Mika Management Letter

deano

I have been reading a LOT of complaints and negativity regarding the canceling of shows recently.

I can understand why people got so angry, and I feel for them.

I am NOT going to give my thoughts or opinion on the matter, however, I was keen to let people have free speech and get stuff off their chest.

However, I believe it is now getting like a stuck record. I don't know about you guys, but personally I think it is getting quite boring now.

So how about we use our powers as the best Mika fans on the net, and instead of just complaining or sulking, we do something about it?

I am now in contact with Mika's management, and if he was over booked, then perhaps it was their fault? More specifically it may have been his tour managers fault?

So how about we use this thread to compile a letter, and I will personally ensure that everyone in Mika's management reads it.

Those who still feel angry or upset can add their thoughts, and I will compile the best parts from each person.

Then, we can hopefully move on and stop living in the past.

We have the power to make a difference, to ensure this doesn't happen again. Whining will achieve NOTHING, but this could make a difference.

Dean

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really good idea Deano, people who are wanting to voice their feelings and views on it probably need it to come to some kind of conclusion and this hopefully is their chance to be heard properly instead of just "whining" as it does bring negativity, although to be fair that is all they could do at the time before this opportunity to have a "voice" came up. :thumb_yello: "good thinking robin" as Batman would say.

I do feel those who have been affected directly by the goings on do deserve to at least to have their views on the matter at least listened to and a response of some kind would be favourable to the NOTHING they have had so far. (so a dinner date with Mika for instance would suffice...lol ok ok that's not gonna happen) hehe, can't blame a gal for trying (even though I am not even involved in it lol).

I can safely say that MIKA is not the one sitting at home calling places to schedule his concerts, and if concerts are canceled is because he had a reason to do so, it might not be a good one, but he still has reasons! People have been upset because he canceled concerts overseas and performed a free gig in NYC yesterday, but I feel like perhaps his management felt it was best to promote MIKA in the USA (where he never is btw) and later re-schedule the gigs in Europe!

Anyway, I think the idea is great, and although I am fortunate and don't have reasons to complain, I think you guys should make your voices heard!

Anyway, I think the idea is great, and although I am fortunate and don't have reasons to complain, I think you guys should make your voices heard!

I agree, I wasn't really affected by it...but still, very good idea Deano. I know there were tons of people that were very upset and should definitely post here.

Deano, Although I don't personally have anything to add on this topic at present, I just want to thank you for taking control of the situation.

We thank you for being a bridge between the fans and Mika's management, and I hope that people use this opportunity to say what they want and have it heard by those that need to hear it.

Good onya. :thumb_yello:

OMG DEANO THIS WAS TOTALLY MY IDEA!!!!

I SAID THIS IN A THREAD!!!!

Grrr...how could you take my credit?!

haha!

so yes. i agree. We should write a letter. I don't just think its a good idea but i'd like to get involved with the letter itself as well.

ooooooh im excited! im going to write an angry letter :lmao:

Good idea indeed.

The only thing that bugs me about this cancelling thing is that they still claim it's "due to illness" which is rubbish in my opinion. You don't have pneumonia one day and then are able perform again the next. My hopes are that they take a good look at Mika's tourschedule and clean it up. If they have to reschedule things, so be it. However they should take into consideration that some people actually fly out to see him perform. Cancelling in advance might piss some people off but the way things are going now is no picnic either.

So yeah, I think the letter should contain at least something about it being better to cancel in advance than at the last minute.

excellent idea Deano :mf_rosetinted:

I'm gonna quote a few of my angry posts, as I have pretty much already said what I have to say on the matter.

I am pissed off about the cancellations and I'm more pissed off about the way it's done - but what I am most pissed off about is the fact that noone seems to care about us. We are actual people with actual lives, who spend actual money to go to actual festivals and our disappointment is very very real and affects each and every one of us who have been involved in this. I do not agree with those who say that he doesn't owe us anything, each and every one of us are human beings and we deserve some kind of respect.

I'm getting seriously tired of reading that I can't expect anything from Mika. If I buy a ticket for a concert I expect to see the artist on stage and I think I have the goddamn right to expect that!

I am waiting for both an explanation and an apology. We are clearly being taken for complete idiots if they think we're gonna buy the changing stories. The pressure on the ears is not harder on a plane to Scandinavia than it is on a plane to anywhere else and you can not have a chest infection in your ears. You can't play a secret gig if you have no voice! You can't take a week off in UK and then play in Ibiza. You can not go on stage with pneumonia in Ireland if you can't do it in Denmark. If you can't leave Europe, then you can't be in USA. It's beyond me how anyone can be this incompetent and still have a job :boxed:

This might be all about money and getting more famous, but wiping your arse with your fans does not help anyone's carreer. Whoever is in charge here owes it both to us, but even more to Mika, to get their sh!t together and do something about this before it damages his carreer for real.

I agree. you see that night the same day with GMA, the evening concert was supposed to in Montreal (cancelled ahead of time tho). its a shame too because some of us Canadians could have come to the free NY concert if we knew ahead! oh well:) I love MIKA and he is doing his best under the circumstances ! The letter is an excellent way to voice our opinions in a creative and constructive manner!:)

suzanne:)

Firstly this thread is a brilliant idea.

I would like to add in my two cents as cancellations have effected me (Big Chill 2007)

I really wouldnt have minded Mika canceling this festival it was just the way in which it was done that really upset me having found out only hours before he was due on stage he wouldnt be coming AND even then it was only someone who had seen the MFC flag and told us out of the kindness of their own heart.

We were pretty much ridiculed at the festival after this point and it was extremely hurtful.

Then Mika appears in Ibiza....he didnt really look THAT ill just tired.

Im just fed up of being strung along and i just want Mika's management to let us know what is happening and not to keep us in the dark if we mean so much.

Oooo and also the cancellation of the charity canadian concert aswell - yet he performs a free concert in the time slot instead after the GMA.

We are in the week of V festival now so if Mika is going to cancel this one i would atleast like to know in advanced instead of on the day please!!!!:thumb_yello:

Okay, short answer. Great idea btw :biggrin2:

Ok, I hate standing in mud to my knees, feeling sorry for an artist who is supposedly sick, then being told that he played a secret gig the evening before. Not much to do about it, except from being pissed. Then another gig in my country gets cancelled "because of pneumonia", and he still plays gigs in Ireland and Scotland the days after. Which is also festivals. That makes me a tiny bit annoyed and angry. That is really really retarded planned by .. them. Whoever that is.

As the magazin said "If you want to **** with two festivals, then you should at least do it in silence".

Im with Kata.

I'm gonna quote a few of my angry posts, as I have pretty much already said what I have to say on the matter.

I am waiting for both an explanation and an apology. We are clearly being taken for complete idiots if they think we're gonna buy the changing stories. The pressure on the ears is not harder on a plane to Scandinavia than it is on a plane to anywhere else and you can not have a chest infection in your ears. You can't play a secret gig if you have no voice! You can't take a week off in UK and then play in Ibiza. You can not go on stage with pneumonia in Ireland if you can't do it in Denmark. If you can't leave Europe, then you can't be in USA. It's beyond me how anyone can be this incompetent and still have a job :boxed:

This might be all about money and getting more famous, but wiping your arse with your fans does not help anyone's carreer. Whoever is in charge here owes it both to us, but even more to Mika, to get their sh!t together and do something about this before it damages his carreer for real.

I really don't think I can add anything to that.

Thanks Kata.

Edit: actually I would.

As much as others are sick of hearing us 'whining on' I am sick of being patronised by people, and being told how I should feel and what I should do.

I agree with you all, i havent been in the situation you guys have .. as of yet ... however i feel for you all, and can put myself in your shoes by the way i would feel if it happened to me too. The way i see it is, mika has his fans, ok .... however this fan club is full of his hardcore fans .. whom are utterley devoted to him and even find the time to travel around the country...even across seas to see him and his concerts.The fanclub even promote him by posting threads about news of him , gigs , MFC logos on there myspace etc. Im sure Mika appreciates all of this and i love mika to bits ! - however could make it up to everyone by apologising or giving an explanation like kata quoted. I would feel the same if it happened to me ( like a peice if S**T :naughty: ) Maybe it is his management who created all these cancellations, but it only takes 1 person to apologise, and write a simple blog .. hopefully it will be his management, however it seems everyone is dodging the fans at the minute .... or maybe just babs and kata :naughty: i think its a great idea deano too . :thumb_yello:

..... ERM ... THANKS FOR THIS CONSTRUCTIVE THREAD DEANO ..... :punk:

I DO hope it's NOT going to be the 35th Thread about HOW p****d off ppl are about Mika & his Management ....... that's NOT why I'm here ..... :blink: :blink: ....... WHY ARE WE HERE ?????????????????

I'm here .... 'cos Mika & his music has changed my life ... in a big way ... !:wub2: ...... aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh