Totally decided to dig up this thread today, cuz I just wanted to ask a question for anyone who feels like answering:

Did you always know about your sexuality or was something you came to discover?

Yay, one of my favourite threads being bumped! :clap: Thank you!

I think I was like 15 when I realized I had a crush on a girl, I can't remember what it was like before that. I mean I had had crushes on boys but I can't remember if I paid attention to girls back then. But even as a child I was always drawn to things that people would say are kind of campy or gay: I don't know if that sounds weird.

I've actually been thinking about my sexuality a lot these days and I'm still not sure how I should describe myself. :aah: I usually call myself bisexual if someone asks me about it but I do tend to get attracted to men more often. Then again I also believe that sexuality is a dynamic thing, it can change during your life but I guess there are always tendencies.

Totally decided to dig up this thread today, cuz I just wanted to ask a question for anyone who feels like answering:

Did you always know about your sexuality or was something you came to discover?

Good question! I always use to joke that I could be bisexual ever since I was a teen but I never really took it seriously, more like an indication of how liberal I could be...:aah:

Until I was in my early 20s when I got a girlfriend...then I thought I was gay...then after I figured I was bi... Now I just call myself queer, cos I am mostly attracted to men...but I still 'identify' with everything 'gay'...:teehee: if any of that makes sense.... As flyingkites said - guess it's pretty fluid..

I had a brilliant quote about gay marriage from the book i'm reading but now i can't find it :aah:

If you happen to find it please post it, I'd love to hear it. :wub2:

Good question! I always use to joke that I could be bisexual ever since I was a teen but I never really took it seriously, more like an indication of how liberal I could be...:aah:

Until I was in my early 20s when I got a girlfriend...then I thought I was gay...then after I figured I was bi... Now I just call myself queer, cos I am mostly attracted to men...but I still 'identify' with everything 'gay'...:teehee: if any of that makes sense.... As flyingkites said - guess it's pretty fluid..

+1! :thumb_yello:

Also, I love the quote in your sig, do you know where it's from? :pinkbow:

and hi, cos i don't think we've met :bye:

Hello hello :bye: I don't think we have either. I've been on the MFC for like, 2ish years, but I'm not on here much anymore (which I'm trying to change).

And the quote in my sig... Well, it was something Mika said in an interview once, not sure which one, or when though :P

And I know for myself, I've only really recently discovered my own sexuality (bisexual).. It was something I had kinda thought about before, but then when discussing it with someone, it actually kinda made sense when I looked back to when I was younger.. Like when girls started wearing low cut tops, it was hard for me not to look (I was like 12 then), and I've always been kind of drawn to music videos with scantily clad women... I've never actually been in a relationship with a girl, but I have had a crush on a girl for sure, and I know I'm physically attracted to girls. :P

I have never come across anyone who says they are bisexual that doesn't prefer men (whether they are male or female). That's sort of what I'm hearing here too?

Interesting discussion. In my generation it seemed that everyone was straight or just pretending to be straight until they felt they could come out and then they were gay. Not much in between. Or maybe I was just hanging out with the wrong crowd :naughty:

I had crushes on boys from the age of 6 and maybe even earlier. I have never had any interest in women and the idea of sexuality being fluid is totally foreign to me. But like I said I was probably just hanging with the wrong crowd. :naughty:

Hello hello :bye: I don't think we have either. I've been on the MFC for like, 2ish years, but I'm not on here much anymore (which I'm trying to change).

And the quote in my sig... Well, it was something Mika said in an interview once, not sure which one, or when though :P

And I know for myself, I've only really recently discovered my own sexuality (bisexual).. It was something I had kinda thought about before, but then when discussing it with someone, it actually kinda made sense when I looked back to when I was younger.. Like when girls started wearing low cut tops, it was hard for me not to look (I was like 12 then), and I've always been kind of drawn to music videos with scantily clad women... I've never actually been in a relationship with a girl, but I have had a crush on a girl for sure, and I know I'm physically attracted to girls. :P

This is what I thought about myself too when I realized I wasn't straight. It was kind of like finding the missing puzzle piece, it all made sense and I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of it before.

Realizing something like that is huge, so congratulations (if that's something one can say in a situation like this :naughty: )! :thumb_yello:

I have never come across anyone who says they are bisexual that doesn't prefer men (whether they are male or female). That's sort of what I'm hearing here too?

Interesting discussion. In my generation it seemed that everyone was straight or just pretending to be straight until they felt they could come out and then they were gay. Not much in between. Or maybe I was just hanging out with the wrong crowd :naughty:

I had crushes on boys from the age of 6 and maybe even earlier. I have never had any interest in women and the idea of sexuality being fluid is totally foreign to me. But like I said I was probably just hanging with the wrong crowd. :naughty:

I think the people around you have a huge impact on whether you ever discover yourself or not (not implying anything here, by the way :naughty: ). One of my mates came out to her dad, telling him she was bisexual and her dad said he could live with it but it wasn't something his generation was taught to accept or even think as being normal. If people close to you constantly tell you it's not normal to be gay you probably don't want to admit that you are like that, even to yourself.

Well, Hello :pinkbow:

That bit, is the part that makes me think of me... i thought it might just be a growing up kinda fascination but i realised it wasn't as i started to get older :biggrin2:

I know, for myself, it's not really a preference. I've only been with guys because I've only just recently discovered that I like girls too. I'm not against being with a girl, but I'm not really completely out, and just right now I'm more comfortable just being with guys. Though, physically, I'm more attracted to girls :P

I think the people around you have a huge impact on whether you ever discover yourself or not (not implying anything here, by the way :naughty: ). One of my mates came out to her dad, telling him she was bisexual and her dad said he could live with it but it wasn't something his generation was taught to accept or even think as being normal. If people close to you constantly tell you it's not normal to be gay you probably don't want to admit that you are like that, even to yourself.

Yes I think so too. But for me it feels like it was set in stone from a very young age, before I could even conceive of homosexuality, muchless have been told that it's "wrong". I know gay people who feel the same way so it's not just about societal pressure to be "normal".

But there's no denying that bisexuality is far more prevalent today so I'm sure a large part of that is due to the fact that it's more acceptable and talked about so people are less hesitant to pursue it.

I know, for myself, it's not really a preference. I've only been with guys because I've only just recently discovered that I like girls too. I'm not against being with a girl, but I'm not really completely out, and just right now I'm more comfortable just being with guys. Though, physically, I'm more attracted to girls :P

Oh interesting. Hope I'm not being too nosy, I'm just curious about this.

Yes I think so too. But for me it feels like it was set in stone from a very young age, before I could even conceive of homosexuality, muchless have been told that it's "wrong". I know gay people who feel the same way so it's not just about societal pressure to be "normal".

But there's no denying that bisexuality is far more prevalent today so I'm sure a large part of that is due to the fact that it's more acceptable and talked about so people are less hesitant to pursue it.

Oh no, you're not being nosy at all :) Its nice to see people who are interested to hear about it :biggrin2:

ahh good for you!:thumb_yello: i hope it's not too tumultuous (as these things can sometimes be)...if you ever wanted to vent or talk or whatever, i think i won't be alone in saying you'll always have an ear here :wub2:

i agree for some people it does seem to be set in stone, no matter even if they try a little 'experimentation' later on to push their boundaries they find it's something they can't do, or really don't like/care for and are firmly straight/gay....

the there are others for whom sexuality is very fluid...i once read an article that said this phenomenon was way more common in women than in men...just biology it seems.

agreed with the bolded part :thumb_yello:

ahh good for you!:thumb_yello: i hope it's not too tumultuous (as these things can sometimes be)...if you ever wanted to vent or talk or whatever, i think i won't be alone in saying you'll always have an ear here :wub2:

Aw, why thank you :wub2: Only a handful of people know, so I guess just coming on here and being able to be open about it is a big deal :P

the there are others for whom sexuality is very fluid...i once read an article that said this phenomenon was way more common in women than in men...just biology it seems.

Yes, I guess it seems that bisexuality has gotten a lot more common nowadays because people aren't as afraid to talk about it as they were earlier when it still was considered a bad thing and frowned upon. As it's getting more common and accepted people are more willing to experiment, too. I don't think there were that many LUGs on the 19th century. :naughty:

But why does biology have something to do with this? Do you mean it's not as common in men because their DNA says they have to get women pregnant? I know that sounds harsh but I can't be bothered to put it more delicately, my brain isn't working very well in English at the moment. :roftl:

Yes, I guess it seems that bisexuality has gotten a lot more common nowadays because people aren't as afraid to talk about it as they were earlier when it still was considered a bad thing and frowned upon. As it's getting more common and accepted people are more willing to experiment, too. I don't think there were that many LUGs on the 19th century. :naughty:

But why does biology have something to do with this? Do you mean it's not as common in men because their DNA says they have to get women pregnant? I know that sounds harsh but I can't be bothered to put it more delicately, my brain isn't working very well in English at the moment. :roftl:

:roftl: that's a good point! but nah i don't think that's why... it has a LOT to do with culture but i can't remember the exact biologic basis they proposed (i can't find the original article :sad:) but i did find this:

http://books.google.com/books?id=omV2rhYAoh4C&pg=PA43&lpg=PA43&dq=why+are+females+more+sexually+fluid+than+males&source=bl&ots=y3YMMoGDPW&sig=UmU1154smSA7jqi7yZNrPL87XT4&hl=en&sa=X&ei=1YiET6fIJc-UtweviMzsBw&ved=0CCMQ6AEwATgU#v=onepage&q=why%20are%20females%20more%20sexually%20fluid%20than%20males&f=false

the author thinks it's because women have a less 'hard wired' arousal pattern...

:biggrin2: