daisylou

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Elloo! I am back from my trip to London, it was wonderful! Did not want to leave, I really loved the place! Saw Russell a few times during the week, firstly at the Focus 12 gig with Noel Fielding on Monday night, was a great show! They were brilliant together and had such great rapport as always, the moment when Russell’s belt undid itself and Noel kneeled down in front of him to fix it back comes to mind as a good example xD Russell was like "people are going to see this as sexual" and Noel was like to us "calm down" :roftl:

Met Matt in the bar beforehand and got a photo! He stopped and chatted to us for a while about the radio show live that week and was so lovely and such a gent. I noticed his hair was a bit shorter so said “Your hair looks great, did you get it cut?” and he goes “Yes, I have had my hair cut in the past” :roftl:

Mattandme.jpg

I also went along to the Ponderland recording on Thursday night, was brilliant being in the studios and all! Russell was so professional, he told us beforehand that he was really exhausted and was only holding it together thanks to caffeine, but he was still on top form and it was a great show, the topic was food! Afterwards he was in the foyer and as I went out there were about two or three girls in front of me lining up for hugs but just before I was about my turn there was a woman telling us to move and hurry along I hesitated a bit and he looked at me for a second probably thinking “is she coming or is she just gonna stare at me” but I walked around to the other side and just said “Russell” to get his attention and he gave me a hug and a kiss, was lovely. :wub2:

The next night then was the Radio Show Live, the one I was most looking forward to and justifiably so, it was an amazing gig, I absolutely loved every minute of it! It was beyond hilarious! There were 2 halves, first half was Russell and Matt sitting on a couch answering questions from the audience which also triggered off old anecdotes, there was a really nice relaxed atmosphere and they were on top form! Matt was operating a laptop and showed us some pictures of himself as a child dressed as Paddington bear and him as a teenager with tartan pants and some very different hair to what he has now! He also revealed a photo of Russell’s ballbags which had a face drawn on each one by himself and Russell, was hilarious! xD And there was another one of Russell getting his colonic irrigation, which looked extremely funny prior to it’s explanation as he was fully naked (which Matt hilariously pointed out was not necessary! xD)

In the second half Noel Gallagher came out and also Mr Gee towards the end. They brought Noel a guitar and persuaded him to do a song, he did “The importance of being idle” and it really was the icing on the cake, just brilliant! Russell also sung a breathy “When I’m 64” in the first half, found this http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=vAuOr2FZleQ

I got photos but they are really bad quality, I’m in desperate need of a new camera!

Afterwards there was such a huge crowd waiting for him and a lot of pushing and shoving, I felt sorry for him and a bit bad to be amongst it, but I still touched his hair xD and got my new edition paperback booky wook signed which my friend had given me along with a signed photo of Russ and some Russell badges cos I had got her tickets, which was so really nice of her.

DCFC0024.jpg

It’s so incredible to be around him, I was in awe! He has such an aura, and looks really stunning in the flesh. Every time he walked up through the crowd during the shows or when I got close to him afterwards I got so excited! :wub2:

Oh Justin Hawkins was at the gig too! And I also said hi to Babs (Russell’s mum) as she was walking past towards her seat, she is so sweet!

Well that’s about it, I'm so sorry for the essay! Just thought I would share my Russell experience with you all. :)

sounds amazing! glad u had a great time too!

Shaza! Shaza! Shaza! You met him, you lucky lucky lady:thumb_yello:

It sounds like your trip went well. Lovely report:biggrin2:

I did? I did! :mf_lustslow: I can still hardly believe it :roftl:

Aw thank you, it went really well thanks. I can't wait to go back, next Mika tour I'm so there :bleh:

sounds amazing! glad u had a great time too!

Thank you Dev :wub2: it was great!

I did? I did! :mf_lustslow: I can still hardly believe it :roftl:

Aw thank you, it went really well thanks. I can't wait to go back, next Mika tour I'm so there :bleh:

Can hardly believe it? Of course because it's just so shocking you met the man:)

No problemo!:wink2:

I'll be there with you. Damn! I don't live in Europe. I'll be with you...in spirit:naughty:

:shocked::mf_lustslow:

I'm so happy for you!!! You met and hugged Russell! And met Matt!

Brilliant review, thanks for sharing!!

and the show sounded funny too:lmao:

Aw thank you so much Debbie :wub2:

I just had to share it with ye all :blush-anim-cl:

Was so lovely chatting to Matt, would loved to have had a few words with Russ but he always had to leave in a rush, but it was so lovely to see him close up and get the hug and kiss :wub2:

Aw thank you so much Debbie :wub2:

I just had to share it with ye all :blush-anim-cl:

Was so lovely chatting to Matt, would loved to have had a few words with Russ but he always had to leave in a rush, but it was so lovely to see him close up and get the hug and kiss :wub2:

:wub2: oh, I can just imagine. Really a hug and kiss is just perfect!

hugs are alway good

Were you close to the stage in the gig?

Elloo! I am back from my trip to London, it was wonderful! Did not want to leave, I really loved the place! Saw Russell a few times during the week, firstly at the Focus 12 gig with Noel Fielding on Monday night, was a great show! They were brilliant together and had such great rapport as always, the moment when Russell’s belt undid itself and Noel kneeled down in front of him to fix it back comes to mind as a good example xD Russell was like "people are going to see this as sexual" and Noel was like to us "calm down"

Met Matt in the bar beforehand and got a photo! He stopped and chatted to us for a while about the radio show live that week and was so lovely and such a gent. I noticed his hair was a bit shorter so said “Your hair looks great, did you get it cut?” and he goes “Yes, I have had my hair cut in the past”

Mattandme.jpg

I also went along to the Ponderland recording on Thursday night, was brilliant being in the studios and all! Russell was so professional, he told us beforehand that he was really exhausted and was only holding it together thanks to caffeine, but he was still on top form and it was a great show, the topic was food! Afterwards he was in the foyer and as I went out there were about two or three girls ahead of me going in for hugs but just before I was about my turn there was a woman telling us to move and hurry along I hesitated a bit and he looked at me for a second probably thinking “is she coming or is she just gonna stare at me” xD but I walked around to the other side and just said “Russell” to get his attention and he gave me a hug and a kiss, was lovely.

The next night then was the Radio Show Live, the one I was most looking forward to and justifiably so, it was an amazing gig, I absolutely loved every minute of it! It was beyond hilarious! There were 2 halves, first half was Russell and Matt sitting on a couch answering questions from the audience which also triggered off old anecdotes, there was a really nice relaxed atmosphere and they were on top form! Matt was operating a laptop and showed us some pictures of himself as a child dressed as Paddington bear and him as a teenager with tartan pants and some very different hair to what he has now! He also revealed a photo of Russell’s ballbags which had a face drawn on each one by himself and Russell, was hilarious! xD And there was another one of Russell getting his colonic irrigation, which looked extremely funny prior to it’s explanation as he was fully naked (which Matt hilariously pointed out was not necessary! xD)

In the second half Noel Gallagher came out and also Mr Gee towards the end. They brought Noel a guitar and persuaded him to do a song, he did “The importance of being idle” and it really was the icing on the cake, just brilliant! Russell also sung a breathy “When I’m 64” in the first half, found this http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=vAuOr2FZleQ

I got photos but they are really bad quality, I’m in desperate need of a new camera!

Afterwards there was such a huge crowd waiting for him and a lot of pushing and shoving, I felt sorry for him and a bit bad to be amongst it, but I still touched his hair xD and got my new edition paperback booky wook signed which my friend had given me along with a signed photo of Russ and some Russell badges cos I had got her tickets, which was so really nice of her.

DCFC0024.jpg

It’s so incredible to be around him, I was in awe! He has such an aura, and looks really stunning in the flesh. Every time he walked up through the crowd during the shows or when I got close to him afterwards I got so excited! :wub2:

Oh Justin Hawkins was at the gig too! And I also said hi to Babs (Russell’s mum) as she was walking past towards her seat, she is so sweet!

Well that’s about it, I'm so sorry for the essay! Just thought I would share my Russell experience with you all. :)

:shocked: Woah!

Sounds fun :naughty: Glad you had a good time :wink2:

Elloo! I am back from my trip to London, it was wonderful! Did not want to leave, I really loved the place! Saw Russell a few times during the week, firstly at the Focus 12 gig with Noel Fielding on Monday night, was a great show! They were brilliant together and had such great rapport as always, the moment when Russell’s belt undid itself and Noel kneeled down in front of him to fix it back comes to mind as a good example xD Russell was like "people are going to see this as sexual" and Noel was like to us "calm down"

Met Matt in the bar beforehand and got a photo! He stopped and chatted to us for a while about the radio show live that week and was so lovely and such a gent. I noticed his hair was a bit shorter so said “Your hair looks great, did you get it cut?” and he goes “Yes, I have had my hair cut in the past”

Mattandme.jpg

I also went along to the Ponderland recording on Thursday night, was brilliant being in the studios and all! Russell was so professional, he told us beforehand that he was really exhausted and was only holding it together thanks to caffeine, but he was still on top form and it was a great show, the topic was food! Afterwards he was in the foyer and as I went out there were about two or three girls ahead of me going in for hugs but just before I was about my turn there was a woman telling us to move and hurry along I hesitated a bit and he looked at me for a second probably thinking “is she coming or is she just gonna stare at me” xD but I walked around to the other side and just said “Russell” to get his attention and he gave me a hug and a kiss, was lovely. :wub2:

DCFC0024.jpg

It’s so incredible to be around him, I was in awe! He has such an aura, and looks really stunning in the flesh. Every time he walked up through the crowd during the shows or when I got close to him afterwards I got so excited!

Well that’s about it, I'm so sorry for the essay! Just thought I would share my Russell experience with you all.

I'm glad you had a good time Sheree! It sounds hilarious :naughty:

And you got a hug and a kiss? I'm jealous!:bleh:

Look at the cake Kary made me :naughty:

CarriesBirthday.jpg

Guys, guys, guys! Look what I found. A celebrity look alike...of Russell Brand.

http://www.splitting-images.com/russell%20brand.html

Personally, I do not think this Guy Combes looks like Russell Brand. He looks more like Sweeny Todd or something. But hey, that's just my opinion.

:roftl:

Maybe the outfit a little but definitely not the hair. Or the face :naughty:

oh, I can just imagine. Really a hug and kiss is just perfect!

hugs are alway good

Were you close to the stage in the gig?

On Monday night I was in Row G, which was actually closer than I thought it'd be! For Ponderland I was near the back cos I didn't have priority tickets and got spares off people in the queue, but was lucky to have even got in cos it was just about 200 people I think, and Friday night I was in Row C :D

I thought we lost you

I´m so happy you had a blast but i´m extremely jealous..Justin Hawkins too? *sighs* I wish i was there

Thanks for the amazing review!!

Aw thanks Queenie! I wish all ye guys could have come too! Hopefully Russell will be doing something next time Mika's touring, would make it a very worthwhile trip to London :wink2:

Yeah I still don't really know how Justin ended up there xD the one who runs Russell's fansite is a big fan of his too though so, something happened there I guess! Was funny when Russell came into the crowd and was like "... Justin Hawkins!!" :roftl:

Woah!

Sounds fun Glad you had a good time

Thankies Jessica :D

I'm glad you had a good time Sheree! It sounds hilarious

And you got a hug and a kiss? I'm jealous!

Look at the cake Kary made me

CarriesBirthday.jpg

Thanks Carrie!

Aaaaw that's so cool! How thoughtful! I didn't know it was your birthday sorry, hope you had a good one :wink2:

Guys, guys, guys! Look what I found. A celebrity look alike...of Russell Brand.

http://www.splitting-images.com/russell%20brand.html

Personally, I do not think this Guy Combes looks like Russell Brand. He looks more like Sweeny Todd or something. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Oh noes! :roftl: That guy creeps me out a bit *shudders* but thanks for sharing xD

• 2 weeks later...