Mika Maniacs

deano

The MFC team have managed to acquire the domain name: http://www.mikamaniacs.com (Mika Maniacs.com)

It would be a shame to have such a cool domain name and not use it, so we are looking for suggestions and ideas for what to do with the domain.

Perhaps a special membership site? A mika video site? Mika picture site? Mika social network? Mika news site?

We are open to ANY idea. So be creative, think what would interest you, entertain you, amuse you, be useful to you etc...

If you don't want to post your ideas on this thread, simply PM me instead.

Also, depending on the project, we may need staff to help run the site, so feel free to also list your skills, or ways that you feel you may be able to help:

examples: Perhaps you are good with graphics, writing, creating videos at YouTube.com, perhaps you spend all day reading celeb sites and would like to share your knowledge with us, perhaps you are good at marketing, perhaps you have rich parents who want to invest in the project :bleh:

this thread is one giant brainstorming session, no idea is too crazy!

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

PS: We will be sending a free gift from the Mika Fan Store for the person who has the best idea :thumb_yello:

Good luck.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it can be used for media contents! a gallery would be great (i have many hq scans and tons of screencaps to upload! so i would give my help!) and so a video index, cause there are so many videos (and audios) here and there!

OR, if we ever become official, it would be interesting creating a special area for specific contents, like extra tickets to those secret gigs (which are *always* meant for only uk people) and stuff like that...

Great job anyway!:punk:

I would offer my graphic designing skills, but I'm really busy this summer with two jobs. :thumbdown:

Maybe a small chat room? I'm not sure though, chat rooms are a little iffy. Is there a way where say if you have your own account on there instead of PMing someone you can instant message them without having to give out your screen name? Because if you're like me you really like to get to know someone before giving out a screen name or email address. Although then again with that it might seem a little bit like Myspace and their IM.

I'm sorry I seem to come up with ideas and shoot my own down, but I figured I'd throw some things out there. :roftl:

it can be used for media contents! a gallery would be great (i have many hq scans and tons of screencaps to upload! so i would give my help!) and so a video index, cause there are so many videos (and audios) here and there!

OR, if we ever become official, it would be interesting creating a special area for specific contents, like extra tickets to those secret gigs (which are *always* meant for only uk people) and stuff like that...

Great job anyway!:punk:

Great ideas!!! I agree with you. A gallery would be great.

i like the idea of having a site for news... or pictures... or videos i guess i'm not getting that prize because i can't decide i guess if i really had to choose i would have a site for just mika pictures that could be updated often i sure do love collecting mika pictures:biggrin2:

How about keeping it for all Mika-gig/concert related? Especially feedback on how gigs went and stories on when the fans got to meet Mika - what they said/how they dressed/anything embarrassing?!

I like the chat idea and the index of videos. All the ideas seem brilliant to me so far!

How about an enormous Mikarchive in which to put everything Mika fans can collect about our hero? Or maybe we could use that site to create a community united in a virtual Mika concert. Everyone would construt his own tiny character and move around that fantasy world, interacting with others and going to different places. It would be something like the sims or second life, but less complicated, of course. Well, I don't know. I'm tired, I need some sleep and, by this hour, I'm delusional. Don't judge my intelligence by this.

I like the idea of a Mika Maniacs Multi-Media website to collect/archive all Mika-related images, audio and video in an organised fashion. The forum is a good source for such things and a great place to discuss them but as far as quality, organisation, ease of finding things, giving credit to the source and preventing expired/outdated links, a dedicated website is better. That's what I would like to see but whatever you decide to turn it into, I'm sure that it'll be great: how could it not be with such a cool name and the support of the MFC base? :wink2:

I also like the galleryarchive idea. I know this site has a gallery, however a more organised one would be better. With different areas for professional shoot pics, live pics, fan pics, and areas for media related items, such as interviews or reviews, and links etc would be good. Also adding a concert story/ comment on your mika experience or even commenting on pics would be a plus, making the site interactive to us fans.

I like every idea on here...

Especially the fan review kinda thing....

Maybe like a diary of fans by fans pertaining to mika concerts-meet -random mika things

Also maybe fan pictures with contests like.... Craziest dressed fan at a concert or something to just interact the website with the performances , basically everything MIKA but maybe in a blog setting .....

Also the mika video section is A MUST hahaha

Maybe even if it was just a few people reporting... I mean personally I think it should have at least one person from every country, to hear the different takes on Mika and his music... And eventually if even possible have it a place where MIKA himself posts a diary of sort ( to keep us up to date on concerts and random things while he is on tour eh) :) it would be nice.....

I would love to offer myself to anything needed on this site :)

I like writing things, I have 4 blogs.. haha

and I also have a sad but existing obsession with YouTube

So if you need anything for the site let me know :)

<333

Nichole

hey i can offer my graphic design skills :)

Hey Deano, Wonderful, Thank you !!!

Funnily enough, this morning I woke up with the idea to have a thread solely dedicated to Mika Interviews ... I've been a member since March & still have never posted a thread ( I'm a bit tech-challenged!!) So I was gonna suggest that anyway ..... I agree with all the ideas ..... AND would love to see an 'Interview Place' so as not have to always go to youtube etc.

THANK YOU :biggrin2::thumb_yello:

PS. I can write, & am on MFC alot (too much!) ... so if I can help .... :biggrin2::wink2:

I always wanted to have a website with all the media.

The website could have two parts:

First part: dedicated to "official media"

- Video from TV shows (interviews, songs,...) with a classification : the name of the TV show, where the video was taken (country, city), the date,….

- Audio from radio station with a classification

- Interviews in newspapers and magazines with translation in english

- Pictures

Second part : dedicated to the fans

- Video taken by the fans

- Audio

- Pictures

And a part with things made by fans : t-shirt, drawing,…

And it would be so cool if you can do something like google to make easier our researches :

Something like that :

Research : (put the words)

Choose : Fans or official

Choose : Video or pictures or audio or things made by fans

Choose the day : between … and…

And I would like so much to have video uploaded with not only a link from You Tube because I think that You Tube video can disappear but It depends of the size we can have for the website.

I know! I adore classification!!! :biggrin2:

I think that's a great idea

I always wanted to have a website with all the media.

The website could have two parts:

First part: dedicated to "official media"

- Video from TV shows (interviews, songs,...) with a classification : the name of the TV show, where the video was taken (country, city), the date,….

- Audio from radio station with a classification

- Interviews in newsparpers and magazines with translation in english

- Pictures

Second part : dedicated to the fans

- Video taken by the fans

- Audio

- Pictures

And a part with things made by fans : t-shirt, drawing,…

And it would be so cool if you can do something like google to make easier our researches :

Something like that :

Research : (put the words)

Choose : Fans or official Choose : Video or pictures or audio or things made by fans

Choose the day : between … and…

And I would like so much to have video uploaded with not only a link from You Tube because I think that You Tube video can disappear but I depends of the size we can have for the website.

I like the idea of a Mika Maniacs Multi-Media website to collect/archive all Mika-related images, audio and video in an organised fashion. The forum is a good source for such things and a great place to discuss them but as far as quality, organisation, ease of finding things, giving credit to the source and preventing expired/outdated links, a dedicated website is better. That's what I would like to see but whatever you decide to turn it into, I'm sure that it'll be great: how could it not be with such a cool name and the support of the MFC base? :wink2:

I like this idea, I am a bit anal about organisation!

I would willingly continue to record and upload all UK TV appearances and I am sure Sou would do the same for any web based international appearances or recordings.

We'll be two of your resident uploaders!:mf_rosetinted:

And if I can help in any other way, I will.

What about like, a MIKA themed myspace type thing.

Members get their own profiles that they can put videos and pics and stuff on and you could check out the following stuff...

Ipod/mp3/cell phone downloads.

an archive with all Mika related articles (News paper, TV, magazine, interviews etc)

EXCLUSIVE news like upcomming stuff and releases.

pictures, skins and banner type things.

THE CORRECT LYRICS!!!

New songs

And you can buid on that ;)

BTW I can offer myself as a blog writer (But part time only please, I can share the job with other willing participents on MFC) and answer questions and post new links and maybe even have an advice collumn?

BTW (Again!) The Mika web magazing could be issued monthly.

I could also contribute to this ;)

It is so great that you guys have managed to get that domain name. Congrats!! I'm loving everyone's ideas... everything i can think of has been mentioned. Just to highlight the fact that mikamaniacs should be about the maniacs as much as it is about mika. To have a personalised page for each and every mikamaniac would be great, but i can imagine this may require a lot of space. Other sites including our MFC have loads of stuff on Mika already, I feel that mikamaniac.com should not have the same stuff as in here. It should be completely different...and more organised. It should also be an extension of MFC, rather than a whole new thing altogether.

I would love to help, i guess i can write or produce videos if need be, or even market the idea. Just give me a buzz. :biggrin2:

Wow...that's amazing.:woot_jump: And so many great ideas! The following had ideas that were what I had in mind as well:

Mirtilla - Media Contents and special priviliges for MFC member like extra tickets, etc :thumb_yello:

musicteacher - Diary of Fans :thumb_yello:

Nickjass - focus should be aboout MIKA MANIACS :thumb_yello:

I'd love to help, however, I'm technologically challenged, so if there's a role that doesn't require tech skills let me know. I'd love to represent Toronto, CANADA as one of the most MIKA obsessed fans! :insane:

I like the Media idea! And I'd love to help out. I already own a Mika site *points to sig* so you can see my experience. And besides I have nothing better to do these weeks so that would be a nice thing to do to fill my days with:naughty:

About things like this I'm always without ideas...but I'm sure they will come...btw it's a wonderful news!!!

I definately think to something for members too...I mean...organized and for true fans

Pamette idea was good :thumb_yello:

this site should be for real fans...

it should be a section with all the speciall stuff, all the contest mika related...

another one with all the radio-tv programs and magazines where mika appear, with videos and scans...

i like the idea of chatroom and gallery:thumb_yello: