Mika @ Carling Academy Brixton, London: MFC REVIEWS!

dcdeb

Can I just say - I posted the text from Jemma - from where she was standing

she saw someone, she thought it was one of the French fans, being taken away over the barrier. It was sent in good faith, and I reported it here in good faith - I am sorry Biche was ill, and hope she is ok now - but in all honesty, it was NOT an attack on French fans - it was an innocent mistake. :thumb_yello:

It was not an attack against you Wendi. You know that i love you. :wink2:

But before writing things like that, some people should ask what really happened.

And i'm not paranoid. :bleh: I don't believe it's an attack against French fans. I said to some of the French fans from the other forum to not being paranoid. MFC is made of many people and you can't say, THE MFC is against us.

I think everybody must doing a little effort to stop fighting. I really hate it and i can't hide the feelings that i have.

That's the main problem. We should say in front of people what we think instead of telling that when they are not here. I really really hate the rumours between MFCers.

Please, choose your battles wisely (not between the fans) and try to be nice with the other fans. :wink2::biggrin2:

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was not an attack against you Wendi. You know that i love you. :wink2:

But before writing things like that, some people should ask what really happened.

And i'm not paranoid. :bleh: I don't believe it's an attack against French fans. I said to some of the French fans from the other forum to not being paranoid. MFC is made of many people and you can't say, THE MFC is against us.

I think everybody must doing a little effort to stop fighting. I really hate it and i can't hide the feelings that i have.

That's the main problem. We should say in front of people what we think instead of telling that when they are not here. I really really hate the rumours between MFCers.

Please, choose your battles wisely (not between the fans) and try to be nice with the other fans. :wink2::biggrin2:

Yup agree .........

We are all on the MFC for one reason and we should all be together to support Mika .. and each other end of the day

There is such a push these days .. whos going to be at the front? , whos going to meet him afterwards ? , etc etc .. My concern is that we are starting to loose the fun a little , 3 or 4 threads that should of turned out to be fun have turned out to be arguments recently

My concern is that we are starting to loose the fun a little , 3 or 4 threads that should of turned out to be fun have turned out to be arguments recently

Some MFCers told me that too and they are afraid to loose the original spirit of the MFC.

I was a little bit depressed after.

OK! I should stop now or i will be blue.

Yesterday, I texted Em' to know how she was and she answered me she felt good and was drinking some beer. I'd like to see her face today. :naughty:

My very first post on the MFC...in London.

Sorry for the wait...but we didn't bring a laptop and internet cafe very hard to get to (closed when concert is over) and then need to queue first thing in the morning.

FIRST things FIRST. YES! Mika got the Yearbook! :woot_jump:

Christine and I arrived at Brixton Academy around 12 noon - we were about 20th in line. Somehow, few hours later, we looked to be about 40th in line (?):blink:

We met all the MFCers who were already there (for the first time!) Sorry, I'm not going to list everyone's name because I'd be here forever...

Between toilet and food breaks, I would occassionally make my way over to the back of the auditorium to the artists entrance whenever I saw the door open and men in black jackets came out with walkie talkies. The first man I introduced myself to, told me he was a tour manager. I approached him because unlike some of the Brixton Academy staff, this man had "MIKA" written on his jacket. He was pleasant, when I told him that I was delegated to present Mika the Yearbook and that I came all the way from Toronto to do this. He then confirmed that Mika was going to Montreal (Bell Centre) and then a smaller venue in Toronto!:biggrin2: But I'm sorry west coast Canadians...no gigs on your side of the country:sad:

to be continued....

My very first post on the MFC...in London.

Sorry for the wait...but we didn't bring a laptop and internet cafe very hard to get to (closed when concert is over) and then need to queue first thing in the morning.

FIRST things FIRST. YES! Mika got the Yearbook! :woot_jump:

Christine and I arrived at Brixton Academy around 12 noon - we were about 20th in line. Somehow, few hours later, we looked to be about 40th in line (?):blink:

We met all the MFCers who were already there (for the first time!) Sorry, I'm not going to list everyone's name because I'd be here forever...

Between toilet and food breaks, I would occassionally make my way over to the back of the auditorium to the artists entrance whenever I saw the door open and men in black jackets came out with walkie talkies. The first man I introduced myself to, told me he was a tour manager. I approached him because unlike some of the Brixton Academy staff, this man had "MIKA" written on his jacket. He was pleasant, when I told him that I was delegated to present Mika the Yearbook and that I came all the way from Toronto to do this. He then confirmed that Mika was going to Montreal (Bell Centre) and then a smaller venue in Toronto!:biggrin2: But I'm sorry west coast Canadians...no gigs on your side of the country:sad:

to be continued....

Hi Suzy! I'm so glad for the Year book! Babs said you and Christine were okay, I felt so bad for you about the cancellations :sad:

:woot_jump:

Small venue in Toronto: I have to be there :punk:

Hi Suzy! I'm so glad for the Year book! Babs said you and Christine were okay, I felt so bad for you about the cancellations :sad:

:woot_jump:

Small venue in Toronto: I have to be there :punk:

I wish I could be there....(TORONTO)

but its hard unless I get more time off,

sigh

sigh

sigh

HMMMMPH

unless its the next day..then I could swing it easily

oh well MONTREAL WILL BE EVEN MORE SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!!I HAVE A VERY TIGHT WORK SCHEDULE!

OH MY RUDENESS!!!!SUZY!!!! I almost forgot to say I am sorry what happened..but I am glad he got the year book and that he is going to get some rest....

Part 2

This "tour manager" as he calls himself, is "Mike" and he was kind enough to hint to me to come back to the artist entrance for 4 or 5 pm.:mf_rosetinted:

Biggest "Thanks" to Mike (his parents live in Toronto BTW) ....

So although he told me to come back for 4 or 5pm, I still decided to go there again throughout the day. Sivan spotted Mikey and Martin making there way to the artist entrace around 3pm and Christine and I followed....no one else seemed to notice them...so we chatted for a bit, and although we mentioned the possibility of them taking the Yearbook, they said we should really give it to MIKA personally....

It was no where near 4pm but we decided to hang around the artist entrance anyway. It was initially the 3 of us, but then other MFCers noticed us hanging 'rpund the back so they joined us (RAK1, Sara, CazGirl, Allegre, Jemmalee, , etc....).

After an hour or so, I started to worry that Mika was not coming this way, or that he was already inside....I felt even worse when Saranayde came and said she was already sooooo late for the sound check and that there was a possibility Mika was already inside with the rest of the band.:boxed:

I know the sign of Mika's car coming...it means that all the security and men with black jackets and walkie talkies come out and prepare to clear the way....this was what i was waiting for and it didn't look like it was going to happen. I was almost convinced he snuck in through another door earlier.

And then....I don't know who finally called me, but when I turned to look around - John, the tour manager was in front of my face! I didn't even hesitate - I told him that I came all the way from Toronto and that I had the Yearbook made by so many of us from all over the world, managed by Melanie in Chicago, put together in Calgary, printed in New York, sent to Chicago, forwarded to Toronto, then flew on a plane with us to London. He sees the book in my arms, seems impressed, and tells me he will ask Mika's permission if he can stop to see me before going inside...he seemed very sincere.

to be continued...

So, my review..

I wasn't even supposed to be in London that night, was going to go home that morning after spending a week there to see TT at the O2, but when I realised Mika was having a concert there that night, I changed my flight and hotel booking and managed to get hold of a ticket, and late afternoon I joined the loooooong queue that was already outside the arena. I think I started queueing at 5:30 or something and was way down the side of the building, but somehow, when we were let in I found myself casually walking inside and ending up on on 3rd row right in front of the stage :blink:

Really good spot to be standing, I realised when the concert started.

When Mika came on he looked pale and thinner than he did last time I saw him, and he explained why, when he told us they had been in bed ill for the past 2 days. Still, after a careful start to the show, he warmed up and bounced about the stage like he usually does.

The show he put on was amazing like always, and we got all the extra stuff that he doesn't add on the smaller stages on the tour, such as the lollipopgirls, the big girls, the animals etc, but still... the concert he did in Norway was better. I don't know if the size of the place made him interact less with the audience or if it was him not feeling his best, but the Oslo one was just more.. alive and intimate in a way. This one seemed more purely proffesional, and it was painful seeing him touch his throat all the time, and then when he came back out and took a bow instead of doing Relax again, I got a sinking feeling in my stomach, but realised it was due to him having been/ still being ill.

But I had a wonderful time, got to know two really nice spanish girls whith whom I discussed TT and Mika memories and pictures before the show, and had no regrets about going whatsoever :)

I think it’s time to write mine.

I went to the gig at 12.00 with Aurélien. We couldn’t be there before but we were lucky because 15 minutes ago, it was raining a lot.

I think that 10-15 people was in front of us. It was cold (my poor little feet) and sometimes it rained but not as much as i expected so i was good.

Suzy brought the year in carton motion book which is wonderful.

We went to the supermarket to find something to eat and then queueing and then in a cafe to drink an hot chocolate because we were cold.

And then, i couldn’t believe my eyes. Oh Mikey came. I wondered if i was not dreaming because nobody reacted but yes it’s was him with Martin. They tried to go into the venue but i was the wrong door and they left.

And then 5-6 people ran after them. We didn’t want to annoy them. I just wanted to say a quick hello and i let them.

I was in the café when Mica arrived. I saw the video Sivan took. It was really fast.

I think that i twas around 18.00 when Andy came to film the queue. I was too far to understand what he said.

At 19.00, the doors were opened. I was really scare to loose Emilie and to be pushed like i was in Nantes. But the security guards threaten us. If someone pushed, the bring that someone at the end of the queue. And then it was better.

They said : « Girls to the left, boys to the right ». I was lucky because the girl only asked me if i’ve got a bag, no and she let me go inside with my bottle of water. Another one didn’t let Em’ go inside with her bottle.

Inside, i was 3rd row in the middle (great!!!) near Em’, Yop’s friend and Jean-Pierre. It was really cool. No pushing at all. I could dance. There were many French people around us. I supposed they lived in London. I looked around me to see if everybody was in the first rows. And yeah many MFCers and French mikawebsiters were in the first rows. Great !!!!

Yelle came at 20.00. She was great. It was funny because she always said « Merci beaucoup (thank you very much in French). But Yelle, you’re in England ! She looked in direction of the French Mikawebsiters and made a big smile. I think she recognized them.

Then Mika ! For me it was great because i could really enjoy the gig. No pushing, i really could dance and sing and yes i managed to see all the gig. I couldn’t stay at the end of Nantes’ gig because of pushing. I didn’t feel well. In London, it was great!

Mika was great but i thought he was less energetic than in Nantes, he touched his throat and made a lot of grimace. At the end of Lollipop, he left.

Aurélien was in shock because Mika shacked his hand at the end of the gig.

Then we left and we felt that Mica wouln’t come after the gig for signing. And we’re right. He just said hello, smiled and left. Stupid people ran after the car and knocked it. Well done guys ! If you wanted to frighten Mica, i think you won.

Then Cherisse came without security guard. We were « Oh she’s so beautiful ». She signed, some people took pics and then she asked if everybody wanted another signs, no, ok, she left. She was so sweet.

And then i left too because i was exhausted.

Part 3

So Mika's car pulls up...I'm not sure that I'm nervous, but I've pretty much blocked all the commotion around me and I'm just focused on getting this done. John pops his head into Mika's car and looks to be asking his permission. John comes back out and walks towards me. He tells me that Mika will take a few moments to take the project from me...BUT....that he CANNOT SPEAK (he is very sick and he does not want to use his voice). Mika will not stop for anything or anyone else...he will only stop to accept the Yearbook. So he comes out *heart thumping* - it seems soooo surreal.

He is smiling from ear to ear, wearing glasses. He looks at me apologetic and seems to make a sign with his hand that he can't speak...I just feel for him then:tears:

But I gathered the strength to say something like...(I honestly don't remember, but Sivan will post the video sometime soon and then we'll know exactly what I said).

"Hi Mika, I'm Suzy from Toronto, and I was delegated to bring this yearbook to you on behalf of the Mika Fan Club. It was made from many of your fans from all over the world. All our stories collected about the year that you and your music touched our lives. It was started up by Melanie in Chicago, put together in Calgary, entries came from all over the world, printed in New York, sent to Chicago, then forward to Toronto, then flew with Christine and I to London."

Mika looks at me and the book, hand it to him and he says "Thank you".

He looks flips through it, and he looks so sincere and genuinely impressed, smiling throughout. He might have said "thank you" again and nodded his head. I can't remember....

I was just sooooo happy to have gotten this task done. I was also feeling bittersweet that I was lucky enough to have been given the opportunity to meet him again, even though he couldn't speak. I sort of already knew at this moment, this being the first sign, that Mika was not well....

Back in the queue. About an hour later, Andy the camerman came out and said the Yearbook was "AMAAAAAAAZING" and that Mika was reading it for the past 20 minutes!:biggrin2:

He filmed me to talk about the Yearbook again, but the doors were opening really soon, and I was squished in the queue and all I could muster to say was a less quality version of what I already told Mika. I'm not sure I was too happy with that....I think Andy was expecting more, but it was so difficult to get all psyched again.

Most of you already know that the concert itself was not Mika's best performance. I enjoyed it naturally, because I managed to get front row right side and Mika still sang beautifully. You knew that he was sick, and that amazed me even more that he was able to deliver. I felt a little guilty, but still managed to enjoy every moment. Christine was to my right, Gabi, behind me and Jemmalee to my left. How can you not have a blast when you're surrounded by MFCers at a Mika gig in front row in London?!!

At the end of the night, John, Mika's tour manager spoke to me and said "thank you" about the Yearbook (seemed almost like I gave it to him). Both he and Mika loved the Yearbook and were very impressed.

I went home elated.

Wow, Suzy! Thanks so much for sharing your story! Almost as if I were

there. :) Sorry that you went all that way and ended up only seeing

the one show instead of the 3 you originally planned on, but thank

you SO much for ensuring that the yearbook was delivered!

Also, thanks to the rest of you who have written reports -- nice

to read as I sit here on a cold and gloomy Tuesday morning! :original:

dcdeb

Wow, Suzy! Thanks so much for sharing your story! Almost as if I were

there. :) Sorry that you went all that way and ended up only seeing

the one show instead of the 3 you originally planned on, but thank

you SO much for ensuring that the yearbook was delivered!

Also, thanks to the rest of you who have written reports -- nice

to read as I sit here on a cold and gloomy Tuesday morning! :original:

dcdeb

...and i underline tuesday! you have yr newsletter and i have my supermarket! puah!

"Hi Mika, I'm Suzy from Toronto, and I was delegated to bring this yearbook to you on behalf of the Mika Fan Club. It was made from many of your fans from all over the world. All our stories collected about the year that you and your music touched our lives. It was started up by Melanie in Chicago, put together in Calgary, entries came from all over the world, printed in New York, sent to Chicago, then forward to Toronto, then flew with Christine and I to London.".

Yeah, that's pretty much what you said :thumb_yello:

I know Mika barely said anything but he didn't need to - you could tell by his face that he was amazed by it!

...and i underline tuesday! you have yr newsletter and i have my supermarket! puah!

Yes, so you know that means I ought to be doing something ELSE, but

reading reports about Mika gigs is so much more rewarding! :naughty:

Buy some milk and bread for me while you're out, OK? :wink2:

dcdeb

Absolutely well written Suzy. Congrats on getting the book to Mika personally. I'm sure that moment will retain in your memory forever. Can't wait to see Sivan's vid. When you see it too, it may even sink in that YOU DID actually meet him...it wasn't a dream.

Pat on the back , hugs, and all that........

Thanks Savage Beauty, Pamette and Suzy for your reports!! :thumb_yello:

Well done Suzy for giving Mika the Year Book - I am so happy you managed.

You said Gabi was with you - I am glad she got to see Mika - I thought

her tickets were for the Monday!! :biggrin2: