• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im doing just fine thanks :thumb_yello:

How you feeling after last night?

Still sick..

And even more gutted now.

I told you about the glass house in Den Haag right? The radio dj's raising money for the red cross? They do this every year.

Anyway.. about an hour ago they announced they were going to have an international act on stage there.. and in the studio.. They didn't know who it was though!

So my brain: "it's going to be Fiction Place, for sure."

5 Minutes ago I hear "WOW FICTION PLANE IS IN THE HOUSE!"

They're going to perfom outside now.. in my town.. 10 minutes away from my house..

And I'm sitting here wrapped in a blanket feeling poorly.

GUTTED. :tears:

Still sick..

I told you about the glass house in Den Haag right? The radio dj's raising money for the red cross? They do this every year.

Anyway.. about an hour ago they announced they were going to have an international act on stage there.. and in the studio.. They didn't know who it was though!

They're going to perfom outside now.. in my town.. 10 minutes away from my house..

I expect you have this link already, but in case you have not: http://seriousrequest.3fm.nl/page/07_live

Hiya everyone , Im getting soooo fat with all the food Im eating

Freddie: GO TO THE GYM!

Still sick..

Sorry you're ill, Diana :( Hope you feel better soon!

I will go and iron my laundry now, so bye bye:cool:

AMP, my favorite pastime -- ironing! If you love it as much as I

do, then you'll love this site:

http://www.extremeironing.com/

:thumb_yello:

dcdeb

Still sick..

Oh NO! You're ill, you're at home and there was a GREAT band playing so close to your house... :tears:

Das echt klote Diana... :sad:

Get well soon! :huglove:

Well, here it is 8 hours later and I'm back here. LOL!! I'm so predictable. :naughty: But, like the rest of you, I'm really not here. :biggrin2:

*waves* to Everyone. Hope everyone is well and ready for the Holidays. I'm still not. Oh, well. A friend got me in the Christmas spirit last night. She just got her house remodeled and it's gorgeous. The best part of her house was her AMAZING gourmet kitchen that really belongs on the cover of a magazine. Holy crap...it was gorgeous. I had never seen anything like it...it was like being in a house for the rich and famous. So, anyways, she made a gourmet meal and had Christmas decorations everywhere. It was so gorgeous and the meal was so yummy.

Then, when you went on her patio, you could see the city lights of downtown L.A. to the right and views of the ocean to the left. What an amazing view. I came out of there with a whole new perpspective on things. I needed that! She really put me in the Christmas spirit.

Hmm, for being someone not really here, I had a lot to say about nothing. :biggrin2:

ALLEGRA!!! Welcome to the Oldlings! My favorite Italian roomie...whoo hoooo!!

Deb, Charlie... I was wondering... The expression 'Happy Holidays' - is it typical American?

I love this expression. Especially because Christmas is not really my thing (I'm always happy when a new year has begun - every year) but I like the two weeks of having days off etc. at the end of the year. That's what the word 'holidays' remind me off, and the word 'happy' makes it even better. :biggrin2:

Oh NO! You're ill, you're at home and there was a GREAT band playing so close to your house... :tears:

Das echt klote Diana... :sad:

Get well soon! :huglove:

Thanks!

And the worst part of all this is that I went to see that band in Utrecht last night.. but only caught about 30 seconds of the set cuz I spent the rest of the time in the restroom. :thumbdown:

So I felt a bit sorry for myself for having to miss that and then seeing they're 10 mins from here today.

But I'm already getting over it and not wallowing in self-pity so much anywmore. :biggrin2:

Mika on Graham Norton tonight will surely be the end of my self-pity session! :mf_rosetinted:

Hmm, never thought of that. But, in America, we really don't have freedom of speech anymore. We are told we do; however, we do not. You see, the Government is afraid that if you say Merry Christmas to someone, you may offend them and you may get sued for it. (Christ is in Christmas and if you say it to someone non-christian, they may take it wrong) So, we aren't allowed to say it. So, we have been mandated to say Happy Holidays instead.

EDITED TO SAY: I work for the Government....just can't say it in the workplace and I know many businesses will not allow their employees to say Merry Christmas either. However, we are allowed to say it outside of our workplaces though. So, on public forums, I say Happy Holidays but to friends and family, I say "MERRY CHRISTMAS".

Does that help?

So, is that really an American thing? Runs off to the internet now. :naughty: Oh, wait, I'm here...runs off to google.

Deb, Charlie... I was wondering... The expression 'Happy Holidays' - is it typical American?

I love this expression. Especially because Christmas is not really my thing (I'm always happy when a new year has begun - every year) but I like the two weeks of having days off etc. at the end of the year. That's what the word 'holidays' remind me off, and the word 'happy' makes it even better. :biggrin2: