Life In Cartoon Motion on repeat for an entire year. Who doesn’t remember his hit single “Grace Kelly”. Mika has hit the road across North America this spring doing intimate acoustic sets in support of his latest album The Origin of Love.

We arrived at Venue just in time for Mika’s set to start. Venue felt like it was burting at the seams. I haven’t seen it that busy in there since Father John Misty played for the Olio Festival in the fall. There was a DJ finishing up as we walked in, but most people seemed to only care about the fact that Mika was up next. As announcements to not film or record the set blasted over the audio system, the energy of the room started to buzz with anticipation. A few minutes later Mika took the stage backed by two incredibly talented multi-instrumentalists who were all decked out in brightly coloured suede blazers.

Mika started out his set with what is probably his most well known song, “Grace Kelly”. This was definitely a bold move for the Brit, but it seemed to take the pressure off the rest of the evening. He continued to play many of his hits off Life in Cartoon Motion, such as “Lollipop”, before launching into his new material from The Origin of Love. “Popular Song” is his latest single, which samples the hit Broadway musical Wicked. It definitely worked really well in this stripped down setting. By this point in the show, Mika was starting to get more comfortable with the audience and began to move around the stage away from his beautiful grand piano. For “Underwater” Mika came up to the front of the stage to serenade the audience.

As the night progressed, the energy on stage only seemed to ramp up. The fan favourite of the night was the anthemic “Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)” in which I am fairly certain every women in the room was bouncing away to the positive vibes. Nearing the end of Mika’s set, the sound guy came running up on stage giving Mika a note saying he was nearing his cutoff time before Venue turns into a typical Friday night club. Although it was disappointing Mika seemed to brush the note off and closed with a bang. I thought he would close with the upbeat “Love Today”, but was surprised by his choice to play the incredibly beautiful and angelic “Over My Shoulder”.

All in all, Mika put on a phenomenal performance that was bursting with energy. I was stunned at how many people made it out to venue, but was even more blown away with how in tune Mika seemed to be with his audience. He is definitely a performer worth seeing the next time he comes through town.

Setlist: Grace Kelly, Lollipop, Blue Eyes, Billy Brown, Popular Song, Drunk, Underwater, Only Lonely Man, Stuck in the Middle, Elle Me Dit, Hia Leah, Origin, Big Girls (You Are Beautiful), Celebrate, Century Man, Relax, Bonnie and Clyde, Love Today, Over My Shoulder