Twitter:

spamdog

===========

VIDEOS

===========

Youtube:

Edited by Droopsy

Thanks for the lovely pics:flowers2:

But I prefer him in white pants he wore at Exit and some other gigs before:wub2:

maybe he wanted to fit the rock atmosphere:mf_rosetinted:

nah,i'm just kidding.

Thank you for the pics :wub2: i can't wait for the reports now.:biggrin2:

This is a short report, as I am leaving for holiday early in the morning but I definitely would like to be among the first ones to report from my home gig :wub2: (In fact, I am not sure if there will be many reports as most Hungarians just write to the Hungarian thread and it is not a lot of us).

As some of you might have been reading my tweets, we had a pretty tough time with fans of some of the support acts. I don’t think it is worth talking about them, but the ones standing like statures and looking bored really made me angry. I did understand them insisting on their spots, even if they knew we’d leave after Mika, but I did not get why they were standing like statues and looking bored during Mika’s performance. It might have been mainly my impresstion, but much of the audience did not really know how to enjoy themselves – as I expected, actually. Luckily, it did not effect me in particular as I had a great time singing, jumping and cheering with some MFCers around but I am sure Mika would have loved some more enthusiasm. I mean, there was some interaction but not like at his own gigs, so I missed that.

Still, it was a good gig despite all odds and I am really pleased with the fact that now anyone in Hungary who has the least bit of interest in him now had the chance to go and see him live and understand what he is all about. I talked to some people and it seems that Hungarian MFCers all liked the gig, although some of their ideas to ’impress’ him failed as they arrived relatively late. (you can’t start planning anything at 5pm in an audience most of whom came to see another band.)

Otherwise the gig was short: no time for LG / BG parade, and he did not sing KA or DrJohn, either. If I had to do it all again, I wouldn’t do anything differently. It was a different experience, but I am really pleased I fought to stay 2nd row. It was worth it:blush-anim-cl:

This is a short report, as I am leaving for holiday early in the morning but I definitely would like to be among the first ones to report from my home gig :wub2: (In fact, I am not sure if there will be many reports as most Hungarians just write to the Hungarian thread and it is not a lot of us).

As some of you might have been reading my tweets, we had a pretty tough time with fans of some of the support acts. I don’t think it is worth talking about them, but the ones standing like statures and looking bored really made me angry. I did understand them insisting on their spots, even if they knew we’d leave after Mika, but I did not get why they were standing like statues and looking bored during Mika’s performance. It might have been mainly my impresstion, but much of the audience did not really know how to enjoy themselves – as I expected, actually. Luckily, it did not effect me in particular as I had a great time singing, jumping and cheering with some MFCers around but I am sure Mika would have loved some more enthusiasm. I mean, there was some interaction but not like at his own gigs, so I missed that.

Still, it was a good gig despite all odds and I am really pleased with the fact that now anyone in Hungary who has the least bit of interest in him now had the chance to go and see him live and understand what he is all about. I talked to some people and it seems that Hungarian MFCers all liked the gig, although some of their ideas to ’impress’ him failed as they arrived relatively late. (you can’t start planning anything at 5pm in an audience most of whom came to see another band.)

Otherwise the gig was short: no time for LG / BG parade, and he did not sing KA or DrJohn, either. If I had to do it all again, I wouldn’t do anything differently. It was a different experience, but I am really pleased I fought to stay 2nd row. It was worth it:blush-anim-cl:

Suzie thank you for your nice report. I´m glad you enjoyed the gig and I wish you a nice holiday now. :thumb_yello:

Thx for the report... i have just 1 question: did he keep his shirt on?:naughty:

Have a nice holiday :huglove:

Thanks for the report Suzie. I can't understand how anyone can stand still at a Mika performance :dunno: Hopefully you will get a proper gig in Hungary next time, rather than a festival appearance.

Have a nice holiday :biggrin2:

Thank you Suzie very much! :flowers2::huglove: In spite of that not so perfect conditions, I'm very glad you had a chance to enjoy his gig in your own hometown. And rest of Hungarian fans of course. Have fun (and take rest) on your holidays!

tweets from statue_of_liberty:

don´t know how I´ve survived Papa Roach - but I did. Just have one damaged ring and a hurting finger as symptoms - thatś not bad...

no m&g, no big girls, no dr john, no kick-ass, no shirtless, bad security, crowd not very interested, but nice sweet dreams & sweet mika

edit: suzie, thanx for the report! :biggrin2:

tweets from statue_of_liberty:

don´t know how I´ve survived Papa Roach - but I did. Just have one damaged ring and a hurting finger as symptoms - thatś not bad...

no m&g, no big girls, no dr john, no kick-ass, no shirtless, bad security, crowd not very interested, but nice sweet dreams & sweet mika

edit: suzie, thanx for the report! :biggrin2:

No shirtless? :tears:

No shirtless? :tears:

i like it when he gets shirtless, but tbh, with all those things (short gig, no bgs+lgs, no m+g, no kick ass, bad crowd,...), this would've been my least worry. :rolls_eyes:

about the crowd, well, he said he likes festivals because he likes the challenge to win people over who didn't come for him. i'm sure he knows that "challenge" means that it can't always work. :dunno:

part about budapest from imma's new blog, which she just posted:

After deliriously packing and un-packing my bag I went to sleep at 3, to be woken up at 8 to leave to the airport to go to Budapest!! A place I have never been to or know much about - we got here about 4pm and after an hour we left to the venue - the drive there was great we got to see some beautiful buildings, the architecture here is so interesting, I would love to come back and have more of a wander.. The line-up was bizarre, we were wedged between Papa Roach and 30 Seconds to Mars, both bands which I like and own albums of but it was interesting to see the crowd reaction. WE rocked our socks off, people danced, clapped, waved - it was great fun and it felt great to be back on stage. After the show, I had a massage - SOOO good and then Maria and I went to watch 30 Seconds to Mars and rocked the side of stage!! When all the girls came on stage it was so funny to see their reaction to Jared Leto - I have to admit he really is very pretty, if a bit too much if you catch my drift? I had a chat with Shannon, the drummer who seemed very nice and normal.So here I am back at my room watching Budapest go by with it's crazy flash storms!!

so, looks like at least some in the crowd danced, clapped and waved, so maybe it wasn't that bad. :wink2:

Thanks for your report, Suzie, and thanks for keeping us updated last night!! :wub2: Sorry to hear about the crowd, I know you were a bit worried about it before the gig. But it was a festival and he performed between some other artist, so he must have known it's a challenge, as already mentioned. Still, you had a lovely time and now people in Hungary had a possibility to see him. Next time it can be his own small show like it was in Helsinki. Enjoy your holidays!! :biggrin2:

oh....:sad:

what was it?

What were they planning??

Btw Thank you so much for the report! Mika can make it through ANYTHING, regardless of the crowd, I am POSITIVE more than a hand full of people who did not know about him left wanting to go home and research his music!!