2010 - Mika @ Palau Sant Jordi, Barcelona 18 April REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

Christine

I'll write a full report as soon as I can, now I must get ready for paella with Mici:naughty: I'll just say it was one of the most surreal and amazing experiences of my life altogether. I still have to asimilate the whole thing, I feel like I was watching a movie and it was not happening to me!!:aah:

I do have to say that Mika was very stressed from begining of the gig to the end, and being backstage you can also see how nervous he was...it was unbelivable.. and it sems like the gig in Madrid yesterday was like the release of all those nerves as he completely lost it, but we will right more about it on the Madrid thread.

I can imagine! :aah:

Thanks for your report. :biggrin2:

Where should i begin to start describing this day....this was probably the most surreal day of my life, it has started with me, The Black Queen & Queenie in complete and utter panic state of mind as we heard the airport in barcelona is closed and no flights , so we ere racing against the clock to find tickets back to madrid going to bus to train station and nearly having a complete meltdown...in this point the gig was the least important thing in our mind... once we booked train tickets everything slowely got back to normal, but the craziness of this day was only begun.

We arrived to the venue at 2pm more or less, and around 4pm John came out with assistance to pic lollipop girls and BG, being me i was in a state of being the most negetive person in the world with saying "no way i am going on stage, all i need right now is to fall down infrot of 8000 people and Mika" which made TBQ & Queenie really close to kill me....then i thought ok, WTH lets do this....so we were chosen to be big girl along with Pufpuf & Yulia...and then the negetive state of mind of Mici has kinda disappeared until the reharsels started...:roftl:

One thing i learned from this experience is never take things too seriously, and its only right foot left foot and thats it!!!!:roftl::roftl:

After trying on the costums, we started getting ready and were let out to watch the show up until the time to go on, before love today.... just for the record, the masks are the most horrid thing in the world....its really hard to see anything, let alone breath in them, and after you take them off its like someone throw a bucket full of water on you... the worst paart as in lollipop where we had to dance with thm and mika pushed me aside to take the bride on the high stage.....thanks Mika!!!!!:sneaky2::aah:

after everything was finished we started to get back to our normal clothing and thanked Mama p, and everyone for this experience... Mama P is simply the most adorable and sweet person...but so is everyone we met that day.

We went outside of our dressing room and were waiting for Mr. Mika to come out.. when he came John said he wont be speaking so we greated him and took a group picture with him.:wub2:

I do have to say that Mika was very stressed from begining of the gig to the end, and being backstage you can also see how nervous he was...it was unbelivable.. and it sems like the gig in Madrid yesterday was like the release of all those nerves as he completely lost it, but we will right more about it on the Madrid thread.

Picture from me and videos will be uploaded over the weekend, when hopefully i will be able to get back home saftly...

Freddie, Ingie, Monie and all the rest who were not able to be there, you were with us all the way, maybe not in person but in spirit and we partied extra for you and we love you all very very very much!!!!!!!! :huglove::wub2:

Sorry in advance for all the spelling mistakes, i need to get down of cloud 9000000 to be able to spell right.:roftl::roftl:

wonderful report Mici:) t4p

yay, finally some reports! :bow:

still no one has answered my questions yet about the dragon + princess + touches you :tears: but will look on the madrid thread now, maybe some of the answers are on there. :bleh:

in that i see you video i noticed that there were cameras (guess for the video screens), wonder if they were blocking people's view, for the front rows? i think it can be quite annoying to have a camera there in front of you all the time... what was it like for those who were there? :wink2:

yay, finally some reports! :bow:

still no one has answered my questions yet about the dragon + princess + touches you :tears: but will look on the madrid thread now, maybe some of the answers are on there. :bleh:

in that i see you video i noticed that there were cameras (guess for the video screens), wonder if they were blocking people's view, for the front rows? i think it can be quite annoying to have a camera there in front of you all the time... what was it like for those who were there? :wink2:

The first time I watched it I thought they were cameras too.

But now I thinking they are part of the lighting.

But that doesn't make sense does it??

It is strange place to put lighting equipment.

The first time I watched it I thought they were cameras too.

But now I thinking they are part of the lighting.

But that doesn't make sense does it??

It is strange place to put lighting equipment.

nope, don't think it's the lighting... i'm quite sure they're the cameras for the 2 video screens - someone has to film what is shown on that screens, right? :bleh:

nope, don't think it's the lighting... i'm quite sure they're the cameras for the 2 video screens - someone has to film what is shown on that screens, right? :bleh:

Oh Mellody - we were posting the other night about the big panet/moon.

It is on the screen isn't it??

awww :huglove: hope you still managed to enjoy the gig! and you'll be happy to hear that the flights are starting again now, so you should be able to get back home soon. :thumb_yello:

for which song did the dragon appear on stage?

Actually, I feel a little bit unhappy at the beginning of the show as I am still not sure my flight. And many bad things happened altogether along the trip. But the gig is enjoyable. It is quite similar to the one showed in HK last year but the visual is more abundant. And I stand closer to the stage, yeah~!:thumb_yello:

The dragon appear at the song of Touches You. Really happy to see that and I think Mika like this stuff. Looking forward to the show in HK at 16/6. Hope he will speak Mandarin or Cantonese( but i think this is impossible as Cantonese is very very complicated) during the HK gig as he spoke many Spanish in this gig. I know nothing about Spanish. :aah:

@Mici: I were so worry about you as you haven't replied me. Worry about that you can come or not. But so glad to hear that you can come and have such a great experience. Thanks for your sharing. Great report! :thumb_yello:

Sorry for my poor English but I just can't stop talking now as I am now at home! After reading the reports and watching those amazing pics and vids, it recalls my memory and it is such a good experience as it is my first time watching a gig overseas~! :blush-anim-cl:

just found this, a complete recording of love today - you can also see how the tree comes up and how they prepare the stage for the song, and the whole procession:

WOT a great video: Pretending I'm there!

btw, those who were BGs/LGs... was the white rabbit in the wedding dress a fan as well, or was it someone from mika's family/crew?

in this gig the bride with rabbit head was a fan, but i have heard them also saying that one of Mika´s sisters is doing that in other gigs.

in this gig the bride with rabbit head was a fan, but i have heard them also saying that one of Mika´s sisters is doing that in other gigs.

thanx. :thumb_yello: i asked because someone had assumed that it was one of mika's sisters, but on one of the madrid videos of lollipop it didn't really look like it, as it seemed like she wasn't very sure of what to do on stage, e.g. when mika danced with her, and i think it wouldn't appear like that if it was one of mika's sisters. :bleh:

I finish the upload!!

I take the photos with a reflex camera, my neck is like a spaghetti in this moment but I'm happy with the result xD

I can not stop seeing them again and again,and again....:mf_lustslow:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yolandadominguezlee/sets/72157623902071638/

they're amazing. you can see the set so clearly in them.

t4p

just found this, a complete recording of love today - you can also see how the tree comes up and how they prepare the stage for the song, and the whole procession:

Oh Wow!

T4P!:thumb_yello:

That vid went right into my favourites.

kudos Mika!!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Oh sorry i post in barcelona, the photos is of Madrid xD

Ah that is why I couldn't quote your post with the link!:roftl:

Anyway, your photos are amazing, it's worth it to use a good camera don't you think!:thumb_yello:

Awww I love the bunny head:wink2: and thanks for the report Mici:thumb_yello:

Morning everybody! I just woke up from a well deserved long sleep after my Mikadventure (and I'm still tired!!). I've uploaded a few vids already (of course, I couldn't make so many in Barcelona, as I was part of it:aah:

Intro 1:

Intro 2:

SITM:

First and foremost I want to thank everybody that made the whole experience possible: my sisters Queenie and Mici, Yulia & friend and pufpuf (it was more than great to meet you, nutties:naughty:), Sariflor,Mr Sariflor and her mum(it was short, woman, but really worth it!!! ¡¡Tenemos que vernos más, porfa, porfa, porfa), John (I love that guy, I want to be in the JFC!!!), Anna, Marie and everybody backstage, and olf course, the Boy. Forgive me if I left somebody out, I am still far too overwhelmed by the whole thing.

I have to say this has been probably the most surreal days of my life, starting with me and Ana looking for a pharmacy for her fever, followed by utter despair due to the closing of the airport (now I know I can handle any situation for what I managed to do). We went from one place to another, making every phone call we thought would help us (we were lucky to be in our country after all) and having a good cry in despair.

After getting our gold-priced train tickets, everything slowly started to turn right: John came out looking for BGs and Lollypop girls, so we offered ourselves (I have to say I was there mainly because I didn't want to be left aside alone in the crowd, for I thought I was too big to be a lolly and too small to be a BG) and surprisingly we were in!!!:biggrin2: The corset was far too big on me, but I am so grateful I was chosen. Everybody backstage is so nice and caring, they make you feel at home (even after being told off by Mamma P :roftl:).

We managed to see most of the show from a very good spot and enjoyed to the last drop. I was so full of energy after the ****ty morning me, Ana and Mici had had that I simply had to let it all out.

The BG experience was interesting: I loved to see how it all worked and how everybody had their particular part in the show. The only complaint I have is the masks we had to wear: you hardly see anything at all, and as I told someone (maybe Yasmine? As I said, I couldn't see!!): how can I dance or march if I don't see where I put my feet???? I was the happiest person that night to share it all with sis Ana and sis Mici: girls, I love you is not enough:wub2:

Mika lost his voice after the show, so he couldn't speak in the meet & greet, but he was smiling all the time, listening to what everybody had to say and posing for a group pic (I won't say it, gals, you had way too much of it already:roftl:).

The show. Well, I think it's a visual marvel. I am so proud of the boy! The songs worked perfectly as usual, but this time the visuals are brilliant! I hadn't seen any vids or pics of the previous shows because I wanted to be surprised, and I was alright! Mika's entrance is astonishing, and so is the whole set, with Ian McGillan and all (one of my favourite actors in the show of one of my favourite musicians!!!). The band is utterly perfect, I think it took him a while but now he has found the musicians he deserves, I felt it was actually "MIka & Band", if you see what I mean. He was very nervous in this gig, I'm sure partly because he knew most MFCers couldn't make it and also because it was the first gig of the tour, but everything turned out fine (of course, we were in it too!!:roftl:).

So, all I can say is a huge THANK YOU