daisylou

You forgot to mention he cut off Robert Pattinson. :mf_rosetinted:

Twilight fans think that's reason enough to start a hate club.

YEAH. He cut off Robert Pattison.

whoever that is. i only watched the highlights.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe people are taking it so seriously :blink:

Relax! Why let the opinion of one man stir you up so much?

As for the political remarks, don't you realise that political choices made in America affect the rest of the world and the British economy too. The UK and the US are meant to be allies, and Russell has the right to freedom of speech as does everyone else.

As far as I'm concerned, until they let the Brits vote in our election, it doesn't really matter. plus your queen looks like an ape.

And it's not that I'm mad about what Russell said. It's more-so the fact that I'm being told that I just don't understand his humor because I'm an American.

Maybe I don't understand his humor because he was a pushy a-hole who was trying too hard to insult people with viewpoints different from his, calling anyone who doesn't vote for Obama a racist, etc.

My mom loved Russell Brand, but she was mad when he started the whole Obama rant. Whether you're voting for Obama or not, it's annoying. And yes, our president may be a "stupid cowboy" or whatever he called him, but that's not the point.

I know who we pick for President (or who "they", as in a group of random unknowns who decide our future, pick) effects the rest of the planet, but it's still irritating.

I didn't see the Jordin Sparks thing. What happened?

I saw them pan to Ciara and she was just shaking her head with a bored look on her face.

omg mine too!

*Concechsunnnnnnnn!*

I was bit angry too, i mean, honestly, he is british it one shouldnt matter to him, and too he is ruining the show by bringing politics into things.

But i loved him:)

As far as I'm concerned, until they let the Brits vote in our election, it doesn't really matter. plus your queen looks like an ape.

And it's not that I'm mad about what Russell said. It's more-so the fact that I'm being told that I just don't understand his humor because I'm an American.

Maybe I don't understand his humor because he was a pushy a-hole who was trying too hard to insult people with viewpoints different from his, calling anyone who doesn't vote for Obama a racist, etc.

i think he might've ment that obama's views were like...the most ideal ones that an candidate for the president could have, and that most people would vote for him - UNLESS they were racist :bleh: Of course he says this because he is a supporter.

I don't see anyone claiming that.

I just think that people are taking it too seriously. He's a comedian, he makes jokes, he pokes fun at people, that's what he does, and it would be boring it there wasn't a bit controversial. I for one admire him for having the guts and not holding back.

Politics is relevant everywhere. And it's not the first time it was addressed at the VMAs, wasn't it P Diddy that wore that "vote or die" on his tshirt last time?

I just think that people are taking it too seriously. He's a comedian, he makes jokes, he pokes fun at people, that's what he does, and it would be boring it there wasn't a bit controversial. I for one admire him for having the guts and not holding back.

Politics is relevant everywhere. And it's not the first time it was addressed at the VMAs, wasn't it P Diddy that wore that "vote or die" on his tshirt last time?

yeah like....whatshisface....

omg i wish you morons would stop making this about cultural differences. didn't any of you notice that he didn't use as much brit slang and toned down the accent? of course he wasn't being real russell, unless the fake russell is what he's like to english audiences. if an american comedian went to your countries and told you who to vote for, made fun of your queen, etc. you'd be ten different ways to pissed off. it has nothing to do with not understanding his humor, because when he's talking about british culture, it's funny. he was trying too hard, and i suppose it was hilarious if making fun of peoples' beliefs/personal choices is what you classify as humor.

Sarie, I don't think he said anything different from what any other American comedian

might have said if they had been hosting the show -- imagine

Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert or some other

very liberal comedian. They would all take pot shots at Bush,

at Miley, at the Jonas Brothers and their purity rings... Is it

because he's British that it bothers you? I think you need to

step back and not take it so seriously. And I *strongly* suggest you

refrain from calling anyone on this forum a "moron." :)

It's like Kourtney said in a PM to me.

He was basically making fun of Americans for being dumb enough for vote for Bush not once, but twice.

And again, if you watch The Daily Show with Jon Stewart you will hear

the same thing implied again and again. Or watch Jay Leno or David

Letterman doing their monologues some night... Russell

Brand didn't say or imply anything I haven't already heard 100 times before.

