too much Mika love?

ex: i read somewhere this week that Mika and his entire family have been gifted with a beautiful smell. now... really????? under normal circumstances, they could have a smell that is distinct to them & it is nice. but all the time? did the sweat glands fairy skip their entire family??? to me, that totally ridiculous. :freak: they are only humans, not gods!

:lmao:

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but the point of this thread isn't how "other fans make us feel" but more how we behave/think when it comes to Mika. is our way of thinking rational and realistic?

ex: i read somewhere this week that Mika and his entire family have been gifted with a beautiful smell. now... really????? under normal circumstances, they could have a smell that is distinct to them & it is nice. but all the time? did the sweat glands fairy skip their entire family??? to me, that totally ridiculous. :freak: they are only humans, not gods!

and for the record, i've only seen Mika twice in concert + 1 tv show, so putting him on a pedestal because i don't see him as often as other fans, doesn't seem to apply. I think it's a personality trait or personal circumstances.

all that being said, i still think he is THE BEST popstar i've ever known & i am happy to be part of his fan club. :wub2:

I am slightly confused, some fans have said that they think the pennimans smell amazing? :aah:

I am slightly confused, some fans have said that they think the pennimans smell amazing? :aah:

that they smell naturally good. they may smell nice under normal circumstances, but like any humans sweat is sweat, no matter what your last name is.

and no, i've never smelt Mika nor anyone in his family :naughty: it's just common sense to me.

that they smell naturally good. they may smell nice under normal circumstances, but like any humans sweat is sweat, no matter what your last name is.

and no, i've never smelt Mika nor anyone in his family :naughty: it's just common sense to me.

:lmfao: That is pretty odd. I don't think I'd ever have a chance to smell the 'natural scent' of them. But to be honest, I would quite like to, to see what the fuss is all about :aah:

:lmfao: That is pretty odd. I don't think I'd ever have a chance to smell the 'natural scent' of them. But to be honest, I would quite like to, to see what the fuss is all about :aah:

that's why they should have the scratch and sniff t-shirt available to fans :naughty:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Wow that would be awesome. I've only ever experience a scratch and sniff item once, and it was a rubber that smell so good I licked it and gipped cos it tasted weird.

So...conclusion: Don't lick Mika or his family, you will only be dissapointed!:naughty:

:biggrin2:

What does gipped mean btw?

I agree with some people, and others I don't. I agree that maybe the fans who haven't seen him as much, feel like they need to just fangirl over pics, in order to feel happy, or a way to feel less lonely, or to feel like they 'know' Mika just as much as the more 'hardcore' fans do.

But I do disagree about the being on his side all the time. He's only human, and if you are his side for everything, then it might not be the best thing, cos he isn't always right. Because we love Mika, the superstar, not Michael Penniman, the human being. And maybe we take it a bit too far sometimes. I'm sure none of his fans know how he acts in a normal days work, or just a normal day. He might actually be incredibly different to how he is with his fans, and onstage.

Like with KT Tunstall (a female singer). She says that when she is around the fans and onstage, it's like she puts on a suit, (a tiger suit to be precise) and she's fighting to be a star and just performing cos its what she does. But she is different onstage to how she is offstage. She is two different people. And I believe Mika is too. And most of us are falling in love with the popstar Mika. And to be honest, I'm not sure if it's a good thing. But I suppose no harm has come fromm it. Has it?

I hope you understand what I mean, cos I'm not very good at putting ideas into words :aah:

Agreed. There are some interaction between Mika popstar and Mika "human being" yet. How can they be two totally different persons?:teehee:So it's a bit a metaphore Imo.

I mean he is different with fans than on the stage, I saw it myself, but what we see in Mika as a performer is something that Mika person obviously has got deep inside and expresses it in the artistic way.:wink2:

One is certain: he doesn't hate his fans (especially girls) like Kurt Cobaine did and threw the bottles towards the first row.:naughty:

but the point of this thread isn't how "other fans make us feel" but more how we behave/think when it comes to Mika. is our way of thinking rational and realistic?

and for the record, i've only seen Mika twice in concert + 1 tv show, so putting him on a pedestal because i don't see him as often as other fans, doesn't seem to apply. I think it's a personality trait or personal circumstances.

all that being said, i still think he is THE BEST popstar i've ever known & i am happy to be part of his fan club. :wub2:

I know exactly where you read that crap!

Agreed. There are some interaction between Mika popstar and Mika "human being" yet. How can they be two totally different persons?:teehee:So it's a bit a metaphore Imo.I mean he is different with fans than on the stage, I saw it myself, but what we see in Mika as a performer is something that Mika person obviously has got deep inside and expresses it in the artistic way.:wink2:

One is certain: he doesn't hate his fans (especially girls) like Kurt Cobaine did and threw the bottles towards the first row.:naughty:

ya...I dont think he'd be a totally different person in real life...I wouldnt like to think so :/

Maybe my sense of smell isn't as acute as it used to be, but I can't ever say that I've never got any smell from him:naughty:

I totally agree with Eloise, on all the points she raised.

Such a wise head on young shoulders:thumb_yello:

:naughty: i love how this thread was started by a "soon to be mrs penniman" questioning if there is too much Mika love :aah:

I thought it was quite scary that after we took the picture at the concertgebouw, where he leaned into me, that people started asking me what he smelled like. Because naturally, when a tall man suddenly throws his entire weight on you, the first thing you think of is: LET'S SNIFF THE B*TCH!:mf_rosetinted:

Me, myself and I are a bit schizophrenic when it comes to MIKA. I've always been. (:wub2:connie_1.gif:trumpet::bash::camping:)

I've never been a fan of fandom. It took me quite a while to sign in to the forum, just because the concept of superior-star-vs-submissive-fanatic was something I strongly disapproved of for myself. But I was so smitten with the enigma of Mika that I wanted to know everything anybody had to say about him. I didn't want to miss a single bit of footage.

Still up to that point queueing in a line to wait for a popstar to sign whatever object and keeping one's dignity were mutually exclusive things for me. It confused me to meet people who seemed perfectly sane and normal to me and still did that kind of thing.

Some time this week I've read a post in the twitter thread about the concept of treating Mika like an equal. I always really loved that thought. I just never thought it was possible. We all prefer to talk to equals, don't we? Well, I do. I don't want to look down on people. Especially not when I talk to them. Now that is easy because in one way or another we're all equal. I don't really mind looking up to people, actually. But when I talk to that kind of folk, I would like to think that there is a reason for them to listen. Namely listen to me as an individual.

I always looked up to Mika. I still do, for many reasons that go from a as in art to z as in zorro. I like him on his pedestal and I like him when he steps down from it. I don't really think that there is such a huge difference between pedestal Mika and eye level Mika [fig.] at all. There are traits, like his empathy, that appear through his intuitive actions so manifestly for everyone that they can impossibly be part of a manufactured persona. When he cares to make his signature tangible for a blind girl for example.

I'm not saying I don't believe that he can be difficult. Yet those pieces of Mika that are for the public are enough for me to not mind looking up to him and get in the queue. And maybe even keep my dignity. In fact it only occured to me lately that maybe he doesn't even look as far down on us as we (or I) look up to him.

connie_girl_search_sky.gif

Edited by violet_sky

:roftl: i ... i ... i don't know what to say about that. :aah:

Eloise means an eraser :wink2:

Maybe my sense of smell isn't as acute as it used to be, but I can't ever say that I've never got any smell from him:naughty:

I thought it was quite scary that after we took the picture at the concertgebouw, where he leaned into me, that people started asking me what he smelled like.

This one has always confused me too - I can certainly never remember him smelling amazing - or unamazing for that matter.

Me, myself and I are a bit schizophrenic when it comes to MIKA. I've always been. (:wub2:connie_1.gif:trumpet::bash::camping:)

I've never been a fan of fandom. It took me quite a while to sign in to the forum, just because the concept of superior-star-vs-submissive-fanatic was something I strongly disapproved of for myself. But I was so smitten with the enigma of Mika that I wanted to know everything anybody had to say about him. I didn't want to miss a single bit of footage.

Still up to that point queueing in a line to wait for a popstar to sign whatever object and keeping one's dignity were mutually exclusive things for me. It confused me to meet people who seemed perfectly sane and normal to me and still did that kind of thing.

Some time this week I've read a post in the twitter thread about the concept of treating Mika like an equal. I always really loved that thought. I just never thought it was possible. We all prefer to talk to equals, don't we? Well, I do. I don't want to look down on people. Especially not when I talk to them. Now that is easy because in one way or another we're all equal. I don't really mind looking up to people, actually. But when I talk to that kind of folk, I would like to think that there is a reason for them to listen. Namely listen to me as an individual. I always looked up to Mika. I still do, for many reasons that go from a as in art to z as in zorro. I like him on his pedestal and I like him when he steps down from it. I don't really think that there is such a huge difference between pedestal Mika and eye level Mika [fig.] at all. There are traits, like his empathy, that appear through his intuitive actions so manifestly for everyone that they can impossibly be part of a manufactured persona. When he cares to make his signature tangible for a blind girl for example.

I'm not saying I don't believe that he can be difficult. Yet those pieces of Mika that are for the public are enough for me to not mind looking up to him and get in the queue. And maybe even keep my dignity. In fact it only occured to me lately that maybe he doesn't even look as far down on us as we (or I) look up to him.

connie_girl_search_sky.gif

I agree with a lot of your points Violet. I have always had a problem with standing in line to meet Mika. I mean, I realise that in most circumstances it is just about the only way to do it. But it just seems very wrong to me. It is like being an animal in a zoo, standing at one side of a barrier when he is at the other side.

omg, that is sooo creeepy :roftl:

This one has always confused me too - I can certainly never remember him smelling amazing - or unamazing for that matter.

I've never had the tendency to block my nose when I was next to him, but also I never felt like I had to sniff him all the time.

I've never had the tendency to block my nose when I was next to him, but also I never felt like I had to sniff him all the time.

Indeed. But with some people - particulary when they have just showered which is often the case with Mika post gig, one is hit by an over whelming whiff of products. I can't say that I have ever particularly noticed this myself.

Edited by kath

Indeed. But with some people - particulary when the have just showered which is often the case with Mika post gig, one is hit by an over whelming whiff of produucts. I can't say that I have ever particularly noticed this myself.

L'oreal....because he's worth it:mf_rosetinted: