The Oldlings Thread (Part 7)!!!

dcdeb

Hi Deb! Good to see you! Back to work already? Short break! Jake is working tonight but the rest of us are off. We have a game called 'racing Grannies' where two grannies in wheelchairs race around the track like Scalextric cars..oh well, little things!

That sounds hysterical! Just pop me in one of the wheelchairs... I'm

nearly ready for it! :naughty:

Ab tells me you have been encouraging her to fly to New York..I may well not be such a good mum if she did that to me! No seriously, it would be great if she could...she has just priced up flights and found a reasobnable one but the concert is sold out so she can't go!

Ooops, I've been found out! :shocked:

Well, you can't blame me for trying, can you? I'm excited to meet

all the MFC people I haven't yet, but still... I would love to see the NYC

show with people I already know and love, too! :wub2:

Hi Oldlings...sounds like many of you had a great Christmas. Mine was okay - I didn't play Santa as well as I usually do...got a little distracted in December with an expensive trip somewhere... but hey, it's not about materialistic things anyway (ok so I'm rationalizing and making excuses now). :naughty:

Yep, I did the same kind of rationalizing, Suzy. And my trip was in November!

BTW, love your gambling scenario... may have to show it to hubby. Just

the other day I got a lovely Christmas card from Blue Sky (a real card in

the real mail!) and hubby said, "Just what is it about Mika that makes so

many of you older women love him?"

I just sighed. If I could explain that... :naughty:

Yes but lets face it...some things ARE worth waiting hours for!!!!

Hi Suzy...no I think for many of us Christmas was a little different this year due to 'other' activities!

Oh yes. Oh yes indeed!

dcdeb

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is it about Mika that makes us love him?

How long have you got!?.................

Honestly. I started to TRY to explain... I got as far as "he's just

adorable," and then realized that hubby wasn't really listening,

and besides anything I said would just be a lame attempt to explain a

*feeling* more than anything concrete that he would understand...

As long as WE understand, I think that's really all that matters.

As I've said before, thank goodness I've found all of you who speak

my language! :naughty:

dcdeb

Honestly. I started to TRY to explain... I got as far as "he's just

adorable," and then realized that hubby wasn't really listening,

and besides anything I said would just be a lame attempt to explain a

*feeling* more than anything concrete that he would understand...

As long as WE understand, I think that's really all that matters.

As I've said before, thank goodness I've found all of you who speak

my language! :naughty:

dcdeb

And the explaining isn't just limited to my husband. But to my friends, and especially to my mother! She is worried that I am being distracted away from my "homely" duties! I was just explaining to her yesterday that its not any different from doing other leisurely activities since I don't watch tv or go out shopping as much or...and then I realized I just made it sound worse because then I made it sound like Mika was monopolizing my life. :blink:

I felt bad that I had missed TOTP yesterday, I felt sleepy and

decided not to try TV. I have just read some of the comments

and Mika was not even on it!!! :shocked: Just some random

folk talking about him in not a very nice way :boxed:

Glad I went to sleep now!!!!

Christmas Confession!! I have tinsel drapped over most of the

picture frames in my front room - as I looked at them I realised

they are all in the shape of an M!!! I also got a thing for making

jewelled patterns on clothes - so immediately got out my plain white

t-shirt and put a large musical note, and "Mika" on it. My bairns

just shook their heads sadly!!!! :roftl: :roftl:

Hi Everyone! Whew, Christmas is over! Can't beleive it. I never fully was ready for it so, I'm sort of glad. Next year, I'm not spending it with my STEP-FAMILY! :thumbdown: I'm too Old to have to do that anymore! UGH!! I can live without one more crappy gift from my wicked stepsister! :biggrin2:

I hope everyone else had a great Christmas. I'm so ready to let the MIKA New Year begin. whoo hoooo!! February will be here before we know it. I can't wait!

Wendi...so glad to see you here now. We've all missed you much!

Hi Rainbow!! :wub2: Hope you had a Great Christmas! Nice to see you here! It's funny...you had to wait for the rest of us to catch up before you could even ask. LOL!! You had already been there done that. It's so strange! LOL!!

Hi Charlotte! I know... I'm finally getting used to the whole time difference thing... it's only taken nearly 3 years. :naughty:

Only wish I had figured that out when I was a kid...I remember the teacher asked me, "How does Santa get all his presents to all the kids in one night." Now, I could have said, "Hello.......He starts in Australia because Christmas is a day ahead there and then he works his way across." Sheesh, I really thought he did it all in one night. :sneaky2:

Hi Charlotte! I know... I'm finally getting used to the whole time difference thing... it's only taken nearly 3 years. :naughty:

Only wish I had figured that out when I was a kid...I remember the teacher asked me, "How does Santa get all his presents to all the kids in one night." Now, I could have said, "Hello.......He starts in Australia because Christmas is a day ahead there and then he works his way across." Sheesh, I really thought he did it all in one night. :sneaky2:

Hahahaha... that's cute! :naughty: New Zealand is ahead of us, and I think maybe some little random island things (I love my geography :roftl: )...

We always get to see in the New Year first too, and then as we are about to go to bed we watch as the rest of the world brings in the new year. It's a bit strange.

Hello anyone who is here....or will be at some point.

Wendi, what a shame you were talking to yourself! Sorry no one was around...but we have all been doing that a lot lately...no one ever seems to be here at the same time!

Rainbow....if it has taken you three years to get your head around the time difference.....does that mean you have only lived in Australia for three years......or it is three years since you realised there was a time difference!? I am not being rude (honestly!) just curious! When it was the change over from 1999 to the year 2000 and I watched the thing on the TV about when it was midnight at all the different places in the world...that was when I fully understood it. I was 36 so you are ahead of me in your understanding!

OK.....In laws coming back from Norway tonight and staying with us a couple of days...then after that I get my mum so won't be on much. Hope all is well with every one. xxxx

Hello anyone who is here....or will be at some point.

Wendi, what a shame you were talking to yourself! Sorry no one was around...but we have all been doing that a lot lately...no one ever seems to be here at the same time!

Rainbow....if it has taken you three years to get your head around the time difference.....does that mean you have only lived in Australia for three years......or it is three years since you realised there was a time difference!? I am not being rude (honestly!) just curious! When it was the change over from 1999 to the year 2000 and I watched the thing on the TV about when it was midnight at all the different places in the world...that was when I fully understood it. I was 36 so you are ahead of me in your understanding!

OK.....In laws coming back from Norway tonight and staying with us a couple of days...then after that I get my mum so won't be on much. Hope all is well with every one. xxxx

Hiya Kath :biggrin2:

Hugsssssssssssssssssssssssss

Happpy Xmas and have a great New Year xx

Hi Oldlings, did you all have a nice Christmas?

My daughter got a webcam yesterday for her birthday. She likes to sing very much so one of the first things she did was uploading a video of herself singing. She really likes to know what you think of it. So please take a look:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj_Jbey8OIA

Hi Oldlings, did you all have a nice Christmas?

My daughter got a webcam yesterday for her birthday. She likes to sing very much so one of the first things she did was uploading a video of herself singing. She really likes to know what you think of it. So please take a look:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj_Jbey8OIA

She has a lovely voice! I hope she goes far with her singing...how old is she?

Hello Blue and Freddie too...good to see people popping in...even if we never quite meet...it really has turned into a 'message board' over the last couple of weeks hasn't it rather than a place where people actually talk in real time!

She has a lovely voice! I hope she goes far with her singing...how old is she?

Hello Blue and Freddie too...good to see people popping in...even if we never quite meet...it really has turned into a 'message board' over the last couple of weeks hasn't it rather than a place where people actually talk in real time!

Thanks, she will be very pleased! She turned 12 yesterday. (Will you add a comment at Youtube?)

Thanks, she will be very pleased! She turned 12 yesterday. (Will you add a comment at Youtube?)

OH! I will try! I will need to sign in to do that...and my computer is playing up....but I will have a go later. I am Mika Mad1 on youtube.

Ok got to go......bye for now x