Petition to be Official Fan Club!!

Wendi

Yeah...I wonder. But you know that in the 3 times I've met and spoken with him, I've had less and less of his voluntary attention. He's too preoccupied and less amused. As much as he appreciates his fans, its probably much more difficult now to get too close and he won't listen to a twat like me. I'd be suprised if he even remembered our last meeting. Although it may seem like a big deal to me (or us at the MFC) - he encounters fans by the thousands.

I doubt he even makes his own schedule, but hey, maybe we can at least plant the idea in his head. I'd be curious to see his reaction to the question too.

"Mika, if the fan club was able to pay you at your going rate, we wondered if you would consider holding a special, exclusive gig for MFC members only?

:naughty: "

suz..he has a very good memory :) im sure he remembers u!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

suz..he has a very good memory :) im sure he remembers u!

Yeah I agree. He doesn't meet thousands of fans. Even with the number in the hundreds there aren't that many people he's met 3 times or more. He even has tapes of your interview and the presentation of the yearbook and I'm sure he's seen your entry in the book as well.

Even if he didn't recognize you immediately I'm sure it would take very little prompting. You were the only person he spoke to at the last concert.

Anyway if Jerry is there maybe we could run it by him.

I would like to see him play a gig in London for a capacity of about 500 for MFC and give us a year's notice so people could come up with the money to travel.

It's actually something we could probably go ahead and set up if we paid him his going rate and arranged it with his booking agent. Only problem be the venue and the massive coordination effort.

That would be amazing. My rational side would not be able to talk my Mika-obsessed side out of something like that. I'd be there with bells on. :plane:

Granted, I'd have to talk to my rich uncle - his name is Visa - but that's what rich uncles are for. :fisch:

That would be amazing. My rational side would not be able to talk my Mika-obsessed side out of something like that. I'd be there with bells on. :plane:

Granted, I'd have to talk to my rich uncle - his name is Visa - but that's what rich uncles are for. :fisch:

:roftl: Uncle Visa ... HILARIOUS !!!! :roftl: ........ :blink: I don't have an Uncle Visa ..... :no:

:roftl: Uncle Visa ... HILARIOUS !!!! :roftl: ........ :blink: I don't have an Uncle Visa ..... :no:

Hmm, my sugar daddy Mastercard sounds a bit like your uncle! :mf_rosetinted:

Christine is right, though this would take a lot of thought, co-ordination and organisation. Would he be cheaper acoustic, without the band? You'd have to have a proper treasurer, would he expect security to be supplied, we would certainly have to hire bouncers, would the venue supply that? Sorry, I'm jumping about all over the place here, just trying to remember what we discussed. ICA is a really nice little venue, it has a nice little bar as well.

A lot would depend on how much he charges and where it's held - the more famous he gets the more he may charge, of course he might give us a good rate - but we couldn't bank on that.

I have to confess, Kath, Abby, Rose and I discussed this after the Newcastle gig. We even drew up a provisional plan of action. :naughty: We didn't get too far.....

We were going to try to ask John, but we never really got the opportunity, and bearing in mind that I went to 4 gigs after Newcastle, it's not always that easy to get their attention.

I don't know if Freddie knows anything........

Yeah, that would break a lot of hearts. Even if we tried to psych ourselves into believing it was a blessing in disguise because we all get to meet eachother (ie. the Hammersmith cancellation), it would still be the biggest disappointment ever because of the investment and sacrifice that would be poured into it. :boxed:

that's why everything in Feb is going to happen on cue!

yep!

yep!

that is all I ask!!!!!:mf_rosetinted::roftl:

the only problem with Mika doing a private gig for the MFC is that we don't all live together. He'd have to do one in each country he went to and even then some countries are too big and some just don't get visited.

And the boat trip? Please, can we have something without sun? As an Aussie who feels she get far too much of it, I'd rather go somewhere cool. I didn't think of this in the fantasy thread when you first put the idea up Suzy, but it's been crossing my mind since then. Sorry to everyone else who lives in cold places....

(Not that i can EVER see this happening, but it's a reeeeaallly nice thought.)

Oh no! hot place, desert island, just me and Mika, too hot to wear clothes, my kinda place! :wub2::naughty:

Hmm, my sugar daddy Mastercard sounds a bit like your uncle! :mf_rosetinted:

Christine is right, though this would take a lot of thought, co-ordination and organisation. Would he be cheaper acoustic, without the band? You'd have to have a proper treasurer, would he expect security to be supplied, we would certainly have to hire bouncers, would the venue supply that? Sorry, I'm jumping about all over the place here, just trying to remember what we discussed. ICA is a really nice little venue, it has a nice little bar as well.

A lot would depend on how much he charges and where it's held - the more famous he gets the more he may charge, of course he might give us a good rate - but we couldn't bank on that.

I have to confess, Kath, Abby, Rose and I discussed this after the Newcastle gig. We even drew up a provisional plan of action. :naughty: We didn't get too far.....

We were going to try to ask John, but we never really got the opportunity, and bearing in mind that I went to 4 gigs after Newcastle, it's not always that easy to get their attention.

I don't know if Freddie knows anything........

I am sure there is no harm in asking .... probably Mika himself but also his managment etc ...

I can see Mika wanting to do something like this but his 'staff' may not be so keen ..... i guess it is always worth a bash, as Suzy says so many poeple here that are very dedicated and capable ...:thumb_yello:

What have we got to lose by asking?

I would love to be involved in this if it ever came together. Part of my job is to organise fundraising events so i do have some skills!

One question tho, anyone have any clue what the "going rate" is?

This sounds like a fantastic idea! I would definitely be in! the best thing to do is to ask Mika and John, then if we get a maybe or a yes then we can start planning! Or maybe we should come up with a plan which ppl can show to them to show we mean business cos if someone jus turned up saying they want to do a gig then they wldnt be taken seriously but if u had a plan with figures and a possible venue, they would take u a lot more seriously!!!

Contact venues, find out prices etc!! Thats my advice!

This sounds like a fantastic idea! I would definitely be in! the best thing to do is to ask Mika and John, then if we get a maybe or a yes then we can start planning! Or maybe we should come up with a plan which ppl can show to them to show we mean business cos if someone jus turned up saying they want to do a gig then they wldnt be taken seriously but if u had a plan with figures and a possible venue, they would take u a lot more seriously!!!

Contact venues, find out prices etc!! Thats my advice!

I think you're spot on.

Yeh .... its getting discussed at the moment

I just saw lots of talk about going to Mika etc etc

Ill have more details soon IF it can happen ...

I can just imagine the sort of frenzy that this is going to stir up...and this isn't really the place for it is it? I know that if you start another thread Fred (that combination of words always makes me laugh!) it would make it look as if things are further down the line than they are but we don't want the petition news (if there is any) to get lost by talk of other things :naughty: Wendi would kill us! :roftl:

I can just imagine the sort of frenzy that this is going to stir up...and this isn't really the place for it is it? I know that if you start another thread Fred (that combination of words always makes me laugh!) it would make it look as if things are further down the line than they are but we don't want the petition news (if there is any) to get lost by talk of other things :naughty: Wendi would kill us! :roftl:

Yeh I only replied as I saw people were talking about it and were down the line in some thought planning ......

Its initial discussions at the moment .. leave it with me my lovelies for a short time :thumb_yello:

Well one does try :blush-anim-cl:

I started the chat late last week ... but we never know ...they were talking about it and wanted to chat

:thumb_yello:

i would go loool

but aussie land??? damn, that's a lot of travelling hours :shocked:

maybe here in europe loooool?? (i hate planes :tears:)

Yeh :thumb_yello:

Its mega mega early stages .. but Im on it

When Im closer to them even saying yes then Ill post a thread and get all inputs

:thumb_yello:

Wow. I seriously can't even believe something like that is even being discussed. :shocked:

Super cool. :cool: