2008 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for Mika @ Bell Center in Montréal, Québec

dcdeb

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooooh just the floor.

People in the seats didn't have to make a crazy line form 3 pm, but they were far away...:mf_rosetinted:

We win.

Haha, thought so!

Good for you, though! Baring the cold and getting nice spots!:thumb_yello:

Haha, oh most definitely! No way would I want to be up in the third level!

holy sh*t...............*watches dreams of small, intimate Brisbane show go flying out the window and also chance of getting up the front*

:tears:

That's if he ever makes it back to Oz.....!!!

Thanks for the reports- can't wait to see some videos!!

Which small intimate Brisbane venue did you have in mind? Suncorp stadium? The Gabba? Actually, I can't for the life of me remember the names of the concert venues in Bris, apart from City Hall which apparently has awful acoustics.

Gosh...I don't know. I doubt he could fill Suncorp Stadium - I was there for Robbie Williams and that was massive but I had quite good seats....

I think he would probably play the Southbank Convention Centre, I saw Pete Murray there at his last gig and that fit in quite a big crowd.

I was hoping for a smaller venue, like thet tivoli or the arena, but I think he would sell out in an instant....I just want to get up the front, damn it! I would wait for hours.

I think the best way is to take what I can get LOL and stop reading reviews because I am too fragile and emotional :tears:

Right, so here we go...

Danie and I will do a joint post as we were on the floor together and Véro will do her own post cuz she had a slightly different experience than us:mf_rosetinted:

So as Carolina said earlier....we got there very early and had to stand in the cold....took turns warming up. We were lucky enough to warm up under the Bell Centre and got to hear sound check...Amazing!!

So they finally open the gate and everyone makes a mad dash for the door...shoving me into the security guard in the process who wouldn't allow me to pass :sneaky2:

We got in and Danie had to check her bag so I was given the mission of running to front row...Mission: Completed!!!

We were front row right in front of Martin! It was fantastic!!

The Midway State and Creature opened for Mika and both bands were great! Can't wait to see The Midway State when they open for Mika in New York. The lead singer had hair that was curly like Mika's but big like Cherisse's!!! Wild!!

So while waiting for Mika the crowd decided to have some fun and did the wave!! It is quite a sight to see 10, 000 people do the wave and it went on for 5 or 6 turns. Very cool!

to be continued......

Right, so here we go...

Danie and I will do a joint post as we were on the floor together and Véro will do her own post cuz she had a slightly different experience than us:mf_rosetinted:

So as Carolina said earlier....we got there very early and had to stand in the cold....took turns warming up. We were lucky enough to warm up under the Bell Centre and got to hear sound check...Amazing!!

So they finally open the gate and everyone makes a mad dash for the door...shoving me into the security guard in the process who wouldn't allow me to pass :sneaky2:

We got in and Danie had to check her bag so I was given the mission of running to front row...Mission: Completed!!!

We were front row right in front of Martin! It was fantastic!!

The Midway State and Creature opened for Mika and both bands were great! Can't wait to see The Midway State when they open for Mika in New York. The lead singer had hair that was curly like Mika's but big like Cherisse's!!! Wild!!

So while waiting for Mika the crowd decided to have some fun and did the wave!! It is quite a site to see 10, 000 people do the wave and it went on for 5 or 6 turns. Very cool!

to be continued......

Security guards, bah!

Honestly, from what I've heard on The Midway State's myspace, I don't really like them.:boxed: Maybe I'll feel differently live..

Good stuff so far!

YAY :punk: thanks for the report!

hurry with part 2 I've got to go to uni in half an hour lol

a wave by 10000 people is sth huh? in brussels we were 8000 and people did a wave too, AMAZING!!

FINALLY....

Mika came on stage!!!

So this being my very first Mika gig.....the look on my face must have been priceless!! (apparently it was, there is a pic and none of you will see it :mf_rosetinted: )

This was one of the best concerts I have ever been too!! The crowd was amazing, singing along to every song (except HMDYLM cuz no one with the exception of maybe 10 of us had heard it before), dancing...

Mika just happened to mention that we were "****ing amazing!!!!!" in case you were interested. :mf_rosetinted:

Mika opened with the usual Relax and performed many of the same songs he did on the UK tour but this time instead of Missionary Man, he performed When Doves Cry with Saranayde! He also closed with Relax but did a more "relaxed" version of it.

There was the Love Today drum solo of course where Mika decided to pour his bottle of water on Cherisse's head....that boy sure can run....Cherisse is quick herself...and yes, he was shirtless.:wub2:

Then came the moment we were all waiting for.....

LOLLIPOP!!!!

Of course we didn't want to see the show end but we were looking forward to Véro and Mary-Lune in their pink dresses. They came on stage at the beginning of the song which was great cuz it gave them a chance to show off their mad dance skills. They looked like they were having the time of their lives!! The Big Girls didn't make it out to the stage until about 30 seconds before the end of the song cuz someone forgot to give them their cue to go onstage. A memorable moment was when Mika walked up to Mary-Lune and started to sing to her...I've never seen anyone look so shocked! Poor girl!

to be continued....again

I'll not make a report because you probably already know everything but I had the chance to meet him after the show with some MFCers :mf_lustslow: He signed my poster and we talked a little bit and I have 2 pics with him!!! :wub2: He's the most adorable man in the world! MIKA I LOVE YOU!!!!

I didn't take many photos pics because Mika jump everywhere :bleh: but I have a lot of videos (I think I filmed all the show :naughty:) I'll upload them tomorrow and I'll post my pics too!

So after the show we hunted for the lollipop girls and they found us while we were waiting for Mika....

We ended up not waiting cuz we didn't think he would come and see the fans cuz he is doing Toronto so soon after...

Whoops!! Guess we don't know Mika that well after all :naughty:

So there you have it...a quick report...

Now it is off to bed so we can catch the bus to the next gig :punk:

TORONTO HERE WE COME!!!!

We will try to post what we can ASAP...but most of it will probably appear on Thursday.

I'll not make a report because you probably already know everything but I had the chance to meet him after the show with some MFCers :mf_lustslow: He signed my poster and we talked a little bit and I have 2 pics with him!!! :wub2: He's the most adorable man in the world! MIKA I LOVE YOU!!!!

I didn't take many photos pics because Mika jump everywhere :bleh: but I have a lot of videos (I think I filmed all the show :naughty:) I'll upload them tomorrow and I'll post my pics too!

Aw that's so awesome that you got to meet him! :original:

*waits patiently for part three* :original:

So after the show we hunted for the lollipop girls and they found us while we were waiting for Mika....

We ended up not waiting cuz we didn't think he would come and see the fans cuz he is doing Toronto so soon after...

TORONTO HERE WE COME!!!!

We will try to post what we can ASAP...but most of it will probably appear on Thursday.

Thanks for your report!!! Sounds amazing! I can't wait! :biggrin2:

Wow that's amazing Carol !!!:punk:

I'm happy for you that you met him !:biggrin2:

Can't wait for your pics and videos !

FINALLY....

Mika came on stage!!!

So this being my very first Mika gig.....the look on my face must have been priceless!! (apparently it was, there is a pic and none of you will see it :mf_rosetinted: )

This was one of the best concerts I have ever been too!! The crowd was amazing, singing along to every song (except HMDYLM cuz no one with the exception of maybe 10 of us had heard it before), dancing...

Mika just happened to mention that we were "****ing amazing!!!!!" in case you were interested. :mf_rosetinted:

Mika opened with the usual Relax and performed many of the same songs he did on the UK tour but this time instead of Missionary Man, he performed When Doves Cry with Saranayde! He also closed with Relax but did a more "relaxed" version of it.

There was the Love Today drum solo of course where Mika decided to pour his bottle of water on Cherisse's head....that boy sure can run....Cherisse is quick herself...and yes, he was shirtless.:wub2:

Then came the moment we were all waiting for.....

LOLLIPOP!!!!

Of course we didn't want to see the show end but we were looking forward to Véro and Mary-Lune in their pink dresses. They came on stage at the beginning of the song which was great cuz it gave them a chance to show off their mad dance skills. They looked like they were having the time of their lives!! The Big Girls didn't make it out to the stage until about 30 seconds before the end of the song cuz someone forgot to give them their cue to go onstage. A memorable moment was when Mika walked up to Mary-Lune and started to sing to her...I've never seen anyone look so shocked! Poor girl!

to be continued....again

AMAZING!!! :punk:

TORONTO HERE WE COME!!!!

tomorrow u will meet him after probably! :thumb_yello:

TORONTO HERE WE COME!!!!

Thanks for your report !

Have fun at the next gig !:punk:

YAYYYYYY happy for u guys!!!