*whispers to Kat as in teen movie* oh my gosh, I can't believe Christine just said that, we'd never gossip about anything.. *tosses hair and raises eyebrow*

:mf_rosetinted:

*whispers back and flicks hair* o-m-g, i know! honestly...............

*pause*

*perfectly manicured hand to mouth*

omg, did you hear about the orange Mika ate the other day?!?!

*tilts head to side*

*whispers back and flicks hair* o-m-g, i know! honestly...............

*pause*

*perfectly manicured hand to mouth*

omg, did you hear about the orange Mika ate the other day?!?!

*tilts head to side*

*eyes framed by perfect lashes widen*

An orange! No... actual.... way.

*shakes head in disbelief, lips parted*

Although I heard he likes more fruit than just oranges... he's into bananas you know.

*annoying giggle*

*eyes framed by perfect lashes widen*

An orange! No... actual.... way.

*shakes head in disbelief, lips parted*

Although I heard he likes more fruit than just oranges... he's into bananas you know.

*annoying giggle*

*fish pout*

yes. way.

*leans in closer and talks at normal volume*

i heard apples too.

*exagerrates nodding head and shrugs shoulders*

*pouts*

*fish pout*

yes. way.

*leans in closer and talks at normal volume*

i heard apples too.

*exagerrates nodding head and shrugs shoulders*

*pouts*

*applying lipgloss in pocket mirror*

You know, some people just eat soooo much FRUIT.

*dramatic fake sigh, eyebrows raised*

*applying lipgloss in pocket mirror*

You know, some people just eat soooo much FRUIT.

*dramatic fake sigh, eyebrows raised*

*reapplies eyeliner*

*checks lipgloss*

oh, TOtally.

*copies sigh*

you wanna go to McDonald's or KFC for lunch?

*swings handbag over arm*

*reapplies eyeliner*

*checks lipgloss*

oh, TOtally.

*copies sigh*

*links with non-handbag arm*

Totally. Only if they have those low-fat veggie burger things. They make you lose weight right?

*smooths stomach*

*walk off into distance, heels clacking*

*links with non-handbag arm*

Totally. Only if they have those low-fat veggie burger things. They make you lose weight right?

*smooths stomach*

*walk off into distance, heels clacking*

omg totally.

*smooths hair and glances in passing mirror*

Ok first i hate MFC search. Took me 5 minutes to find this thread after typing in the exact name... anyway to my point:

i noticed the new article from a Danish(?) magazine in which Mika apparently says that he was in a relationship for 5 years with a man, supposedly - the interview, being in another language is hard to translate entirely.

something i noticed was one poster (i won't say who cos the who isn't important and i mean no offence to them whatsoever) had said congratulations on Mika 'coming out'. First i was a bit annoyed as Mika may not have come out, as this is reportedly a rather gossipy magazine and secondly, if this interview was directly from Mika's mouth and reads how it is supposed to, Mika hasn't come out as gay anyway. he has merely stated he had a relationship with a man. Woo. We already knew he was labeless or, given a label, bisexual. this is not to say he hasn't had a girlfriend in the past or is attracted to women as well. the final thing i noticed was that he was being congratulated on coming out like he had won a marathon or something. this reminded me of an article a bisexual friend who recently came out to her their friends and family found...

The Independant - When Coming Out Ends Equality Will Be Total

i thought i should drop it off here.

this is why i won't be coming out to parents/friends because if i happen to have a girlfriend then isn't it really the same as happening to have a boyfriend?

DISCUSS. *breathes* :sweatdrop:

i really like the article and i totally agree that indeed, when 'coming out' ends is when equality would've been achieved. HOWEVER. until that time. everyone who comes out - especially high profile, influential people - whether it's with a song and dance number or simple matter of fact statement, is a sign that they are not hiding a very important part of their life anymore. they don't have to come out and be activists, the mere fact that the public then knows their sexual orientation is indirectly an activist move and also gives hope to young LGBT people...and since coming out carries a real risk of losing your job etc, i do think it's something to be congratulated about. it is brave.

until we reach the time when sexual orientation is a non issue.

note: i agree that mika has not really come out as anything in this article, merely reaffirmed his bisexual-ness if anything...:aah:

Every single thread on MFC is gossip about Mika! :naughty:

exactly! maybe we should only gossip about his music though..:naughty:

*reapplies eyeliner*

*checks lipgloss*

oh, TOtally.

*copies sigh*

ur a faker!!! no self respecting teen bimbo would EVER suggest any of those 2 places! :aah:

i really like the article and i totally agree that indeed, when 'coming out' ends is when equality would've been achieved. HOWEVER. until that time. everyone who comes out - especially high profile, influential people - whether it's with a song and dance number or simple matter of fact statement, is a sign that they are not hiding a very important part of their life anymore. they don't have to come out and be activists, the mere fact that the public then knows their sexual orientation is indirectly an activist move and also gives hope to young LGBT people...and since coming out carries a real risk of losing your job etc, i do think it's something to be congratulated about. it is brave.

until we reach the time when sexual orientation is a non issue.

note: i agree that mika has not really come out as anything in this article, merely reaffirmed his bisexual-ness if anything...:aah:

exactly! maybe we should only gossip about his music though..:naughty:

ur a faker!!! no self respecting teen bimbo would EVER suggest any of those 2 places! :aah:

is it really a very important part whether you like men or women or both though? or is it just like Mair said about coming out, like being left handed? :dunno:

TRUE. :thumb_yello:

do you think we'd get far with that? :naughty:

you obviously don't know the kind of ridiculously skinny all the time b*****s i remember from high school :mf_rosetinted:

Now, sorry for not quoting anything, but here's my two cents. And I'll try to be as articulate as possible.

While I understand that some people are closeted, where they actually hide their sexuality. But to be out you don't need to stand on a stage and say "I'M GAY/BI/WHATEVER". Some people just live their lives, and don't make a big deal out of things. Some people just keep their relationships personal. While I totally understand that it's good to stand up and be proud of who you are, being gay or bi or whatever is no different than being straight. And all you straight people don't have to announce that your orientation.

Not sure if that makes any sense, my brain hasn't been in top shape recently so that could have come out as hodgepodge and I wouldn't know. :thumb_yello:

Now, sorry for not quoting anything, but here's my two cents. And I'll try to be as articulate as possible.

While I understand that some people are closeted, where they actually hide their sexuality. But to be out you don't need to stand on a stage and say "I'M GAY/BI/WHATEVER". Some people just live their lives, and don't make a big deal out of things. Some people just keep their relationships personal. While I totally understand that it's good to stand up and be proud of who you are, being gay or bi or whatever is no different than being straight. And all you straight people don't have to announce that your orientation.

Not sure if that makes any sense, my brain hasn't been in top shape recently so that could have come out as hodgepodge and I wouldn't know. :thumb_yello:

not until Homosexuality is accepted as 'normal'.

I bow to the ones who come out, because they help themselves and the long time battle to be successful.

we straight people are accepted, we are considered the normality. We don't need to fight for it.

Where would be black people without martin luther king or nelson mandela? or all the martyrs of that cause?

where would the LGBT without Milk? and all the gays killed for their sexual orientation?

Those heroes changed the society perception of what is normal, they uipgraded the level uman kind has to look to.

But everyone coming out is a hero, and stands for the others who live their lives not caring about the final goal.

Edited by robertina

not until Homosexuality is accepted as 'normal'.

I bow to the ones who come out, because they help themselves and the long time battle to be successful.

we straight people are accepted, we are considered the normality. We don't need to fight for it.

Where would be black people without martin luther king or nelson mandela? or all the martyrs of that cause?

where would the LGBT without Milk? and all the gays killed for their sexual orientation?

Those heroes changed the society perception of what is normal, they uipgraded the level uman kind has to look to.

But everyone coming out is a hero, and stands for the others who live their lives not caring about the final goal.

I totally agree, I guess my point just was that to be "out" you don't have to be on a pedestal and announce it. I think that's what I was trying to say :teehee:

I totally agree, I guess my point just was that to be "out" you don't have to be on a pedestal and announce it. I think that's what I was trying to say :teehee:

oops, ok :blink:

I tend to be a bit too passionate over the subject.

Oh Mair and Kat I wanted to mention one other thing.

In 2007 it was forbidden to discuss Mika's sexuality at all on the Mikasounds forum and it was extremely taboo on MFC and lead to a lot of arguments and threads being closed.

My first post was about believing Mika was gay and it was not well received :lmfao: Anyway I'm just glad that we're at a point where Mika can talk about a 5 year relationship with a man, whether he's gay or bisexual.

Oh I remember that! The discussions we had!:doh:

To me it was an eye-opener to find out that to many people around the world had a problem talking about whether a person is gay or not. Maybe because I live in a country where it's not such a big deal?

YES! This is meant to be one of my points, don't think i made it... thank you for making it for me! :naughty::biggrin2:

I don't really understand why people question the "label-less" thing. Maybe because I relate? But also, I guess I feel that, with something as personal as sexuality, I just accept what people say they are? I mean, if he changes his mind about being label-less (or about wanting to be seen as label-less) then that's fine, but until that day, I feel like I'd be disrespectful to question it.

I'd also like to hear/read him actually say something, rather than a twice-translated tabloid article, before I accept something as fact. And I'm a little bothered that this is going to make people assume I'm a delusional fangurl. Believe me, I know I'm nowhere near good enough for him, regardless of gender! :aah:And I don't need something to be technically possible to fantasize about it.:naughty:

Having said that, I don't doubt that what was said in that article is possible. Probably, even. I mean, the way he had gone out of his way to avoid pronouns in the past when talking about partners feels like a dead giveaway to me . . . because I've done that myself. :blush-anim-cl:

My one real long-term relationship was with a woman, but I tend to get my biggest crushes on men, and for a while thought I was asexual . . . so I usually use "they" when referring to my ex because I didn't want to have to explain something that is too complicated for me to understand myself.

I guess I'm coming out as label-less, because I don't know what I am. :blink:

I don't really understand why people question the "label-less" thing. Maybe because I relate? But also, I guess I feel that, with something as personal as sexuality, I just accept what people say they are? I mean, if he changes his mind about being label-less (or about wanting to be seen as label-less) then that's fine, but until that day, I feel like I'd be disrespectful to question it.

I'd also like to hear/read him actually say something, rather than a twice-translated tabloid article, before I accept something as fact. And I'm a little bothered that this is going to make people assume I'm a delusional fangurl. Believe me, I know I'm nowhere near good enough for him, regardless of gender! :aah: And I don't need something to be technically possible to fantasize about it.:naughty:

Having said that, I don't doubt that what was said in that article is possible. Probably, even. I mean, the way he had gone out of his way to avoid pronouns in the past when talking about partners feels like a dead giveaway to me . . . because I've done that myself. :blush-anim-cl:

My one real long-term relationship was with a woman, but I tend to get my biggest crushes on men, and for a while thought I was asexual . . . so I usually use "they" when referring to my ex because I didn't want to have to explain something that is too complicated for me to understand myself.

i have bolded all of this because DAMN you've read my mind!!! i sagree with all of this! :wub2:

although i haven't had a girlfriend, i am attracted to girls but i con't relate to identifying with one label... therefore i identify as label-less. :biggrin2:

I'd also like to hear/read him actually say something, rather than a twice-translated tabloid article, before I accept something as fact. And I'm a little bothered that this is going to make people assume I'm a delusional fangurl. Believe me, I know I'm nowhere near good enough for him, regardless of gender! :aah:And I don't need something to be technically possible to fantasize about it.:naughty:

I'm not sure if this is an appropriate thing to say, but congratulations - it wasn't an easy thing to admit to myself so I know how much it can take to tell it to other people. Of course I know it's not like that for everyone but it's never an easy thing to say out loud is it?

:huglove:

Wow, it's a relief to spill my guts and have people understand where I'm coming from! Thanks, RainbowGirl and flyingkites! :group_hug:

Usually I'm more comfortable joking around about my sexuality (certain elements of it, anyway), I don't often get all serious like this. :blush-anim-cl:

When people ask me The Question, I usually just tell them I'm sapiosexual. I dig smart people. That usually sets them back from asking for a little bit. "so, you're bisexual then." "well, if you say so but I prefer to identify as sapiosexual instead. It's more true than just bisexual."

That way they have to go THINK about it for a bit.

oops, ok :blink:

I tend to be a bit too passionate over the subject.

OH, I'm passionate about it to (being someone who is bisexual), I guess.. Hmm, how do I put it..

I know that right now, it is good to stand there and announce your sexuality when you're not straight. It's wonderful, it really is. But also, in the way that straight people don't have to announce that they're straight, people of other sexualities shouldn't have to announce it either. Or at least in my ideal world where everyone gets along. I'm hoping one day that dream comes true. Hope I didn't offend anyone, I know I wasn't very clear on what I was saying :teehee: