The revival of Mika's secret society!

IngievV

MIKA'S SECRET SOCIETY

The Revival

secretsociety.jpg

Purpose:

To promote Mika in various ways, at gigs, promo events, festivals, via internet, flyers, posters etc. in a respectful way, making people aware of Mika's music and his act as a whole and trying to stimulate album and single sales and establishing an even wider fanbase.

How to do it?

The secret society will consist of teams, spread over each country. Bigger countries might have more teams. Every team will have a leader who is in charge of motivating the members, getting in touch with the right people when necessary and lead activities organised by the secret society. Every team will have it's own (Mika related) name so it's easy for everyone to recognise who is in which team and where they are from and what they are up to.

Promoting Mika on streets/gigs/festivals/other events

Getting word out on the street about Mika when something new around him happens, such as a new single/album etc. Ask people to listen to the music and hand out flyers/posters to attract people to for example mikasounds.com and letting them get to know Mika. There are still a lot of people not aware of who Mika is (Mika? Don't know him. Oh I know the song, but who is Mika?) That needs to change.

At gigs, a lot of interested people ask who is performing. Inform them, let them hear the music and perhaps if there are still tickets available, try to attract them to see the show that night.

At festivals a lot of bands are playing and possibly at the same time as Mika. Still it would be a great idea to get people to see Mika instead. Once they have seen him live, they might have enjoyed it so much they will check out more of his music and buy his album.

Promotion online

Online promotion is an essential thing for artists these days. Email blogs about what Mika's up to, request his songs at radio stations, get him trending topic on Twitter, tweet about him in general, place banners and ads on your sites/blogs, change layouts of your myspace (does anyone still even use that?), post videos on Facebook, Youtube, anything. Just spread the word. Once it becomes viral, we're good!

That's all I've got so far. Feel free to spill your genius ideas so we can create the handbook of the secret society:roftl:

Da list so far

The Netherlands

IngievV

Patricia4u

Sasje

Marly

IngeGOLDEN

Jojotje

Germany

Melody

Nightbird

Mariposa

Bubblespurry

United Kingdom

RAK1

LaurenEngland

SerenaLovesMika

alice.loves.mika

Marilyn Mastin

Cisserz

xxmika-maddo-joxx

Denmark

Dark Angel

Hippieibbie

United States

Foalbaby14

Ecuador

nanni_ela

Lithuania

Rugilegile

New-Zealand

Nique

racinghorse83

Finland

Tiibet

Australia

Zak110695

Mika_Cherry

Spain

basicamenteyo

ArtemisArco

Romania

Vanessa

Hungary

Suzie

Italy

Lucrezia

South Africa

Mika_Freaka =)

Canada

Veronica

Uruguay

ce_mika

Greece

Louiza

Slovakia

miss_roxy

Croatia

Kat_Von_Jaxx

Belgium

funkycowgirl

Phillipines

soulnotscience

Poland

HolySusie

caramella93

Edited by IngievV

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im already doing most of that! especially online... theres a few radiostations that has asked me to request something else than Mika... and a news site not to write to em when Mika wakes up :lmfao:

Mwahahahahahahahaha

Well you could still get a team and start the streetwork:biggrin2:

What we're gonna do now should be bigger and better and more amazing, yet not cross the line:aah:

Mwahahahahahahahaha

What we're gonna do now should be bigger and better and more amazing, yet not cross the line:aah:

has anyone ever crossed the line?

has anyone ever crossed the line?

Well the key to promotion is not to exaggerate it. A while ago EVERYONE was requesting Kick Ass at a radio station and the radio station didn't like that and blamed Mika. So we need to avoid that. We're here to help him, not to get him into trouble.

Mwahahahahahahahaha

i guess u just have to do it the same way i did (still do) with another artist... i became an admin of their facebook and official supporter (but got "removed" cos i got less active... got removed about the same time i joined here... :tears:)

Edit: still a streetteam supporter for a recordcompag.

Edited by Dark Angel

Well the key to promotion is not to exaggerate it. A while ago EVERYONE was requesting Kick Ass at a radio station and the radio station didn't like that and blamed Mika. So we need to avoid that. We're here to help him, not to get him into trouble.

To be honest, if said radio station wasn't so anal, and actually played his stuff, we wouldn't have to barrage them with requests to do so!

They purport to play new music, as it comes out, they are just being over picky about who's music they will play.

Seems like they'll play just about anything as long as it doesn't have Mikas name attached. I find this insulting and discrimitory, and don't care if they don't like me, a long standing listener saying so!:sneaky2:

FWIW, we've mentioned that you were interested in doing this to

our contacts at Mika's management, so word may filter up to him about it before you see

him. They haven't given us any feedback about it yet,

but we'll certainly let you know if they do. :thumb_yello:

Uh I always wanted to be part of a secret society!!

It's a genius idea, I can't do that much over here, but I'm certainly constantly triying to "spread the word" :wink2:

I'm convincig a friend of mine at a radio station to interview me (because of the M&G i won), hope I get it so I can talk a lot about the inmense value of his music. :thumb_yello: It'll be my little grain of sand.

COUNT ME IN A MILLION TIMES OVER!! I could use 'the garlic festival' on the Isle of Wight!!?? :dunno:

:groupwave:

Yes yes yes!

FWIW, we've mentioned that you were interested in doing this to

our contacts at Mika's management, so word may filter up to him about it before you see

him. They haven't given us any feedback about it yet,

but we'll certainly let you know if they do. :thumb_yello:

Uh I always wanted to be part of a secret society!!

It's a genius idea, I can't do that much over here, but I'm certainly constantly triying to "spread the word" :wink2:

I'm convincig a friend of mine at a radio station to interview me (because of the M&G i won), hope I get it so I can talk a lot about the inmense value of his music. :thumb_yello: It'll be my little grain of sand.

Ofcourse you can do much over there! Equador needs a little Mika love as well:biggrin2:

The key is to not force Mika upon people, but calmly tell them about him. If someone's not interested, move on to the next one, don't waste your time. Perhaps we should start making lists of those interested?

Count me in for Germany :yay:

like i already said on the other thread: me too. :bleh: got several threads for it on the german forum already anyway, easy to build & coordinate the teams there - and of course include mfcers too who aren't on the german forum. :wink2: