Mika bans Boyzone cover

lcmlcm

yep!

quotes from his interview i read a few days ago

"(I) scrap websites six times, or remix my album. I went through eleven mixes of one song... not remixes, actual mixes. I remastered the album four times…."

"I've made people cry making this album and I'll probably continue doing that till I stop making records, that's part of the job"

That's him :biggrin2:

I suspect this is as much of an issue for him as the copyright infringement when it comes to some of the demos being released without his permission. Some of the tracks are very raw by Mika's standards and would probably be almost unrecognizable if he produced them in the manner of the tracks that made it onto LiCM.

I think Grace Kelly is his masterpiece and you can hear how he's worked and reworked it from acoustic through demo versions to the final product. The final product is perfect.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:naughty: Me neither, very cheesy indeed.

Go Mika, be stubburn when it comes to your music.

For me he shouldn't sell songs, he should record them all himself. He will never find someone who does it better. :wub2:

I agree ,,,I am a song writer and performer myself and I most territorial about my music. Its a tricky thing and I think its wise that MIKA records them himself too. He then won't have as much pain or heart ache or disappointment

"eek! what are they doing to my song? """

something like that!

ha, i automatically KNEW that was a Sun Article. You can just tell.

I think it's pretty interesting but I am not surprised at Mika's action. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if the article contained false information either.

I suspect this is as much of an issue for him as the copyright infringement when it comes to some of the demos being released without his permission. Some of the tracks are very raw by Mika's standards and would probably be almost unrecognizable if he produced them in the manner of the tracks that made it onto LiCM.

I think Grace Kelly is his masterpiece and you can hear how he's worked and reworked it from acoustic through demo versions to the final product. The final product is perfect.

trust me about that! It can take hundreds of recording and re-recordings!

many screams and ^&*())'s! I sympathize with him totally.!!!!

I love his dedication! wow

I think it's pretty interesting but I am not surprised at Mika's action. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if the article contained false information either.

There could be some dodginess in the article?

This has got me worried! It could damage Mika's reputation and the respect he has from other artists.

If he wasn't using the song, and had made it available to other artists, I honestly don't see what the problem is. Boyzone are sure to still have a lot of fans and probably would have been number 1. I can understand, that Mika may have not liked their version of his song, but maybe he shouldn't have offered it to them in the first place.

I think it would have been great for Mika to have a song, sung by a major boy band (or whatever they are now) at number one. It would have been a big thing for him. Boyzone could write their own song, but i think it would have been an honour for them to do a Mika song. It shows they love his work and respect him as a songwriter. I am worried now, how this is going to look to people who are not Mika's fans.

I honestly don't understand why he gave them the song, and then took it back. I'm sorry, I love him, but I think he was wrong and he's given his critics plenty of ammunition to use against him.

Love today, from Marilyn

i agree with u on this 100% i was gonna say the same thing, but u saved me time :biggrin2: lol

i agree with u on this 100% i was gonna say the same thing, but u saved me time :biggrin2: lol

Well, I've been onto The Sun and added a comment on the story. I've said that they need to get Mika's side of the story. He can't have actually signed over the rights to his song, or thay would sue him. but I know he doesn't want his songs used in Karaoke and he wouldn't want just anyone singing his songs, that they can't sing anyway, we can't blame him for that. 'Angels' has been murdered that way. But there are going to be a lot of spiteful comments, so everyone neede to get behind Mika and post our comments. We know Mika isn't spiteful, so it's NOT because of any spite he's done this and this proves, he's not in it for the money, otherwise he wouldn't mind who sings his songs. But if I'd been him, I wouldn't have offered it to a tuneless lump like Ronan Keating, in the first place.

I have a thread about Mika in The Sun forum called ironically enough "Why Are Our Media Ignoring Mika" I started it last week, when they didn't even mention his performance at the awards. So it's there, in the entertainment section, for people to have their say.

Love again from Marilyn

*now get ready forme to reveal the world my dirty secret... :blush-anim-cl: :blush-anim-cl: * I used to like boyzone years ago, when they were still together, esp. steven (stephen..?:boxed: ): gosh what a fan, i don't even remember his name! :naughty: not as much as many other musicians, but I did like them..

ok, now I have opened my heart and am selfconscious my musical taste got A LOT better in the meantime, :mf_rosetinted: I wanna thank who posted this.

THIS song is one I'd love to listen too.. in mika's version o.c. (I could care less about boyzone now :fisch:): if it's only half as good as how much do you love me, it's a masterpiece! :punk:

yep!

quotes from his interview i read a few days ago

"(I) scrap websites six times, or remix my album. I went through eleven mixes of one song... not remixes, actual mixes. I remastered the album four times…."

"I've made people cry making this album and I'll probably continue doing that till I stop making records, that's part of the job"

That's him :biggrin2:

You are right and so is he...

All artists should insist on their right to select who is to interpret / cover their songs... yet most of them just choose the money

If someone cannot write music and rely on other people to bring them fame and fortune, they should shut up and pray for some second rate songwriter to give them something.

Perhaps they should ask Gary Barlow..:cool:

Mmmmm..........*thinks*

It's hard to have an opinion atm because i don't always believe everything i read.:biggrin2: However, If it IS true, then i think i would have done the same as Mika if i didn't like it. lol!! :naughty: Erm.....yeah, dunno, i suppose at the end of the day, if it's Mika's song, he can do whatever he wants with it and say 'yes' or 'no' to whoever records it.

Thanks for posting. :thumb_yello:

Sorry, I did not realise there is already a thread about this article, so I opened a similar one..

I think it is great that other artists are contacting Mika to collaborate as a songwriter which makes him more than just an entertainer or a pop star.. after all he is artist first.

I already mentioned that before, I think Mika has every right to withdraw any song that he offered earlier if he is not comfortable with the delivery – from a purely artistic point of view. The only downfall is calling other entertainers “cheesy” which I doubt he did, but still it is negative and I am sure Boyzone has their own fanclubs and supporters that will not appreciate that comment.

The media is not helping much by positioning things in a subjective way. I wish they stop giving their opinion instead of stating facts – and leave it up to us as readers to make up our mind. But I guess that the media game.

Mika needs to tackle this by doing more interview and get his PR people to work as hard as his fans or the MFCers to get his message across. He is a great performer, songwriter and artist and I don’t think there has been enough support for his image from a marketing point of view.

You are so right, and it's what I've been saying. His managers, or PAs haven't done him any favours, because, in this country, no one has ever got to see the sweet, boy-next-door who wouldn't hurt a fly. They only know Mika very vaguely, from certain of his songs. If he was in more interviews, people would know him better and admire him more.

Apparently, in the Sun the other day, they had a picture of Rhianna, from the World Music Awards, and stated that SHE had been at the World Music Awards!!!! Excuse me, Sun newspaper, were you forgetting one tiny little thing, like Mika's four trophies, or were you just waiting for something to print, to try and bring this awesome man down? Please everyone, go to The Sun site, when it is working and have your say. Please support Mika!!!!

Love today, from Marilyn

coming from someone who never liked boy bands (don't shoot me)

WOOHOOO MIKA!!!!! :thumb_yello:

And, I agree with whoever said a comeback should be written by the artists themselves...

Hey, why isn't there an MFC band already??? :wink2:

Mika would have to let us record his songs..

NB: any MFC bands made or started after this point of time, must give due credit to me!!:bleh:

EDIT:: WAS JUST THINKING, MAYBE MIKA TOOK IT BACK COS HE PLANS ON RECORDING IT HIMSELF NOW.....

Thanks for posting, in fact I did a lot of :blink:, :naughty: , and :bleh: while reading it - until I got to the source - from then on it was only :lmao:

But just for this sentence I would love it to be true:

It would have been a huge No1 for Boyzone and Mika’s decision has cost him a fortune.

I reckon the single could have made him £250,000.

Stay true, Mika, and do what feels right. :thumb_yello:

I don't know much about Boyzone, but it's a pop boyband, like Five or the BSB, isn't it? Perhaps they're a bit cheesy and Mika's right...

Maybe there is a few artists who could sing Mika's songs...in fact they're very particular! So I hope he found the right person, though Mika must be really exigent about that...

Kelsy! hope Mika is listening to you! hahaha

Tell me if I can help with something...we're spreading the Mika emotion here in southamerica hehe

Oh! and besides...

now, nobody can say he has not the guts to do something ( here we say: he has the balls...:naughty:

I never doubted it though...)

YAY, GO MIKA!

I for one don't want to hear Ronan Keatings nasal twang murdering one of Mikas songs. It would be horrendous.

But that's the problem you face when you release a song for any artist to record, you have artists that you don't want touching it going after it.

I'm glad that Mika is sticking to his guns over this, there are far better artists out there who can do it justice, and besides, like it's been mentioned why can't they write their own comeback song?

There could be some dodginess in the article?

The media is not helping much by positioning things in a subjective way. I wish they stop giving their opinion instead of stating facts – and leave it up to us as readers to make up our mind. But I guess that the media game.

I find this article worrying, and not just because of the content - it's more a suspicion that our glorious media have really got it in for Mika. Especially The Sun and its ilk. It would not surprise me if they have embellished or twisted the facts on this story...

If true, it doesn't do Mika any favours in the eyes of the public, many of whom are only too glad to find another excuse to put Mika down :sneaky2: .

I detest boybands and don't have much respect for anyone who doesn't write their own material, but if Mika is going to put songs out there on the market he really can't have his cake and eat it too...

Well he isn't perfect is he, we already know that.