Mikas music on TV/film.

RAK1

Has it been posted here ?

Wiki mentions

Live Your Life

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_Your_Life_(canción_de_Mika)

Del 2 de agosto al 10 de noviembre de 2013 fue la banda sonora del Viento comerciales con Giorgio Panariello y Vanessa Incontrada.

Wind Spot Agosto 2013 - Panariello e Vanessa Incontrada

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Mika re-posting IG story

On 8/16/2023 at 7:23 AM, Kumazzz said:

The Scotsman

19 Aug 2023

Pressreader https://pressreader.com/article/282883735264447

MUSICALS & OPERA

A Comedy Of Operas

Pleasance at EICC (Venue 150) until 27 August

Fancy a bit of opera without having to cope with the confusing storylines, supertitles, terrifying ticket prices, long running times and bits that aren’t on adverts? A Comedy Of Operas is the show for you, offering a crowd-pleasing trot through the world’s most famous arias while making few demands of its audience.

Presumably inspired by the jukebox musicals that clog up regional theatres, it takes the sections of opera you already know and glues them together with a rudimentary plot (it’s about love). Contemporary pop songs (Whitney! Celine! Mika?) are included to hold the attention of the opera-phobic, while the comedy of the title is largely a case of the performers mugging at the audience. A welcome darker section prompts the wonderful content warning: “The show contains a scene where a character ‘operatically’ considers taking their own life”.

The cast are admittedly superb, delivering sublime vocal performances and making a genuine connection with the crowd, but calling it lightweight is more of an accurate description than a criticism.

Still, as it concludes with Nessun Dorma (of course it does) and a medley familiar to fans of Fringe stalwarts Axis of Awesome, it would be impossible not to leave with both a grin and a multitude of earworms.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

:spain:

La Opinion de Murcia

https://www.laopiniondemurcia.es/deportes/2023/09/16/show-pablo-torres-descanso-clasico-92161458.html

16·09·23 | 09:42

Un show de Pablo de Torres, en el descanso del Clásico de la Supercopa de Murcia

Durante el descanso de la primera semifinal Real Madrid-Barça que dará comienzo a las seis y media de la tarde, los aficionados podrán disfrutar de un espectacular show creado por el murciano Pablo de Torres. El músico y productor también será el encargado de dirigir una actuación que contará con un elenco de artistas formado por los cantantes de la compañía Belter Souls, los bailarines de Murcia Dance Center y el propio Pablo de Torres al piano. En total, cincuenta artistas interpretarán un medley de las canciones Grace Kelly de Mika, Viva la Vida de Coldplay y Héroes de Bowie.

• 2 weeks later...

About half an hour ago my husband was watching the reality show "Quattro matrimoni" ( Four Weddings)  on Italian Sky TV and during the reception you could hear one of Mika's songs in the background ( don't know if it was being played by the restaurant or the TV show).

Guess which one . . . "Happy Ending"! 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, SusanT said:

About half an hour ago my husband was watching the reality show "Quattro matrimoni" ( Four Weddings)  on Italian Sky TV and during the reception you could hear one of Mika's songs in the background ( don't know if it was being played by the restaurant or the TV show).

Guess which one . . . "Happy Ending"! 😄

I think the bride and groom didn’t realize the ending is actually not so happy in that song :facepalm:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I think the bride and groom didn’t realize the ending is actually not so happy in that song :facepalm:

Yes, and Mika told that it happens often to him. That people play "Happy Ending" during their wedding and don't realise that the ending is actually not happy. :facepalm:

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm watching the European Figure Skating Championships this week, it's in Kaunas and the DJ in the arena is always playing a song after each skate to fill the "break" as usual. Yesterday during the men's final, I suddenly heard a very familiar tune and the most beautiful voice started singing the words "is it really necessary every single day...". I was so happy and started singing for myself at home because it's really rare to hear Rain somewhere and I love the song! Later he also played Relax. Good music taste! :lol3:

• Like 6

Thanks a lot for finding and posting @Anna Ko Kolkowska

On 1/15/2024 at 3:19 AM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I can't find now the thread with Mika's songs used in movies.

I was skipping between channels on my TV and I saw/heard this!

It was the end of the American-Hungarian movie Monte Carlo from 2011 with Selena Gomez.

It's so cool to hear all of sudden on Polish TV Blame It On The Girls!!!!

I don't know if it has been already mentioned on the Forum.

EDIT: On the soundtrack list we can find as well Love Today.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1067774/soundtrack/

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

:south-korea: in South Korea,

2016 All That Skate (DAY1) Act.2 Finale - Kick ASS by Mika

Wikipedia  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_That_Skate

2016 All That Skate

The All That Skate 2016 was held at the Mokdong Ice Rink in Seoul, South Korea, on June 4–6.

The theme of the ice show was "The Dream".

Act 2

Finale – "Kick Ass (We Are Young)" by Mika

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

https://www.wittytv.it/amici/sarah-e-mida-stardust-13-aprile/

Hello to all of you! :pinkbow:

I don't know  if this is the right place to share it, but this morning I have found this video from Italian Television. This is a Talent Show in Italy where two students sing their version of "Stardust" of Mika. 

I apologise if this is not a right place to publish it. If someone of you is interested in it you can move it in another thread more appropriate, if you don't like it or you are not interested you can quietly cancel my message. Thank you to everyone! 

Bye! :bye:

Edited by Arianne921
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Arianne921 said:

I don't know  if this is the right place to share it, but this morning I have found this video from Italian Television. This is a Talent Show in Italy where two students sing their version of "Stardust" of Mika. 

I apologise if this is not a right place to publish it. If someone of you is interested in it you can move it in another thread more appropriate, if you don't like it or you are not interested you can quietly cancel my message. Thank you to everyone! 

Hi @Arianne921, thanks for posting! I quoted your post here, this is the place where we gather all kind of performances of Mika's songs on TV shows or movies :thumb_yello: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, krysady said:

Hi @Arianne921, thanks for posting! I quoted your post here, this is the place where we gather all kind of performances of Mika's songs on TV shows or movies :thumb_yello: 

Ok! Thank you for your help @krysady :hug:

I have seen just now that @Kumazzzhad already posted it!

I'm sorry, but I couldn't find the right thread. :sweatdrop::lol:

Edited by Arianne921
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Arianne921 said:

I'm sorry, but I couldn't find the right thread. :sweatdrop::lol:

Don't worry, there's quite a lot of threads around the forum, it takes some time to get used to the place :wink2:

• Like 3

On 4/21/2024 at 5:44 AM, Arianne921 said:

Thank you so much. I really loved their version.

Edited by QueenBigFat
Spelling matters
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2024 at 10:44 AM, Arianne921 said:

Moved your post to this thread where we talk about Mika's music on TV and film 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

:spain:In Spain

Antena 3

https://www.antena3.com/programas/tu-cara-me-suena/supremme-luxe-mika-relax-take-easy_20240427662c2b8dc18d400001a26e6f.html

Supremme de Luxe hace un Mika legendario con esta versión sobrecogedora de ‘Relax, take it easy’

Supremme de Luxe makes a legendary Mika with this overwhelming version of 'Relax, take it easy'

Original

Mika- Relax, Take it easy- Opéra de Versailles