London Accomodation Ideas 24/25 Feb

FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is indeed reasonable and well it doesn't have to be 5 stars right? But breakfast isn't included right?

As long as it's clean I'm happy!

(I love your Hans Teeuwen signature. Tah-dahhh.)

*subscribing*

Would be nice to stay with more fellow MFCers! Although the hostel were I was yesterday wasn't bad at all.

We stayed at the same hostel and it was ok. The location is good and it wasn't too expensive. If you want to have a look:

http://stayjourneys.com/

It's Journey's Waterloo. I think about staying there again in February.

good news!!

my mum says she will think it over...I said that if she doesn't allowe me to go on my ''own'' I'm willing to pay for my sister (concert ticket plane ticket) when I said that she laughed, thats good I guess:wink2:

I said it was really good for our sister bonding, don't know If I use the correct words:bleh:

good news!!

my mum says she will think it over...I said that if she doesn't allowe me to go on my ''own'' I'm willing to pay for my sister (concert ticket plane ticket) when I said that she laughed, thats good I guess:wink2:

I said it was really good for our sister bonding, don't know If I use the correct words:bleh:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Lets hope that you can come to :biggrin2:

Yeah, us Oldlings ROCK!

We know how to have a good time, and how to fall asleep in a chair in a really trendy bar too!:roftl: :roftl:

so you ARE an odling.....mmmmmmmmmmmmm

this is news! :biggrin2:

<goes back searching rose's posts in the oldlings thread>

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

found barely none

Rose, you should post more there!!! :sneaky2:

here's the hostel where i stayed last week: http://www.hostelworld.com/availability.php/AceHotelKensington-London-10044 it's brilliant, clean, safe, breakfast included. also really close to hammersmith, but unfortunately a bed in the 8-bed-dorm is 15 pounds a night now instead of the 10 i paid. :thumbdown: would still be ok with me, but the cheap room is not available anymore for the 27th and 28th. *sigh!* but for those who leave on the 27th or don't mind paying a bit more, it's a great place. guess you should book soon though, it's quite popular. :wink2:

there's another one that has really good ratings, and long (the canadian guy who was queuing with us at the hammersmith) also said it's very good, he's been staying there, it's this one: http://www.hostelworld.com/availability.php/PalmersLodge-London-14348 guess it's not so close to any of the venues though.

and i'm currently thinking of staying at this one in february: http://www.hostelworld.com/availability.php/MEININGERCityHostelHotelLondon-London-17414 - i've been staying at the meininger in berlin, which was very good, and a friend of mine was at this one in london and she also said it's good. also has good hostelworld ratings.

actually, those 3 are the 3 top rated ones on hostelworld. :wink2:

and i'm currently thinking of staying at this one in february: http://www.hostelworld.com/availability.php/MEININGERCityHostelHotelLondon-London-17414 - i've been staying at the meininger in berlin, which was very good, and a friend of mine was at this one in london and she also said it's good. also has good hostelworld ratings.

The fact that it's probably within a 3 minute radius of Mika's house has nothing to do with it eh? :naughty:

I might consider a hostel this time.. Even though I live in London. Having to get the last tube straight after the concerts was annoying though and I'm too far for a taxi.

We're only going to be there for 2 nights tops.. It's just a place to sleep anyway.

I'd rather go by the judgement of someone who's been there recently and tells me it's good than to trust a review on a website.

Rudeness is an abstract thing anyway.. What one considers rude could be ok for another.. Y'know.

I just don't feel like having endless discussions about where to stay you know?

Let's just pick a place and go with it!

We're only going to be there for 2 nights tops.. It's just a place to sleep anyway.

I'd rather go by the judgement of someone who's been there recently and tells me it's good than to trust a review on a website.

Rudeness is an abstract thing anyway.. What one considers rude could be ok for another.. Y'know.

You're right:biggrin2: (We're in a determined mood today:naughty: ) Let's just do this one. It's cheap and we're not going to hang around there all day. Besides we have each other to bring the fun in the house uh hostel:mf_rosetinted:

Would you mind telling what hotel it was? I'm currently looking for a decent one, too, and really don't like the thought of freezing :no::sneaky2:

It was the Oxford Hotel Earls Court :thumb_yello: one of the receptionists was absolutely adorable:bleh: and the area was lovely but the hotel was just too crap :thumbdown:

* I cannot possibly lurk in this thread any longer without feeling a pang of...sadness that I cannot be there with you all again. * :no:

:( i miss ya Suzy

yeah but there are also multiple complains about bugs in the bed :boxed: and i don't want to be covert in bug bites

and they don't have lockers.