Calm Down With The Projects! (Maybe?)

Sivan

Should we calm down with the projects?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Should we calm down with the projects?

• Stop with the projects!
    • dont stop but calm it down a bit...
    • Lets do as many projects as possible!!!

I'm sorry to say but I sometimes have the feeling these projects turn into a competition between groups within the MFC. I understand that everyone wants his gift to be the most special and original one, and hopes Mika will like it, but in a way it leads to some kind of jealousy and secrecy i think it's sad cause after all, we're all here for MIKA and should work together. :(

The only reason that we are keeping it a secret is so that nobody in MIKA's team or MIKA him self will read about it somewhere here on the forum, because if he knows what he's getting than it's not a surprise anymore. Plus we are not doing it to win a prize or something, we are doing it because it is fun to do. :mf_rosetinted: :mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to say but I sometimes have the feeling these projects turn into a competition between groups within the MFC. I understand that everyone wants his gift to be the most special and original one, and hopes Mika will like it, but in a way it leads to some kind of jealousy and secrecy i think it's sad cause after all, we're all here for MIKA and should work together. :(

Aww Niki ... I don't feel competitive, jealous or secretive with anyone on MFC .... we Aussies are on the other side of the world & just would like to put something together uniquely Australian for Mika !!:thumb_yello::wub2:

Having said that ... at this stage he is only doing big festivals here .... so we may not have a chance to give him our gift anyway ... we hope to obviously ... but in the meantime .... we are just having fun being a bit creative about our ideas .... 'tis all !!:wub2:

Aww Niki ... I don't feel competitive, jealous or secretive with anyone on MFC .... we Aussies are on the other side of the world & just would like to put something together uniquely Australian for Mika !!:thumb_yello::wub2:

Having said that ... at this stage he is only doing big festivals here .... so we may not have a chance to give him our gift anyway ... we hope to obviously ... but in the meantime .... we are just having fun being a bit creative about our ideas .... 'tis all !!:wub2:

HK, I think Mika is too scared to meet us and that's why he's doing festivals!! :wink2: chicken s**t :bleh:we're not scary!!!!!!!! (much)

Cynthia your post confuses me...

I'm sure Mika appreciates EVERY SINGLE gift he gets. The only thing is it must be some kind of pressure to feel loved so much by strangers. But I really don't believe people might "hurt or not care about his feelings" giving him presents...on the contrary. And I don't see why you assume Sivan has some inside information. She never said that...

Me is confused, really :blink:

Hhhhmmm .... I'm a tad confused too Cynthia :blink: ... & speaking with my mod hat on ... I think it is highly unlikely that Siv has any 'inside' inf. re: this topic ..... & if she were to ... well, I'd have to eat my hat !!!:wink2::naughty:

I wrote a pretty lengthy post a few pages ago about my personal thoughts on this subject ..... so I need to say no more , accept to say that I feel it is far healthier to let the creativity & love flow around & towards Mika than to try to control it ....... :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

Well I am all for cooling it down if that is what Mika would prefer (but I still got one more little gift I made him but didn't get the chance to give to him at Hammersmith so I may get the chance to pass it on to him in Feb, I can't give it to anyone else cos it's too Mika related lol).

Non of us really knows what he would prefer, but I Do think it surely most of it has been done by now, I think we may have exhausted the originality of gift ideas by now (so soon too, that's cos we all went a bit mad lol), but I am sure we have all enjoyed taking part, and for those who have not yet and to all the new ones, then don't despair cos there is NO way Mika is never going to tell anyone where to stick it, he accepts gifts so graciously (I love that about him), but I just hope his sweet nature doesn't backfire on us because we start to expect more of him than he does of us.

LOL don't blame you there. :bleh:

I think he should write us a song for his next album.

*sings*

"Oh, those peeps at the MFC!

They always have some project for me!

A shirt and a book - what's next, a hat?

Soon I'll need a bigger flat!"

:roftl::roftl: genius :naughty::naughty: I would defo buy that lol.

ok didnt mean to yell at anyone... well not STOP but maybe calm it down a bit?

i hope no one plans to make any more projects for Mika....

the poor guy getting sooooo many things! i mean its very nice! but he probably sit in his house now with 100000000000 things around him and dont know where to start :naughty: he will need to buy a new house soon for everything he gets...

i know we ALL love him...i feel like making 10000 cards for him...and send him toys! and write 10000 letters.... but i wont....

im sure a lot of you saw john, mika manager at the canceled concert in london... he had so much to carry for mika! lol

i dunno.. i just think its a bit to much... dont u guys?

btw... some of u might convince me otherwise... but this is how i feel right now...

i dont want this to get into an argument...just to see how u all feel about this... and what your opinions

:biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: I guess you are correct!! And I was planning to give him a bear dressed as HIM!!!

hmm, the answer i'd choose isn't in the poll. it would be something between 2 and 3. "as many projects as possible" is stupid, but i also don't see any need to tell anyone to calm down. there wasn't that much, was there? i think the quilt for mika thing has been running for ages already. then it's christmas now and the start of the new year, of course there's more going on at this time! i'm sure it'll automatically calm down in the new year (until it's time for a birthday present again :bleh:). a lot of what john had to carry was the books for the BAND, and it was the first project for them! so for mika it was the song, the yearbook and there will be the DVD. have i forgotten anything? if not, this is really not (too) much for christmas time!

and if you're not just talking about the projects but about the fan presents in general, i also don't think it makes sense to tell anyone when+what+how much to give mika, if anyone wants to give him something, they should just do it. for myself, i've given him sth in germany, but for the UK i didn't bring anything for him, as i didn't have any good idea and i don't just wanna give him something for the sake of it. but if i have a good idea, i wanna do it without anyone telling me that mika gets too much stuff already anyway. :wink2: i don't really think he keeps all the presents for himself either, so i have no worries that his flat will get too small. :bleh:

:biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: I guess you are correct!! And I was planning to give him a bear dressed as HIM!!!

we just did that in Newcastle and it has his ring-tone laugh inside it, he seemed to like it, asked if he could keep it, I must upload his reaction vid to receiving it soon), he took him on stage with him at 2 other gigs after that (so we were told if it WAS the same bear but we think it must have been, too much of a coincidence if it wasn't).

Mikagiggle-bearNewcastleclose-up.jpg

im sorry, but i beg to differ, sometimes those books are the only ways that certain fans can express their gratitude/appreciation/thanks to mika i know that having huge audiences travel from everywhere to see him shows that, but not as personally as the books do, and i understand that as mika gets more famous that it will be much harder and more people will be trying to do so within and outside of the MFC

I meant referring to the tartan trousers. we cant keep giving him gifts that represent your country or a certain place that you live in within that country. Tartan Trousers are for Scotland, and they gave them to him when he was in Glasgow. THAT'S what I meant, sorry for the confusion!

I mean, Mika travels pretty much everywhere LOL think of how many things he'd get :roftl:

I can't be bothered to read the whole thread, so someone might have said it before, but hey :blink:

I don't think it's a problem that people make a million projects, hell if it makes them happy then there's no harm done - I only think it's a bit of a problem if we expect Mika to accept them personally and to show his appreciation, we really can't expect that - no matter how amazing some of these projects are...and the more we make, the less interesting they will be I guess (we could even cross over to be annoying at some point, if there's a delegation waiting with a project and a camera wherever he shows up :boxed: )

"Hypothetically speaking" What if Sivan has some inside information; what if she's heard that Mikais getting a bit overwhelmed by all the projects going on here?

If that were the case, I would hope she'd tell us outright instead of making a "what do you think?" thread. And correct me if I'm wrong, of course, but I think Sunny Monkey has more of an "in" with Mika than Sivan does - no offense to Sivan, of course!

I mean, if you really wanted to please Mika then wouldn't any information about his feelings (hypothetical or not) be of importance to those making them? ...If you want to continue giving him gifts without care of what his feelings might be, just on the believe that anybody would love this kind of attention...

Huh? For starters - no, I can safely say that "hypothetical" information isn't important to me. We could hypothesize a lot of things about Mika, but there's no point in basing our decisions on speculation. I don't believe for a second that anyone who has contributed to any MFC projects disregards Mika's feelings. Quite the opposite, in fact.

If we are concerned about Mika's happiness in the long run lets just go to his concerts, have a blast, go home and be happy that we've put money and time and supported our favorite artist. Forget the autographs, huge projects, personal gifts and such.

Mika's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree when he flipped through the scrapbook that Sivan coordinated. The quilt made a prominent appearance on stage after he received it. His camera guy told us that he spent 20 minutes flipping through the yearbook, and told us how fabulous it was. He wore the kimono from the Japanese fans and the tartan trousers from the Scottish fans, on stage for all to see.

There's no evidence whatsoever to think that Mika wants us to just stop with the gifts, projects, autographs, etc. In fact, I'd say the aforementioned examples are evidence to the contrary.

Actually, i think Mika might even be happy if we all didn't spend so much of our time on this forum and just enjoyed our lives with his music(its all about the music) in general, but thats just my opinion. :mf_rosetinted:

Are you serious, or was that meant to be sarcasm? Mika doesn't give a rat's behind whether or not we spend time on this forum. Seriously. I highly doubt that he's sitting around thinking "oh, I wish that Dutch girl would focus on her studies. I wish that thirty-something gal would focus on her children. They shouldn't spend so much time on the MFC."

It's about his music first and foremost, yes. But the MFC is a place where people all over the world interact, linked by a common love of his music. Most of the threads in the chin wagging section aren't even about him. Yes, we're all hard core Mika fans - but sometimes, we talk about geography, about makeup, and about Lily Allen. And I think that's one of the greatest things about the MFC.

Lol, you don't have to promise to stop. And it is different, because Yasmine isn't getting a quilt. Yasmine isn't getting yearbooks. And it's not the Yasmine fan club.:naughty:

yeah i kinda figured that after i posted the comment, silly me :doh: lol.. i just kinda still feel bad anyway ..

As a clever man once said: "You can add this to you *something* pile of cræp..."

Seriously, get a grip people. There are other ways to show your love, than shoving cards down his throat. Try "I love you". It started out very well with the prjects.. but now there's just so many things. Of course you can say "well, then don't take part", and no, Im not taking part. It just all seems to be so much!

Of course you want thim to know your name and all that weird stuff. But seriously.

Look him up in the phonebook and buy the house next to his.

:blush-anim-cl: ok didnt mean to yell at anyone... well not STOP but maybe calm it down a bit?

i hope no one plans to make any more projects for Mika.... :blink::boxed:

the poor guy getting sooooo many things! i mean its very nice! but he probably sit in his house now with 100000000000 things around him and dont know where to start :naughty: he will need to buy a new house soon for everything he gets...

i know we ALL love him...i feel like making 10000 cards for him...and send him toys! and write 10000 letters.... but i wont....

im sure a lot of you saw john, mika manager at the canceled concert in london... he had so much to carry for mika! lol

i dunno.. i just think its a bit to much... dont u guys? :blink:

btw... some of u might convince me otherwise... but this is how i feel right now...

i dont want this to get into an argument...just to see how u all feel about this... and what your opinions :)

Sivan, thank you so much for saying this. I have wanted to make a post like for a long time, but was wary about the reaction it might get.

Mika is such a lovely bloke that he probably feels bad if he doesn't keep stuff. His choice is either to end up in a house full of stuff that he doesn't need and didn't ask for, or to feel bad about dumping it.

Let's give the poor bloke a break!

As a clever man once said: "You can add this to you *something* pile of cræp..."

:naughty:

Well he honestly told you he'd take the pants and add to his gift pile, didn't he?

I voted the last one. Fans make gifts, stars deal with the storage, ok? :sneaky2: