MIKA @ Sadlers Wells, London - June 8 2009 - Gig Reports, Photos & Videos

Blue Sky

Good evening!

Apologies for not reporting earlier, but when you get to the venue, and there's 100 other MFCers there, some you've not seen for ages, it's kind of distracting! LOL!!!

Tonight, I must say, for me was just magical.

From meeting all my friends, being interviewed by Danika, getting an amazing front row spot, MUCH thanks to Fred & Caz for that, could not believe we were RIGHT on top of the stage!

The stage ,we were given a teaser of before the show started was a silver wonderland, despite Mika saying "you wouldn't believe how much chewing gum I had to eat" ha ha! It was a fantastic creation by Es Devlin, which was just silver confetti, pretty much EVERYWHERE!

Mika was in excellent form, starting with GK, which he did perfectly, with cheers when he hit that certain note right, ha ha.

He went through the set, and when he said he was going to do Lonely Alcoholic, the place erupted!

The celesta decided to behave tonight, during Toy Boy, I love watching his face when he plays that, the expressions on his face cracks me up.

Before the show Mana gave all us in the front row, a flower to put on the stage for when he finished Over My Shoulder, which we did, it was quite touching, and wnen he sung Happy Ending, it was with Eda, who he said sang it originally way back in a garage in Chiswick!

The stage invasion tonigbt, was during Relax, and it went well, until people from the back flew down a jumped on stage. One particular woman, pretty much pinned Mika into a corner, from where I was standing. One minute, there was a big space around him, the next, he was almost pushed up against the crowd!

No wonder he wasn't happy leaving the stage.

Time to stop encouraging this, I think, before he or someone gets hurt!

He did shout, what sounded like "see you September 11th" though I could have misheard, before he left the stage.

Afterward, the M&G seemed to go well.

My apologies to the Aussies for the first part of the handing over of the petition, Mika & Fred are both taller than me, and I wasn't aiming the camera upwards,but the rest seemed to go okay.

Mika seemed strangely very happy to see me, with a big beaming smile on his face. He signed the flag, and answered the new random question.

What is your favourite cheese?

Answer- Entoli (not sure if I spelt it right, please correct me if it's not)

He went down the queue, and he looked back, and I said "thanks for playing Lonely Alcoholic" and smiled again, and carried on down the queue.

And that was it apart from saying goodbye to everyone, which isn't my favourite part of the night, but sadly has to be done.

I only briefly got to say hi to Andy, who seemed to have all his friends there tonight, so I didn't push it.

Yes, Brian May was there, I didn't see him myself but a few people did, so I'll leave it to them to tell you about it.

Can I go to bed now?

LOL!!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad you had a great time Sari!!! Tbh I think I would quite like a seated venue once in a while, skipping the queuing and all hehe... (though you get to meet great friend while queuing!)

Well gald to know you didn't see anything rude going on... I'm curious to know more though from the people who said he was upset... maybe it was not that bad...

You know how things are: someone thinks that they saw or heard something, or misunderstand something, and then suddenly it spreads like wildfire and the story is totally blown out of proportion.

I got a funny example of this today, about the Milan gig, where apparently some people had totally misunderstood what Mika said about the concept of acoustic. That made me laugh but was also a bit wakeup call about how people can often get the wrong end of the stick and not even know it.

The only thing that sort of bothered me today was that after the gig Mika was clearly in a massive rush to get out, because he obviously had to go to this after party, and I was thinking that as this was his (and our :naughty:) 'home gig', it would be the one chance to spend a bit longer with him.

Heck, I even thught that, because they knew how many fans were coming, there may even be a special meeting organised for us (like in Amsterdam last year). I guess that I was wrong and that the "vip's" were calling :biggrin2:.

ME TOO!!!!! Too much B S . . . I am sick of it! It would BE SO NICE to just walk up to a venue ticket (and seating arrangement) in hand all fresh and clean and (WIDE AWAKE) *not back breaking, feet aching* and able to TRULY enjoy the show to the fullest! I hope that ONE DAY all of the gigs will be seated! I am getting grey hairs over this crap :teehee:

yeah though buying tix online when it's seated venue is NERVE WRECKING !!!!

ok... sorry, last chit chat bit... :blush-anim-cl:

I'd better go to bed now... night everyone!

yeah though buying tix online when it's seated venue is NERVE WRECKING !!!!

I agree with that!!!!! :teehee: BUT, still I would MUCH rather KNOW that okay so I am in the 4th row (cool - I can deal with that) and not have to queue for a freaking year. :doh:RIGHT!!!! :naughty:

Good evening!

Apologies for not reporting earlier, but when you get to the venue, and there's 100 other MFCers there, some you've not seen for ages, it's kind of distracting! LOL!!!

From meeting all my friends, being interviewed by Danika, getting an amazing front row spot, MUCH thanks to Fred & Caz for that, could not believe we were RIGHT on top of the stage!

The stage ,we were given a teaser of before the show started was a silver wonderland, despite Mika saying "you wouldn't believe how much chewing gum I had to eat" ha ha! It was a fantastic creation by Es Devlin, which was just silver confetti, pretty much EVERYWHERE!

Mika was in excellent form, starting with GK, which he did perfectly, with cheers when he hit that certain note right, ha ha.

He went through the set, and when he said he was going to do Lonely Alcoholic, the place erupted!

The celesta decided to behave tonight, during Toy Boy, I love watching his face when he plays that, the expressions on his face cracks me up.

Before the show Mana gave all us in the front row, a flower to put on the stage for when he finished Over My Shoulder, which we did, it was quite touching, and wnen he sung Happy Ending, it was with Eda, who he said sang it originally way back in a garage in Chiswick!

The stage invasion tonigbt, was during Relax, and it went well, until people from the back flew down a jumped on stage. One particular woman, pretty much pinned Mika into a corner, from where I was standing. One minute, there was a big space around him, the next, he was almost pushed up against the crowd!

He did shout, what sounded like "see you September 11th" though I could have misheard, before he left the stage.

My apologies to the Aussies for the first part of the handing over of the petition, Mika & Fred are both taller than me, and I wasn't aiming the camera upwards,but the rest seemed to go okay.

Mika seemed strangely very happy to see me, with a big beaming smile on his face. He signed the flag, and answered the new random question.

He went down the queue, and he looked back, and I said "thanks for playing Lonely Alcoholic" and smiled again, and carried on down the queue.

And that was it apart from saying goodbye to everyone, which isn't my favourite part of the night, but sadly has to be done.

I only briefly got to say hi to Andy, who seemed to have all his friends there tonight, so I didn't push it.

Yes, Brian May was there, I didn't see him myself but a few people did, so I'll leave it to them to tell you about it.

Can I go to bed now?

LOL!!!

Thanks for reporting Rose, your duty is now done, you can now go to bed and dream sweet gig dreams!!

Heck, I even thught that, because they knew how many fans were coming, there may even be a special meeting organised for us (like in Amsterdam last year). I guess that I was wrong and that the "vip's" were calling :biggrin2:.

Same thing happened in NYC last year... hehe

Good evening!

Can I go to bed now?

LOL!!!

thanks for the report Rose!

I hope it really did go well...

Ummmm... question... you have a video???

Good evening!

Can I go to bed now?

LOL!!!

thank you rose! glad you had a great time

So pleased to hear that Caz got to meet him! And BS, Tokyo!!! Hope it's true.

Thanks for the reports and tweets and all so far. Babs, do we not get a report from you? Is that the usual way?

Glad to hear the petition book got handed over. Will wait with bated breath for the rest of the reports.

Oh, and I spent I'm not sure how long catching up with the chat in the pre-gig chatter thread.... HILARIOUS!

Thanks Sara! Thanks Rose! - for staying up late after a long exciting day and giving us some news. Wish I could have been there to meet all of you MFCers again. (Mika too, I guess...)

So pleased to hear that Caz got to meet him! And BS, Tokyo!!! Hope it's true.

Thanks for the reports and tweets and all so far. Babs, do we not get a report from you? Is that the usual way?

Glad to hear the petition book got handed over. Will wait with bated breath for the rest of the reports.

Oh, and I spent I'm not sure how long catching up with the chat in the pre-gig chatter thread.... HILARIOUS!

Hmmmmmmmm... I'm glad he finally has it...

that was quite amusing I will admit...

thanks for the report Rose!

I hope it really did go well...

Ummmm... question... you have a video???

I did it fof Cazzie, she got stuck behind Fred and couldn't get the caerama through, so as I was in front, she asked me to do it, and it was my pleasure ;-)

What's this about him being in a foul, mood?

He spoke to me straight after getting the petition, and I can tell you, that was NOT the face of a grumpy man!

His face was lit up!

Really don't know where that came from!

I did it fof Cazzie, she got stuck behind Fred and couldn't get the caerama through, so as I was in front, she asked me to do it, and it was my pleasure ;-)

He spoke to me straight after getting the petition, and I can tell you, that was NOT the face of a grumpy man!

His face was lit up!

:groovy::pbjt::yay:

Thanks Rose - this message was desperately needed. :flowers2:

Can everyone just chill now? :naughty:

His face was lit up!

From a text I got from Cazzie.. Thank you for saying otherwise! :huglove:

His face was lit up!

As Kelzy said, we got a message that he was in a foul mood...

Really? Did he flick through it at all? Did he say anything about it? Sorry for asking so many things about it, but I'm just so desperate for news!

I guess it has to do with the fact that we all put a lot of effort into it... and I feel kind of protective of it... I want him to love it...

(OG, I'm getting emotional over a book :blink:)

:groovy::pbjt::yay:

Thanks Rose - this message was desperately needed. :flowers2:

Can everyone just chill now? :naughty:

I think I can chill a bit... but I won't completely relax till I find out exactly what happened... or better yet, I see the video... but that won't happen for a day or two...

OH NO!

i freaked out at school all day.. and i come home.. and MIKA WASN'T HAPPY WITH THE PETITION BOOK?! :crybaby:

RELAX!!!

Okay, now I have your attention...

We don't know what he thought of it.. we have to wait to hear from Cazzie and Freddie...

This is all we know:

# Rose said his face was lit up when he talked to her (straight after he got the book)

# Apparently he was in a foul mood (that was what we heard from caz in a message)

So don't get too worked up...

No one is saying that. Calm down :naughty:

RELAX!!!

Okay, now I have your attention...

We don't know what he thought of it.. we have to wait to hear from Cazzie and Freddie...

This is all we know:

# Rose said his face was lit up when he talked to her (straight after he got the book)

# Apparently he was in a foul mood (that was what we heard from caz in a message)

So don't get too worked up...

OK.

*lets air out slowly*

I'm going to camly.. collectively.. slowly.. wait for a video.

*sits on edge of chair*

OK.

*lets air out slowly*

I'm going to camly.. collectively.. slowly.. wait for a video.

*sits on edge of chair*

Waiting is good...

Long, but good...

I don't know if Rose is on still, but I asked what she could remember from teh video.. Rose recorded it on Cazzie's camera...

Good evening!

Can I go to bed now?

LOL!!!

I just woke up, and as a first thing I came here to read your report Rose, because I knew it was a big night for you! Thank you so much for your awesome report!!!! It all sounded perfect, seating and flowers and Lonely Alcoholic and all :thumb_yello: I'm so happy for you!

And thank you for reports, everyone :wub2: