Daily Star: MIKA’S VIGIL FOR SIS

dcdeb

From the Daily Star:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/170682/Mika-s-vigil-for-sis/

WHILE most people spent Christmas tucked up on the sofa stuffing their faces and toasting the Queen, big-hearted Mika put the recording of his new album on hold to keep a vigil at his sister’s bedside.

Paloma Penniman, 28, has been recovering in the Royal London Hospital since October when she fell 50ft out of a window in Kensington in a freak accident and became impaled on railings.

Talking for the first time about his sister at the Cirque Du Soleil Totem premiere, Mika told me: “At the end of last year I was going back and forth between Paloma and the recording studio in America.

“Christmas was a bit different this year.

“We didn’t want to leave my sister on her own so all of my family were in hospital on Christmas Day and we have been with her every day over the holidays.

“We tried to make it all fun for her but it has been awful, such a shock, and we don’t know when she will be able to leave. It is still pretty serious.”

The 27-year-old hopes to release the follow-up to The Boy Who Knew Too Much this year.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From the Daily Star:

WHILE most people spent Christmas tucked up on the sofa stuffing their faces and toasting the Queen, big-hearted Mika put the recording of his new album on hold to keep a vigil at his sister’s bedside.

Paloma Penniman, 28, has been recovering in the Royal London Hospital since October when she fell 50ft out of a window in Kensington in a freak accident and became impaled on railings.

Talking for the first time about his sister at the Cirque Du Soleil Totem premiere, Mika told me: “At the end of last year I was going back and forth between Paloma and the recording studio in America.

“We didn’t want to leave my sister on her own so all of my family were in hospital on Christmas Day and we have been with her every day over the holidays.

“We tried to make it all fun for her but it has been awful, such a shock, and we don’t know when she will be able to leave. It is still pretty serious.”

The 27-year-old hopes to release the follow-up to The Boy Who Knew Too Much this year.

Poor Paloma :boxed:

At least, she is not alone but surrounded by her family..

From the Daily Star:

:huh::tears::sad::crybaby: News about Paloma, at least she isn't worst, :huh: I keep praying for her

I was wondering about her...and waiting to hear some news... maybe it's not very cheering but still it's good to know that she haven't spent christmas alone but surrounded by her beloved ones...

it's nice that they stayed together for the holidays... it is meant to be spent with family...

but record studio in America??? :blink: already? really? :teehee:

why do i think that's not true...

perheaps because it's too good to be true?? :naughty: or simply coz it's mika... who has a very manly angled ''wallet'' :mf_rosetinted:

awww...poor paloma...and all of them.

everyones been asking me 'how is Mikas sister' (everyone meaning like 4people :mf_rosetinted: actually maybe more :P or less ?)

Thanks for the update =)

yeah everyone ask me that too (3 persons):mf_rosetinted:(my best friend, my mom, housekeeper)

spending Christmas in hospital is no fun but at least her family was with her

I think we need to keep her in our thoughts/prayers for some time still:thumb_yello:

+1 :thumb_yello:

bad for she's still in hospital, but good for she is with her family :wub2:

*keeping get well wishes to her*

From the Daily Star:

poor Paloma, still in hospital :emot-sad:

recording studio in America? really?:shocked: already?:blink:

thanks for posting :thumb_yello:

awww...poor paloma...and all of them.

everyones been asking me 'how is Mikas sister' (everyone meaning like 4people :mf_rosetinted: actually maybe more :P or less ?)

Thanks for the update =)

It's funny every now and again, my sister asks me. She's not a fan, but she is a nurse, so I guess it's that side of her coming out.

It can get REALLY boring in hospital, when my nephew was in with his leg in traction, he was completely fed up, so I can imagine poor Paloma must be completely cheesed off by now. But it's all for the best if it gets her recovery speeded up. I hope she takes her time though, best to heal slowly, than rush and have to start all over again.

It's great to hear that there all spent Christmas day with her, that will help her immensely, although it must have been pretty crowded in her room, with all of them there.

If it is true that he was bouncing between here and the States recording (slightly dubious about that), it would explain why it was so quiet on Twitter etc. He wouldn't have had time. Although it doesn't explain the hibernation tweet. Very strange!

Oh shame. :sad: This isn't a surprise at all but it's still hard to hear how seriously this has affected the whole family. My heart really goes out to Paloma. I hope next Christmas is a much better one for her.

Now we know Paloma's still in hospital--which I had thought might still be the case. Really shouldn't yap on so much about perceived mikasounds.com shortcomings or frequency/nature of twitter updates. How I feel, anyway . . .

Really shouldn't yap on so much about perceived mikasounds.com shortcomings

These things are not related IMO. One is Mika's personal life and one is Mika's professional image, which I assume is largely the responsibility of others.

Now we know Paloma's still in hospital--which I had thought might still be the case. Really shouldn't yap on so much about perceived mikasounds.com shortcomings or frequency/nature of twitter updates. How I feel, anyway . . .

Indeed, that what I was eluding to in my last post, that it explained why he wasn't tweeting so much.

It would seem that for the next few months too he will be probably continuing along this road, so we know that he may not be communicating too much, which under the circumstances, is understandable.

I don't know why, but it really saddens me she's still in hospital

it is sad. but not really a big surprise imo, considering the type of injuries she had. she has a long road ahead of her i'm sure.

but record studio in America??? :blink: already? really? :teehee:

why do i think that's not true...

:teehee:

Archived