Did you get a chance to talk to him?

mika- I love you

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

where do the flashing hearts come from?

It's probably too late to have them shipped to N. America but I've ordered some to be delivered in the UK. As long as they arrive in the next couple of days Sariflor will bring them to Toronto and I'll give you one.

For meeting Mika:

Don't...

Get overexcited and start screaming and pushing. It will put an end to the meet and greet and ruin it for everyone.

Try to touch his hair or grab any other body part. Probably best not to even ask because he thinks it's odd.

Slip him your phone number. He's not going to call you!

Do...

Remain calm and quiet and listen to security/management's instructions about where to stand and whether you can take pics, etc.

Ask him for a hug if you haven't been told specifically not to because there isn't enough time or he's not feeling well or whatever.

Give him a gift if you want to. It gives you and Mika something to talk about and is probably nicer for him than just having a pen stuck in his face and asked for an autograph. Just don't invest so much in the gift that you will be heartbroken if you can't give it to him yourself, because there are no guarantees. Mika is at the gigs to perform, not to be available to receive gifts.

It's probably too late to have them shipped to N. America but I've ordered some to be delivered in the UK. As long as they arrive in the next couple of days Sariflor will bring them to Toronto and I'll give you one.

For meeting Mika:

Don't...

Get overexcited and start screaming and pushing. It will put an end to the meet and greet and ruin it for everyone.

Try to touch his hair or grab any other body part. Probably best not to even ask because he thinks it's odd.

Slip him your phone number. He's not going to call you!

Do...

Remain calm and quiet and listen to security/management's instructions about where to stand and whether you can take pics, etc.

Ask him for a hug if you haven't been told specifically not to because there isn't enough time or he's not feeling well or whatever.

Give him a gift if you want to. It gives you and Mika something to talk about and is probably nicer for him than just having a pen stuck in his face and asked for an autograph. Just don't invest so much in the gift that you will be heartbroken if you can't give it to him yourself, because there are no guarantees. Mika is at the gigs to perform, not to be available to receive gifts.

ooh, good advice Thank you! I'm not a but scream/push person, so thats good(but gee, now i can't give him the pillow with my phone number embroidered in it!! haha just kidding :P) So they will for sure tell you not to ask for hugs if he's not feeling well right? And if you do get the hearts- that would be great! i would love one:biggrin2:

Blimey, where to start!

The first time I actually spoke to him was last February at th Love Today signing in .

London.

I had some cards with me to give to him and the band, that Nel in South Africa had made, and I offered to bring them to give to him.

When I got up to the table, which was on the stage, I was told 1 item for signing and no photos, but giving the cards was okay. So I went up to him and he asked my name and I told him, he signed my record and I told him about the cards and where they were from and he said that he was very impressed theat Nel had sent them all that way and that his was beautiful, also he would make sure the band got their cards.

He then looked at me smiled and winked. Nearly fell off the stage, but managed to compose myself enough to walk off.

I have met him several times since and spoken to him, started the random question sessions with him which I'll hopefully be continuing in London next month and even got a little cuddle in Bournemouth, which was nice. Finally I have been filmed for him over the course of the UK dates, that's what dressing crazy gets you, but it was fun and I did enjoy it, don't think I've had that much fun ever.

Hope that helps.

Blimey, where to start!

The first time I actually spoke to him was last February at th Love Today signing in .

London.

I had some cards with me to give to him and the band, that Nel in South Africa had made, and I offered to bring them to give to him.

When I got up to the table, which was on the stage, I was told 1 item for signing and no photos, but giving the cards was okay. So I went up to him and he asked my name and I told him, he signed my record and I told him about the cards and where they were from and he said that he was very impressed theat Nel had sent them all that way and that his was beautiful, also he would make sure the band got their cards.

He then looked at me smiled and winked. Nearly fell off the stage, but managed to compose myself enough to walk off.

I have met him several times since and spoken to him, started the random question sessions with him which I'll hopefully be continuing in London next month and even got a little cuddle in Bournemouth, which was nice. Finally I have been filmed for him over the course of the UK dates, that's what dressing crazy gets you, but it was fun and I did enjoy it, don't think I've had that much fun ever.

Hope that helps.

You are sooooo lucky :shocked:

With my luck, I will never see him :boxed:

ooh, good advice Thank you! I'm not a but scream/push person, so thats good(but gee, now i can't give him the pillow with my phone number embroidered in it!! haha just kidding :P) So they will for sure tell you not to ask for hugs if he's not feeling well right? And if you do get the hearts- that would be great! i would love one:biggrin2:

:naughty: Unless you're the first person to speak to him you'll probably get an idea on what your chances are for a hug by how he's interacting with everyone else. From what I've seen he's very tactile, so if it's a somewhat casual situation where he's not behind a barrier and they allow photos, he'll be putting his arms around fans.

It's hard to say if that's going to happen though because if there are too many people he may not have the time to stop and hug everyone and pose for pictures. That's why they have been imposing limits as he becomes more popular. It's better that everyone gets a chance to greet him quickly than that 10 people monopolize his time and then he has to leave before everyone else has a chance.

You are sooooo lucky :shocked:

With my luck, I will never see him :boxed:

I thought that too, even after the signing, I never thought I'd get that close to him again.

But somehow it happened, and Bournemouth was total luck, as there was only about 10 of us round the back, hence time for a quick hug.

Still not had a photo with him yet, most of the band yes, but not Mika yet.

I think if you keep away from personal subjects and keep it light, you'll have a better chance at a conversation with him,he does like a chat.

It's hard to say if that's going to happen though because if there are too many people he may not have the time to stop and hug everyone and pose for pictures. That's why they have been imposing limits as he becomes more popular. It's better that everyone gets a chance to greet him quickly than that 10 people monopolize his time and then he has to leave before everyone else has a chance.

This makes sense, i'm going to be an idiot and wait in the negative temperatures for him- i know i wont be the only one!- but i'm hoping most of the people will chicken out. the weather is supposed to be disgusting.

there isn't even guarentees he'll be there.. :mf_rosetinted: *runs away after having scared newbies away* :roftl:

there isn't even guarentees he'll be there.. :mf_rosetinted: *runs away after having scared newbies away* :roftl:

It's okay, i've figured that, especially because of the weather. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. The concert in itself will be amazing and anything extra will just be astounding:)

oh no, hun. I meant because of cancellations. that's why i wrote that silly comment after. :wink2: it's that us, from the old continent (and not only), have experienced some cancellations in past, dec. gigs for one, and tend to take the whole thing with some irony. try to, at least :bleh:

no worries, I'm sure he'll be there for ya :wink2:

oh no, hun. I meant because of cancellations. that's why i wrote that silly comment after. :wink2: it's that us, from the old continent (and not only), have experienced some cancellations in past, dec. gigs for one, and tend to take the whole thing with some irony. try to, at least :bleh:

OH! okay, sorry! yea, well i hope he wouldn't cancel since its only his 2nd gig of the tour! and since i am a newbie at this, it would really suck because i'm beyond excited (points to banner, haha) and i joined all this during finals week at school (in retrospect=bad idea) my studying has been lacking. in fact, my last 2 finals are tomorrow, so i should be studying now! ahh.

This makes sense, i'm going to be an idiot and wait in the negative temperatures for him- i know i wont be the only one!- but i'm hoping most of the people will chicken out. the weather is supposed to be disgusting.

Well if it's that disgusting don't expect Mika is going to be too keen to stick around either. :naughty:

That kinda goes without saying (to me anyway) :roftl:

OH! okay, sorry! yea, well i hope he wouldn't cancel since its only his 2nd gig of the tour!

Oh youngling and newbie, there are a million reasons why Mika wouldn't cancel a concert and yet somehow he manages to make an exception just for us.

