Mika @ Maxim's, Rallye Vendôme, Paris

Niki27

hmm, so you belong to the upper class, and you totally want to fit in and be superficial (that's my image, sorry if I offend anyone), you hope to find a smart, handsome guy, who's also spoiled by mommy and daddy, and who fits in and then who plays at the party..

Mika. A guy who made is own carreer, has never really ''fitted'' in...

OMG. I just totally realised I was in Paris.. the 22th. OMG OMG OMG. Why did I miss him :P:shocked:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, he said at one point he even lost their tv, right?

* just looked it up on google earth, and while he was playing, I was really quite close, at the eiffel tour.. I've been so close without even knowing he was there! :P*

well, he said at one point he even lost their tv, right?

* just looked it up on google earth, and while he was playing, I was really quite close, at the eiffel tour.. I've been so close without even knowing he was there! :P*

Obviously we don't know everything about their lifestyle, but when they came to London, Mika is enrolled in a private school. You have to have money to do that. They are rich my my standard anyway, therefore they may have rich friends.

rest your mind in peace, it's difficoult to get into those parties...but maybe after a while, when also the security is drunk...:naughty:like I've done it 2-3 times in Rome and Florence, dunno bout Paris

Um...wow :blink:

Can we forget about the Sasje fund and just start an MFC private party fund? Seriously I've got a couple of grand to chip in instead of wasting it to stand in a queue all day outside of the Brixton Academy.

Probably could have got him for about $10K before he started booking huge stadiums.

you mean you have to belong to that social class to attend..?

I find it sad to say least. I'm not living in fairy land, I perfectly know that's the world go, still I personally find it depressing. :boxed:

is it very common in france..? I have no idea, seriously. :blink:

first, Thx for posting Niki!!

i understand what you mean, was a bit speechless too...

anyway....now i know that one day...he may sing on my wedding... :mf_rosetinted:

but have to win the million before..

....and find my future husband :blink::mf_rosetinted:

Um...wow :blink:

Can we forget about the Sasje fund and just start an MFC private party fund? Seriously I've got a couple of grand to chip in instead of wasting it to stand in a queue all day outside of the Brixton Academy.

Probably could have got him for about $10K before he started booking huge stadiums.

Sounds like a great idea , maybe we should have a word with John and see if he can tell us what the logistcs of getting a private show are.

May have to wait a few months before I could put anything in though, still a bit strapped for cash at the moment.

Mika's family aren't hard up though, are they? You never know, there may have been some family/friend connections behind it all.

They are rich my my standard anyway, therefore they may have rich friends.

I feel sure they do.

In my book they are rich too, and bit posh! Come on. Mika is posh, well to me he is. That's not a bad thing, I am not using it as an insult or anything, as some people do. I think it's one of the reasons the press get on his back, sad though that is.

I feel sure the Pennimans must have friends in high places, in both England and France.

Do you think if I asked him nicely, he would play at my "Having a mid life crisis" birthday party I'm planning for my birthday this year, ha ha!

I'm thinking of having one of those this year :bleh: .

I feel sure they do.

In my book they are rich too, and bit posh! Come on. Mika is posh, well to me he is. That's not a bad thing, I am not using it as an insult or anything, as some people do. I think it's one of the reasons the press get on his back, sad though that is.

I feel sure the Pennimans must have friends in high places, in both England and France.

I'm thinking of having one of those this year :bleh: .

Well, it's not really much different from doing a tour date. It doesn't mean he won't play for the likes of us. He plays for us all the time. But I don't blame him for doing something like that in France, after all, they treat him better than he gets treated here!! They don't cut his interviews, or cut him out of shows altogether. they hail him as the hero he is.

I hope people don't think he's selling himself. Let's face it, he's not on adverts on TV,advertising stuff he'd never use, and he hasn't brought out some new hair product or aftershave. I think it was just a one-off thing he did. Good luck to him.

Love today, from Marilyn

Well, he worked on the 19th and 20th, he just never stops does he?

addicted :mf_rosetinted:

*note*

If I could pay him to perform for me lol...ooo the possibilities...

My sister was like : "wouldn't it be funny if we payed for mika to come to cancun and sing at my wedding?" HAHA

I was like: :shocked:

"bride's sister runs off with wedding singer..." :fisch:

Obviously we don't know everything about their lifestyle, but when they came to London, Mika is enrolled in a private school. You have to have money to do that. They are rich my my standard anyway, therefore they may have rich friends.

I was thinking about this today while shopping. how obsessed am I..? :boxed: well, mika's family certaintly qualify as rich for many people here and out of forum. there's not doubt about that. BUT i was thinking this morn, in the recently read LIVE issue interview, he says "I look forward to be rich!". and I can see that's quite a sincere, personal interview..

I actually think the perception of richness is o.c. individual.. so he must think (and he's not the only one in that social class), that he's well-off rather than rich. it's all a matter of pov and of habits. when he said there's been periods in his life when they didn't have money and periods when they had, it depends how this aspect is perceived. for me not having money could mean to skip the summer holidays abroad, for another person lack of money may mean eat bread and butter only for a week... :boxed:

he says "I look forward to be rich!". and I can see that's quite a sincere, personal interview..

I actually think the perception of richness is o.c. individual.. so he must think (and he's not the only one in that social class), that he's well-off rather than rich.

Yes it's all a matter of perspective. No doubt his family is better off than 90%+ of people living in the UK, but he may have been at the opposite end of the spectrum compared to his peers at private school.

And regarding his comment about being rich in the future... His parents' wealth is not necessarily his wealth. Just because they worked hard to pay thousands of ££ for private schools doesn't mean they're going to keep handing it over to him so he can buy designer clothes, imported toys and refurbish his flat. He has to make his own way in life and I'm sure everyone in their early 20s looks forward to the day when they can drop their own cash on whatever they want rather than relying on hand-outs from their parents or trying to get by on a waiter's salary.

I thought he went to a school run by the French government...

Once, many years ago, my school got Suzi Quatro to play at our ball. The promoters had her on their books, and we were laughing that she might come to our little school event....but she did and she was great. And we were not some elite group!

Not particularly relevant I guess....

I think our lack of experience in the music world means we have mostly never heard of big names doing this sort of event before, but it probably happens all the time. Big names, big money.

addicted :mf_rosetinted:

I was thinking about this today while shopping. how obsessed am I..? :boxed: well, mika's family certaintly qualify as rich for many people here and out of forum. there's not doubt about that. BUT i was thinking this morn, in the recently read LIVE issue interview, he says "I look forward to be rich!". and I can see that's quite a sincere, personal interview..

I actually think the perception of richness is o.c. individual.. so he must think (and he's not the only one in that social class), that he's well-off rather than rich. it's all a matter of pov and of habits. when he said there's been periods in his life when they didn't have money and periods when they had, it depends how this aspect is perceived. for me not having money could mean to skip the summer holidays abroad, for another person lack of money may mean eat bread and butter only for a week... :boxed:

I totally agree with you, dfferent people have very different life experiences and therefore different perceptions of the meaning of rich/poor.

I don't know why he went there but.....what I know is that I still LOVE HIM AND THINK THAT HE IS THE BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEST ARTIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mf_lustslow::thumb_yello::roftl:

" you are my sunshine you make me happy when skies are greys..."