Big Girl Video:version #2...

BonjourMika1990

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this version better, except for the fact that Mika's little dance movie thing during the "dance-off" was cut out

yea i agree with u, i like this one better but i do miss seeing him bust a move :naughty:

is this the one they aired or do they play both?

Thanks for posting, bonjour! I REALLY like this new version. Everything seems brighter and more lively than the first version, while still maintaining the organic feel. It's amazing what a little editing can do... Maybe the other version was released to meet a deadline?

Thank you Babs! (As always!)

Well, now that I see this one, I don't get what the whinging is about. They did exactly what half of you wanted after seeing the first one... cut it up more so that the dancing was more vibrant and professional-looking. I don't know, the "storyline" inconsistency doesn't bother me so much, though I am sad that the dancing-circle bit was cut out. Not only Mika's dance-off with some of the girls (which was great!) but also the little boy doing the flip, and the pan that showed it wasn't just Big Girls there, but also men and women of all sorts of sizes. Then again, since the song is called Big Girl, it makes sense to focus on that.

So yeah, I wish more of the circle bit had been kept, but I do like it.

--Jack

Thank you Babs! (As always!)

Well, now that I see this one, I don't get what the whinging is about. They did exactly what half of you wanted after seeing the first one... cut it up more so that the dancing was more vibrant and professional-looking. I don't know, the "storyline" inconsistency doesn't bother me so much, though I am sad that the dancing-circle bit was cut out. Not only Mika's dance-off with some of the girls (which was great!) but also the little boy doing the flip, and the pan that showed it wasn't just Big Girls there, but also men and women of all sorts of sizes. Then again, since the song is called Big Girl, it makes sense to focus on that.

So yeah, I wish more of the circle bit had been kept, but I do like it.

--Jack

I totally agree with you about the circle thing. I like both videos - each has its pluses and minuses. :biggrin2: mostly pluses, of course.

Did anyone notice in this one that the Big Girls in the beginning drop trench coats?

Then when it pans out, you can see several laying on the ground. That wasn't in the first one, was it?

ooohh I like this one waaay more! I secretly hope this is the version that's gonna get all the airplay:fisch:

Well this is the version that is getting the airplay in the UK right now. Can't you see I recorded it from B4 and didn't edit. sorry!:naughty:

Well this is the version that is getting the airplay in the UK right now. Can't you see I recorded it from B4 and didn't edit. sorry!:naughty:

lol, i did think it was from tv... but didn't know where it came from so now I know lol.

Anyways, I don't think I'll have to expect this song to pop up on tv anytime soon around here... relax is just starting to climb in the charts... And love today.. well we just totally skipped that or something:sneaky2:

Babs, you're a legend. :wub2:

I like the trenchcoat toss and the Big Girl shoulder shakes that weren't in the other video. The street dance sequence has less order to it in the second version but it also feels more fun. More Mika face time and braces action is always a good thing. I like the scene where Mika frames his face with the Big Girls' bodies in the second version better: the first version fits the beat of the music better but the second version is cheekier. It's a pity that all that's left of the dance-off is the some slow-motion clips (I liked Mika's Elvis-eque moves :bleh:) but there's more general Big Girl dancing which is also fun and Cherisse's appearance (nice dress!). Overall, the second clip feels more fun and lively, more of a celebration than the first. The first version is a good keepsake for the Mika fans but the second version is better for general airplay. :thumb_yello:

I LOVE THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!! The first one, I went back and forth one but this one totally floats my boat!!! :biggrin2: The big girls are having a lot more fun and I love the Mika close ups. It is MORE FUN! I am so happy lol! Yeah so I get my kicks off of Mika videos. :roftl:

Isn't this one just what we asked for?? :biggrin2: We felt a twinge of disappointment with the first one, but now it gives us such a thrill to see an improved version. Do you think Mika read the comments on the forum?? (We are a marketing manager's dream, aren't we??!!):wink2:

And thanks Babs for the youtube post, as always you are wonderful for those of us in far off places!!:punk: