Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory - Gig reports, videos and pics - Oct. 18 2009

guylainem123

I saw you there last night. Loved your mask. Mika is so kind, he is amazing. I've met him three times now and each time he was just amazing.

My pics from the concert are on facebook, here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2021232&id=1490330934&l=681cc2b219

I gave him the bracelet I made, and he seemed pleased. I also told him I was praying for him to have a safe and happy tour. He told me, "I really appreciate that."

He's just a darling. And each show gets better and better. I must say I was VERY impressed by the crowd in Philly. It was like a huge sing a long---everyone was singing everything.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm exhausted right now, and I can't wait to get back to Miami tomorrow. The weather is killing me!

My report:

Queuing was fun, even though it was cold. I met another fan from Miami, she's not in MFC though. I met a few more people too, we were all freezing. :lol3: I got to the venue around 4.

Before going into the venue I put on my gold hat and purple/gold mask from my WAG video and the security lady said I looked gorgeous. :naughty:

I told my dad to go to the second floor so that he had a seat. Really, I told him to go cuz I didn't want him to see me crying. :lol3:

I loved that song Gary Go did with his iPod App, it was so cool.

As soon as Mika started singing Relax I started crying. I couldn't believe I was there. I was 3 people back, and center. I had a really good view, probably cuz I was taller than everyone around me. :naughty:

This lady behind me couldn't see because of my hat tho, so I had to take it off. :sad:

The rest of the show I was waving around a flashing heart I have that has gold beads. My arm hurt so much after the show. I don't really know what to say about the show, because it's all been said already.

After the show we went to the back to wait for Mika. I had taken my cd for him to sign and this little fairie frog that always reminds me of the frog in Songs For Sorrow. He came out like an hour and a half after, and I almost started crying again, but I controlled myself this time! :naughty: People were pushing, and shoving stuff in his face so it was hard to get his attention. My dad was filming everything and he said "Mika, un saludo en espanol!" and Mika said something like "Hola! No hablo mucho espanol." I asked him to sign my cd, and then I gave him the frog. First, he thought I wanted him to sign it so I was like "It's for you, it reminds me of Songs for Sorrow" and he said "ah the crying frog!" Good thing we were on the same page. :lol3: John said no pictures with Mika, but when people started leaving I was just there watching and some people asked him to take a picture and they got pics with Mika so I got closer. Then the security said "2 more and that's it" but there were people in front of me. When those in front of me got their pictures the security said no more pictures, and I was the only one that didn't get a pic with him. :tears: Mika saw that I had been there waiting for a picture so he did a "come here" gesture with his hand and said "it's okay" and took a pic with me. And that ladies and gentlemen, was the best day of my life. :biggrin2:

SANY0059.jpg

I had to wear my dad's coat, it was freeeeeezing!

Did you paint your face? It looks fantastic!:thumb_yello:

I'm glad you got your pic with him, he is pretty cool about things like that, if he can do it, he will.

I'm exhausted right now, and I can't wait to get back to Miami tomorrow. The weather is killing me!

My report:

Queuing was fun, even though it was cold. I met another fan from Miami, she's not in MFC though. I met a few more people too, we were all freezing. :lol3: I got to the venue around 4.

Before going into the venue I put on my gold hat and purple/gold mask from my WAG video and the security lady said I looked gorgeous. :naughty:

I told my dad to go to the second floor so that he had a seat. Really, I told him to go cuz I didn't want him to see me crying. :lol3:

As soon as Mika started singing Relax I started crying. I couldn't believe I was there. I was 3 people back, and center. I had a really good view, probably cuz I was taller than everyone around me. :naughty:

This lady behind me couldn't see because of my hat tho, so I had to take it off. :sad:

The rest of the show I was waving around a flashing heart I have that has gold beads. My arm hurt so much after the show. I don't really know what to say about the show, because it's all been said already.

After the show we went to the back to wait for Mika. I had taken my cd for him to sign and this little fairie frog that always reminds me of the frog in Songs For Sorrow. He came out like an hour and a half after, and I almost started crying again, but I controlled myself this time! :naughty: People were pushing, and shoving stuff in his face so it was hard to get his attention. My dad was filming everything and he said "Mika, un saludo en espanol!" and Mika said something like "Hola! No hablo mucho espanol." I asked him to sign my cd, and then I gave him the frog. First, he thought I wanted him to sign it so I was like "It's for you, it reminds me of Songs for Sorrow" and he said "ah the crying frog!" Good thing we were on the same page. :lol3: John said no pictures with Mika, but when people started leaving I was just there watching and some people asked him to take a picture and they got pics with Mika so I got closer. Then the security said "2 more and that's it" but there were people in front of me. When those in front of me got their pictures the security said no more pictures, and I was the only one that didn't get a pic with him. :tears: Mika saw that I had been there waiting for a picture so he did a "come here" gesture with his hand and said "it's okay" and took a pic with me. And that ladies and gentlemen, was the best day of my life. :biggrin2:

SANY0059.jpg

I LOVE this picture! It's so nice that he took the picture with you.

I would've loved to stay around after the show and wait for Mika, but my sister wanted to go home.

I forgot to say---when I was speaking to Mika and gave him the bracelet I told him I like making things out of ordinary objects---the bracelet was made from safety pins---I told him I gave him a scrapbook made from paper bags a few years ago, and he said "I remember that!!!" That was cool.

I can't believe people would refuse to be a big girl. I actually talked to one of those refusniks and asked her "WHY did you say NO?" She said because she didn't want to leave her friend and they only needed one more big girl. Ummmm....WHAT?

I didn't see anyone I knew from the MFC---somehow I missed KJoshi and Jack. :( Next time we'll have to organize better!!!

I also met a nice guy whose name is Sebastian, he came from NYC and had seen Mika coming out of the David Letterman show. He said he'd join here...hope he does! He's as big a fan as I am! :)

One thing more....I had bariatric surgery and lost 70 lbs since May. Mrs. P would probably say I am too small to be a big girl now, which is the ONLY sad thing about losing 70 lbs.

And add me to the "Mika marriage troubles" list....if he comes again w/in the next six months, I'm sure my husband will not be amused when I want to go. He's slightly jealous!!!

As much as I'd like to see Meeks again *tomorrow* I think I need to decompress....there's only so much joy I can take. LOL! I'd be ready to see him in the SPRING---when it's a little warmer out! But last night was warmer than the last time he was here in Jan. 2008.

I forgot to say---when I was speaking to Mika and gave him the bracelet I told him I like making things out of ordinary objects---the bracelet was made from safety pins---I told him I gave him a scrapbook made from paper bags a few years ago, and he said "I remember that!!!" That was cool.

I remember that scrapbook too, Linda :wub2:

One thing more....I had bariatric surgery and lost 70 lbs since May. Mrs. P would probably say I am too small to be a big girl now, which is the ONLY sad thing about losing 70 lbs.

I was going to comment on how great you looked! Fantastic! So happy

to see your photos and read your report! I'll have to go to Philly

next time...or else Mika will have to come to DC, right? :wink2:

My report:

SANY0059.jpg

although your mask is hiding most of your face, your eyes and smile tell everything! :wub2: happy for you! :blush-anim-cl:

SANY0059.jpg

aw! What a great ending! It made me all happy.

The pic looks great! :biggrin2:

I remember that scrapbook too, Linda :wub2:

I was going to comment on how great you looked! Fantastic! So happy

to see your photos and read your report! I'll have to go to Philly

next time...or else Mika will have to come to DC, right? :wink2:

Thanks Deb!!!! You should come to Philly! And yes...if he comes to DC I'm there too!

Alice, were you there last night? I looked for you!!!

Thanks Deb!!!! You should come to Philly! And yes...if he comes to DC I'm there too!

