Mikas music on TV/film.

RAK1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not so late I saw the ad on a channel Animal Planet. I do not know how called this program, in Russian it sounds like "wedding season". Grace Kelly is sounding as background . I jumped joying . Very pleasant:wub2:

Okay, this isn't about Mika's music, but I thought this was the most appropriate place to mention this.

I was watching the semi final of The Eurovision Song Contest and one of the countries (can't remember which) has a female contestant called Mika Newton.

Chris Moyles was doing the commentary, and he said.

"Of course, this isn't THE Mika... The one who goes" *Chris tries to sing* "I try to be like Grace Kelly" *Chris fails miserably*.

It was a really funny moment and a great mention for our guy.

As for the girl I've nicknamed "Lady Mika" she was really good and had a sand artist working with her, the sand drawings were shown on a screen behind her. I know that Mister Mika would have approved.

Lady Mika has got into the final which is tomorrow night. So have Jedward for Ireland and Blue for the UK.

This lady from Ukraine...

A funny thought came into my head...maybe, therefore Mika will go there?.. That Ukrainian people to know who is actual Mika? The Main Mika))? Joke:wink2:

Yesterday I was in grocery shop near to my house. The girl-cashier listened to "Rain" on her phone:mf_lustslow:

HERE's the whole episode; (Select the 1ST one)

WATCH the ending scenes . . . the good stuff starts around 37:00

there may be an ad to sit through first, but it's worth it!

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/the_good_wife/video/?pid=fcNr_GXKoUS9ACurR_J4xsSXBJNpgpEu

Recognize the song? :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

[YOUTUBE]nJnl0FlfOq4[/YOUTUBE]

I saw this on TV and freaked out a little because this is one of my favorite shows! :woot_jump:

I wish I could find a clip of the whole part MIKA was singing "ANY OTHER WORLD" - I saw it last night and really enjoyed it, BUT I want to see it again.

Well here's a description of what MIKA's song is singing over:

http://smallscreenscoop.com/the-good-wife-closing-arguments-recap/315283/

THE GOOD WIFE Closing Arguments Recap – Elevator Love

So, here’s the part we’ve all been waiting for, or dreading I suppose. Will and Alicia go to celebrate. Tequila shots for everyone! They are flirty a bit, and she asks about Tammy. Turns out, after his original closing arguments he was supposed to go to her apartment and convince her not to go to London, but obviously that didn’t happen. So she is in London. Good. Really? He needed to convince her again? Because he already asked her to stay. Bye bye, Tammy.

The two discuss their consistent bad timing and Will wonders what it would be like if for just one hour they didn’t have bad timing…. The word exceptional is uttered, and Will sprints to the receptionist desk to get a room. The sprinting isn’t shown, I just imagine that is what happened. Of course, the hotel is booked solid (really?!) except for the Presidential Suite (it comes with a butler named Jerome!) for $7800 a night. For $7800, I hope they have better timing for more than an hour. Damn!

They get in an elevator right after some horrible child pressed all the buttons. But I kind of want to kiss the kid because it leads to one of the best directed/scored/acted scenes on the show. As the doors open and shut, you can see the doubt starts to creep up on Alicia’s face. And just as she is about to say that maybe they shouldn’t do this, he takes her hand and then draws her into a hot elevator kiss. (Someone has been watching Grey’s Anatomy!)

When they get to the room, the key won’t work and Will nearly has a seizure. He goes to get another key and Alicia grabs his hand and says it’s ok. Just when you think she means she changed her mind and this is sign not to do it, she flips the key card over (because Will is a dummy and had it upside down.

I don’t blame him… he was excited) and then opens the door and leads him inside.

Sigh…..

So, what did you think? I thought it was a perfect episode. I absolutely loved every minute. Bravo, writers! I know a lot of you are upset over the Will/Alicia thing. I don’t know if she is ready to jump into a relationship, but I’m curious to see how they handle that next season!

Speaking of – Season 3 is official as of today, and the show has been moved to Sundays at 9pm.

What are you excited for with The Good Wife Season 3? Eli and Alicia???? YAY!

Edited by A. Clay
  • Like 1

HEAR MIKA SING 'ANY OTHER WORLD'

on "The Good Wife"

which aired in USA last night!

HERE's the whole episode; (Select the 1ST one)

WATCH the ending scenes . . . the good stuff starts around 37:00

there may be an ad to sit through first, but it's worth it!

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/the_good_wife/video/?pid=fcNr_GXKoUS9ACurR_J4xsSXBJNpgpEu

"So, what did you think? I thought it was a perfect episode. I absolutely loved every minute. Bravo, writers!"

A. Clay, I couldn't possibly agree with you more!!! I LOVE this show... Always amazing writing, and THE BEST casting and performances... And OMG - to hear Mika's ANY OTHER WORLD during that scene in the elevator and in front of the hotel room door?!!!!! Helllloooooo?!!!! Are you kidding?!!!!!! Nirvana. Bravo to whoever had the high intuition to use that song... Was that beyond perfect or what?!!!!! :thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello: I also LOVE the thought of how many MORE people all over the world will discover Mika and his music from watching that episode... and love the thought of how other Mika/The Good Wife fans must have been as thrilled (!!!) as we were to see and hear that song suddenly start playing during THAT scene... Thanks so much for including all those links so I can watch it again! And again...

Big love from Boston!

CookieForMika23-2.jpg

"So, what did you think? I thought it was a perfect episode.

I absolutely loved every minute. Bravo, writers!"

A. Clay, I couldn't possibly agree with you more!!! I LOVE this show... Always amazing writing, and THE BEST casting and performances... And OMG - to hear Mika's ANY OTHER WORLD during that scene in the elevator and in front of the hotel room door?!!!!! Helllloooooo?!!!! Are you kidding?!!!!!! Nirvana. Bravo to whoever had the high intuition to use that song... Was that beyond perfect or what?!!!!! :thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello: I also LOVE the thought of how many MORE people all over the world will discover Mika and his music from watching that episode... and love the thought of how other Mika/The Good Wife fans must have been as thrilled (!!!) as we were to see and hear that song suddenly start playing during THAT scene... Thanks so much for including all those links so I can watch it again! And again...

Big love from Boston!

CookieForMika23-2.jpg

Hi ya,

I've watched it 'a few' times . . .

[YOUTUBE]cf2Sbsvktmw[/YOUTUBE]

. . . I LOVE me a good MIKA surprise and THIS one 'shivers me timbers' !

For context, and such, I like this link the best: BRILLIANT SCORE!

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/the_good_wife/video/?pid=XMolil1gGyEnE5DE1rdLnHxPQPyxP7By&vs=Clips&play=true

Edited by A. Clay

". . . I LOVE me a good MIKA surprise and THIS one 'shivers me timbers' !"

OOooooh... me timbers were shivered too!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just watched it again on that link in your post. The music... the lyrics... the timing... BEYOND PERFECTION.

MIKA-2-1.gif

Check out this bit of an interview with Robert and Michelle King, the creators of The Good Wife --

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/18/the-good-wife-season-2-finale-closing-arguments/

What was that enrapturing song that played during those last few minutes of the episode?

Mika’s “Any Other World.” And using such a song was somewhat of a departure for the show. “We haven’t been doing the songs because we’ve been trying to avoid the whole slow-motion end of shows where it feels like the drama of the episode is relying on the song,” Robert says. “But on the other hand we didn’t want this to just be the silence of the elevator.”

From THE GOOD WIFE writers on TWITTER:

GoodWifeWriters

"Say goodbye to the world you thought you lived in..." Indeed.

18 May

GoodWifeWriters

That song is called "Any Other World" by Mika and we think it's about to become your new obsession.

18 May

(P.S. Reading what Mika said about the meaning of this song, it really was an exquisitely PERFECT and conscious choice on their part...)

"There is a little spoken introduction that many people may miss. It's about a family friend of mine who lost her eye during the war in Lebanon and I realized in everyone's life their comes one point, or several points where something happens and you have to completely change the way you have lived your life because of one event. And it really makes you readjust and rethink and rejudge parts of your life all over again. That happens to some people in a dramatic way like Rafa who lost both her eye and her husband within 6 months. Or it can be in a much quieter way like when you are 22-years-old and you finally leave university after being in education all your life or when you lose your job. I wanted to put that in the song, because when you're 68 or 14, it's still the same feeling and it's still just as hard. I wanted to try to capture that quite difficult period that people have to go through at least once in their life."

(P.S.S. A. Clay - LOVED your comment about the other picture!!!)

Baranicecloseup-14.gif

"So, what did you think? I thought it was a perfect episode. I absolutely loved every minute. Bravo, writers!"

Big love from Boston!

CookieForMika23-2.jpg

Yes this is the most brilliant news! This should get more folks interested in him. Also, I hope other shows will start to get with the Mika magic after seeing this (Yes I'm talking about you @GLEEonFOX)

The enrapturing songs of The Maestro just keep comming on television!

We Are Golden and Happy Endings were both played in the background on Britain's Got Talent.

WAG was the instrumental version, Happy Endings was instrumental, with the chorus actually being sung.

• 2 weeks later...