The Oldlings Thread (Part 7)!!!

dcdeb

:shocked: :shocked:

Just popped on for one quick post and now I can't think straight...that bottom picture is totally mind blowing:shocked:

And when you think he says things like 'I still think I'm ugly and you can't tell me otherwise' :naughty:

I wouldn't mind being that ugly :sneaky2:

Ok folks...off I go...take care everyone that pops in....and thanks for all the Christmas greetings that have been posted. Much love xxx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awww... I'm listening to BBC Radio 1 right now - an interview over the telephone with Leon Jackson, who has this year's Christmas #1... I had not even heard from him until 10 min ago but now I think I love him... He has such a lovely accent... :wub2:

Hi Oldlings, it's quiet here... I suppose everyone is having a Real Life? :wink2:

Awww... I'm listening to BBC Radio 1 right now - an interview over the telephone with Leon Jackson, who has this year's Christmas #1... I had not even heard from him until 10 min ago but now I think I love him... He has such a lovely accent... :wub2:

Hi Oldlings, it's quiet here... I suppose everyone is having a Real Life? :wink2:

Hi Blue (and others). Yes I am having a Real Life: three daughters watching (stupid (sorry for those who do like it)) Belgian tv-series Spoed (Emergency) about a hospital. The two youngest constantly fighting while I try to read my book:thumbdown:

Anyway: it's finished now so I have to bring them to bed one by one. Hubby and I do it together actually. One brushes teeth of a girl other reads her a bedtime story. So have I to go in a few minutes.

By the way: today is my 12,5 years marriage-anniversary!

Happy Day Before the Day Before Christmas, Oldlings!

Just a quick fly-by...

Did I mention the other day that I had had a long talk with tootch on the phone? I can't remember, but I meant to... Anyhow, she sends her love and hopes to rejoin us after the holiday hubbub!

My oven has decided to die -- I baked a simply dreadful batch of M&M

cookies yesterday -- they are usually some of the best I make, but

they just wouldn't bake properly. My son says they taste fine, but

they look awful :( Well, guess I need to get a new oven as my

Christmas present this year... to go with the new fridge we had to

get a few weeks ago. *sigh*

Anyhow...

Hmm no, don't think so... I just read that these pics were taken last summer when he was in the US.

I wonder if that means this past summer? June 2007?

The photographer has a sample

of the magazine that the photos appeared in -- but I can't read it, to tell

when it was published.

racket1.jpg

The magazine's website isn't helpful at all, either. :sneaky2:

In any case, it can't be Sivan's necklace thingy.

Well, I already told you how real it is... too real for me!

I have a ton of gifts to wrap and will get to it now while hubby and

son are out getting a haircut...

Did just want to stop in again and say hello to whoever was here...

HELLO!

I'll be back in a bit!

dcdeb

Dear Oldlings...

this is my new Nativity scene for Xmas 2007....

My my 85 years old father and i worked on it for weeks, and now i want to share with you and all your kids (who's got them!).

hope it will help you pray and meditate about the real meaning of our Christian Christmas...

here is a short video of it

and some pictures

DSC00419.jpg

DSC00417.jpg

DSC00420.jpg

aww thats lovely Robi - we jusy have a little stable with all the figures xx

God Bless - off to bed in a bit = kids at my parents as we are both at work tomorrow morning!! Then Carol service at 6pm and then midnight mass xx

hi carri and chickadee!

yes

tomorrow will be tough....

hope santa will be generous! :bleh:

happy xmas eve!

Hi Everyone! Yes, Real Life is sure hectic right now. I was about done with all my Christmas stuff until my Mom called last night and said, "So, what did you get me for Christmas?" I said, "Mom, I can't tell you that!" She said, "Well, I sure hope it is what I wanted." Okay, now I was dumbfounded because I wasn't sure what my Mother wanted. Then she said, "It's one of your art pieces that you make from our trips....right?" OMG.....I was like, "Mom, you know I'm not going to tell you." Well, I didn't even think of it this year! So, last night, I started making it and stayed up all night. It's more difficult since I can't find one of my photoshop software discs since my computer crashed after Glasgow.

But, I think it turned out lovely..not my best but I have what she now wanted. Oh, the things we do for our parents.

Okay, I just got off the phone with her and she said, "Where are you? I thought you were coming over today?" I said, "Oh, Mom...I'll be over later...just getting some relaxing in." LMAO!!!! I don't want her to know I stayed up all night making her pressie. LOL

I hope y'all have a Very Merry Christmas! I'm so Thankful that I got to meet y'all this year and I can't wait to see y'all again next year. I'm sure that we will have to meet up again.

Robi, your Nativity Scene made me tear up! It's so gorgeous! I love it.

Well, I probably won't be on much since I'm heading over my Mum's tonight. Take care and I love y'all very much.

Charlotte

Wow, Robi! That's so impressive. Brian said to tell you that watching the

video made him choke up -- you did an amazing job, and it is certainly

something to help us contemplate the meaning of the season. Thank you!:thumb_yello:

Charlotte, at least you know what your mother wants... mine is impossible.

She says she wants nothing, and yet... if I were to give her nothing there

would be hell to pay... Oh well.

Carri, can't believe you have to work tomorrow! Even my husband has

the day off -- and we'll do very last-minute shopping. As it turns out,

it will be just the three of us this holiday -- my aunt from Florida decided

to visit my parents several days early and they don't want to leave her,

so they won't come here. My husband's family is coming next weekend.

And so... we're on our own. I think it's the first time ever. In a way, it

will be sad, but in another, I think we'll enjoy it.

I know I've said it already, but it bears repeating. I'm so happy to have

found this forum and all of you... it's been an amazing year, and I

look forward with much anticipation to spending 2008 with you, too!

Not sure how much I'll be online now until after Christmas Day, so if

I don't get back, I'll just say, once more, MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all!

:newyear:

dcdeb

I just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a Merry Christmas! I probably won't be on until after the new year. My laptop has been acting up and we are going to drive to Chicago tomorrow to visit my brother. I guess this will be like a test drive for the show there in Feb. :thumb_yello:

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

Just popped on quickly as for some reason I was awake early this morning - not like me at all. I think this is the quiet before the storm before all the packing and visits start and then the trip to my mum's.

I just want to wish everyone a Happy Christmas or Season's Greetings. I hope you all have a lovely time and thank you all so much for making 2007 a year to remember. 2008 has a lot to live up to:biggrin2: .

Robi, your nativity scene is stunning - well done to you both.

Well, that's me signing off until after Christmas.

Lots of love and best wishes to you all.

Sarah xxx

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays Everyone!

This place has been such an amazing part of my 2007! Thank you for sharing Mika memories with me everyone! Let's make more for 2008! :biggrin2: