MikaManiacs.com : A CALL TO MFC-ERS!

Niki27

Hi lads and ladies !

I guess most of you have heard of MikaManiacs.com... This project is now in the making.

MikaManiacs.com will be a new site dedicated to Mika and his universe.

* It will have detailed media reviews, but they will be categorised, easy to find, and all comments will be kept seperate.

* It will have videos, images, photos etc, each categorised and in date format.

* It will be more of a magazine/showcase than a forum, therefore all you will see is the best content, so you won't have to read through 20 pages of chat to find a review or photo etc...

* It will be officially the sister site for MFC, so it will help make MFC even stronger, and will help promote Mika to even more people.

We’re now looking for a few (extremely) motivated people who would be interested in taking part to this projet as writers/investigators/editors. This will be a time-taking and hard job! If you think you’re a committed, passionate, creative, artistic, talented editor, translator or whatever and are keen to participate please let me know! (Post here or PM me). We’ll select the most motivated MFC-ers on basis of your arguments J

Thanks in advance for your support!!

Love,

Niki27.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to do stuff like translations, because I love translating :biggrin2: (well for the languages I know of course :bleh: )

I don't think I'll have much time for other things and I'm not particularly creative so we can forget that part for me :naughty:

Melanie, many thanks, that would be great.

Once the site is up and running, it will probably require less than an hour per week per person, but, this is a special project, and we are keen to get a team together who are really passionate about Mika and about making a great Mika site.

It may eventually lead to some paid positions, but for now, should be treated as a fan site.

PM Niki27 if you are interested.

Dean

Melanie, many thanks, that would be great.

Once the site is up and running, it will probably require less than an hour per week per person, but, this is a special project, and we are keen to get a team together who are really passionate about Mika and about making a great Mika site.

It may eventually lead to some paid positions, but for now, should be treated as a fan site.

PM Niki27 if you are interested.

Dean

Well publications and journalism is one of the things that I want to do with my life (magazine type writing a.k.a I have dreams of VOGUE:roftl: )

I imagine that this is great practice so thank you all for giving me an opportunity to say what I feel. I am definatley very passionate about Mika and his entire phylosphy.

and an hour a week is very reasonable:thumb_yello:

The editor(s) would ensure that the content is of a high enough quality to be included.

Also, they will check spellings, make sure it reads correctly, perhaps create a better intro paragraph etc...

Melanie, yes, it would be great experience, and we would be happy to give you glowing references for your CV.

Dean

I PM'd Niki, but you can count me on board with this - it sounds like a great idea. I'm more than happy to write/edit/investigate. I have a background in journalism, and my 9-5 is at a communications firm.

Deano, how is the actual maintenance of the site going to work? Are you going to update it, is it going to run on some kind of web-based content management system, etc?

The editor(s) would ensure that the content is of a high enough quality to be included.

Also, they will check spellings, make sure it reads correctly, perhaps create a better intro paragraph etc...

Melanie, yes, it would be great experience, and we would be happy to give you glowing references for your CV.

Dean

Scary biscuits! I can check spelling, sort out the flow of an article, etc etc, but I'm not trained for this and it sounds like you're getting offers from professionals, so I will just bow out and continue to support it as a great idea.

I would 100% be willing to help out with this with the editing. I have A LOT of spare time and I am quite good with grammar, spelling and sentence structure. I have been editor for numerous publications and would be happy to help out in any way that I possibly can. :thumb_yello:

Thanks to all those who've PMed me so far!:thumb_yello:

Could you please make sure to mention some details about yourself like where you're from, how much free time you have, and last but not least WHY you wann a participate and think you'd be great for the job?

Thank you in advance!

I am up for the job! My motivation? Let's see...I already run a Mika site so I have lots of experience and I'd like to participate because I want to do anything possible to make my second home even greater:biggrin2:

I'm from the Netherlands and uhm...I have quite a lot free time:thumb_yello:

I'd like to help. I'm medically retired so I have the time. I have been trying to get more people to know about Mika. I've complained to areas of the media who are ignoring him and not playing his music. I have written about him on websites and I started a thread about him in The Sun.

I love his music and I know he is the very best artist ever, in all his chosen fields. If you would like me to get involved, as a writer. Please let me know. I've just done an edit, because I forgot to mention I used to run two fan clubs, connected with Star Trek. That was in the days before websites. I ran newsletters, had to have them printed etc, and had to make certain they looked impressive. I didn't design the covers etc. But I did all the internal layouts myself. Printed articles and stories, and information about the actors and the episodes. That sort of stuff.

I am 53 years old. I am a writer, and I first heard Mika singing Love Today, and was blown away. I had never before been desperate to find out who a singer (with an awesome voice) actually was, and I just knew he had written that lovely song himself. But i didn't know how much he would come to mean to me, until I saw him perform, heard him in interviews, and listened to all his other wonderful songs. I knew then, that Mika is indeed unique.

Love today, from Marilyn