2012 - Mika Co-Writes on New Madonna Album

Christine

Madonna-MDNA-standard-edition-cover-art.jpg

http://www.drownedmadonna.com/index/item/620-madonna-gang-bang-review.html

EXCLUSIVE - A few months ago we exclusively revealed the lyrics of Madonna's Bang Bang demo. That song has completely changed and brought to life Gang Bang, co-written with Mika and co-produced with the Demolition Crew (Demacio Demo Castellon, Mike Anthony, Square Boogie and Jax) and William Orbit. We can now reveal juicy details on Gang Bang.

Both Bang Bang and the final version now titled Gang Bang are very different from Give Me All Your Luvin' and Girl Gone Wild. Bang Bang was a mid-tempo song featuring a sample synth piano, which is now disappeared on Gang Bang. If the demo was someway similar to some Mika songs, without the typical happiness, now Gang Bang is very theatrical and electronic. Now the lyrics are presented in a new manner in Gang Bang. Part of them are completely new and the chorus has changed. But, if some of the lyrics are pretty the same, the whole thing is very different and absolutely more dramatic and violent. The song is now very dark, also thanks to the new beat. One of the biggest differences, is that Madonna is now mostly speaking gently over the track in a Kill Bill like fashion. "Bang Bang, shot you dead, my lover in the head. Bang Bang, shot you dead and I never regret
," Madonna says in the chorus.

As the song progressives, so does Madonna. Her voice gets much more aggressive, and it's clear she is out to take revenge on her past lover. "I'm going straight to hell, and I've got a lot of friends there," Madonna says. "If I see that bitch in hell, I'm gonna shoot him in the head again, 'cause I wanna see him die. Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over."

The end is terrific, and it may cause controversies, especially because it is a woman to express this way. Someway, it may be compared to the video of What It Feels Like For A Girl . "I said drive bitch. And while you're at it, die bitch. Now if you're gonna act like a bitch, then you're gonna die like a bitch."

The production is very good. Gang Bang is very different from everything Madonna ever done before. Be ready to be completely blown away!

And MFC talked about it hours before :roftl::floor: :floor:

I read about this earlier today and couldn't understand why no one is writing about it on mfc so I started to think maybe it's only a rumor... :roftl:

I'm really excited about the song. Okay, I don't even like Madonna (well, maybe a few of his old songs) but I can't wait to hear a song co-written by Mika, and this really gives him some good publicity. But now I'm also even more curious about his own album! I hope he will give us more clues and thank god he is also performing this weekend, at least we will see new videos!

Edit: He talked about bang bang, didn't he?

Edit: He talked about bang bang, didn't he?

The song was originally titled Bang Bang and it was written by Mika and W. Orbit, apparently.

I already posted this bit I found on YT on the other thread, but here it is again.

(PS: take this with a pinch of salt though... or maybe 3 pinches :teehee:)

Edited by suzie

Oooh interesting news... I wonder what to expect from this, but I guess it can only be good publicity around the globe for him :thumb_yello:

Weren't there rumours back in 2007 that he was working on Madonna's next album? I was not a fan yet but I remember the fuss about this in the French media.

The song was originally titled Bang Bang and it was written by Mika and W. Orbit, apparenlty.

I already posted this bit I found on YT on the other thread, but here it is again.

Doesn't sound very Gang Bangish does it? :naughty: It's very pretty. Hope her voice doesn't ruin it. :teehee:

Weren't there rumours back in 2007 that he was working on Madonna's next album? I was not a fan yet but I remember the fuss about this in the French media.

Yes I think he denied the rumours at the time actually. It sounds like he didn't meet her until the Oscars in 2009.

The song was originally titled Bang Bang and it was written by Mika and W. Orbit, apparenlty.

thanks Suzie, it's a lovely melody :wub2:

Exactly my thoughts :teehee:

Well I have to say Ray of Light is my favourite album of hers and one of the bright spots of the sad pop music scene of the late 90s. So I have hope for William Orbit and now Mika too.

I do not connect this kind of music to the title Gang Bang. I expected something more...sexually charged:naughty:

Yes I think he denied the rumours at the time actually. It sounds like he didn't meet her until the Oscars in 2009.

I recall him and Katy going to Madonna's gig and Katy met her then, so I am sure Mika did too. I don't know when that was though:naughty:

I recall him and Katy going to Madonna's gig and Katy met her then, so I am sure Mika did too. I don't know when that was though:naughty:

I think Mika's idea of "meeting" is probably not the same as ours. i.e. 30 seconds at a M&G. :naughty: If he was at her house then they probably had a real conversation.

I think Mika's idea of "meeting" is probably not the same as ours. i.e. 30 seconds at a M&G. :naughty: If he was at her house then they probably had a real conversation.

It was backstage at her concert and Katy almost fainted:naughty: