MIKA @ Sadlers Wells, London - June 8 2009 - Gig Reports, Photos & Videos

Blue Sky

Well that was by far the best Mika gig I have ever been to :biggrin2:

(actually it's the only Mika gig I've ever been to :roftl:)

He was definitely in good voice and had lots of energy. And he did Lonely Alcoholic (is that the first live performance? I've not been keeping up with the other reports)

Toy Boy was fabulous with the celeste - I think he quoted a bit from Mozart's "The Magic Flute" at the end but the crowd had started cheering so I can't be sure. Over My Shoulder was brilliant - more dramatic than the recorded version.

There was a lovely moment when someone threw a flower at him and he caught it, played with it until the head fell off, then threw the stalk away :roftl:

The stage was covered in silver confetti - Mika said he had had to eat a lot of chewing gum, to produce so much silver foil :roftl:

He started "Any Other World" in the wrong key, so the little orchestra looked very puzzled :teehee:

Brian May was spotted in the audience :biggrin2: As were his sister and brother and mum.

Sorry - my memories are a bit random :roftl:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was by far the best Mika gig I have ever been to

(actually it's the only Mika gig I've ever been to :roftl:)

He was definitely in good voice and had lots of energy. And he did Lonely Alcoholic (is that the first live performance? I've not been keeping up with the other reports)

Toy Boy was fabulous with the celeste - I think he quoted a bit from Mozart's "The Magic Flute" at the end but the crowd had started cheering so I can't be sure. Over My Shoulder was brilliant - more dramatic than the recorded version.

There was a lovely moment when someone threw a flower at him and he caught it, played with it until the head fell off, then threw the stalk away :roftl:

The stage was covered in silver confetti - Mika said he had had to eat a lot of chewing gum, to produce so much silver foil :roftl:

He started "Any Other World" in the wrong key, so the little orchestra looked very puzzled :teehee:

Brian May was spotted in the audience :biggrin2: As were his sister and brother and mum.

Sounds like a great night! And I laughed at the chewing gum bit...

Oooh, and would anyone care to see a kangaroo and crocodile invading the stage before the show?

DSC02150.jpg

Sounds like a great night! And I laughed at the chewing gum bit...

Oooh, and would anyone care to see a kangaroo and crocodile invading the stage before the show?

DSC02150.jpg

I was sitting right behind FD with those inflatables :biggrin2:

I was sitting right behind FD with those inflatables :biggrin2:

Really???

What did you think of hte Aussie representatives? :naughty:

did you take any pictures :fisch:

Ooooh yes... any pics? (I know it's early in the morning for you, but still... a wee bit curious)...

Not good ones :aah:

I'll see what they look like. hang on a bit.

Sweet!

No hurry or anything...

EDIT: you might know... Do you know what happened with the Asia-Pacific petition book? It's a blue bound book (like a scrapbook)... I just wanna know that Mika got it...

EDIT (AGAIN!): Seems Mika got the book! Freddie handed it over! Justwaiting to hear what else...

Edited by nico_collard

There you go - it's not much- I couldn't see in the dark, and my camera was playing up - I gave up in the end and just enjoyed the show :biggrin2:

picture.php?albumid=38&pictureid=3210

I've got two really nice ones of FD and Rose with the inflatables - but won't post until I've checked with them that it is OK cos I don't think they know I took them :teehee:

There you go - it's not much- I couldn't see in the dark, and my camera was playing up - I gave up in the end and just enjoyed the show :biggrin2:

picture.php?albumid=38&pictureid=3210

I've got two really nice ones of FD and Rose with the inflatables - but won't post until I've checked with them that it is OK cos I don't think they know I took them :teehee:

I see Mana wearing a tiara:teehee:

Well that was by far the best Mika gig I have ever been to :biggrin2:

(actually it's the only Mika gig I've ever been to

Ooooh! You've been de-virginized. Kinda feels surreal doesn't it? :naughty: You're just gonna want more! more! more!

Happy for you!

Grace Kelly (some of it). It's the only video I've found...

SHINY!

*watches vid*

I want to know if ANYONE talked to Brian May!!!!!! :fangurl:

Seems the elf did... she shook his hand and said she wanted to make Freddie jealous...