I'm so there if he comes to DC. Maybe he'll do a really quick 1-gig American DC tour. That would be convenient.

Also I recognize you! I was standing near you! I was in a really stupid dress! It's probably not very exciting for you, but I'm glad I can actually recognize a forum member who was there :biggrin2:

Alice, were you there last night? I looked for you!!!

Alice didn't go to Philly this time -- I tried to tempt her, since I had a

Philly ticket I couldn't use... but she passed. :wink2:

I'm so there if he comes to DC. Maybe he'll do a really quick 1-gig American DC tour. That would be convenient.

Also I recognize you! I was standing near you! I was in a really stupid dress! It's probably not very exciting for you, but I'm glad I can actually recognize a forum member who was there :biggrin2:

I wish I'd known! I love MFC members!!!!!!

*smacks forehead* I should have been more organized about it and made plans to meet MFC'ers . I usually just find them! Next time I'll know better.

Mika just makes so many people HAPPY. I'd love to know how to bottle that feeling he makes me feel. He is such a delight!

Arrived at 11:00ish and found HollyD and the crew there. Waiting in the cold wasn't all that bad. Got front & center access for a great show. Concert was terrific; I was disappointed at the level of personal connection Mika made....not a lot of conversation with the audience / no hand slapping...is he a germ-a-phobe? Would go again but I think I'd like to be back a little further to get a more panoramic view...instead of the 'under the chin' view.

Tom, Chris and Tom.

OMG!! So sorry Tom. How are you guys doing? You guys looked so happy from where I was on stage.

I just found your business card and was going to email links here for the pictures.

Glad you found us.

Jamie

Arrived at 11:00ish and found HollyD and the crew there. Waiting in the cold wasn't all that bad. Got front & center access for a great show. Concert was terrific; I was disappointed at the level of personal connection Mika made....not a lot of conversation with the audience / no hand slapping...is he a germ-a-phobe? Would go again but I think I'd like to be back a little further to get a more panoramic view...instead of the 'under the chin' view.

Oh no he's not a germaphobe at all. :naughty: He is very tactile with fans off stage. Takes people by the hands, give hugs, etc.

He may have just judged that the crowd was too rowdy to get that close. He has touched my hand from the stage before so he's not averse to it, I think it just depends on the situation. In Montréal he was very close to the audience because the stage was low with no barrier but he was careful to stay clear of people's reach because they were trying to grab him.

We've had many conversations here about his lack of banter with the audience so I hear you there. :fisch:

Generally I find he makes up for it with a lot of eye contact and connects with people that way and through his performance rather than a lot of talk. That's why I always want to be at the front, because you get the most back from him if you are within his line of sight.

Ahhhh, it was wonderful!

Got there around 5:15, and as soon as I got out of my car, Jamie asked if I'd be a BG, to which I said, "Hellll yes!", haha! (I still have NO IDEA why ANYONE would refuse o.o I left my girlfriend in the line, and she was happy for me!) I was soooo scared when Jamie was taking me around to Mrs. P to check if I was big enough. I just recently dropped 25 lbs and was like, "AUUUGH, NOOOO, HOW CAN THIS BEEE?!". Luckily, though, I was still juuuust big enough (had to tuck my shirt into my corset to keep the girls from popping out XD). So for anyone wondering, a 14 still makes the cut! :D

Anyway, backstage was AMAZING. They had us wait in the catering area, and Mika came by and said a brief hello as he was grabbing some food :) After the open, he also did his quick-change right in front of us BGs, and they ran the mic down the entrance ramp (I guess the change didn't go fast enough?) so that he could sing the first bit of Relax. And POW, were those first two notes powerful. I swear, I felt it vibrate in my ribs!

Dancing to BG was straight up DELIGHTFUL. The audience was getting revved up by then, and like it was already mentioned, Mika and the band sang back at us! :)

I was indeed one of the girls who wriggled back into the crowd (thank you, security friend!) near the front to meet up with Kris (my ladyfriend) again :) The crowd around us was SO pumped. I know I was howling my guts out, haha XD

After the show, Kris and I both waited to see Mika, and got lucky and landed right in the front-and-center. Some girls right behind us were being so disrespectful to staff, though :( Even the manager! I was like, "Don't you want to see Mika for more than five seconds? Then stop hassling people!" Waited about an hour for him to come out, sooo worth it! He signed a poster for me, and one of the balloons I'd caught after Lollipop. When I got home and hung up the poster (along with the ticket stub, balloon, and hair tie I got backstage. I know, I'm a packrat. I've still got some confetti I caught the last time he was here!), I pressed my cheeks in one corner, so my Big Girl UV paint cheek stripes live on! :D

Overall, PHENOMENAL night <3 Being a Big Girl was SO on my bucket list, haha! :D What a dream come true! (Thank you Jamieee! <3)

Ahhhh, it was wonderful!

Got there around 5:15, and as soon as I got out of my car, Jamie asked if I'd be a BG, to which I said, "Hellll yes!", haha! (I still have NO IDEA why ANYONE would refuse o.o I left my girlfriend in the line, and she was happy for me!) I was soooo scared when Jamie was taking me around to Mrs. P to check if I was big enough. I just recently dropped 25 lbs and was like, "AUUUGH, NOOOO, HOW CAN THIS BEEE?!". Luckily, though, I was still juuuust big enough (had to tuck my shirt into my corset to keep the girls from popping out XD). So for anyone wondering, a 14 still makes the cut! :D

Anyway, backstage was AMAZING. They had us wait in the catering area, and Mika came by and said a brief hello as he was grabbing some food :) After the open, he also did his quick-change right in front of us BGs, and they ran the mic down the entrance ramp (I guess the change didn't go fast enough?) so that he could sing the first bit of Relax. And POW, were those first two notes powerful. I swear, I felt it vibrate in my ribs!

Dancing to BG was straight up DELIGHTFUL. The audience was getting revved up by then, and like it was already mentioned, Mika and the band sang back at us! :)

I was indeed one of the girls who wriggled back into the crowd (thank you, security friend!) near the front to meet up with Kris (my ladyfriend) again :) The crowd around us was SO pumped. I know I was howling my guts out, haha XD

After the show, Kris and I both waited to see Mika, and got lucky and landed right in the front-and-center. Some girls right behind us were being so disrespectful to staff, though :( Even the manager! I was like, "Don't you want to see Mika for more than five seconds? Then stop hassling people!" Waited about an hour for him to come out, sooo worth it! He signed a poster for me, and one of the balloons I'd caught after Lollipop. When I got home and hung up the poster (along with the ticket stub, balloon, and hair tie I got backstage. I know, I'm a packrat. I've still got some confetti I caught the last time he was here!), I pressed my cheeks in one corner, so my Big Girl UV paint cheek stripes live on! :D

Overall, PHENOMENAL night <3 Being a Big Girl was SO on my bucket list, haha! :D What a dream come true! (Thank you Jamieee! <3)

Thanks for coming and giving a great report. So happy you showed up.

Luv Ya!

I haven't done my report for this show YET . . .ahhh it has been CrAzY ever since I got home! :aah: And as you all know my computer is beyond slow . . so, I am at the library right now trying to get everything uploaded! I want to just post pics and all before I do my report . . so I have time here . . aaahhh we all know this was the BEST show EVER! My gawd!!!! AMAZING!

ha ha ha . .. here is what the queue was like :teehee:

I haven't done my report for this show YET . . .ahhh it has been CrAzY ever since I got home! :aah: And as you all know my computer is beyond slow . . so, I am at the library right now trying to get everything uploaded! I want to just post pics and all before I do my report . . so I have time here . . aaahhh we all know this was the BEST show EVER! My gawd!!!! AMAZING!

ha ha ha . .. here is what the queue was like :teehee:

:roftl::thumb_yello:

Who is the girl in the golden hat?