2007 - Mika @ The Dome, Doncaster - 24 Nov -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

Thought you might have it on tape and recall it. The show was broadcast on Channel 4 TBA. We were there and it was a fantastic event. Didn't notice the girl until it was broadcast. Just wondered if anyone knew her name.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought you might have it on tape and recall it. The show was broadcast on Channel 4 TBA. We were there and it was a fantastic event. Didn't notice the girl until it was broadcast. Just wondered if anyone knew her name.

Nope sorry... Little Belgians like us don't have TBA and I only saw that interview on the net a loooong time ago...

that is just the point, i *dont* think it was bad, to me, mika could sing baabaa blacksheep on stage, i went for the time with my friends. The fact i thought it was a great show was an added bonus to me.

I just dont think its fair to say ooooh that concert was crap, for the people who only got to see that one. It's like saying to someone thank you for my birthday party but the one *suchnsuch* threw was much better. Or thank you for my christmas present but the one *suchnsuch* got me was better.

Theres ways to say what concerts are like without stomping on other people's memories, i guess mika's still in the transition from small artist to credible artist though so tht might be one reason why fans seem to think they know him and can make such judgements.

and actually yes they can all be equally good. I know of many different artists tours where each concert is as good as the last. different things happen, but the fans see them exactly like that... different. Not 'better' or 'worse'

tbh i just think mika has spoilt some of his fanbase and it will kick him in the backside in years to come.

I don't think they can be equally good, 2 things are never exactly identical... the differences might be tiny, but Mika is still human not a robot, he's different every day too.

and every small detail around it contributes to make them different (including pushing etc.) so that not for every person the same gig might be considered the best...

for me the gig at olympia will be no 1 for ever! maybe because it was my first one. for the lots of people the first one is the best, because afterwards the magic of the first time is just simply gone... so this was your first gig, look at it like sth great, awesome and I don't know what else! why listen to what other people thought of it? seriously! it's very subjective anyway, so if it was great in your eyes it WAS great!

I want to apologize if I upset anyone with what I said about the gig:boxed:

I really didn't think it was crap:boxed: The venue was weird but the concert itself was nice.

I'm just trying to be objective with what I saw and what I knew.

Droopsy u have nothing to apologize about hun, we were talking about the pushing in the Q. the gig itself was excellent and we didnt say it wasnt. u cant leave the bad things out of a review just in case you upset someone! i think everyone thought it was a weird venue, mika was his brilliant self and made up for that!!!!

oh, sorry I didn't even realiase you were in Belgium. Silly me just taking it for granted everyone is in UK. I'll try find a pic or link later, just off for our evening meal.

Thanks again anyway

I have watched it over and over Shari but I don't know the girl. As far as I know she isn't on here. Sorry we can't be of any more help.

just caught up with all this...oh god, doncaster and newcastle review threads are filled with harsh arguing! :blink:

anyway

the simplest way to be recognizable is wearing a MFC BADGE!!!

actually we do not need any other device...just the MFC badge, the big sized one, not the small one.

http://mikafanclub.spreadshirt.net/en/GB/Shop/

the link to our shop here....

947479_5414272_1_big.jpg

yes, you have to buy 5, but we can share....

Jodi_ice I really don't understand why you seem so offended...

And I ain't gonna apologize for saying the gig was ****ty cause I think it was. I ain't trying to spoil anyone's fun or memories here. I'm just trying to have a neutral look on what happened that night.

Cath is right, it all depends on how you live the thing. You can't compare two gigs, cause so many things differ. It depends on where you are, what mood you're in, who's next to you... I had a blast in Doncaster, really! But I wont say this gig was technically speaking the best one ever... that would be a lie. But again, it's just my personal opinion. I don't see why we should always say everything was perfect if we think it was not.

Having said this, I just wanted to add that I was impressed by Mika's professionalism cause he did very well under the circumstances. That shows once again that he's a great performer and that he's here to stay.

just caught up with all this...oh god, doncaster and newcastle review threads are filled with harsh arguing! :blink:

anyway

the simplest way to be recognizable is wearing a MFC BADGE!!!

actually we do not need any other device...just the MFC badge, the big sized one, not the small one.

http://mikafanclub.spreadshirt.net/en/GB/Shop/

the link to our shop here....

947479_5414272_1_big.jpg

yes, you have to buy 5, but we can share....

Yes, good point Robi...I did have my MFC badge on but mine is only a wee one...but I was also adorned with other Mika badges and I wouldn't have thought that there was much doubt that I was from the MFC..but I do understand that it can be difficult to aproach people.

Yes, good point Robi...I did have my MFC badge on but mine is only a wee one...but I was also adorned with other Mika badges and I wouldn't have thought that there was much doubt that I was from the MFC..but I do understand that it can be difficult to aproach people.

I am thinking of getting a fleece with a large M printed on

the back of it for his next UK tour!! :biggrin2:

Well it didn't work Robertina. I wore my bright pink rosette with MFC written on it. Still nobody approached me. I didn't see anyone else wearing theirs either! Enough said tho. We'll all learn for next time....if I'm able.

Kath, thanks for answering that querie for me. No matter, it's not important.

Well it didn't work Robertina. I wore my bright pink rosette with MFC written on it. Still nobody approached me. I didn't see anyone else wearing theirs either! Enough said tho. We'll all learn for next time....if I'm able.

Kath, thanks for answering that querie for me. No matter, it's not important.

i think

if someone pretty new sees a bunch of weird crazy singing ppl laughing at each other

he/she can be quite sure they are mfcers...going nearer she/he can even notice a MFC badge worn by someone in the bunch..than she/he can put the fatal question: are you MFCers?

:biggrin2: :biggrin2:

this way MUST work! :naughty:

Yes you would really wouldn't you Kath. Not to worry, we'll swap mobile numbers at a later date and direct each other to where we are standing!

BTW, just posted a link to my pics and vids on the oldlings thread if you're interested. Must warn you, they are awful quality but worth a glance I suppose.

Yes thanks Shari..however my puter is playing us and I tried to view the pic of you and Sara to see if I could recognise you, but it only showed me the top half..I still don't remember seeing you though! As you say...mobiles next time!

I don't think they can be equally good, 2 things are never exactly identical... the differences might be tiny, but Mika is still human not a robot, he's different every day too.

and every small detail around it contributes to make them different (including pushing etc.) so that not for every person the same gig might be considered the best...

for me the gig at olympia will be no 1 for ever! maybe because it was my first one. for the lots of people the first one is the best, because afterwards the magic of the first time is just simply gone... so this was your first gig, look at it like sth great, awesome and I don't know what else! why listen to what other people thought of it? seriously! it's very subjective anyway, so if it was great in your eyes it WAS great!

no it wasnt my first gig. my first was in february.

i didnt say they could be identical, i said they could be equally good which is a whole different thing...

no it wasnt my first gig. my first was in february.

i didnt say they could be identical, i said they could be equally good which is a whole different thing...

oh I understood you were saying it was your first and only gig so far :blink:

to me when they are not identical they are necessarily better or less good... maybe not in the whole but the small details you either like them more or less. it sometimes makes it difficult to judge because some are better some are not...

Here is the link to my pics if anyone wants to look. They uploaded back to front too! Sorry.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/1003/Queenie/MIKA%20Donny%20Nov07/

It's a pain how they upload back to front isn't it.

Thanks for sharing your pictures and vids. You were at the Martin side of the stage I was central/more to Mikey's side, but I'm surprised we didn't meet.

Quick review: Ok, this is for all three nights because I've got school tomorrow and I'm not sure about getting back on here after this. First off, i loved meeting everyone at Doncaster and Birmingham. You all are amazingly beautiful and sweet people and i hope you have fun at the gigs to come.

Anyways,I missed my opportunity to have a real conversation with Mika at Doncaster because of my lull and being preoccupied by losing precious items to me. I was a bit depressed by it but, I'm just hoping there will be a next time. All in all Mika and the band were great, Palladium grew on me and I'm getting their album now(:shocked: I never thought I'd more past Mika :naughty:) and being able to spend a whole day sightseeing and meeting old friends and making new ones was amazing!!!! So far the best Thanksgiving weekend i could have ever had.

Hi Cynthia - I didn't realise you had stuff stolen - after putting your cases in bab's car or before?

Glad you're safely home. Lovely to meet you.

Hold onnnnnnnnnnnnn , I was dressed as santy claus! :roftl:

I had T shirts and rosettes for everyone , but the key is that you need to speak to me and at least if you can approach me .... I dont know everyone

:boxed:

T shirts? And rosettes?

All I got off Santy were lollipops :shocked:

Oh yes, and pizzas in bed!!

.. i think i may just feeze when i see him !:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

My friend at this Donny gig said it's when we're star-struck that we feeze. I know I am. She told him how much she'd enjoyed it and 'well done' as if he was her son!

Yeah I know... the right side of the queue was a real mess :) That's how we on the left queue got front row middle actually... Cause they stopped you and not us :naughty: :naughty:

Ah! I wondered how it was already 2 deep when I'd been about 20th in the queue. And the girl said we could have our tickets back at the end but with one thing and a fire door, I forgot!

And about all this crowd trouble. There were some very rude and very thoughtless people, but to outsiders, we might seem a bit of a clique, so we need to be mindful of that perhaps.

I just want to say thank you on behalf of all the people who only went to this one concert and actually enjoyed it and enjoyed spending time with friends, to all those people who have repeatedly delighted in saying just how crap this gig was, how much mika hated it and how bad the crowd were.

thank you.

Hi jodi

We had fun didn't we?