:naughty:

dcdeb

dcdeb

Exactly! It's no revelation. And if it's the fact that he's said this as an Englishman that annoys you, well he's not the first non-American to say or think this either I'm afraid.

Sarie, I don't think he said anything different from what any other American comedian

might have said if they had been hosting the show -- imagine

Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert or some other

very liberal comedian. They would all take pot shots at Bush,

at Miley, at the Jonas Brothers and their purity rings... Is it

because he's British that it bothers you? I think you need to

step back and not take it so seriously. And I *strongly* suggest you

refrain from calling anyone on this forum a "moron." :)

dcdeb

and canadian. The things we say about chrietian :lol3: And harper.... you think we'd be making fun of other politions not our own! :P

I agree with this 100%

Mmm.. I remember Sarah Silverman was far rude last year, specially with Britney :D. Russell didn´t use insults after all. :bleh:

I agree with this 100%

Mmm.. I remember Sarah Silverman was far rude last year, specially with Britney :D. Russell didn´t use insults after all. :bleh:

Oh I didn't like Sarah at all. No one talks bad about my Britney. :sneaky2:

Ok, so everyone talks about Britney...:naughty:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article1668117.ece

MTV want Russell to host again next year :D

:bleh:

The link's down :thumbdown:

Here's the article:

'Brand: MTV want me back next year

Russell was on top form when I caught up with him in LA as he basked in the glory of disgusting America.

And he revealed his controversial outbursts were TONED DOWN by MTV censors.

Russell said: “MTV told me that they want me to do it again. Afterwards they were really thrilled. There was a 20 per cent increase in viewers from last year’s show and wow, isn’t life exciting.”

Russell’s savage comic tongue lashed Republicans, MADONNA, THE JACKSON 5 and, in particular, clean-cut pop trio THE JONAS BROTHERS in an opening monologue that left America open-mouthed.

I didn’t realise there was anyone left to offend — until he told me what was cut from his script.

Russell revealed: “I had JOHN McCAIN gags pulled. And they asked me to tone down the gags about SARAH PALIN. I wanted to say she was forcing her teenage daughter to have a baby because she is so anti-abortion.

“But also, as a Republican, she is pro-execution so she is going to give her the electric chair for being a little sl*t. They weren’t keen on that one.”

Our chinwag at s****y hotel was interrupted by a gaggle of artificially-enhanced ladies desperate to throw themselves at the Bizarre Shagger Of The Year.

Russ got hold of three phone numbers — despite his Aussie actress girlfriend TERESA PALMER being in America to support him as he took on the biggest presenting gig of his life.

And Russell told me: “I really wanted to go mental after the awards and f*** everyone — but it is difficult when your girlfriend’s in the bed.”

It didn’t seem to be holding him back from where I was sitting.

Before his VMA show, Russell snogged pop stars PINK and KATY PERRY for scenes in the follow-up to his movie Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

In Get Him To The Greek he reprises his role as frisky rocker Aldous Snow.

He also filmed a scene with CHRISTINA AGUILERA for the movie while on the Paramount set.

He revealed: “Christina was amazing. She is unbelievable — a perfect object. How could you ever talk to her about anything other than sex?

“In the scenes with Pink and Katy I got to snog them both in a day.

“Katy is lovely. She is the kind of girl who would skip down stairs lightly. She is beautiful.

“Pink is a lovely woman — a forceful, sexy woman.

“After we did our kissing scene I heard her say it has been a long time since she had kissed a man.

“With both of them I didn’t act at all. The acting stopped.”

Americans shouldn’t rush into emigrating to avoid being part of Russell’s bloodbath at next year’s MTV show.

He is still considering whether to accept their latest offer after escaping Sunday’s ceremony with his career in the States just about in tact.

He said: “It is the hardest thing I’ve ever done and I will think very carefully before accepting.

“I spent a lot of time suppressing the urge to scream a career-ending remark during the show.

“The knowledge that you could say something that would make the world go nuts was difficult.”

If that was Russell holding back, I dread to think what next year could bring.'

:D