I'm not trying to scare anyone into thinking he'll cancel because I don't think he will, but anything is possible. That is why my primary concern is that he puts on a good show for us and I really don't care if he's available to sign autographs later. Getting Mika to another continent and up on a stage is enough of a mission. I can't be fussed about an autograph.

OH! okay, sorry! yea, well i hope he wouldn't cancel since its only his 2nd gig of the tour! and since i am a newbie at this, it would really suck because i'm beyond excited (points to banner, haha) and i joined all this during finals week at school (in retrospect=bad idea) my studying has been lacking. in fact, my last 2 finals are tomorrow, so i should be studying now! ahh.

best luck on finals :thumb_yello:

best luck on finals :thumb_yello:

Thank you! geometry and world History *gag me* ick.

Well if it's that disgusting don't expect Mika is going to be too keen to stick around either. :naughty:

Oh youngling and newbie, there are a million reasons why Mika wouldn't cancel a concert and yet somehow he manages to make an exception just for us.

I'm not trying to scare anyone into thinking he'll cancel because I don't think he will, but anything is possible. That is why my primary concern is that he puts on a good show for us and I really don't care if he's available to sign autographs later. Getting Mika to another continent and up on a stage is enough of a mission. I can't be fussed about an autograph.

This is (unfortunately)true!(about the nasty weather) And yes, a good show (and possibly being towards the front to watch!) is my goal right now:)

Tsssk don't scare the first-timers!

Moreover, he only cancels when he knows you'll be there :naughty:

P.S. Are you coming on the 28th of february? *is scared*

I have never got a chance to be at his concert:crybaby:

So,if any of you get a chance to talk to him,please do HUGE favour to an MFC fellow and tell him to come here,cause there's one girl who otherwise just might die of sadness:crybaby:

Okay it's a little bit long but my rundown of the gigs I've attended and my Mika encounters!!

Birmi ngham:I so wish I'd hug around in Birmingham when i saw him for the first time at the beginning of the year. But I had only known who he was for a few weeks and had no idea he would come out, plus I had my little sister and her friend with me, we'd driven from North Wales and had to drive back again that night so were all pretty tired.

I've met him since tho:

Glasgow: I got to thank him for his amazing Music and we had a quick chat about Any Other World (my fav song). It was raining and I was quite clearly freezing, he hold me not to get too cold and rubbed my arms. Signed my ticket (I hadn't even thought to bring my dvd or album). I was a little awe-struck.

Manchester: Got pulled up on stage alon with my friend during Lollipop, tried to hang around back stage after, talked to the band (got a wonderful bear hug from Cherisse) and chatted with Mika's Mum...then a nasty security guard chucked us out. Was a little bit crazy in Manchester afterward so I hung back and talked to Vixen and friends. Spoke to Mika for a moment, John asked if I was doing anymore gigs (Told him yep) and he said he looked forwards to seeing me. Got my DVD signed by Mika.

Birmingham: Alot more structured, I got to see Mika on my own because I wasn't with anyone and they were letting people in small groups. Mika recognised me (Which surprised me because I didn't have my top hat on and had put a hoodie and sweat pants on over my costume), asked me if I'd enjoyed the gig and asked where Holy Johnny was (I attended the first two with a friend dressed as HJ), Then asked if I was oing to any more gigs, again answer was yes and that Marc (HJ) would be at the next one too. Mika grinned and said he'd have him on stage again. Then signed my piano key braces, siad they were really nice and took his time (the si on them is beautiful!)

Doncaster: Mika didn't seem all that well but still talked to everyone, gave him a jar of Chicken tonight, which got a fab reaction "Nooooo...I know what this means ...you can't give this too me!" Laughin the whole time. He gave me it back but still signed my Relax single for me but declined to sign the Chicken Tonight!

I've been interviewed at every gig by Andy so here will probably be some footage of me floating around too!