Mika @ International Centre, Bournemouth -- MFC REVIEWS!

dcdeb

Having been hooked on Mika since first hearing Grace Kelly I couldn't wait to see him at Bournemouth and I was not dissapointed.

His first song, 'Relax' really got the crowd going. Some of the highlights of the gig was when he messed up a few notes on the piano during 'Stuck in the middle' and he stopped and admited he messed up and started again but it was just so sweet and funny the way he said it.

He played a few songs from the next album which were really good and seemed to have an underlying theme of religion through a few of them. Mika did a fantastic cover of 'Sweet Dreams' by Annie Lennox and his steel drum playing was one of the many features of the gig which sets Mika's concerts apart from the rest.

As for the staying topless for three songs, I was near the front and I loved it. Also, the chant of 'off,off,off...' was started by some of my mates and myself and rapidly spread through the whole of the concert hall which was followed by the comment by mika of 'I feel so cheap'

The whole gig just felt like one big party and this seems to sum up Mika and his music as a whole.

The encore of 'Lollipop' was filled with a lot of energy, especially with the use of silhouette puppetry of the teddy bears picnic which then turned violent but in a comedic way. He then left the stage after two encores but came on to do a THIRD one, a rarity for many artists but not Mika, once again he performed Relax with the same energy that he had carried throughout the gig.

So, overall the concert was the best I have ever seen, it was the first Mika concert I had been to and will definitely not be the last. Many props were used including; a giant skeleton, inflatable 'big girl' and confetti cannons but these all added to the craziness and entertaining factor which Mika brings us through his music. I would recommend that anyone who loves Mika has to go to one of his concerts, especially if they are all that good.

An amazing gig!!!:mf_lustslow:

wow, it sounds magical! :mf_lustslow:

lol at the 'i feel so cheap' :naughty:

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kittie - my partner and I were the white bunny and eagle, dancing on stage during "Lollipop"!! We wore our flashing red hearts and I held mine up at one point but I don't think any MFCers noticed!! Just trying to figure out how to post pics up on here, can anyone tell me how you post them up straight from your PC ?? :thumb_yello:

We did notice you holding up the heart, Babs did the same back to you, but we didn't think you saw her doing it.

Hm, I have heard of a certain Kieran :naughty: He happened to hang around on Gabbly at nighttime, struggling with beaten eggs and database problems...:mf_rosetinted:

if it's the same kieran I know, he's quite young to be getting married:naughty:

Hey everyone!

I was at the gig and had a FANTASTIC time!!!!!!!!!!! I have some photos that I will hopefully be able to upload at somepoint (my flickr account is full at the moment). I was wondering does anyone have a copy of the set list they could type out pretty please?

As an added incentive, here is a very short snippet of Love Today that I recorded:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SROYTgeHv8Y

:thumb_yello:

Lauren x

Just trying to figure out how to post pics up on here, can anyone tell me how you post them up straight from your PC ??[/b] :thumb_yello:

You need to upload them to a photobucket account first and then just copy in the links. If you load straight from PC it takes a day or so for the images to get through the forum system.

H Blue Sky - how do I upload straight to the forum ? I clicked 'Insert Picture' but it's asking for a URL ?? :mad3:

Binky, lots of folks here have been having problems uploading photos

here directly from the PC to the forum. It's a long story... :sneaky2:

But if you want to try, you need to use the icon that looks like a paper

clip to "attach" the photos to your post. It will pop up a "browse"

window, for you to find the photos on your pc and then you click on

those and upload them here. IF it will work... which for many of us, it

doesn't.

Anyhow, it's easier if you upload your photos to a site like photobucket

-- if you know how to upload photos from your PC, it's very straightforward.

Then you can use the little mountain icon -- when it asks for a URL

you use the link for the photo from photobucket.

PM me if you need more help! :)

dcdeb

Hi All

There was a guy backstage who was proposing to his missus, I guess her answer was yes because I saw him later with a woman and their children (?) leaving, all smiley, don't know if his name was Kieran though...

RAK1 - couldn't see very much on stage... my 'head' was very wobbly and it was difficult to see out of the mesh eyes (plus the chin strap inside which holds the head in place, I didn't use and it fell in front of my eyes at one point so I tried to stay in the same place so I didn't walk into anybody or fall off the stage). Martin knocked my head off as we left the stage and I heard the crowd cheer, I thought I had walked into something at that point!!

Dcdeb - thanks for your help, I'll try and get the pics on as soon as possible..

Binky :thumb_yello: